What exactly went wrong?

What exactly went wrong?

Attached: consecrated_snowfield_location_map_elden_ring_wiki_guide_1920px.jpg (1920x2296, 793.36K)

lack of a father figure in the shazamtroon's life

Nothing. It was a fun area with a good boss

>too much empty open space
>fill it will fog
>spawn the fastest archers in the game.

boring and unpleasant area other than some patrols.

Probably a fatigue of running the same 4 dungeons and catacombs copy pasted and getting burned out by the time you reach that area.

People got mad they're not good enough for the OPTIONAL area and then bitch about it to feel better about their failures.

It tried to copy one of the most kino places in all of souls (DS2 DLC) and failed.

Was there any need for it to be so big and empty? Like the other 5 big and empty areas in the game

It's not too bad, it was as difficult as land of giants and had the annoying snow blind. I hate the area but I can't stand any snow areas in games with Xenoblade Chronicles being the exception because the nighttime looks incredible. I hate slow walking mechanics and haha now you can't see 2ft ahead! Just glad Elden Ring doesn't make you walk through 3ft of snow, but I'm still extremely curious about the dragon soldiers there that appear infinite. Not sure if there's a way to stop them spawning into the game or not.

It's a whole lot of nothing, but it leads to the Haligtree and the most kino boss in the game, so I really don't mind it. A little albinauric lore is cool too. Those archers can fuck off though.

ds2 sucks cock and you will never be loved or wanted

Albinauric archers

>inb4
>Consecrated Snowfield
>The other snowfield
>Radahn desert (yes, there is content at the end, you need to go through it)
>Lake of Liurnia
>Most of Weeping Peninsula
>Rot Lake
>Altus Plateau

That makes 7 big empty areas actually. There are copy-pasted dungeons and repeated enemies everywhere. When you are already 100 hours into the game and you haven't finished yet, you start to get tired.

Nothing. I expected mountaintop and snowfield to be generic snow zones but I was surprised by the variety of locations and the interesting lore

Not much. Ok area. 7/10

Its 1000x better than they shithole in DS2

>fastest archers
Those minotaur niggas are worse. Soon as you enter their range three arrows hit your chest.

The game really needed to end at Leyndell, then have everything after that be optional. I've done one full playthrough and made three more characters, and all three I just stop after killing Morgott, because there's nothing worth doing afterward, except maybe Haligtree, but even then I'd have to fight that fat old fuck in the fortress that does 90% of your health with random lightning farts.

DS II DLC is widely recognized as the best in the franchise, and SotFS is on par with the original DS. Cope.

The game is a prime example of the classic adage
Get woke. Go broke.
They tried WAY to hard to pander to the LGBT crowd. The final boss is literally both trans and non binary. And there’s a lot of other homosexual themes in the game. People just aren’t buying into it. Sucks to think this game comes from the same people that made bloodborne
>inb4 gwyndolin
They didn’t beat you over the head with him. You knew he was a fruit but so did the game so they locked him into a well hidden area so most people didn’t have to see him, and then in DSIII his homosexual sin turned him into a giant monster

this is why everyone is getting tired of your shit

>The final boss is literally both trans and non binary. And there’s a lot of other homosexual themes in the game
No.. That's not it.

>good boss
???

Is it just me or does the game feel empty after limgrave?
Like they put all the dungeons in limgrave and sprinkled one or two in other areas.

Is this the new "ER IS ANTIWHITE" pasta?

literally mountaintops: again
when mountaintops was already liurnia east: again but with snow

both areas are easily the worst "open world" sections

They rehashed dark souls 2 dlc

Discord

Better than Frigid Outskirts?

The entirety of the mountains needed something more for the giants. All we had was impaled giants all over the place, no Giant Den or anything resembling where they would live and do shit as a culture. Instead, we got more knights. Castle Sol looks so out of place and its entirely too small to begin with.

There's a fuckhuge crack/ravine splitting the mountains but nothing is built into the walls to even give a feeling that something could be living there as well, or even a new place to explore that would actually make the zones bearable.

It felt like a filler area just for padding out the game.

The fact that From is not good at making ice/snow themed enemies and thay already ran out of good ideas with previous games.
- Vikings? Nope, DS3 already had Millwood Knights and Farron Legion that look like vikings
- Frozen Knights? Nope, DS2 already did that, plus they would have to make up some unfitting lore as to why are they all so frozen and how powerful the cold is.
So they decided to do the easiest and shittiest thing, the thing they did in DS1, which was filling the area with enemies that have nothing to do with the cold like in the painting world, hence why you get naked Shamans, Naked frogmen, and magma wyrm in ice freezing temperatures. Also probably the time when Bandai was knocking and they rushed it like they did with the entire second half of DS1

I'm about to start Elden Ring. I want to use sword and shield, please tell me what to level. Thanks!

Attached: 1641241508429.gif (600x338, 1.2M)

>not a limgrave tier size garbage thing by the endgame begin
id say that was a smart choice.

Level arcane and use bleed, it is pretty balanced

DS2 Loyce was a really good snow area with good themed enemies.

fog areas suck. enemies with more hp than bosses and can kill you in 2 hits at 50 vigor and endgame armor is stupid. the fact those same enemies drop NOTHING OF VALUE AND FUCK ALL FOR SOULS IS RETARDED DESIGN. the only thing to do in this shit hole is speed run the church, mausoleum and pick up shinies while running past everything possible. their entire game design is built around NOT PLAYING THE GAME. that is bad design. these end game zones all encompass that game design philosophy the most and actively promote not fighting anything and running past all content and just speedrunning bosses/get to next checkpoint bullshit.

>it is pretty balanced

Attached: 1644526345286.jpg (816x992, 99.31K)

should have made it two liner branching paths

one would lead to halig tree, the other to farum azula

>What exactly went wrong?
When some faggot said the entire southern half should be shrouded in blinding fog and Miyizaki said "good idea"

Anything is better than the Frigid Outskirts.

Attached: SotFS_Kirin.jpg (1807x1024, 1.52M)

True, but they couldnt make it again, or else people would be pissed at them not being original and taking too much from previous games.

>it's another completely contentless zone but this time your vision is obscured
big thonk

They created albinauric warrior women and knights of zamor as unique enemies for the areas

Not saying these areas are good, but they did have some themed enemies.

knights of zamor are terribly designed

>Radahn desert
That place is three times too big and way too empty for the boss battle

One of my favorite moments in the game

>After exiting the secret path you arrive in a blizzard with near zero visibility
>Follow the trail of lights
>Get chased by some huge something in the middle of the storm
>Finally the storm breaks and you see a town on a hill with frog albinaurics walking towards it
>The town is literally a ghost town all its residents spirits
>find an evergoal and enter the endless night the city is trapped in, patrolled by black knives and sniper elite cripples
>Solve the puzzle and break the seal on the town
>Miquella's Haligtree

It was incredible, the stuff adventures are made of

DAE fight the lesser runebear there?god what a nightmare, literally had to riposte him 8 times

There is nothing there apart from a door to a dungeon.

Infinitely

>fat old fuck in the fortress that does 90% of your health with random lightning farts.
The only thing unpleasent about him is his NOTHIN PERSONEL butt buddies but once you kill them, he's a fucking pushover. Hell, he barely even attacks you while they're still around because he just doesn't fight much unless you're close to him. Unless you're retarded and can't kite for shit, his phantom soldiers outpace him and you never have to engage them while he's nearby. Also, unlike the other guy with phantom troops, he never spawns in more stronger ones. Once you kill those two, that's it.

Almost everything after Leyndell is rehashed content. I wish they would have made some sort of snowy enemies.

You mean like the Zamor Warriors or Snow Trolls?

That town was probably the best thing in the whole game. If only they had put as much thought into other parts of the game.

Take your fucking meds, jesus christ. This is just getting tiresome at this point.

The could have at least put more siege and battlefield shit at least to gussy up the arena

>Snow Trolls
Literally just normal trolls with fur.

I mean the catacomb he's taking about literally has Radhan's forces and Milenia's forces engaged in a never ending war you have to sneak through

This is your brain on Yea Forums.

Cmon trolls are literally used in the first fifteen minutes of the game. Same with the dogs. Didn‘t even change appearance except making them white.

With new moves, the ability to roll and Giant's flame incantations

Level viggor, endurance and strength.

People have not found the hidden underground dungeon in the middle of the map.

No legacy dungeon

There was a boss here?

>new moves
I don't think anybody but an aspie would spend enough time to fight reskinned enemies from the first zone in the game that don't drop anything to find out if they have one or two more moves

See Snow Trolls are very different from regular Trolls and they'll even fight those dogs.

The one by all the octopus and crabs?

thanks, i wasn't sure if strength or dex was better for this. If i understand correctly, some weapons need different stats depending on wether you one hand or two hand them?

How do I get rid of this blizzard. I figured the dragon would be causing it.

Are you daft, the Haligtree. This whole area exists to be the path to the Haligtree.

Also the normal entrance to Mohgwyn, the final part of Sofria is here.

>Get chased by some huge something in the middle of the storm
>Finally the storm breaks and you see a town on a hill with frog albinaurics walking towards it

??? The fuck I just wandered around in the blizzard for like 5 minutes then it cleared to an empty valley. Still looked good but I was never chased nor did I see any frog boys heading anywhere.

Those stats are all you need, strength is the main one. You might need a bit of dex for some weapons.

fpbp

You can't, but the blizzard only covers the southern half below the river

>create massive zone where sight is limited
>infinitely respawning end game enemies that don't drop anything that are also invisible
>fromgook actually thinks people are going to spend dozens of hours feeling around the zone to find one or two secrets

Nightrider duo in an NPC invasion area

And yet the appearance is copy pasted. Why not introduce a new kind of enemy like the albinaurics, or the handspiders?

death bird is shit

two handing a weapon reduces stat requirements and increases damage, so you can still wield a weapon effectively with 2 hands, even if you dont have the strength for it

At least you look stylish as a luminescent porcupine

Draw distance too far so you couldn't get lost Frigid Outskirts style. Needed intermittent completely blinding snowstorms and random riders charging you out of the fog.

how many of you retards didn't realize you were supposed to follow the light in the foggy area