You lied to me Yea Forums it's actually good

you lied to me Yea Forums it's actually good

Attached: 1634743442761.jpg (1024x1024, 202.46K)

Do you mean the season?

I want to start this but I'm afraid I'll never catch up with all of the updates and I'll end up wasting time

devs are scammers. you don't make a product for it to get good in half a decade and become vindicated because you have e celebs start acting like it's some kind of hidden gem now

You dont have to catch up. After the tutorial phase you can do whatever you want. It's not a linear game and there's no story.

Is there any limited time stuff I could miss out on?

I bought two copies to play with my sister and we got bored immediately, it's so fucking barren

>runescape gameplay without the quests in 2022
>good

Catch up to what? Its not in any way competitive.
I've recently started myself and i had a blast. They've released a new expedition, which boosts your start, providing multiple items/unlocks dusring a short story run.
Im over the game now, but i had 40 hours of fun. I just did what was fun for me and skipped most of the game has to offer. I know i will return to it eventually, and i enjoyed the expirience.

Try it, it worth it. Its not for everyone, but you can always rofon it if its not your thing

No, everything the updated is placed in the universe at random though, so you have to explore a ton to find the new content.

>there's no story.
there is a story. you are wrong

there are a few time-gated thingies but they are just cosmetics, and they get repeated every now and again.
I've gone through the game many times since launch, it's really fun. Don't worry about any of that stuff unless you see a time-gated reward that you really really want to have. (even then, you can use a save editor to get it, if you missed out. The devs don't mind, and in fact they encourage modding )

Lol no. The "muh gek n shit" is just a nice way of telling NPCs to go and explore shit.

there are a few ships/skins/pets you get for previous expeditions (seasons). All just purely cosmetical

>Get materials to repair ship
>fly to another planet
>fly to another planet
>fly to another planet
>fly to another planet

you'll be bored in a week

>t. hasn't completed the story missions

It's is a strand type game after all

Death Stranding is just No Man's Sky without the good stuff

They fucked up, yes, but since then they've stuck with the game for what, 7-8 years now? Every single update they've provided has been free. I'm not saying suck their dick but it's admirable

also told you you had shitaste.

but user, it's YOU who has shit taste

The stories are all the same:
>Go to X
>Explore shit
>return
If you think that's a fucking story you're a fucking retard.

You READ the story user, that's why it's called a story.
And then at the end you give birth to a new star while the atlas weeps over it's own mortality
Also, if you missed out of the ARG then you really missed out of the fun story stuff

I have played every update and completely understand that each story is just a new reason to explore random parts of the universe. People like you need a narrative to be told what to do, I get it, but the stories are all the same: "go out and explore the universe" level of shit.

Play one of the expeditions and it boosts you and gives you all the equipment current players have. But it doesn’t matter in this game. People give you stuff for free if you ask for it.

>People like you need a narrative to be told what to do,
no I play freeform and frankly dislike the handholding tutorial so I mod it out of the game each update.
You simply need to stop lying about shit because you're still salt-encrusted since 2016

Lol you're fucking stupid. That's just a forced way to get you to explore the universe. Low IQ lol.

I remember when this fucking game released back in August 2016 and everyone was clowning on it. I close my eyes for a split second and suddenly it's 6 FUCKING YEARS OLD. Take me back god damn it.

Attached: 1648118367018.jpg (678x452, 23.27K)

>game's story forces you to play the game
lol and you're upset about this
kys

I never liked nms

Man you're a retard. Keep telling yourself what it takes to make you feel like you understand the game.

I've enjoyed it since launch, I dunno what sort of delusion you're on, but keep going it's funny

>I need a story to explore the universe
>"no you need the story maaan"
literally, you're fucking stupid.

Attached: 1631709407054.jpg (744x744, 49.59K)

What is base building,
What is following atlas path
What is being a smuggler
What is exploring an abandoned freigther
What is starting your own settlement
What is finding a living ship
What is killing giant worm enemies
What is finding and taming exotic fauna
What is doing nexus missions to earn quicksilver and unlock new armors and skins,

What if you just shut the fuck up

never once did I say I 'need' a story.
I simply stated that THERE IS ONE. Something that you lied about

Lol what ever you need to tell yourself.

OP, I hope you have fun but you can ignore the retard troll that thinks there's some linear progressive story mode. There isn't.

Expeditions, but its all cosmetics and they repeat anyway.

Wtf? I'm just pointing out that the game makes you explore it by having a small narrative to the universe. Its not a story you fucking mouth breather.

I do hope you enjoy it for a bit.
But at some point you'll run out of new things to see. You could build some elaborate base and hope the bugs dont fuck it up. But then what?
Sure, I had a couple of hours of fun, but after Id seen every planet type and their very small variety in creatures, features and general stuff to actually do I was done. Every space station is the same, every derelict is the same, every ruin, every outpost. You only find the same races, ships and resources.
And once you realize that, all interest fizzles. normally you'd finish a story, complete a challenge, or find some infinite gameplay loop that keeps you going, but No Man's Sky doesn't really have any of that. Youre just exploring for the sake of exploring, but there's nothing new to do or see.
>But there's a story
It's terrible and its conclusion made me see how devoid of meaning this universe they built is.

pretty good

Attached: nms.jpg (183x201, 36.13K)

>there is a story
Wrong. There's no fucking story to this game what the fuck are you even playing?

>the game runs out of things to show you like 50 hours in
bruh how is this a criticism, if you want another fucking life to live kill yourself irl and respawn my god

It's pretty bad for a SPACE GAME.
But it's ok for your usual survival crafting grindfest.

It is a game to pass time with, it's not TLU2
I like listening to podcast with it and shit while exploring and fighting sentinels. If you're not this kind of player you can buy GOW or something deeper.
You get constant updates with one purchase, no DLC and all the other shit.

>a narrative is not a story

Attached: feeling special.png (455x478, 308.89K)

Distractions from the core gameplay loop of finding materials to spend on upgrades so you can gather and find and store more materials. You can cover your dog shit in cheeze whizz and sprinkles but I'm still not going to eat it, shill.

I highly doubt you even play games anymore, people like you just make "disliking thing" your personality and run with it. Tell me about Dark souls 3 again, user.

see
If you need the fucking "guided go explore expieirice" then sure, call it a story. But it isn't. Its literally just "go and explore the fucking universe" the game. People like you probably see a billboard and think "Holy shit this is a great novel and it could be a movie".

>Distractions from the core gameplay loop of finding materials to spend on upgrades so you can gather and find and store more materials.

And there is nothing wrong with that, it's not your type of game.

Attached: 20220420125813_1.jpg (1920x1080, 482.29K)

>If you need the fucking "guided go explore expieirice"
I am more salty about how shit the space aspect is. Has no problems with planets - building bases on different worlds is comfy.

can i have a huge spaceship that i can make my home yet?

You can. But big ships are just static assets. You can't manually move them. Only spawn in different places. Elite dangerous did the same retatded shit.

Freighters which are mobile bases are in the game for quite a while now.
You can expand, hire crew (if you want) and decorate them

I guess it's also a technical limitation moving those big ass ships in real time. idk

its still very meh
they haven't even bothered to fix their atrocious inventory system

based buying right now

No one lied when they called you a retard though

Some hyperdrive jumps later yoou'll be in the middle of a space battle, if you fight off pirates you get a message from the captain to get on the freighter with your rewards.
You can either accept payment or their freighter for free. Now only the first one is free, so the best if it's not a C class. Of course you can get a better freighter later. If you have a freighter you can send out fleets to earn money and materials for you so it's a good idea to start expanding one as early as possible.

>You READ the story user, that's why it's called a story.
this is bait.

>What is base building,
worthless or a way to grind farm for cash to skip parts of the main gameplay loop
>What is following atlas path
worthless
>What is being a smuggler
the same gameplay loop with a different skin
>What is exploring an abandoned freigther
worthless
>What is starting your own settlement
worthless
>What is finding a living ship
worthless
>What is killing giant worm enemies
worthless
>What is finding and taming exotic fauna
worthless
>What is doing nexus missions to earn quicksilver and unlock new armors and skins,
worthless

This game is not for me - the post
> worthless
it's a fucking videogame, everything in it is worthless

The game has like 40 hours of content tops.