Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: w85g4.jpg (1600x900, 84.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kGcTlW5dW2g
youtube.com/watch?v=9R1ThdEEKw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've never played minecraft

Attached: frog-peeking-out-envato-1400.jpg (1400x933, 194.46K)

Why?

Attached: p4938v6gc.jpg (1280x640, 125.64K)

Garbage. Fuck Jeb.

Attached: 1642563690733.png (536x558, 253.58K)

Mainly because I wasn't 12 year old when it came out. Already did all the building in a video game stuff in garry's mod years earlier. So I don't know, justnever had interest to play it.

Minecraft is too basic to provide anything of interest
Too many failed sandboxes these days that don't understand what the genre needs which is why I'm makin my own

>game will literally never look anything like this
>the devs are too retarded and not a single person is interested in aesthetics

vintage story is better. also why is minecraft still developed like an indie game when they have MS bux?

another trivial update...yay.

What does the genre need user?

frog bros we fucking WON
im pretty satisfied with the update, since i wanted the swamp to win the first time around
too bad you have to make a microsoft account to play the game, guess ill just have to pirate it when it comes out

dont care about these fake updates
im waiting for hytale

It needs MY GAME.

the most soulful update minecraft has ever had

What did Jeb mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=kGcTlW5dW2g

block game bad

Because they don't need to. Why spend all that money on AAA development? Save the revenue for something nice, or just having a lot of money is nice

>Microsoft refuses to give me a valid token to sign in to any launcher
>Ping the original token server
>It's still there
>Forge a token request
>Token specifically not granted with a microsoft auth check
I think Microsoft has been allowed to exist for too long

Attached: 218093.gif (93x93, 9.84K)

Oh wow it's literally nothing

So far the only reason to go to these deep dark cities is a compass that will show you where you died last. By the time you can go to these cities you're probably not going to be dying very often. It's not a great reward.

Honestly only the sex mod that schnuri is making is keeping me interested but damn his workflow is retarded. I don't know why he doesn't just make animations universal for all his npcs like the sims but I just assume minecraft is fucked to mod for.

Attached: 1581394962784.jpg (960x960, 205.53K)

Because Terraria is better

Attached: 1649657425035m.jpg (549x1024, 73.66K)

They have yet to add the biggest feature of the ancient city related to this portal.

Attached: 86434af9e92b83b48b18112b65d5516f.png (1026x546, 725.69K)

brown bricks

I stopped giving a fuck after they required Microsoft accounts for Java.

user, there are thousands of texture packs, shaders and even reshade

Terraria isn't enough for this genre
Its a huge step in the right direction but it isnt enough

what does it do?

More will follow, don't worry

any futa mods?

Not soon unfortunately
I don't think anyone gets what sandbox games like terraria and minecraft need to move forward

reminder that they removed fireflies because they're poisonous to frogs irl or some shit, instead of making the frogs NOT eat them in game they just decided to scrap fireflies entirely. oh and the mushrooms, extra branches, fallen logs and new flowers for the birch forests? all scrapped too, the birch forest is not being updated. so the "wild update" consists of swamp, the warden and frogs, holy fucking shit how incompetent mojang is

they get bought by microsoft, hire modders consistently to work for them and still can't make a real update or keep to promises that they officially announce and are even hyped for themselves. they had agnes talking about fireflies in a live stream for about 20 minutes about how much she loves them and how they remind her of her childhood adventuring in sweden and now they're just canning them because they can't code frogs to not eat them lmao

anyone play the ARPG? how is it?
Shaders + twilight forest mod is pretty close.

youtube.com/watch?v=9R1ThdEEKw8

>make the migration
>Microsoft closes my accz because it's "suspicious"
>Asks for a phone number
>Tell them I don't have a phone
>They tell me literally "just use a phone of your relatives or your friends. Everyone has friends, right?"

Attached: url(1).jpg (780x438, 37.56K)

Remove copper

make one, java is EZ

Attached: Tick Tock Mr Crabs.jpg (1440x740, 232.23K)

What would you add, user ?

from the thumbnail i thought it was the rtx version. its pretty close.

Morally justified to pirate minecraft at that point.

They need to add Minecraft to Steam with achievements.

this birch forest is all but cut from the update

I've been working on a project in the background. But basically the genre needs a 3D sandbox with a focus on combat and a progression system that changes the world over time.
Terraria is a perfect step in the right direction but it's limited to its 2D space and is held back by a few things namely re-logic's incompetency
I've got a whole bulleted list of things for a perfect game in this genre really.

Attached: Knuk.png (186x181, 68.63K)

Hytale! (dead before even released, which is a shame because one of the developers (the guy who made their 3D modelling and animation system), Élisée, is really cool and it's a shame that all the high profile projects he's worked on have ended up going under.)

Are you an ideas guy?

>barely any promised bedrock parity features
>no birch forest (most likely cut)
>no fireflies (they have their own song now though)
>"wild" update promised ambience updates to all biomes, instead we got 2 new ones with one being barebones

Even funnier when you imagine this was all supposed to be 1 update and they split it in at least 4 parts now

Also
>Fireflies are sometimes poisonous to frogs thus we make them eat magma cream
yikes
total mismanagement at mojang

Not even Hytale has the idea right
Hytale is just a lightly-expanded take on Minecraft with a focus more on exploration.
I've been working on a project/idea for a few months. Making models and learning animation/music composition
Taking college for compsci and so on. Dropped pretty much everything to pursue it

you also get some new music disk shards with the newest snapshot from yesterday.
Loot always sucked in minecraft, just look at woodland mansions, it sucked right from the start

You will be disappointed, it will be nothing. They just worship the warden or so.

>3D sandbox with a focus on combat and a progression system
sounds boring.
Minecraft is better because I can build factories and enslave the game engine with my superior human brain

Unlikely. The portal is made with a block that has the same hardness as obsidian, and can't be moved with pistons. The only other blocks that can't be moved with pistons are obsidian and end-portal frames

Attached: 9b313593b82fe8f54c18d601b4b12da3.png (477x437, 19.29K)

I'm going to swallow it with my anus

>rest of the queued up biome reworks would have fit perfectly as they are all hot biomes
>could have added in archeology as well (shocased feature in the 1.7.10 minecon that has never been mentioned or hinted at since) and called it the dune and ruin update.
>just make it a fucking swamp rework and the megastructure thats been delayed for two updates.
anyone who still supports mojang after this confirmed to just be a mindless normalfag. absolutely unacceptable amount of content for the time spent.

Good for you. But if [minecraft with conbat and progression] is your first game then you are going to drown in work and likely not finish anything.

if this "portal" is just a literal nothingburger then this will be the unironic WORST update since microsoft took over.
even 1.15 was focused on bug fixes.
sad truth is minecraft has hit the final stage here, but its even worse because the browns are in mojang.
you will watch minecraft get perverted into one of its many clones with zero quirks for the mainstream and you will like it.

Attached: degradation.jpg (1407x715, 274.46K)

Hey remember when Minecraft used to be cool?

Coming to bedrock too? I only play that version because java needs to burn in a hellfire

Yeah I'll be pacing it out don't worry
Its a huge undertaking and I want to approach it in a healthy way, a little bit at a time while not overwhelming myself.
I know I have the perfect idea to make it work, but its just gonna take me a long time, no matter how badly I want to show this idea off

I just don't believe a new dimension could be a secret for this long. What would hit be, the Aether(Like the one from the modder they employed)?

I highly doubt it

>progression system that changes the world over time
You mean like destruction or changes in the environment? Like wiping out a specific monster race cause the environment in this particular area/region to change etc. ?

Well, changes to the "world" as in your perception of the world. Some changes would directly add terrain to the game in certain areas, while some unlock areas altogether for the player to newly enter and explore.
But in natural, intuitive ways, and not just.. "a big-ass door with a lock on it".

Attached: cubot.jpg (292x338, 20.6K)

oh, and I don't believe the hype of the newest music disc having flint and steel noises and some sort of (portal?) activation sound, could be anything else

see and listen

Something like Twilight Forest's progression?

You mean like in the game "Eco" just with more content and exploration?

I never played much of the Twilight Forest so I can't say.
But I've got a really strong progression system and style I've been working on that I'm excited to be using.
The trick is to progress the "world" state through multiple different ways throughout the game to keep things interesting.
Once you meet the unique criteria to "progress the world state", you're given a unique boss reflective of your current tools and abilities.

Attached: 1587309399458.jpg (338x284, 24.44K)

It doesn't have to be a new dimension. It could simply be a portal to a new secret dungeon, or something that alters the overworld, like maybe flipping it upside-down, or anything related to the time-reversal shit in the disc.

Mojang are literally the most incompetent developers right?
The game is literally just voxel blocks with 16x16 textures.
Modders have been able to add so much fucking content to the game in a fraction of the time it takes Mojang to update the game, except Modders can add way more content than Mojang, who just ends up cutting features or delaying them until future updates because they're just too slow.
I understand they have two different versions of the game, with a plethora of platforms and input modes to develop for, but surely it doesn't take THAT long?
I make games on Roblox (i know...), and I support mobile, console and PC with all their input devices, and as a single developer I'm able to add way more content in each update to my game than Mojang has in the past few years.
Fuck off does it take that long for a company worth billions, owned by a bigger company worth trillions to add more than a couple biomes, structures and mobs to the game.