I hold the position that there has never been a bad Ace Attorney game...

I hold the position that there has never been a bad Ace Attorney game, but yeah this is the worst one by far and it's like no contest

Attached: product_aa5_thumb_enus.jpg (640x640, 295.41K)

Why?

>not the first great ace attorney game
Boring dialogue, cookie cutter characters, boring cases, tired racism etc

Have you actually looked at susato
Damn

Nah AJ is worse. Literally fucked up the trajectory of the main games.

Attached: 1649101178018.png (646x713, 569.55K)

I agree. They are two worst AA games but AJ is worse.

Surely not worse than SoJ, right?

>tired racism
How? It wasn't even that prevalent in the story save for van Zieks (who had a pretty strong reason). It makes sense given its setting.

And it's all because of Apollo

Its literally the best one of the 2nd trilogy and also far above Investigations 1.

>Apollo's introduction fucks up the subsequent games
>Apollo's exit kills the series

Attached: 1499748403646.jpg (731x746, 89.33K)

>Its literally the best one of the 2nd trilogy
Agreed
>and also far above Investigations 1.
Debatable

The writing is shit, Athena is shit, there are only like one or two decent cases at best and it's still ridiculous as fuck dumb bullshit.

Spirit of Justice was way better, and it's just trying to clean up the shit that Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies made. Apollo Justice was good but they should have kept pre-AA4 characters out of it outside of cameo appearances. They should have just let Apollo Justice kill off the modern day characters and rebooted with new characters since they have success with that, as seen with Great Ace Attorney 1 and 2.

AJ would have been fine if they'd been allowed to use their initial plan of having Phoenix just not appear at all. Trying to have an increasing number of protagonists and supporting characters who keep changing around between the second trilogy completely borked the storytelling and character development

>Spirit of Justice was way better,
In what way? Just curious because SoJ is my least favorite game in the series.

graphically

Or better yet, don't bring him back after AJ. Have him as a mentor of sorts on the side while expanding upon Apollo's character.

>Apollo and Trucy are the main characters but also Phoenix has a major character/story arc
>Now there's Athena, and Apollo, Trucy and Phoenix don't really matter but have to be there for reasons
>Apollo's and Phoenix are the main characters again, Trucy gets a showcase.... case but otherwise does nothing, Athena also has nothing but a filler case

Oh yeah, I'll definitely agree on that. DD did a really weird job with some of the animations.

Attached: pw.jpg (1334x750, 99.04K)

I don't think I can bring myself to replay any of these games again. Are there any good fan cases?

>less Athena bullshit
>better trials
>better twists
>better story beats
>good soundtrack
It's not on par with the OG trilogy but it's damn better than Dual Destinies. It still has retarded logic jumps at times and retarded story elements like the entire last trial vs. the fucking queen of the country who can write the law on a whim but it was still entertaining.

if Athena was underage more people here would defend her game

The Phantom is the worst final killer in the series, only Treeman and Rita Repulsa come close

That's more or less what he was in DD iirc, but for both Apollo and Athena. SoJ benefitted from just not adding a new defense attorney

If she was a murderer more people would defend her game

>a pretty strong reason
>muh best friend's betrayal
>i will do literally nothing but whining for 10 years xD
braindead apologists for poorly written shit like this always make me laugh

Spirit of Justice was bad. I've heard good things about OP.

AJ was great.

Attached: politics_1.png (195x247, 27.78K)

Also the Athena bullshit that is there is one of the better breather cases in the series imo

DD and SoJ are better than AJ

Her game hasn't happened yet, that's GS7

>thinking Athena will get her own game ever

>>better story beats
>>good soundtrack
I'll give you these because I can't even remember DD's overall story outside of the final trial. Weirdly enough, I didn't mind Athena that much. I don't think she was a necessary addition (or a good one) but I thought she was okay. Mood matrix was pretty dogshit though.
>spoiler
That and the whole premise of the foreign trials are why I don't like the game. Both of the cases that take place in good ol' Los Angeles were pretty decent.

Also SoJ's last trial owns fuck you

>DD better than AJ
lmao

I also think everyone saying SoJ is bad and DD is good are intentionally baiting. That's like saying "I know Metroid Dread is bad but I heard good things about Other M"

>Athena prequel
putting aside the fact that 5-3 was her first trial, imagine how utterly incompetent she'd be

I'm not, but I also kinda blazed through the modern trilogy.

It has better cases (better pacing and execution compared to DD, aren't retarded like AJ) and it allows the player to inspect the scenes once again. Not a fan of Apollo but nuNepalese is alright. I also like Athena but hate her gimmick.

My wife Susato!

Attached: E7gRWcsVcAAWBwK.png (400x400, 133.46K)

I don't know if this was their intention but Khura'in was such a corrupt 3rd world shithole that I couldn't give a shit about any of the characters in it and just wanted Phoenix and Maya to come home.

That was some of it for me too. It's even worse when they make it corrupt but then do illogical stuff, like 6-3's "Yeah you foreigners are guilty of murder and both you and your lawyer are sentenced to death, but we're still going to let you investigate the second murder that just came up."

>Dude lawyers are evil!!
>this is somehow worse than the absolute state of the current US

more of a Xet'hohl

>but yeah this is the worst one by far and it's like no contest
2 and 4 are worse
2 has a single good case that doesn't redeem rest of the game being shit
4's only good case is the tutorial one that's hardly a case

>Reviewing GAA1 alone, rather than both as a whole as intended
Do people really...?

Attached: 674787.jpg (519x510, 26.48K)

>2 has a single good case
And when compared to DD's zero good cases, AA2's a much better game.

>And when compared to DD's zero good cases
The entire tutorial case and last case (both halves of it) is great, even if the antagonist is underwhelming and the DLC case aka real Case 3 is pure perfection. It has factually more good cases than AA2.

Attached: latest[1].png (70x70, 3.36K)

DLC case is good

>Catalog
I unironically liked the school case, come at me

>>entire tutorial case
>he liked Payne giving Athena PTSD and Wright taking retard pills the second he steps into the courtroom

The school case was legitimately in my top 5 before I started playing the spinoffs. I really enjoyed the characters and the killer is one of my favorites in the series after his transformation.

Where can I find a Susato gf?

Attached: Dgs2susato.png (735x1898, 938.23K)

You play as a retarded lawyer for the tutorial of every Wright game it can't be helped

I'd probably put AJ below DD just because 4-3 is the worst case in the series. I think only 2-3 is on the same level as it. Can we play the tape again?

I want Investigations 3 so bad bros

Attached: M-Spin2.gif (232x216, 133.62K)

I can't remember but don't we solve early on that it was impossible for the blind kid to shoot the gun that's so powerful it dislocates arms and the judge is like "tough shit, find the true culprit or he's guilty"? I get that Ace Attorney is a murder mystery game larping as a court game but that was really lame.

I do too, but for the love of god please make the cases shorter. AAI2-3 was fantastic but it was something like a 9 hour case. I'm pretty sure it's the longest case in the series.

Attached: 1649101178019.png (513x383, 58.3K)

The courtroom thread got deleted, by the way.

I got lost because of the dumb monkey business in the court and being forced to play that fucking video

WHERE IS MY COURTROOM ROLEPLAY YOU FUCKS?!

in your discord tranny groomer

For me I hated the simplified investigations (I liked the investigations) and finding all of the flavor text from investigating random shit and presenting everyone every piece of evidence.
Dual Destinies is also too easy, and the main plot is stupid to follow since the cases are ordered in the dumbest way possible.
I'm pretty sure that the actual chronological order of the cases is something like
>5-2
>5-dlc
>5-1
>5-4 part 1
>5-3
>5-4 part 2
>5-5
Like who the fuck wrote this?

It did fuck up the trajectory, but itself was a better game than Dual Destinies

The cases were a little tighter, the investigations were restored.
The story is pretty chronological, not the weird mess of Dual Destinies

Apparently the project leads were unwilling to go full out on the 3D models and animations. They kept insisting the model and animation team "Make 3d like 2d" so that's why the animations are so choppy and the expressions are pretty unnatural for 3D models to have

All wrong

There's a good chance the next game will focus on her like how Spirit of Justice focused on Apollo

>The developers focused on preserving the look of earlier games' 2D art: they created a concept model (top), and refined it until the entire team was satisfied (bottom).

Attached: Dual_Destinies_3D_model_development.png (250x295, 140.79K)

To me it just seemed like such a retarded concept.
Like sure Ace Attorney has fantastical elements, but it's still supposed to be set in somewhat of a normal world.
When you have something like a third world country which hates defense attorneys, that's just retarded and such an obvious contrivance for the plot.
Takes me out of the story more or less

AJ makes DD seen like a masterpiece in comparison. Though, there is no such thing as an Ace Attorney game being a bad game so nothing really comes of it.

So no?

2 -> DLC -> 3 -> 4A -> 1 -> 4B -> 5
They probably forced Phoenix into the first case so they could draw people in with a demo where he was playable. The rest had to do with seasons or some shit.

Well Japanese people did, as they were sold separately