Decide to go back and play DS2 after finishing ER to see how they compare

>decide to go back and play DS2 after finishing ER to see how they compare
>the bosses feel like fighting elderly people in comparison
I can't get over how slow them are honestly

Attached: Old_Iron_King.png (1024x855, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/PBN4i6s
youtube.com/watch?v=QHDPr07hyzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1 and 2 were very slow games. Rolling is completely optional, both games can be casually beaten with a shield as your only method of avoiding damage.

>I can't get over how slow them are honestly
Welcome to DaS2's release date.

Attached: 1450354766_Kocoum on Hellkite bridge.gif (418x270, 1.74M)

Yeah, they were better bosses though.

Not really, most just do side slashes or downward slashes and thats about it.

DaS2 doesn't have roll spam. You pretty much top your rolls at 3. So making spam rolling your primary mechanic for fighting wouldn't work. I personally prefer the DaS2 combat since positioning matters a lot more than just relying on roll spam. In DaS2 you can create openings with good positioning and punish enemies. Elden Ring is a completely different fighting where the main thing you need to watch for is your roll timing.

you can circle strafe most of them. even fume knight gets fucked by it.

They're slow because you can actually dodge attacks and don't have to iframe through them. Every boss before DS3 worked this way and was slow.

/r/ing the "COWER IN FEAR AS I VERY SLOWLY RAISE MY FIST" pasta

I just finished 3. The bosses are barely faster than 1&2. Beat gael on 2nd try. Friede took 5 only because she has some really nonsensical AoEs.
Anyway DS3 sucks horse cock, easily the worst. My playthrough took 30 hours, it felt like 100 hours, and it was really unenjoyable. My DS2 replay took 60 hours and was enjoyable all the way through, even horsefuck valley.

Attached: GaelSucksDick.png (2560x1440, 3.82M)

OIK is honestly comical in how long he leaves his fist in the ground for you to hit, it's like he has dementia and forgets he's supposed to be fighting the player.

Attached: FumeDead.png (1024x576, 1.35M)

Here's me fighting the hardest boss in the game. Playing super carelessly and like shit and I still beat it first try. Coveteous Demon was even more punishing. Where's the strategic gameplay? It's not here. WHY?

Attached: 1639447814383.webm (180x102, 2.8M)

>I can't get over how slow them are honestly
Because ER and 3 were made for people with ADD

Attached: 1648991279016.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

is this a webm for ants?

>Coveteous Demon was even more punishing
DS2 is my favorite but you're just shitposting.

Based

champion is a pretty easy boss. He only got a reputation for being difficult because he generally attacks too fast to allow flask drinking, so people who are used to playing like "oops got hit, lets back up and take a sip" get murdered.
If you just play at his pace though he's really easy to dodge and doesn't have much HP.

Champion Gundyr was never the hardest boss in the game

Attached: 1637558066982.png (806x925, 543.88K)

For me it was the opposite, played ds2 last, after elden ring and it took me like 30 hours, most tries on a boss was 5 at best, but my god I hated every single second of that shit, garbage game. I now know why people hate it so much. Fume knight was cool though.

It's funny how fast DS2 threads die if they don't start with the generic DS2 cover art and/or "apologize". The brain rotted trolls that infest these threads literally don't recognize the threads if they actually have an image from the game that they've never played.

ikr? who could forget this icon boss

Lol no.

I mean he is iconically shit

nu-Souls reddit zoomers and their deserve to be slaughtered

NG+ covetous demon fucks if you make the mistake of somehow letting him hit you.

?
DS2 threads have been regularly hitting bump cap every day for the past 8 years

SERVERS
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY?

Attached: file.png (1024x1023, 906.31K)

they're never coming back bro, give up. It's been 2 months since Elden Ring came out, no hint servers are coming back up. Especially with ER bleeding players so fast they're not gonna restore the servers for the other games right now to bleed them even faster.

Based

>180x102
what
did you record the thumbnail or something

Only for senile old folk

What the fuck did you do for 30 hours if you allegedly stomped the bosses out? Game isn't hard to traverse if you're killing bosses left and right.

you try getting a 1 minute gameplay video to less than 3mb in a presentable format
Yea Forums really needs to up the upload limit, we're not in fucking russia, 3mb is 90s poorfag shit.

Based 500 ping reaction speed user

Based

shut up tranny

>ER bleeding players so fast
The retention rate for it's genre especially since it isn't a GaaS or Live service is pretty impressive. All the Dark Souls games usually settle with a pretty active player base even several years and several sequels after release.

Where did you get this picture of me

While I would love a higher upload limit too, if the video is over 30 seconds I usually just use catbox

>ER bleeding players so fast
Wut

>NOOOOOOO WHERES THE 20 HIT COMBO AND THE HECKING DELAYED ATTACKS???

Every fan that came after dark souls 1 is pure cancer

Attached: 1486258469368.gif (347x244, 3.72M)

>scholar
cringe das 2 appreciator poser

Damn, props to the camera man for getting so close to a chimpanzee without getting attacked

This is absolutely true and redditors are seething about it

Use pomf or youtube

It's probably more to do with spaghetti code. I guarantee elden ring didn't even provide an actual fix, rather they slapped easy anti-cheat on there thinking it would count.

well glad to know i'm not the only one with the issue then. I spent too long trying to make a webm of my smelter demon run for a previous DS2 thread -- where some shitters were claiming the run to smelter was insane hell that couldn't be done and you needed to fully despawn the knights -- and couldn't for the life of me get it under 3mb. Ended up just uploading to imgur:
imgur.com/a/PBN4i6s

Agreed, elden trannies be damned

Attached: 2C52593C-9D9E-40D7-94B8-7B3F7CDCF971.png (1024x873, 1.64M)

Ah yes, nothing like sitting and waiting. Just like the singing demon. Fun gameplay, not doing anything but waiting. Good times.

This is how you know ER was inspired by DS2

Dude I get neurotic if like 2 seconds goes by and I haven't rolled.

Sorry for the late reply I had to sit in a small corridor and let the chariot go by before replying.
Eat a bag of dicks.

based, fuck DS2 trannies

>this was hyped up as a big epic challenge
youtube.com/watch?v=QHDPr07hyzs
back when a challenge meant fun, fast paced combat instead of memorizing a boss' movesets while hiding for half the fight then spending 10 minutes whittling away its ridiculous health hoping you dont die to a broken hitbox or sudden unannounced new moveset

Attached: file.png (2000x1000, 1.65M)

I'm a big fan of DS 2 and considering transitioning. What pills do you guys recommend?

>while hiding for half the fight then spending 10 minutes whittling away its ridiculous health hoping you dont die to a broken hitbox or sudden unannounced new moveset
Lol
Lmao, even
Git fucking gud

Attached: tumblr_35e4aea578ca4b2c6250bf2134801131_bf9c3ced_400.gif (300x169, 946.57K)

fact. these zommers dont know a good boss fight.

>one of the most hectic bosses
>complaining about lack of action
you might just be out of adderall you adhd zoomer