Solves single-screen coop 30 years ago

>solves single-screen coop 30 years ago
>still hasn't been topped

Attached: Zombies Ate My Neighbors.jpg (500x338, 56.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AHU9sB5-e5A
youtu.be/7pTGaHEMUmM
youtu.be/mEYU3Wapy4Y
youtu.be/ugX7EUnMEsA
youtu.be/p6CSW18YTVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=k1a3Zfng6_0
vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/index.htm#ZombiesAteMyNeighbors
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What now?

Attached: zamn.png (1152x648, 18.96K)

>55 levels
*48. The rest are just filler stages.

The romhacks are amazing btw if you havent tried them and their levels.

I haven't. I haven't even beaten the original. Farthest I got without using passwords was level 40. That pyramid with locked doors filtered me.

>55 levels
>most kids get filtered 4 levels in

Attached: Chainsaw Hedgemaze Mayhem.png (896x672, 8.67K)

Whatever you do don't waste your beaker

>WHIIZZZZ BRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>*neighbor death sound*

This game filtered the fuck out of 6 year old me. I didn't beat it legitimately until I was 20 years old I think.

>shoot chainsaw guy
>it doesnt die
>shoot it more
>it still doesnt die

Attached: sonictailsgetstrolledshock.png (290x333, 94.87K)

>AAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHH

Most people period. Anyone I play with gets filtered by this level.

>neighbor dies
>pity door pops up because they were the last one

Attached: poor lad.png (500x375, 306.01K)

The only problem is that the game is nearly impossible to beat.

Otherwise 10/10.

>EXTRA BONUS VICTIM displays on the scoreboard
What the hell triggers this and why does it happen even when you lose a neighbor?

Groomers be like

Attached: ZAMN.gif (330x423, 120.16K)

I've never gotten past this level and just gave up trying when I was younger. Filtered me fucking hard to the point that it just wasn't fun anymore.

It's when you have a multiple of 40,000 points, on top of having 9 victims of less.

Each level has 10. If they all die, then it's game over, period. The number of victims is reduced in the next stage per each of them dying prior.

I was always a technology snob and couldn't get past the fact that it was a very simple game
had a few great songs

>Yea Forums actually appreciates games made before 1998
Did I take a time machine back to 2007, when it wasn't just zoomers and late milennials?

So hold up, you get a bonus for having less victims around? That's strange. What's the pattern of victims returning? After how many levels? I've gone like maybe..... 3 or 4 levels with 2 victims left and then it goes up to 3. Like they gradually recover.

For its time, it had great sprite art and good use of colors. For 1993, it was pretty good.

The password system on this game is the absolute worst I've ever seen.

>You only get passwords every 4 levels
>The password doesn't remember your playthrough so you lose all your weapons and items
What the FUCK were they thinking?

>muh co-op!!!
Embarrassing, honestly
>d-don't you have friends!?!?!?!?
Yeah I do, I don't play video games with them though you fucking loser
Video games are a solo activity

give a legitimate reason for why the bosses are so stupidly spongey.

It was useless. I only used it to practice a few levels, albeit with the pitiful squirt gun. I'd get game overs soon of course.

me and my 2 sisters hated each other and fought over the video game consoles all the time but this game and the sequel were the only games we truly enjoyed playing together. anything competitive i stomped them but in this we worked together.

>ZAMN!!!

The "bonus" is having one extra victim. You can't have 11 of them. Having more of them in a level means that you have more chance to avoid getting a game over, especially since the monsters later on in the game WILL kill them unless if you rush to them as soon as possible.

>Video games are a solo activity
You'd know all about solo activities virgin.

Most 90s kids had an SNES

and threw out the box the games came in

>Having more of them in a level means that you have more chance to avoid getting a game over
Sure I know that already. It just seemed strange that I received this bonus even when I clearly saw a neighbor die. I don't feel like I deserved it

>596376489
Can anyone explain why this autist is angry over co-op existing? I don't want to reply to him

That godamn giant baby ran me over

I was too poor too afford one. I just played my cousins' SNES back in the early to mid '90s.

>your character's face when

Attached: squidward booty.jpg (720x720, 89.9K)

I meant more like "most 90s kids had an SNES because it was out for most of the 90s and they couldn't get an N64 when it was new"

Why'd they make Julie so fugly in Ghoul Patrol bros?

ZAMN was released for SNES, it was the best port actually. It had all the weapons from the arcade version, more colors and a map button instead of the shitty minimap

Attached: ZombiesAteMyNeighbors.jpg (2000x1417, 644.41K)

>port
wat

Neither has the OST:
youtu.be/AHU9sB5-e5A
youtu.be/7pTGaHEMUmM
youtu.be/mEYU3Wapy4Y
youtu.be/ugX7EUnMEsA
youtu.be/p6CSW18YTVQ

Attached: 5xg182.jpg (500x833, 78.11K)

You ONLY receive that bonus when a neighbor dies. That's the point of the bonus, it's to bring a neighbor that you let die back to life. You can't get a "Revived neighbor" bonus if no neighbor dies.

Why is there a sudden surge of Zombies threads?
Anything happening there?

>get filtered here as a kid
>try random passwords
>one works for stage 30 something
>giant baby wrecks me

True. We couldn't get an N64 until 1997. Even then, when the N64 came out, I still wanted to play the SNES more. I just liked that system and its games so much more. Granted I still liked my N64, but come on. Yoshi's Island, SMW, ZAMN, DKC 1 through 3, Megaman X 1 through 3, Kirby Superstar, Tetris Attack, Secret of Mana, Contra 3, Super Casltevania 4. Fuck, there were so many good titles for it. Plus I preferred 16-bit games and high quality sprites over low poly.

Did you know there's a laughably miniscule point bonus for never firing the bazooka in this stage?

Same here. My older cousin's friend who was like a wizkid (I swear that guy had a Nintendo Power. How else could he know where literally everything is, including all the tokens in DKC2) had a million passwords written down. Tried level 30, 45, 20. It was fun experiencing all those later stages, even if you got wrecked a few minutes in.

Oh, okay, I understand now. They come back after that. That explains my count on the radar going from 2 to 3 in later stages. Thanks. I understand fully now.

It's strange since it really isn't that hard, and iirc has tons of secret shit everywhere?

Attached: 5dc1ee853a039cd2c4f16e1a74640c80.jpg (589x761, 116.03K)

>Ghoul Patrol

Attached: 360_F_85707418_XWKhnN8paUBULc8dN8IqIaqcMjJfwoJK.jpg (540x360, 34.02K)

So how far did you niggas get? Level 40 is my record. I was fortunate enough to have 5 monster potions in level..... 35 I believe? The one with the giant spider. If you don't have a shitton of potions and or pandora's boxes, you're fucked. The spider is so jank that it even makes the giant baby seem fair. At least you can kill one by just spamming the boxes.

The 64 didn't even have anything at launch anyway, it was basically just Super Mario 64 for a while.

I was however able to get a DS when it came out and playing Super Mario 64 on a handheld was mindblowing to 13 year old me.

Probably just an election tourist? Many such cases.

did you actually manage to finish that game back in the day? I don’t

ZAMN!!!

I think people just forget what items they have at their disposal. Bazookas, the fire extinguishers, clowns? etc. They panic when they see multiple Jasons after them, and fuck up royally.

I used to get wrecked by that level, but as a kid I remember being able to get past it once or twice. Speaking of, what is with the trope of Jason having a chainsaw? I saw it on Roseanne too. Dan had a hockey mask and a chainsaw. Only leather face had one. I think people confused the two a lot, and just combines them.

Godzamnit.>

you missed one King
youtube.com/watch?v=k1a3Zfng6_0

Attached: stylin_on_u.gif (268x268, 2.1M)

No, who could besides turboautists? Zombies is designed like an arcade game. I don't think they meant for very many people to finish it. It's really just about getting as far as you can. The levels to me are like scores you put on a leaderboard. It's about bragging rights. "I got to level 35!", "yeah well I got to level 45 motherfucker!"

I also noticed that EVERYONE forgot about the REAL sequel to Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Even features the same exact aliens at the end.

Attached: HercsAdventures.jpg (640x640, 69.91K)

I think I got close to 50 back in the day, maybe even past 50? But there's so goddamn much required hoarding thresholds as you said so seeing 55 wasn't until emulators and save states.
They just slammed iconic horror shit together. Splatterhouse did the same thing, didn't it?
Yeah, this.

Sometimes it feels as though neighbors dying is inevitable. I've seen victims where I legit could not save, no matter how many times I played. Certain spots where they always get eaten by a zombie randomly popping up. Even off-screening doesn't help

> Speaking of, what is with the trope of Jason having a chainsaw?
I think it's just creators combining easily recognizable slasher features into one package that's less likely to be deemed a 1:1 ripoff. Splatterhouse (1988 version) was particularly cheeky about this.

Of course we did. We also forget Ghoul Patrol exists too.

Wait what the fuck, there are only 48 maps? I guess I made it past 40 then, like 42 or 43.
vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/index.htm#ZombiesAteMyNeighbors

50 is impressive. You've got skills nigga

>when the ending is sus

Attached: credits.png (900x686, 160.73K)

I remember thinking Jason wielded a chainsaw as a little kid before I got to see the movies. This game is probably part of the reason why.