Why fighting games are so niche?

Why fighting games are so niche?

Attached: 1650059416799.jpg (2872x2560, 2.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjaw3N_jwpg
youtube.com/watch?v=qCq7jHMayQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1v1 games are niche

god yeah sex pussy cum cum cum oh my god rape erect cock jackoff go go go

It requires more commitment and friends to get the most out of them. The community is also cancer which adds even more of a filter.

I tried fighting games again when Strive came out, after basically a lifetime of complete disinterest. It was a good pastime but it's hard to say that it was fun. I don't feel like I got many memorable moments out of it, games go by so quickly and it's so easy to mess stuff up. I still think they're cool and self-improvement is satisfying, but they take so much time and there isn't really a bow I can put on the experience.

is this doa5lr? how do you make it look this good?

This is DOA6.

Other popular competitive genres go out of their way to make themselves casual friendly and addiction fostering.

Nowdays what isnt niche?

Attached: 5cb58c353ca4d286c7d727006c1e4125.jpg (1200x1963, 279.1K)

>1v1 games just aren't popular
>fighting games try their hardest to waste as much of your time as possible with shitty lobbies/online experience
devs should be fucking embarrassed that the games they try to sell are outclassed by games from the fucking 90s having better modern convenience and technology

Cooming

Having to teammatess to blame it on but also carry you can help

It's 6 but I don't recall her having that as a costume, although Id idn't buy any of the dlc costumes so maybe that's why

they be showin pussy like that? ill buy it if you can see that in game like that

this but unironically

Fortnite

I don't see that costume in the wiki, either. I think it's modded. The texture/3d lightning might be modded as well since nothing looks that good in the screenshots.

>Usually not much content
>Some of the most anti-consumer practices in the industry lately
>Not a casual genre

same

The genre was meant to be a more local experience user. Online is inherently inferior to offline because of introduction of netplay lag. That being said we should be thankful to Mike Z, the GGAC+R rollback creators and more for helping push the genre in a more positive direction for netplay. Also thank the Cannon Brothers for fightcade.

fat fuck

Attached: 1623514185223.webm (320x400, 2.01M)

>this is a 10/10 to white women in america

>The genre was meant to be a more local experience
i dont give a fuck, there is 0 excuse for any game's dogshit online experience, and i'm not just talking netcode, i'm talking about shit like the average arcsys lobby
every mainstream genre gives you a giant fucking "Play" button and a list of names but Strive won't let you play until you waste a fucking hour through a god damn tutorial on how to use their dumbass lobby

Bring back DOA4 lobbies

Attached: R[1].jpg (1024x576, 170.7K)

That's mostly just Strive lobbies being poorly designed for ranked in general though. Most other games have simple menus for that (but the populations themselves are so empty you still have to wait a long time for games unless you hit up discord)

With the number of people bitching about shitty teammates in games like overwatch and mobas you would think this would be more popular.

>god yeah sex pussy cum cum cum oh my god rape erect cock jackoff go go go

Attached: yes.jpg (1068x601, 65.13K)

hummina hummina

imagine the _____

Attached: 2022-04-20 18_25_05-1650473146603.jpg (2872×2560) and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft_ Edge_waifu2x_photo_noise1_scale_tta_1.png (744x720, 360.84K)

Because they’re so limited. All you can do is the same type of match over and over, and it gets boring. At least shooters have different weapons and different game modes with various objectives.
Nice ass btw.

Three simple reasons:

1) The vast majority of people will not touch competative play in anything they buy.
2) Most people play games to relax, and don't care that much about getting good unless they really like the game.
3) Fightan is stuck in the mindset of terrible controls = skill. So, they require a specific form of autism to get into in the first place.

Don't know, but i want her in doaxvv !

People cry and quit when they lose at fighting games.

Venus Vacation doesn't get actual guest characters. Either they do ripoff characters like notKaede, or crossovers where the existing girls get her costume to wear. They could maybe give Kasumi and Momiji her outfit.

1vs1 never last long, simple as that.

That's the point. There is no one to blame in 1v1 game, you're on your own and nothing is tested except your own performance. Normalfag's unwarranted ego will not be able to handle that, so normalfag plays games where he can blame loss on others to keep his ego intact.

hngg

>"NOOOOOOO SOMEONE IMPREGNATED MY GF!"

Attached: mai-shiranui-andy-bogard.gif (498x287, 1.12M)

People always want that support/sacrificial lamb. They can't handle when they are the ones that fuck up.

Though I will say switching from 2v2/3v3 Starcraft to 1v1 was such an improvement.

why is mai so shitty and yellow

I can't find like any footage of these things existing.

>cuckfags so stupid they don't get the joke

>terrible controls
>6 buttons 1 stick
???

>big RTS brands are doing fine
>virtual chess is doing fine
>sports games are doing fine
FGs just suck. Find a new cope other than "muh team games".

And even then, there are other games with modes that are more than 2 players at a time and free for all, and those modes are well-populated. Not our fault FGtrannies picked a dead horse.

>>>big RTS brands are doing fine
?????????

All day everyday.

SC2 doesn't have official numbers released but the others aren't doing as horrifically badly as FGs, nor are the other genres I mentioned.

He's referring to all the stuff you have to do in fighting games with those inputs.

>lol
this is a lot more closed, and a lot more known but yeah good point. Not sure how fucking CHESS has 200k players online. Makes me wonder if the numbers are being fudged or if it's counting like a 1 move per day game as 'online'
>dudebro gacha
Fighting games don't suck though.

Because they're not that popular.

It's chess. People find it fun. External loggers wouldn't count concurrent players after they've already logged off, that makes no sense.
>Fighting games don't suck though.
They do, and no
>muh teams
coping is gonna change that

I was going off this.
Maybe it's because they're all concentrated here or something.
OGS has 143 live games and 24446 correspondence games which is much closer to the reality I would've imagined for chess too.

Attached: file.png (423x238, 18.13K)

They were in the 90s back when they were a good option for children with loose change. They spent too long trying to cater to the grown up version of those kids instead of keeping the spectrum of appeal they had amongst different skill levels, so their current attempts at being able to appeal to newcomers are terrible compared to the old days.

Take a look at the AT&T annihilator cup, to see why this genre will never be popular.

What mod is this? I want it for my ps5

Cause they have the worst fucking online infrastructure possible

Okay. Arcade racers, first person dungeon crawlers, 2D shmups and 2D character platformers were popular in the 90s as well, they're not now. What people enjoy changes over time.

Attached: SEX!!!.jpg (1280x720, 39.6K)

because they are super competitive, so they kind of require you come into the game equipped to be an asshole to everyone. fightcade is pretty cool tho.

competitive games require testosterone which is banned now

because fighting games are for... 'weirdos'
just look at the character you posted, it's a stigma attached to fighting games that anyone who plays them are just neckbeardss who spend all day cumming to their favorite fighting game characters

Is this DOA6? You know, if they'd just market it as a proper DOA game instead of going the whole "w-we cleaned up our image for you, gaijin san we are no longer horny, are you happy?" it might've done better despite the shitty DLC pricing.

It’s easier to blame teammates than themselves.

It’s why MOBAs replaced the RTS genre.

mods for doa6

You can get youtube footage recorded on a mobile phone camera but that's it
youtube.com/watch?v=wjaw3N_jwpg
youtube.com/watch?v=qCq7jHMayQg
Shame they just went back to a dull menu after this in 5, then to sweet fuck all in 6 at launch