Linux Gaming

What was your last game you have played on your bestest machine, the Linux machine?
Mine was pic related, finished it yesterday and it was nice.

Attached: 1621242084972.png (1920x1080, 652.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ulIG29H4rYE
extensions.gnome.org/extension/1160/dash-to-panel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>finally got a vulkan capable GPU
holy shit it changes everything. being able to use gamescope for misbehaving games is great. last game i played was FF2 PR.

Why do I get higher performance using Wayland? Nothing I do on Xorg can make it match, including turning off the compositor.

So when steam is processing vulkan shaders, are these you created while playing the game, or does steam have their own set you download from them playing the game? I don't really understand when these get created/downloaded

>Why do I get higher performance using Wayland?
I never tried Wayland because there is some stuff that doesn't work on Wayland and I would like to know too, or are you trolling?

Unlocked FPS with EAC active and no stuttering. Yeah I think we won...

Attached: 1650436746564.jpg (2560x1440, 2.23M)

you only on one monitor? I cant get gsync/freesync working with my dual monitor setup

nice, may I ask what your hardware is to make it look that good?

Yes, I'm sure you need to deal with wayland for that.

If I were trolling, I would just post a cherrypicked chart from Phoronix and summon the sisters of either Xorg or Wayland.

How? EAC works in proton?

figured, ah well

wayland sucks with my setup, it's either kde plasma wayland or nvidia with wayland, but i have a shit ton of visual artifacts in programs and kde itself so i just use xorg

lol good one. Nah was just curious because I never tried Wayland for games and heard bad stories. And since some of my stuff doesn't work that well with wayland I just assumed :/

>CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (24) @ 3.700GHz
>GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
I simply picked the more affordable/available option for my location.

>EAC works in proton?
for some games yes.
almost like my setup in the OP but "a little bit better" lol

I'm messing around with UE5. Shit is unstable as fuck on Linux and just loves to crash whenever you attempt to do absolutely anything.

i used to do a letsplay of Cube 2 with a crew of friends we called ourselves FOX NEWS GAMING
youtube.com/watch?v=ulIG29H4rYE

depends on the game, some allow it, like elden ring, it's up to the developers to flip the switch

You only need proton experimental and new prefix for the game. I've done plenty of coop and invasions and it works fine.

Breeze just doesn't work with Wayland on Nvidia.

sell me on gnome or any other de
im sick of plasma bugs crashes and hangs on reboots
i really like customization of plasma but the jank is too much at this point

Attached: 1645789877043.jpg (383x399, 15.54K)

Why would anyone on Linux buy an Nvidia GPU? It's such a shitshow compared to the Windows experience.

>you need an AMD GPU for linux not to be a shitshow
What a terrible OS

No one builds a PC thinking of Linux, at least not for gaymen.

??? I have a 2060Super and have no issues (though I will be choosing AMD next purchase since they're not shitters and their raw performance without meme tech is better)

i have 2060 and it just werks i dont know what you retards on about

extensions.gnome.org/extension/1160/dash-to-panel/

Try Wayland, dumbass. And even if it "just werks" the performance is inferior to Windows in almost everything.

>Slightly inferior performance
>But you don't have to use windows
Sounds like a good deal.

>no, you're using it properly, use it improperly like me so I can say it is shit!
Wayland fucking sucks, that's why. It will continue to be shit.

my 2080 works just fine under linux, retard

Sounds like user error. I have better performance across the board

I have modded Baldur's Gate 2 on Windows and transferred the files to Linux. However, when launching the game through the mod-added executable, the game complains that I haven't launched the game through that modded exe (and the mod doesn't work as a result). Any suggestions?

Attached: baldur.png (683x446, 22.6K)

reddit meme
the open source community doesn't like nvidia because they don't cooperate
the drivers are functional, unlike AMD's when I bought my 1070
>inb4 wayland
it's working well enough to be the default in fedora 36

Only the most demanding of games allowed ITT.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-04-20 15-03-19.png (1275x830, 37.74K)

Forgot to add that I tried adding the mod DLL as DLL override like in the pic.

Soul. CDDA and CoQ are based as fuck

>try bleeding edge tech
>upset that bleeding edge tech is broken
x11 exists and it works fine its not my fault you're a retard that wants to be a beta tester for wayland
>inferior performance
>rtx 2060
played and finished elden ring all max settings 60fps capped all the time basically
played some cyberpunk before elden ring - high preset 70-90fps overall
started witcher 3 now all max settings never below 70 fps goes up to 100 in some places
what more performance do i need?

Attached: 1646321239895.jpg (799x481, 157.07K)

Wayland with NVIDIA doesn't even support something as basic as Night Light.
No VRR either, which is the main reason to switch away from Xorg.

>x11 exists and it works fine
A display server that doesn't support VRR (or even basic vsync) with more than one monitor active isn't "working fine".

never played BG2, but it should work if the dll is in the same spot in the prefix as it would be in a Windows installation, dunno, wish I could help.

>Night Light
What the fuck is a night light? Is this a blue light filter? There are like 6 gorillion programs that do this, why do you need a GPU to do it for you

I ran in to some city and got chased around by zombies.
I found some apartment building and have been camping out in it for days, only sneaking out at night to raid other buildings.
I even have an RC car. Comfy hanging out on the roof reading books and playing with stuff.
Almost died to some sneaky zombie hunter fuck.
This run is also how I found out zombies can destroy buildings, I escaped a horde of them to some roof and they beat absolute fuck out of a building, roof collapsing in and shit. Fucking shit myself.

Have you tried using Bottles or Lutris?

>MUH HARDWARE ACCELERATIONRINO

>why do you need a GPU to do it for you
based retard

>turn off 2nd monitor when gaming because why the fuck do i need 2 monitors when gaming
once again a YOU problem

Attached: 1643650944647.gif (512x512, 1.02M)

>why the fuck do i need 2 monitors when gaming
nice cope

>game has linux reference
>only works on windows

my custom plasma actually looks very similar to default gnome, the main thing im worried about is krunner, does gnome have something similar to krunner?

Waiting for my thinkpad w520 to come in the mail. Thinking I'll put debian on it and get cozy on my couch with some caves of qud and other roguelikes maybe finally get to some of those crpgs in my backlog. There's a ton of shit in my backlog I've put off because I hate sitting at a desk and the ui doesn't scale right on a tv.

fuck yeah looking forward to finally doing a proper playthrough of cdda

>calls others retarded when he can't change the colors of his screen without a built in GPU feature to do it for him

tfw elden ring's EAC binary requires glibc 2.33

Attached: 1648466736789.png (744x741, 929.82K)

>built in GPU feature
based retard

>cope
i literally would turn off my 2nd monitor back on windows too because it was distracting and immersion breaking while gaming

sounds like autism tbqh

>I have ADD so others must suffer because of my dysfunctional brain

Attached: where do you think we are.png (644x644, 935.79K)

> dependency hell
Gotta love Linux. This crap will never change.

I used UE4 on Linux a few years ago. It's always been a piece of shit. Does it still have that memory leak where opening and closing windows crashes the editor?

It's annoying, but the perks of linux outweigh it for me, I still dual boot cus there's shit in Windows I still need.

That seems to be a custom DLL added by the mod. Nothing that comes with Windows.
I have only tried Proton with DLL overrides. Bottles itself starts with a blank screen and so I haven't tried it and Lutris doesn't even start the game.

Works on my machine (tm)

Attached: Screenshot_20220420_110146.png (898x267, 175.62K)

post your IgnorePkg list lads
vulkan-icd-loader - breaks obs, still not fixed for 3 weeks
new update broke bluetooth, still figuring it out what broke it, 150 packages left to check

Attached: 1646302541713.jpg (804x906, 75.24K)

Post hardware and linux distro, with kernel version (uname -r or get it from neofetch)

>#IgnorePkg =

bill was right all along

Attached: Screenshot at 2022-04-21 01-07-36.png (311x143, 48.29K)