Sonic Origins releasing June 23

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzHXjAJ86Zw

Attached: 7SnnA4Q.png (942x510, 587.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6kr93vpek4
origins.sonicthehedgehog.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=t8LjF9Lvgxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

y tho?

Because Im gonna buy it bitch boy!

So it's just a rom collection?

So is it taxmans port or not?

Why would they be? They clearly hate the guy.

this should have come out in 2012 or some shit

With widescreen and hd mods.

So a rom hack then? Meanwhile a fan made sonic HD:
youtube.com/watch?v=U6kr93vpek4

No 3d games? What's the point?

Capitalising on Sonic 2 movie I guess

Neat. I'll buy it.

Why no emulate

Widescreen. I only emulate to play romhacks.

DO YOU RIKE IT?

Attached: 1650460482402.jpg (2818x1352, 537.1K)

I wasn't going to buy it anyway.

Attached: sega.png (353x246, 32.84K)

>no physical release
>bunch of DLC you have to buy
Yup, they fucked up.

SEGA are the worst fucking company on the planet.

They couldn't even be bothered to add something fun like more playable characters?

Attached: 1501254576678.jpg (640x605, 41.57K)

Doesn't even look like proper widescreen if that's actual in game footage, you're better off using the existing hacks that are out there.

Attached: EvIQ9IxWgAAeGMn.png (1447x679, 26.66K)

>No playable Metal Sonic
>No GG/MS/Advance games

>Island Camera/Camera Control over the main menu islands
What is this? A background element? A hub?

Damn anons are actually falling for this
Too bad they still have some BS preorder bonuses for 25 year old games

Attached: file.png (1094x608, 697.37K)

I learned my lesson from Mania. Will wait for a physical release. I still haven't gotten the plus DLC and might not if I can just find Mania in a bargain bin or something in the coming years.

That will not piss off people at all. Unless you're a sonic drone that is.

I hope the next sonic game is trash.

How did they get Sonic 3 on this? i thought there were license issues with MJ

ISLAND

CAMERA

CONFIRMED

They want people to forget Advance, Rush etc existed, because they are a far cooler interpretation of 'modern' Sonic when compared to the current shit.

Either they were finally able to settle the issues there, or they're using the music that was in the prototype/PC versions of Sonic 3

what is it ?

They still haven't topped Rush and the DS games in terms of fast accelerating 2D Sonic.

Hidden Palace is here so looks like it is

The level design could get wonky but those games had so much fucking style it was unreal. In terms of visuals they felt like a natural evolution from the classics while fitting the trends of era

SEGA

>YOU WIRR PRAY DA SUPA GEIMU
>YOU WIRR BUY DA NFTS
>YOU WIRR BUY DA DLC PACKS FOR ROMS
>AND YOU WIRR. BE. HAPPY

Attached: segasonic2.0_cinema_720.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 90.83K)

That chart is real. It's on the official site.

origins.sonicthehedgehog.com/

Hmm. The menu select seems to imply 6 games - but that might just be Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as their own offerings.

Fuck me
I'm a big fan of these games but this is a bit ridiculous considering I've also bought them going all the way back to Gems/Mega Collection and then the Genesis Collection on Steam

Those might also just be for missions and options or whatever.

I think implies the "additional music tracks" are the MJ tracks and if you don't buy it you only get the stuff from the PC port. And if that's the case then I mean it's kinda cancerous but all things considered I can accept that concession. Everything else about this tiered structure is retarded. I'm still pre-ordering the digital deluxe version like the battered housewife I am though

One of the screens on the official website is fucking Spinball music so the "additional music tracks" is probably just stuff dumped from other Genesis games.

Kind of sad how they're blatantly trying to tap into the energy of Mania, even though they didn't keep any of the Mania guys around.
Might actually buy the games for the first time since Mega Collection though. Looks like they put sufficient effort in. I want to play as Knuckles in Sonic 1.

literally what

They've at least got Hesse on for the animations, and I still can't tell if these are taxman ports with extra bells and whistles or entirely new versions yet. Hopefully they don't completely assfuck the physics if it's the latter.

Don't care, still playing Sonic 3 AIR.

youtube.com/watch?v=t8LjF9Lvgxk

>$40 base game
>$45 digital deluxe
I wonder if the base price is so high to make people feel like they aren't getting fleeced so much by the deluxe version. That or it confirms these are new ports since I don't think even Sega's retarded enough to try and get away with selling a bunch of phone ports for that much.

What is it?

Attached: angry-asian-man-blank-template-imgflip-53585935_1_1.png (500x483, 276.38K)

If these are ports of the mobile versions they're vastly overpriced.

If these are new ports there's no way modern Sonic Team isn't going to fuck things up on par with Sonic 1 GBA.

Is gonna be a trashfire no matter what happens now.

The chart makes it look worse than it is, but the reality is if you pre-order now for 5 bucks more you get everything. I mean you're already paying 40 for roms, so you may as well.

The famitsu article linked here suggests that there's a "Story Mode" that links all 4 games into one campaign, so it might be that option.

If anything they're doing them a favor, there's a reason all the talent ends up jumping ship to better studios.

THE SAME FUCKING GAMES

AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Imagine paying for this lazy shit.

That'd be nice. Perhaps some of those new animations will play a part there if that's the case. Maybe even some new game-to-game transitions.

WOW multiple pre-order editions & dlc for fucking roms.

Fuck right off.

They've mentioned new game intro/outros, so I'd assume that means game transitions too to accomodate this game mode.
Personally, I hope they add act and zone transitions too, but that's probably wishful thinking.

It's ok when Nintendo does it.

The weird dlc for a collection is weird, but that aside this looks to be really good. Though, Sonic has always been the cream of the crop when it comes to collections. I wonder if chaotix/3d blast music being included in sound test (through dlc, ofc) means they were originally going to be remastered as well?
Good to hear headcannon helped with remastering sonic 3, it's as close to a taxman port as we'll ever get I guess.
And man, the cutscenes/animations. So glad they've evolved since the simple mania adventures to something a lot more pleasing to look at.

Attached: 1650461117997.png (2074x1167, 3.79M)

At least SEGA plan to keep selling this game, unlike Mario 3D All Stars.

I like how much play classic Amy is getting. There's so little official content of her.

It'll be based thankfully

Attached: bsb67f4spou81.jpg (750x1258, 104.25K)