Worth buying for the online features or nah?

worth buying for the online features or nah?

Attached: DragonsDogma.jpg (220x273, 25.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1r8q9-RRilk
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/122
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Worth buying regardless, but no you don't need the online features unless you get into the realm of helping other players for fun at end-game.

Worth buying cos it’s rad as fuck.
And this dude is right helping newbs out, or training their pawns is awesome fun.

it's worth buying for the game itself
pretty fun if you don't mind the fact that it's flawed in every way

Whatever you do, start as a Strider, 90% of people that started as fighter or sorcerer get filtered

Not worth buying at all. /ourguy/ Razorfist exposed this game as the trash it is 10 years ago. For some reason, shills on this board keep pretending Dragon's Shitma is great when it was one of the weaker titles of 2012.

youtube.com/watch?v=1r8q9-RRilk

I'm not a bow soicuck
It's all about the STRCHAD life for me.
and second playthrough sometime in the future as mage.

Not worth buying
>t. someone who brought it back in 2016 on Yea Forums's recommendation and has tried and failed to get into it on 3 separate playthroughs.

I defeated the griffin on my 3rd playthrough, then dropped it when I noticed I had to trek all the way to grand soren just to turn the quest in.

>/ourguy/ Razorfist
literally never heard of whoever that is

I got this game for about $5 on sale. If I was you and couldn't cough up five bucks, then I'd sell my gaming computer and get a new hobby.

>he didn't use ferrystones
LMAOing at ur life

why are the hybrid vocations much more fun than the starter and advanced vocations?
magick archer and mystic knights mogs any other class from any other rpg you coudl think of.

>when I noticed I had to trek all the way to grand soren

Attached: png-clipart-laughter-why-do-we-laugh-humour-joke-white-house-white-house-face-head.png (900x644, 123.91K)

mystic knight seemed so boring to me
I can already parry as a fighter, and hitting a floating ball doesn't seem too fun either

I pirated it, wanted the online features and bought it, then never really used those features. The problem is that pawns learn by copying you....which sucks when you want a partner who does something other than what you do.

>pawns learn by copying you
Not that much I think. It's more dependant on their inclinations, the actions they do by themselves and the orders you give them. You can also buy some potions at the encampment that change your pawn main affinitiy.

All of the things you mention are drawn from you. They get most of their inclination from what you do, and at best you can conflict with that using orders, at least if those orders drive them towards an inclination you want them to have. They also learn from hired pawns, which is basically the same problem with less magnitude unless you want to hire pawns who are exactly what you want your pawn to be, as opposed to a rounding out of the party's skills. Trying to diversify is a Sisyphean task.

I'm a fighter... Guess that's why my mage keeps getting the Scather affinity rather than the Utilitarian one.

If you really want a great pawn, you have to be what you want it to be. Then you have the problem of keeping it that way when you switch to playing what you actually wanted to play in the first place. Other peoples' pawns are much less hassle, but even then I ended up just playing a solo assassin.

thanks for mentioning that, now I'll check for mods that fix that.

>exposed
Only thing exposed here is your mutual shit taste lmao

Attached: smug_ancestor.jpg (466x420, 95.28K)

You were fooled by Yea Forums the game is shit and I will explain why:

>No indication of where roads lead
>No hint to what enemies are weak to
>No hint of when enemies are alone or in groups
>No warning to avoid status effects
>No clue to which items are masterworks

I don't know how people defend this game.

No game is worth buying but many are worth the bandwidth

Attached: 1632668473484.png (1392x1563, 1.42M)

Bros how the fuck do I fight eliminators? I beat the big evil eye no problem, but barely do any damage to those bull fucks.

I found this nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/122 but I have no idea what it means.

Torpor and Ice spells.

>Ice spells
Will go with this. Thanks bro.

>NOOO AN OPEN WORLD RPG MUST HAVE QUEST MARKERS COMPAS DIRECRIONS MAP WITH OBJECTIVE ARROWS ITEM HIGHLIGHTING AND EXPLONATION TOOLTIPS FOR EVERYTHING HOLDING MY HAND UP TO THE END GAME LIKE HECKING GOTY SKYRIMINO
I never played Dragon's Dogma, but it seems like you, my r*ddit friend, just got filtered.

DDON was hands down superior in every regard. I don't know what the current state of the server emulator is like right now, but if it's feature complete it'd be the better option.

the joke just flew above your head, my retard fren

He did nothing wrong

Attached: EDMUN_DRAGONSBANE.png (360x360, 182.59K)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW they won't let me play on hard.

t. Duke Edmund Dragons"""bane"""
Pathetic coward.

Fighter as an awesome class but most people don't really appreciate it until they have a lot of hours in the game already. If you start as a fighter, know that you have to train a passive skill to be able to perfect block, and from that point on your class is online.

Hi Razor, how's it feel being so irrelevant now that the majority of newfags from the past 5 years don't even know who you are

>he never holy countered a dragon

I'm in. picked hard, I only died once in the tutorial before the manticore so I'll persevere.

Attached: me.jpg (1920x1080, 429.47K)

Playing Elden ring made me want to Replay this

Welp time to reroll a new character and glitch through the doors on biterblack isle again for early end game gear

You don't need the passive to block perfectly, it just makes it MUCH easier.
Or is it a core skill?

This is why you should actually play this game in question before sperging out like a retard about it, user. Get the fuck out

Striders are more about daggers and flipping around like a ninja than the dedicated bowfag class which is Ranger. Bows are just a backup weapon for nailing annoying flying enemies which you will pretty much be reliant on your pawns to take care of as a STRfag. Also warrior is by far the worst class in the game.

Attached: Strider.png (746x902, 463.91K)

is the game actually harder on hard mode? heard it gives lots of xp and gold bonuses

Hard mode is a fucking meme just for the increased stamina drain. Have fun with that shit.

damage received is higher so you need to be more careful. Using your tools such as periapts helps.

Why is a warrior bad? I'm only about 20 hours in, but it's been fun playing a warrior so far. I'll switch now if I have to before I screw myself though.

Early on ya

Then you realize how broken the game is and carry around 30 resurrection stones running around like a glass canon

Why has no other game done a magic archer style again? I fucking love that gameplay

I played it on switch. My pawn gained me 200000 rc

It's one of those games cheap enough and good enough that it's always worth having on the library for a playthrough

Dragon's Dogma 2 reveal soon
How are we feeling bros?

Attached: Dragon's Dogma Deliverance.gif (512x342, 66.67K)

But user, strider is the best vocation.

They're slow, their overall damage output is probably the worst in the game maybe even below the support mage, their stat growths are kinda bad, they're probably the most limited in terms of enemies they just have no options for, their tanking is shit compared to fighters, they just have absolutely nothing they excel at. They're supposed to be the slow, hard-hitting class but they don't hit that hard. Play fighter or a sword assassin if you must have the STR experience.

*ruins your game*

Attached: Screenshot_20220420-182038_Chrome.jpg (718x187, 51.71K)

just stop being autistic or install a stat growth mod to cheat them. Ignore the NOOOOOOOOOO YOU MUST PLAY 200 LEVELS OF ASSASSIN AND SORCERER OR YOUR BUILD IS SHIIIIIIIIIT glass cannon retards, stamina and having balanced defenses is more important anyway.

>most fun classes have worst growths
Nothing like waiting till lvl200 till you can actually play the game

You won't screw yourself over, you can always just switch if you feel like it. It's "bad" in that it is rather limited compared to the other vocations. That said, some people really enjoy it. If you're having fun with it then there's no reason why you would need to switch.

Imagine being this much of an npc
>I cannot enjoy the game because someone told me not to

none of that actually matters, just ignore it, play the game and have fun
thank fuck there's no PvP otherwise it'd be right next to soulsfaggotry in terms of how annoying everyone is about stats

>incredibly robust chargen
>picks Guts preset
I hope you're going to play Warrior, at the very least.

Am I the only one that plays without the button prompts? Shits ugly

Nothing can ruin your game in the game where you're allowed to stack 4 periapts for any somewhat challenging encounter.