Where does the “second half is LE BAD” meme come from?

Where does the “second half is LE BAD” meme come from?

Haligtree + Farum Azula are fine and the final boss rush peak kino.

Attached: 2635589B-2034-4299-9176-C077DC1EAB38.jpg (640x424, 116.98K)

I've only heard "it goes to shit after Leyndell" and I kind of admit as far as the beginning of Consecrated Snow Fields are concerned, still I have high hopes

Discordfags ran out of complaints so they went back to the Dark Souls standard in the hope people won't play far enough to call them out.

Haligtree a best dungeon besides Leyndell, and all the endgame bosses are awesome, especially Radagon.

The snow areas do suck, and by Leyendell you've seen all the normal enemies.

Don't even know why people like leyndell, it's shit. Anyways Stormveil castle was the peak. Nothing ever topped it so you can say it's all downhill after that

It does go to shit after Leyendell
Malenia is a shit boss
Fire Giant is a boring boss
Godskin Duo is a bullshit boss
Malekith is an annoying boss
Godfrey is nice
Radagon is nice
Elden Beast is terrible.

From brainless not leveling up vigor. Those area become one shot k.o. galore if you don't level up it.

Troon discord making stuff up. We've been telling you who was responsible from day 1.

enemy variety and exploration goes down the shitter. You have a new zone with like, 2 new enemy types. You have enemies unique to one zone just casually appearing there again for no reason. Dungeons are still the same tilesets, etc.
Sure the bosses are kinda cool but Souls games are about exploration and level design with bosses to top them off, turning into a boss rush is just obnoxious because the combat really isn't that great

I like Fire Giant but otherwise I agree

Haligtree and Farum Azula have cool concepts and interesting layouts. But Haligtree especially has really awful enemy placement, it's just a bunch of shit we've already seen multiple times before in other areas, only they have more health. And I liked Godskin Noble/Apostle the first time but by the Farum Azula encounter it's another one of those "not this shit again" feelings

Most enemies gain new moves of some kind

A discord of men without penises. They're ultimate goal is to molest children, I have no idea how video games or lying about them comes into the equation.

Please provide an example

because it also just very conveniently happens to be right when the game finally gets challenging and in line with the difficulty of other souls games.

Beastmen.

>Dungeons are still the same tilesets
NOOOOOOOOOO DUNGEONS ARE USING THE SAME TEXTURES!!!!! MY IMMERSION IS RUINED!!

Not necessarily the point you're trying to make but I got frustrated after facing two Runebears, a trio of spectral Dragonkin Soldiers, a Red Wolf and then a named Wyrm within like 20 minutes, all of them with a fuckton of HP, all of them I already know how to fight and defeat, it's just that it feels uninspired, feels like a chore, and it's not difficult, it's just more punishing

Beastmen in Farum Azula use magic and generally fight completely different
Giants in the snow areas have either madness or new melee moves
Each Leyndell knight fights a bit differently
Each Erdtree avatar and Ulcerated Tree Spirit has its own gimmick

Godfreys first phase seems to be recycled, but is actually a completely different fight

Leyndell>Haligtree>Stormveil

No, right there. Fuck the entire Haligtree.

>The final part of the game is fighting 5 bosses one after the other

>Each Erdtree avatar and Ulcerated Tree Spirit has its own gimmick
? There's a regular avatar and a rotten avatar, same with Tree Spirits, the only outliers being the one in War Dead Catacombs (because he's way stronger), the one in Lake of Rot (because of environmental hazard) and arguably the one in Mt. Gelmir (because of how much space you have)
I did ask for "an" example, but I don't really see how that's "most enemies". To clarify: I asked because I hadn't noticed anything different after reaching and exploring a third of the snow areas so it's not like I don't agree in general

>Each Erdtree avatar and Ulcerated Tree Spirit has its own gimmick
that's a lie, you'll fight each gimmick at least 5 times

It's not about difficulty or the challenge, it's just not as fun. And obviously most From games have this issue to some extent, but I think ER might suffer from it the worst. By the time I got to Burnt Capital I was no longer interested in the story, I pretty much knew what ending I was gonna get, and I just wanted to get on with it. So the final boss rush was boring as shit for me because the combat just isn't that fun in this game.

Oh wait, there was also an avatar that was TWO! avatars

You simply don't know what you are talking about.
There aren't 5 tree avatars that split into 2 at half health. There is 1 (sometimes 2).

I feel like your mentality exploring that area is completely backwards. For me it's you arrive in this area with a snow storm limiting visibility with the goal of finding the path to the Haligtree. I see a big swarm of ghost Dragonkin and I think these guys are terrifying I need to avoid them not well I need to defeat every single one. You don't get anything for defeating any of those enemies, why are you clearing them out?

>by the time the story was over I wasn't interested in the story
Ya don't say!
I also thought the mystery of the Old One was gone while standing in front of it in Demon's Souls.

that counts as 2 tree avatars and they're exactly the same as every other tree avatar

the
>but how about 2 of these enemies?
meme is not a gimmick, they just ran out of time/money/ideas

Is that why you transitioned? Ran out of time/money/ideas?

based

To be honest, I didn't, and while you're right about my mentality being incorrect, it did make me feel like I'm just skipping an unpleasant area instead of take it all in, which I really did try to at first because the snowstorm really is fantastic and tense. Then it turned out there's a ton of enemies I've already encountered and nothing new and unknown I should be scared of so I just tried to locate items and POIs and then move on.

>Oh no, fighting cool unique adversaries on the way to the main goal of the game how awful.

Haligtree is so mean

Haligtree is one of the worst zones in the game, peak copy-pasted garbage that fit perfectly as an optional area in a DS2 DLC

>oh fuck he's right, better spout my epic Yea Forums troon memes
you need to have hair on your balls to post here, underage autist

It's not over though, because you have to fight four different bosses first

Elden beast got fixed
Godskin duo is either horrible or actually fun, regarding on RNG

1st play through 1st half is best

2nd play through 2nd half is best

I don’t know why but I really feel that’s the case

You were running into Albinauric women on wolfback before mountaintops of the giants?
I could only find Latenna and she was an ally not an enemy.

Not only copypaste, but buffed enemies that will two/three-shot you at 40 Vigor.

It’s the most difficult area in the game, you’re supposed to have 60 vigor

I mean, fine, there's one, but then you have:
Nobles
Wolves
Red Wolf
Trolls
Pages
Kaidan Warriors
Dragonkin Soldiers
Orbs
Runebears
Bears
And that's only the snowstorm area. I'm still optimistic and I'm seeing this as just a hiccup I can get over, just like I got over reused enemies before.

Beastmen start using incantations and buffing their weapons
Beastmen Skeletons breathe fire
Original Troll warriors will dodge and use different incentives in battle
Leyndell soldiers will turn themselves into bombs
Leyndell knights use sorceries and incantations and can heal themselves
Bloody Aubenerics can use spells now, turn into pincushion, can summon creaking skull

I mean technically they're new enemy types but you want to hear that even less

Just people trying to shoehorn in the same meme from DaS1. It really doesn't make any sense. Farum Azula, Haligtree/Elphael, and Mohgwyn are all good dungeons. Giant's Mountaintop is a perfectly good open-world area that I actually preferred to those from the early game that are too big/open for their own good. The only sticking point is Consecrated Snowfield, and even that is simply "meh" rather than outright bad.
And even if ignored all that, those locations aren't "half" the game. They're like 20% at most.

The only minor complaint I have with the ending is the pacing of the finale, where it's a boss rush with essentially zero cool-down between Maliketh/Godfrey/Radagon/Elden Beast.

There is not even a new area to space them out nigger the pacing is shit, the only other game that kinda of does that is bloodborne where you fight 3 bosses in a row but even then the Moon Presence is a secret boss and more like a victory lap cause of how easy it is, here you fight malekith>gideon>godfrey>radagon>elden ring in a vrey linear boring fashion

Try deleting discord, you'll end up with a different perspective on a lot of topics.

Haligtree is awesome, peak level design with multiple paths and great enemy variety and strategic use of enemies. Also one of the best bosses in the franchise in the end

>all the characters explained in the lore that would try to stop you all try to stop you
>you kill them all
>this is boring somehow

The problem with Post-Leyndell is that the context for how powerful shit is falls apart. There's land octopuses in Consecrated Snowfield that have twice the health of Morgott, or the Great Wyrm that straight up has more health than Elden Beast and does over 1500 damage a swing.

Attached: great_wyrm_damage.jpg (1920x1080, 585.34K)

That last church room with all the prawns even has 4 ways in so it won't be that bad on you. Its a great place.

After beating Elden Ring with dual greatswords I realized that 90% of Yea Forums posters are shit at videogames

>Crucible Knights are hard
Nope
>Godsking Duo is hard
Nope
>Malenia is impossible
Nope

Git gud

And you forgot to mention that both these octopuses and the magma wyrm are hostile to each other and placed in a way specifically that they'll end up drawing each others aggro. You barely even need to do anything to defeat Theo.

magma wyrm fights are still fucking cancer though as melee-only

Yura warned you bro.
I still think its catfishing and the most obtuse game of pretend yet designed.

The snow area is only half of what is show nin the map its full of mountains, was expecting that we would go underground there

Yeah, that's the cunt, I got him to like 10% of health being frustrated at how he keeps doing the faux-Midir "walk really far away and turn around" attack that's just downtime and then he killed me in one hit (58VIG, at around 80% HP) and I just gave up and cheesed him with a bow from the ledge above because somehow they didn't notice? you can do that without any issues

I don't get it either.
The snow areas especially seem to have gotten tons of hate, but now that I just arrived at the Mountaintop of the Giants, it's simply amazing.
The whole area is one big 3D puzzle.

It's all been a massive paid hate campaign, there's no other explanation.

Yeah bro, so great level design, can't wait to fight the 5th copypasted revenant, oh dude, if oyu go to this corner you can fight 3 copypasted Crystarians, but dude, if you go this way you can fight your 7th Ulcerated Tree Spirit, but hear me out, NOW IT'S IN A SMALL ROT LAKE, Miyazaki, you are a genius

>5th copypasted revenant
What do you mean copypasted?

Shazamposting stops when the discord is pre-occupied.

Nigga it's the end of the goddam game. You just cleared the final dungeon and all that's left is to take the throne in the nuked capital. Everyone whose still standing is gathering at the finish line.

Gideon isn't even a real boss, he's there for context and lore, and Radagon->Elden Beast is one fight with two forms, Elden Beast is literally the parasite up his ass and swings him around like a sword.

>I still think its catfishing and the most obtuse game of pretend yet designed.
What did you mean by this

I feel like you didn't discover it yourself and just found it on Youtube, those octopi are nowhere near the wyrm that still assumes you don't clear them out before reaching him, which I did because I assumed they might aggro to me and not to him
Still, that's pretty cool, too bad it's the same fucking boss I've already defeated four times which is the point

Google it if you don't know the meaning of a word

Those land squirts have disproportionate health from the very beginning.
What are you even crying about.

Because Giants Mountaintop and Consecrated Snowfield are both kind of shit.
Farum Azula is great, I agree though.

Are you talking about the fact that there are more than one of them in the game?

>why would a group that peddles exclusively in gaslighting continue to gaslight?
Really dawg?

Last two times I fought him I sat on a ledge while the 3 Octos and the Crab torn open his asshole, but it's been nerfed, maybe unintentionally, but the magma wyrm chain-poise breaks every other enemy now. They can tank him a bit, but they won't really do any damage anymore and they can't get a heal off.

>anyone who realized something I didn't must have gotten it off youtube
get off it, dude. No, I road toward down the ravine, the octopuses followed me, and obviously I needed to back away when I encountered Theo to avoid the magma vomit, so it only took a second or two for them to aggro each other. It's not some obtuse trick, it's intended.

>Giants Mountaintop and Consecrated Snowfield are both kind of shit.
Fuck off, Mountaintop is amazing.
It's basically one huge dungeon that you have to puzzle through.

I choose to believe you because it actually makes this lame encounter interesting

How did you feel about the fact there were multiple Tarnished?
I liked it but I can see someone seeing it as a lazy copypaste job.

Read words.

I just want it to end

>Play doom
>Fight the Mancubus for the 999th time

Wooooow fucking hell I can't believe they used this same enemy again fucking garbage game

You're not making any sense.
What's wrong with some obviously tanky creature having more health than a lanky humanoid boss?

Based retard

How dumb are they that Yea Forums can dismantle their shitposts in record time?

How is giants mountaintop shit? I liked areas like it and Mt. Gelmir where it's part of the "open world" but it's scaled down to smaller pathways that are more easily mapped out and basically serves as another type of dungeon gauntlet. It just gets tiring when every part of the map is as big and open as Liurnia and there's no way to actually explore it efficiently so you have to comb back and forth across the entire area if you want to make sure you didn't miss anything major.

nah, with giants mountain it's small enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome

But he's right.

Cut off your penis because you are really a female in a male's body dumb. That kind of dumb.

He's right though.

its just more of the same at altus plateau, and none of the bosses have interesting mechanics compared to previous titles
>demons souls
>tower knight
>adds posted on high ground
>have to circumvent the giant shield

>armored spider
>long corridor where the spider has advantage

>fools idol
>have to thoroughly explore the previous area to weaken her

elden ring simply doesnt have this, its all
>flashy moves
>long combos
>grabs that doesnt work properly (still)
it drags

You get it, they are outdoor dungeons. I can't see how anyone could see the pathway to the grown fallingstar beast as anything but an outdoor dungeon a la zelda.

He's not

>There are 3 paths to the end of Elpheal's outer wall (which interconnect at various points throughout the level). The riskiest one also allows you to bypass the big encounter at the end with all the forces defending the path into the drainage canal.

It's such a cool level

Yes after the 6th time it stops being interesting, especially knowing the bosses are also gonna be recycled. The base gameplay just isn't good enough to make boring places fun to explore.

He is.
People didn't turn mario bros off after seeing a second goomba.

I always took that route too. Even hitting the grace point and turning around to fight the tree spirit and knights makes me nervous.

Both snow areas are flaming garbage. Haligtree is cool as an area but the mob recycling feels ridiculous. Farum Azula is top tier though, I fully agree.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it in Genshin or something where its the same thing but its all cutesy and shit.
Go play something you enjoy.

Except of course he is.
See pic.
At higher difficulty settings, you encounter him nearly 100 times in every game the Mancubi appears in.

Attached: file.png (441x237, 9.12K)

>6th time it stops being interesting
Dude, if a game is interesting for 5 playthroughs, it’s fantastic

Why don't the 20k health land octopuses just massacre everything south of Leyndell? Why are the Alburnics in Ordina capable of firing homing arrows from 3 miles away that do more DPS than Crucible Knights and have 8000 health, am I supposed to believe that these people needed saving? How is there two Rotten Duelists that could probably 1v1 most of the Shardbearers in the game?

Old games tended to ramp up the difficulty because you were running into increasingly powerful opponents. ER just jacks up everything's health and damage in spite of context and lore.

He isn't

>plutonia is worse at easy settings than everything else on nightmare
Based casalis

>Why don't the 20k health land octopuses just massacre everything south of Leyndell?
Because they can barely move, also they're mollusks.

Fucking hell, the second half of this game is just asset reuse central.

Now Dark Souls, that's a real masterpiece. Duke's Archive is what real level design is like and you won't find a single reused enemy in the whole stage.

>Elden beast got fixed
Has it stopped running away every 2 seconds? Also has RNG been fixed so it can't randomly cast the light orb cancer, the volley of laser beams and the sword slash beam all at once?