Relive the classic collected adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles...

>Relive the classic collected adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic CD in the newly remastered Sonic Origins! From the iconic Green Hill Zone to the treacherous Death Egg Robot, you'll speed down memory lane to thwart the sinister plans of Doctor Robotnik in polished high definition! This latest version includes new areas to explore, additional animations, and a brand new Anniversary mode!

>Classic Re-Defined
Explore the classic Sonic titles in high-resolution, with all-new opening and ending animations for each title!

>New Unlockables
Complete various missions to collect coins to unlock new content, challenges, and Special Stages through the Museum.

>Classic and Anniversary Mode
Choose to Spin Dash your way through the numerous zones in Classic mode with the game's original resolution and limited lives, or the new Anniversary mode with unlimited lives and revamped fullscreen resolution.

New areas and animations? Interesting.

Attached: FQxqTxOUcAEdcKY.jpg (700x601, 106.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Rubberduckycooly/Sonic-1-2-2013-Decompilation
github.com/sonicretro/skdisasm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How hard will they fuck it up

>We are going to delay our buggy shitfest open world game for another year, so buy the same old shit again from us for the 17th time in a row please, also stop asking us to actualy make content for PSO2NG, you will buy the gacha white piggu

not mrania teamu, not bruyin geimu

>New areas?
Most likely Hidden Palace Zone and the extra Special Stages from Whitehead Remakes

>classics remastered with an "Anniversary Mode"
>other mainline game teased as an open-world
is this 2006 again ?

Surely this is getting a trailer today, Sega is late to revealing their own game

I simply cannot play these games any longer. I have played them umpteen times since I was a kid in the early 90's. Fucking sick to death of them being re-released. Start making Sonic Mania 2.

Super sonic is a garbage reward for suffering through 7 special stages and then the ending pic is just super sonic instead of regular sonic

>in Classic mode with the game's original resolution and limited lives, or the new Anniversary mode with unlimited lives and revamped fullscreen resolution.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, you have to choose between widescreen mode and actually having lives? Surely Sega isn't that retarded and wouldn't fuck up the entire collection over a lack of a simple option, right? right....????

Attached: 1623785901104.png (500x500, 163.68K)

I don't understand the appeal of Sonic at all
it seems like you're always flying or jumping over the majority of the stage and never have to actually engage with it
50% of the stage if not more seems to always be skipped, due to alternate routes and what I said above
am I missing something here or is it just like that?

Attached: 65765.jpg (225x225, 6.44K)

The point is mastering them to beat them as fast as possible or to get the chaos emerlads as soon as possible which does require some degree of exploring

Gotta go fast faggot

how long are they gonna relieve past glory? either make good new games or just retire the franchise. can't tell you how many times i've played a version of green hill zone over the past 30 years.

Why does it matter?
You basically never get a Game Over

No Chaotix?

not canon

When the fuck is it coming out?

I wish they would have added the Advanced trilogy into the remaster. Those were some good 2d games.

Attached: decwb7w-336d6a1d-2232-4d1a-9b01-174696297969.jpg (2880x1550, 694.82K)

You could say the same exact thing about Super Mario World with its cape. In fact that applies even more. You people that don't "get" Sonic are bona fide retards considering they're just normal platformers. It's like saying "I don't het Mega Man".

Should I buy the old games before Sega inevitably takes them down?

I wasn't talking about SMW though, I was talking about Sonic games. I'm trying to understand it better because it bugs me but the games look fun

are there bonuses or something for beating stages as fast as possible?

What storefront is this? Looks like Epic Games Store.
Can you please provide a link so we won't call you a faggot?

>am I missing something here or is it just like that?
Why not just play it and find out? I played Sonic 1 and 2 for the first time ever a few years ago and now they're some of my favorite games.
>50% of the stage if not more seems to always be skipped, due to alternate routes
Avoiding the babby route (bottom path) is a reward for being good enough to stay on the pro-gramer route (top path).
Plus these are short games, the idea is that kids would replay them so you can explore and see new things each time if you want.
Or you can git gud and find the fastest path.

>implying
Sega has three versions of Sonic 1 and 2 on Switch right now.
>SEGA AGES
>SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis Collection
>Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack
Also, Sega has three versions of Sonic 1 on PS3, including:
>standalone release
>Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
>Sonic Generations unlockable

For most Sonic fans who have played the games over and over yes, but people who aren't very familiar with the classics will probably Game Over quite a few times, especially with the Sonic 2 final boss. Removing lives also makes collecting more than 50 rings and continues/life monitors absolutely pointless. The games are designed around lives.

>are there bonuses or something for beating stages as fast as possible?
No, just a higher score and bragging rights. The creator wanted a game like the original super mario bros that feels satisying to keep replaying and master

I'm not a console gamer.

hee hee blue guy go fast :)

GBA games are coming to Switch soon so they at least have a chance on there

>Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Not happening.

What I'm trying to say is that Sega is okay with having multiple versions of Sonic 1 and 2 in circulation, even in console.

when did the death egg robot become iconic?

"Explore the classic Sonic titles in high-resolution, with all-new opening and ending animations for each title!"

Did

did they reanimate the Sonic CD opening.

it has been for a while.
>appears in Generations
>appears in Mania
>appears in Forces
>appears in second movie
it's been shilled everywhere for some reason, not sure why, but i'm not complaining. just hoping he doesn't become the green hill of sonic enemies

Chaotix is so crap it would honestly lower the value of the game just by virtue of its presence.

you forgot sonic 4

Retard

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is just another release of those Christian White Retro Engine ports for Sonic CD, 1 and 2 with 3&K newly ported as well.

Attached: 1649618754521.gif (521x421, 3.82M)

He didn't forget, but he wish he did

>Generations
Tribute game, doesnt really count
>Forces
It’s not even in Forces
>Mania
This is the first time it was truly shoehorned into anything
>Sonic 4
The whole game is a ripoff of Sonic 1 and 2 so doesn’t really count
>Movie
Makes sense for it to be there, and it’s a mix of the S&K robot too

>Sonic 3 & Knuckles
did they managed to get the songs out of copyright limbo or did they record new shit?

This is the closest SEGA will come to admitting out loud that they fucked up by letting their insecurity prevent a Mania 2 from being made.

Hopefully, they went back to Toei's original animation negatives and rescanned them in 4K.
The FMVs in the mobile version look terribly DNR'd and smeared, not to mention low-resolution.
Just make sure they don't get cropped to 16:9. I would prefer them in open matte 4:3.

These are ports made by Sonic Team themselves. Make of that what you will.

>It’s not even in Forces

It's not a boss fight, but it's there.
Also the final boss is called a Mega Death Egg Robot even though it looks nothing like it.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 232.05K)

>it seems like you're always flying or jumping over the majority of the stage and never have to actually engage with it
Nigga just play first 3 games, they aren't like this at all

Well the teaser had retro engine footage for Sonic 1/2/CD, but maybe that was just concept stuff.

also

Attached: latest[1].png (1280x720, 1.5M)

The teaser only showed S&K in 4:3 despite widescreen being a major selling point, so obviously when it was made they had nothing actually done and were just using from the Retro Engine/emulators.
I want this to be good but there are too many red flags so far.

>Sonic Generations had Sonic 1 in glorious HD
>Sonic 1 & 2 are in 3D for 3DS
>Sonic 1, 2, 3, &Kuckles and CD are on Xbox bazaar in pretty decent convertions
>Plus the emulation on computer
No thanks, I have enough that is enough a regular update, the closest old thing itself and that had something new.

Attached: 1650236901894.jpg (470x549, 31.09K)

it looks like someone else, almost like there was an entire major chunk of the game that got yanked out and retooled late into development...

Attached: Revenge_of_lyric_render_by_nibroc_rock_dde2ioy-pre.png (894x894, 726.67K)

>in-game purchases optional
Uh...

Tails > Knuckles
>bbut my nigger cod...
SEETHE DILATE YOU WILL NEVER BE A NIGGER

there's too many similarities...(Boom was also heavy on the grapple beam, just like the Avatar's grapple rope and energy whip...)

Attached: megadeatheggrobot.jpg (1280x720, 236.98K)

Unless it's bringing the Taxman ports of 1&2 and something akin to S3AIR I'll pass.

>mfw got filtered hard by Sonic 2's final boss

Attached: 1649311935571.jpg (1920x1080, 87.15K)

Yeah but on the other hand Classic Sonic feels even more shoehorned, and half of the game is about infinite's relationship with the Avatar, which wouldn't work with Boom Sonic

github.com/Rubberduckycooly/Sonic-1-2-2013-Decompilation

github.com/sonicretro/skdisasm

Fixed it for you.

Based.
Tails is:
>cute
>adorable
>precious
>huggable
>loveable
>relatable
>mostly badass

It's literally the Gens DER with a different head.

Attached: 624051fef129f[1].jpg (1600x1200, 261.22K)

>new areas to explore
Are they adding new stages other than Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2?

a lot changed user, i don't remember where i read that (but i know it can be found somewhere) but at first Infinite was going to be what tied Mania & Forces together instead of the phantom ruby. even just that seemingly small change probably caused a lot of changes. wouldn't be surprised if they rewrote a lot

>I don't understand the appeal of Sonic at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Mario at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Crash at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Rayman at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Spyro at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Kirby at all
>I don't understand the appeal of DK at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Pacman at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Mega Man at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Metroid at all
>I don't understand the appeal of Castlevania at all