The undisputed king of rpgs

the undisputed king of rpgs

Attached: jpg.jpg (187x270, 12.64K)

available only on Xbox series consoles, btw

Old/nostalgia doesn't = good.

no one said anything of the sort, it's just objectively the best when you weigh all competition, the features, gameplay,

The only people who hate Morrowind are retards who can't read or retards who are color blind and never learned what a stamina bar is.

holy based

Attached: 1623468298296.png (217x233, 9.56K)

you swing a sword and it goes through a guy and does no damage. bad game design

git gud

i like it but its not that great objectively

I agree Gothic is goat, wtf is that piece of shit in your pic tho

Morrowind gets a pass on so many flaws that would make Yea Forums rage if they appeared in other games. It's Bethesda jank, inert, limp and less immersive than the two subsequent games. Jeremy Soule carries the whole thing, because his soundtrack still stirs up wistful nostalgia in Morrowind fans today. The effect of the music is so potent that it blinds them to the - let's face it, very dated - game before their eyes.

No endgame content. It' shit.

The undisputed king of fps.

Attached: snes_doom_p_imksuv.jpg (640x470, 58.84K)

>The effect of the music is so potent that it blinds them to the - let's face it, very dated - game before their eyes.
the power of music to improve a game is incredible and i will never stop seething that composing music is the one thing i can't get my head around.

>less immersive than the two subsequent games
finding Oblivion immersive is proof of brain damage

available only on snes consoles, btw

Nah, it's pretty bad. Making your gameplay based on action (click to hit guy with sword) then have it miss like this guy says because you're still applying hard RPG mechanics is pretty fucking stupid. Stick to one thing or the other. As it is, its gameplay is lost somewhere in the middle.
Writing and all is great which is why Morroblivion is better than Morrowind, because the core mechanics are superior. And Skywind will be even better when it comes out, in 2030 or so.

skill issue

>i'm an idiot!!!
yes we understand after reading all your cope

learn how to build a character with a decent weapon skill and go into fights with full fatigue haha. early game it can be annoying, but after a few hours you'll be hitting more than missing (even with no fatigue) and by level 15-20 you shouldn't really miss

>Stick to one thing or the other.
is pretty fucking stupid. why make the game less active and animated, fuck you

>retards who can't read
Plenty of those around

When will Bethesdatards get some taste?

Attached: EGS_PathfinderKingmakerEnhancedPlusEdition_OwlcatGames_S1_2560x1440-c4bf090dc58356921f9cfc3506ac020f.jfif.jpg (2560x1440, 836.79K)

yes

To this day I have no clue why clicking and sometimes missing is this massive deal for so many of you people. I understand the combat isn't good but I didn't think it was particularly bad either. It's more just simple and repetitive than anything, which I think is a fair criticism.
If you're struggling just chug/brew some fortify potions or use some scrolls or just skip the mob entirely and come back later when you're geared and levelled up. For years I thought that core progression from a nobody to an actual God was basically the point of the game.

Attached: 1587213704582.gif (500x418, 956.8K)

>Pathfinder being the best RPG
Are you just gonna ignore the house at the end of time and those last two acts?

I've beaten the game twice (not counting Morroblivion), once as a warrior and once as a mage because I had heard it was much better, which it is but I don't really like playing mages. The warrior was extremely boring and annoying, even after I stacked points to long swords and all. Action-wise, it's not a good game and it doesn't have to anything to do with not knowing how to build a character, any CRPG is much more complicated than Morrowind. Like I said, its problem is that it's somewhere in the middle so it doesn't shine as an action game nor as an actual RPG. Writing of both the main story and the side quests, the whole worldbuilding, the music, that's all great but the gameplay is shit if you don't play a mage, and in a game the gameplay is the most essential part.

I'd take misses over Oblivion's wiffle bat combat system with every enemy taking 35 minutes to kill any day.

these faggots get filtered by roguelikes too, they're simply retarded

why do you guys just pretend not to understand what we write? the sword goes through the guy and does no damage. it looks stupid. its the opposite of immersion. it doesnt even have to do with game mechanics

>not gothic 2 notr
Plebian

I’m not sticking around and I’m not the guy you replied to, but I just wanted to tell you you’re retarded. Don’t bother replying thx

>it looks stupid
Uh, counterpoint: you look stupid.

>can't understand abstractions
Actual retard kek

who? xbox?

why does a human in Oblivion take 450 sword strikes to the face and have no visible damage and is completely fine?

>no endgame content
You didn’t play the game.

your writing missed!

>oblivion
>immersive
absolute retard. not only do you miss the appeal of morrowind but also the appeal of oblivion as well. morrowind gives you an alien yet believable and internally consistent world to experience while the appeal of oblivion is the cartoonish whimsey and unintentional humor/stupidity of it all. if your reasons for enjoying either game conflicts with this you are mentally ill.

>whataboutism about a different game
lol!
To answer your question, because it's a different type of shit

lel

>bulletsponge forever good
>missing a few times bad

How do you not comprehend that it's an abstraction just like the combat in every RPG ever? Are you retarded? There is literally nothing about Morrowind's combat that makes it different.

>>bulletsponge forever good
Like I said, it's a different type of shit. Is shit good? I wouldn't say so

In Morrowind you stop missing attacks after a few hours. In Oblivion the damage sponges never go away, and get worse the more you play.

I did and there is no endgame content.

why can't you just be smart and refined like the rest of us Morrowenjoyers? your skill levels increase and you steamroll enemies, that's fun.

list your top 3 RPG combat systems.

there is no other game that I can think of like morrowind. I can't think of a game where your sword goes through an enemy, and it does no damage because it missed. it's not an rpg thing. In a tabletop game, an attack misses and it misses. you can abstract it. you can't use this as an excuse in a video game that was supposed to be visually revolutionary. not even jrpgs do this. in final fantasy 7 and when you attack and miss, the guys dodge and visually move. it just looks lame. we can live in this fantasy land where we act like visual representation doesn't make a difference but it's just not true.

define "endgame" for elder scrolls games

I don't want to pile on but since you replied to me:
It just looks stupid? But whole game is full of stupid looking shit with retarded looking low poly npcs and plenty of jank in other, more blatant ways. That's old 3d rpgs for you. I personally also find the repetitive way every npc in Gothic swings in the exact same predictable way also stupid but not particularly immersion breaking. Don't get me started on how bizarre Deus Ex looks when in combat; still a great game though.
Yet, I still found the feeling of progression engaging and the world engaging. 'Immersion' is vague but I guess it's subjective.
I just find it such a bizarrely trivial thing to get so worked up over and I don't get why whole threads get dedicated to this one single topic.

Greatest RPG of all time. Greatest open world game of all time. Greatest setting in all of vidya.
Zoomers eternally filtered.
Gothicfags eternally seething.

Attached: 06h7dowbmqo31.png (960x900, 437.92K)

there's two bloody expansion packs at the end of the game

Expansions are not endgame content.

>zero graphics in tabletop good
>rudimentary graphics in vidya bad

they sure as fuck are meant to be endgame content you spaz

>one-time area that you will never visit again
Not an endgame content, sorry.

>single player RPG
>endgame content

Attached: 662.jpg (1000x985, 129.54K)

>I can't think of a game where your sword goes through an enemy
>not even jrpgs do this.
Absolutely wrong. There are thousands upon thousands of JRPGs that have no dodging animations, an attack animation plays and does no damage. You are being retarded on purpose.
>we act like visual representation doesn't make a difference
Because it doesn't. If you understand a game's mechanics in the abstract sense then visual flavor means nothing to you. Stop arguing in in bad faith and admit you're wrong.

whole threads get made because people need to needlessly defend it even if it's objectively bad. I said it one time. now it's my thread. see how that works? you know it's shit. I could say any other thing and I wouldn't get this much talking back. I could say the graphics are bad and it would be ignored. I could say animations look stupid. but no. no one cares unless you point out something so important that people are doing backflips and literally saying "just use your imagination bro! just dont look at the sword going through the guy and imagine it's missing bro!" its crazy. everytime I want to check out an old game recommendation im always wary of it being mindless npcs like you guys who can NEVER see fault in anything. it's crazy

retard

morrowind was one of the biggest wrpgs at the time of it's release. show me one big name jrpg or at least one that i've heard of that does this attack goes through the guy while he stands there and does no damage.

meant to also say around the time of morrowinds release

>moving the goalposts
Lol.

>it's just objectively the best when you weigh all competition, the features, gameplay,
morrocucks really, actually believe this

i just think it's funny, all you've got at your disposal is there's no unique animation for missing
you think this is a clever critique?

>npcs like you guys who can NEVER see fault in anything
Did you ever think that the reason why you say say
>I could say the graphics are bad and it would be ignored. I could say animations look stupid
Is because it's recognized as a very obvious fault/shortcoming of the game? Stupid petulant child.

Final Fantasy 7, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Quest 8,

I feel like Morrowind is heavily carried by the depth of its crafting system,atmosphere,lore,books,dungeons, and quests, but the combat is hot ass, and so is the endurance system. skywind will be a blessing.

Its still a much much better RPG than whatever Bethesda has shit out, especially since its an actual role playing game.

Not the fag you're talking to but Kotor doesn't really fit because it does have some sync animations for misses and glacing blows and shit.

it's a scientifically repeatable experiment, you can coin a new laws of physics theorem based on Morrowind being replicatedly GOAT

Attached: score.jpg (627x319, 86.39K)

Morrowind is heavily carried by the retards that still defend it because "old=good" and "I love bad game=that makes me special"

ff7 decent, but nowhere near as good as morrowind,KotOR2>KotOR, and DQ8 is bretty fucking good, but it and morrowind are very different, but closest thing to a tie in your list. only thing on par with morrowind in my opinion is FNV modded.

you mean the power attack where you do a front flip and come down on an enemy and it just goes *woosh* miss? seems familiar, i swear i've seen as such in....Morrowind

>heavily carried by being a good game
Dude no fucking way

>he actually uses MC as a legit argument
cute

they're all wrong, only you and me are right about the game being ass

Morrowind's clunky mechanics are carried by the fact that Vvardenfel is the best realized, richest setting in the history of the medium.