Why did it get so much praise?

Attached: Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite.jpg (249x353, 59.62K)

normies thought it was deep

This. People who only play shit like Cod and Gta tried Bioshock and were blown away by it’s 5/10 writing and thought it was amazing because most of them never read a book before

a popular game journo worked on it

Having never actually played it how is it?

It was a fun game, that's why people liked it.

Liz...

Attached: 1625439271225.png (900x900, 987.48K)

This bitch ruined a generation of young men (including me)

It's pretty fun. The gunplay is good. Elizabeth is cute. It's a strong 6 to a light 7.
Based.

Attached: 1644652901597.jpg (1200x1198, 110.63K)

Shooting gallery with ok plot, good for a rental at best. Think Uncharted but FPS, or a CoD campaign with a modicum of effort put into it

fun game with beautiful atmosphere

because marketing
they shilled elizabeth and her incredible AI for a year and normies ate it up

Might just give it a shot then. I've been wanting to play a fun shooter

High pedigree, lots of marketing, pretty visuals, and a genuinely interesting premise following up on a famous fan favorite.

I don't think I've ever seen an attitude shift quite as heavily as the reception to Bioshock Infinite. It was praised to the nines when it first came out, but after a while people started comparing it more and more to its early preview footage, and to the original Bioshock, and started to wonder what changed or went wrong during development.

Attached: Elizabeth_and_Him_art.jpg (635x684, 94.53K)

imagine kidnapping your own baby through an alternate dimension except that alternate dimension of you comes to kill you except also your baby's finger got cut off in the alternate dimension so she can travel through time but also youre killed by yourself and then yourself is killed by your daughters from alternate dimensions which causes them all to vanish. wouldnt that be weird haha?.... unless...?

play doom

Wasn't losing her finger in another dimension the only reason given for Elizabeth's powers? Feels like it would have been super easy to replicate with all the dimension hopping everyone's doing.

i hate that early 2010 era filled with movies and games trying to one up eachother with WTF 2deep4u mindboggling shit

Which one?

It's a very flashy game, it has a bombastic, but silly plot. The graphics look nice and the gunplay is quite fun. It's a total Stepdown from the non linear levels of the first two games but journos like things they can just walk through.

It's very mediocre. If you want a short campaign that does some wacky things here and there and has a unique setting you could play through it. By itself it's not really bad, it's just mediocre, but as a sequel to bioshock 1 & 2 it really shits the bed badly.

2016 and brutal
infinite is a bad game, unless you're a snoy and want to immerse yourself in the story and atmosphere and whatever is just not fun

This

Its shreddit incarnate.

Meh just like every other bioshock

It's not really worth it. Bioshock 2 might not be as smooth but IMO it's more fun as a game.

Because it's pretty much the beat video game ever made. An incredible world, an unforgettable cast of characters; a story that is not only an excellent sci-fi fable but basically predicted modern day conservatism in America, topped off with graphics that doesn't age and gameplay that is still at the cutting edge of its genre.

It's still hailed as a masterpiece for good reason. People who talk shit about it are just butthurt conservatards.

This is funny because most super left-wing people that I know take issue with the game because it goes "yeah the oppressed are just as bad as the people enslaving and dehumanizing them IF NOT WORSE" halfway through

That's just a misunderstanding of the story and characters. The characters who say that are Booker (an asshole) and Elizabeth (a girl locked in a tower her entire life who literally doesn't understand what racism is). It's good writing that keeps the characters, well, in character; but some people are too dumb to understand that.

It's the game telling you that if you, say, opposed the George Floyd protests; then you are either an Elizabeth, that is to say, a person who never heard about racism in his/her entire life (impossible); or you're a Booker - that is to say, an asshole.

Just because the main characters say something doesn't mean you are supposed to agree with it. That's the game expecting you to think for yourself - and some people just can't do that.

The writing is very mediocre and overrated and the game can be fun at times. Most critique you hear about the game here are true. However, the whole steampunk united states on floating islands aesthetic was goddamn amazing and I am not even a burger (yurofag). I think the introduction to the city was very memorable and visually beautiful too despite its age.

>Most critique you hear about the game here are true.
This is actually false; every criticism about this game is utterly made-up horseshit.

>If you want a short campaign that does some wacky things here and there and has a unique setting you could play through it.
People like you are the reason this medium is flooded with open-world garbage.

@596302794
overplaying your hand there buddy

It dumbed everything down immensely, and critics are retards who thought the story was deep.

No one hails this game as a masterpiece, fuck no one hardly brings this game up other than to shit on it.

@596303537
Your butthurt couldn't be more obvious.

Maybe in the /pol/ circles you run in. In proper society, everything that post said is true.

Badmouthing critics is chud behavior.

Did Levine get dimension hopping mixed up with time travel? How was killing one Booker supposed to kill every Booker?

Good.

remember in the DLC where they revealed that Fitzroy only pretended she was going to kill that kid so Elizabeth could become desensitized enough to own zone Comstock

Attached: CAFF57B4-EA28-41CF-A0FE-42913A8ABCE0.jpg (950x820, 196.24K)

Attached: 1644384810324.gif (1000x915, 601.77K)

Bad bait but I replied anyways.

At the very end, Elizabeth gained power over all the multiverse after the Songbird destroyed the syphon, due to growing up in a different universe from the one she was born in and getting accustomed to it; it's why she gained the power to manipulate dimensions. At the end, she condensed the Infinite Booker's from Infinite realities into one - that's what the different Elizabeths all gathering together represent. That's how powerful Elizabeth is - she makes Booker die during the baptism in every universe, erasing the horrors of Columbia, making it so they never happened. And maybe according to the post-credits scene she may or may not had to leave one of her and one of Booker alive so that it could happen.

Then you can treat Burial at Sea as an alternate ending that redeems the first Bioshock - that's how good it is.

And she played her part perfectly. If you only go by the main game; Columbia did such horrors to her people that she can't forgive anybody who is white - and who could blame her? Who could blame any black man or woman for harboring hatred towards white people?

And if you go by Burial at Sea, Daisy is a martyr who sacrificed herself to undo the horrors that Columbia have wrought. Both equally stunning interpretations.

Imagine the kind of person who has this image saved.

>Levine admits to being a genuine retard

At least I’m not Ken Levine.

chud

Thank you.

The story moves so fast, Elizabeth and Booker never lay down to rest or sleep. What do you guys think would happen if they slept together, canonically?

I can’t believe this fucker scrapped the entire story and game he was working, including the Songbird fight, because he was a pseudo intellectual retard.

You get the rare moment where everything comes together and it borders on being good, but they're few and far between. The story and setting is really stupid. Elizabeth is a pretty good Disney princess.

>i like shit that makes me look stupid
is that why bio infinite schlock has terrible writing with retarded bill puzzle?

She didn't get all of them though, because there's the one in Burial at Sea. Also, how did she get killed by a Big Daddy is she's a time god?

Don’t think about it.

>The story moves so fast
It's like JJK Abrams wrote it. Things are poorly explained and the characters are rushed through scenes to get to the next one.

Oh hey, I didn't know IGN was in this thread.

I said good because I like badmouthing critics.

Daughterpussy. Incest babies in Paris.

Treat it as an alternate ending.

>Anti conservative.
>Deconstruction of American Dream.
>Portrays white people in negative light.
>Depicts all religions as cults, except liberalism and rebellion, of course.

JEE, WHY DID JOURNOS AND ADAM SESSLER LOVE THIS GAME!?

Dude, it was the right choice. The part where you control the Songbird is easily one of the most empowering and exhilarating moments in the history if vidya!

You need more proof that anybody who talks shit about this game is a fascist?

But... that doesn't change anything...

>redeems the first Bioshock
Okay, now I KNOW you're full of shit.

I just told you to treat it as an alternate ending.

Man, I wish I was a simpleton like you and your ilk. Life would be so much simpler If I could enjoy mediocre, underwhelming games like the first two Bioshocks.

You can't though... even if it's an "alternate ending", these questions exist and have to be answered. Even if you play pretend that Burial at Sea is non-canon, it's still the same Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

Why didn't they just do that canonically? After he rescues the hottie and dances with her on the beach that's pretty much the good ending. Did he have some interdimensional debt to the time traveler twins that forced him to start jumping around in different dimensions and shit?

I can't imagine how mediocre a person has to be to not even be able to bait correctly. You're putting in so much effort and only getting like one or maybe two replies per post. Genuinely sad.

Yes, and the mechanics of the universe are different depending on which ending you prefer. In the case of Burial at Sea; Elizabeth probably couldn't erase Comstocks that have escaped to a different dimension; presumably ones where Booker didn't exist anymore.