LORE of Elden Ring

The ER does NOT control the laws of nature edition.

Vaati BTFO'd again edition

Attached: 1627402061387.png (1546x8000, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Omen Bairn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fixed typos

Attached: 1625086146876.png (1546x8000, 1.16M)

>proper death is returning to the Erdtree, then anything else is considered TWLID
Dung Eater makes people into omens by making it impossible for them to return to the Erdtree though, not TWLID?

>Dung Eater makes people into omens

gimme an item or dialogue source for that and i can change my image

So the Elden Ring doesn't actually do anything for the land, needs a host, and still works for the benefit of the Greater Will?
Its sounding more like a parasite

>Greater Will sends a golden star (the elden ring) to the lands between with the Elden Beast to protect it
So is some outer god chucking shit like Astel into lands between?

Attached: file.png (929x106, 82.87K)

not him but

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Omen Bairn
>Doll of a curseborn bairn.

Then just DE's words
>Hundreds will be reborn cursed, and they'll bear thousands of cursed children, who'll bear tens of thousands more.
>A few of those will be born just like me, and they'll kill, and defile, and bless in my stead!

Who gives a shit seriously, this is just yet another rehash of the two themes From came up with: MUH CYCLES OF LIFE and MUH ALIEN GODS, who gives a fuck how it works exactly.

I watched the Vaati lore and surprised it was tame as fuck. How can people hyped up this man when all he did was reading item description.
I'm even more surprised Bamco didn't give him the official lore already. That way he can stop pretending he's not on their payroll.

>screencapping your own posts as proof of anything
Nigger you're dumb. The Elden Ring governs how life and death works. This is a fundamental part of the game's story. If the Order is just legal laws why does Ranni need to take it into space so people can't touch it and know how souls work? If the Order is just legal laws how can Dung Eater's rune curse everyone eternally? If the Order is just legal laws how can Goldmask prevent the fickleness of the gods messing with it? If the Order is just legal laws why does the Frenzied Flame need to be carried to it in order to burn the world? If the Order is just legal laws why does the Greater Will need to send down a vassal being to inhabit it? If the Order is just legal laws why does anybody need to host and control it and dictate order to begin with, why not just slap people around until they do as they're told without the ring, what purpose does that entire system serve?
>The "Golden Order" was established as a counter-measure against the GEQ
Complete schizo. OP is a fucking retard and this thread is going to be a fucking mess. Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

I'm pretty sure "curse" is just being used in a general sense here, the type of curse is defined quite clearly here:
>By doing so he prevents dead souls returning to the Erdtree, leaving them forever cursed.

The curse is they can't return.

Omen babies are considered cursed by society, but there isn't much evidence that they are an actual result of a curse and not just a random mutation/devolution like the Crucible items talk about.

>A few of those will be born just like me, and they'll kill, and defile, and bless in my stead!

I take it this means the dung eater also can't return to the erdtree. And his hopes are other people like him (that he creates, with the seedbed curse) will also spread the curse around (which is what happens at a large scale in his ending)

>Vaati proving he has no idea what he is talking about
How did this shitter get famous again?

Look at this Vaati shill. He completely destroyed the lore, suggested things that have been debunked for weeks, and ruined the discussion of Elden Ring lore forever

>If the Order is just legal laws why does Ranni need to take it into space
a more hands-off government

>how can Dung Eater's rune curse everyone eternally?
this is explained in the image, please read it

>If the Order is just legal laws why does the Frenzied Flame need to be carried to it
The Elden Ring is a highly powerful thing. For example, Ranni used part of it to kill a demigod. That does not mean it controls the laws of reality.

>why does the Greater Will need to send down a vassal being to inhabit it?
The EB is one of the ways the GW exerts its influence over the land

>why does anybody need to host and control it and dictate order to begin with
Are you asking why a country needs a King and not just a paper with laws scribbled on it?

Morgott's remembrance specifies omens are graceless.
>Though born one of the graceless Omen, Morgott took it upon himself to become the Erdtree's protector.
Grace is born of a connection to the Erdtree. Dung Eater's victims not only are disconnected from the Erdtree, they are reborn that way.
>I've been here long enough.
>I will kill again. And defile each corpse with care.
>Just to be sure. That when they're reborn...
>They'll be cursed.

Dude, can you even read?

Has anyone found any proof yet that there’s any reincarnation? I know Dung Eater mentions being reborn, but is anyone ever confirmed reincarnated?

There is no mention of it besides dung eater. And he is probably talking about the soul he prevented from going to the erdtree going back into its body (or some other body), as that is what TWLID do

>These are the spirits of militiamen who live in Death, and will continue to rise again until properly finished off.

>all he did was reading item description.
If that was all he did nobody would really mind
he added his own speculation and interpretation, and doesn’t read the item description in context, usually just flashes it at the bottom of the screen as a citation

Reincarnation (in the traditional sense), no. Being reborn or remade after death, yes. It's what happens to us (the player character) when we die.

>It's what happens to us (the player character) when we die.
I get that, but it seems like a gameplay conceit more than a lore consideration since other tarnished don’t seem to respawn

Other tarnished are specifically graceless. They no longer see the guidance of grace. The game makes this point constantly, damn-near all of them ask if you see it and talk about how they no longer do.

I think death root is just a reference to bloodborne

>Though born one of the graceless Omen

The Tarnished are also graceless, or at least some of them are. I think being graceless and being an omen are separate things.

>they are reborn that way

rebirth is mentioned nowhere else in the game in english, in the original text it is also quite unclear what the dung eater is talking about. he certainly does not use the word 輪廻 though. my understanding of the cursed coming back is basically this plus in general just a lot of people being born in the future and getting cursed by the seedbed

Godfrey though

That doesn't explain why Ranni needed to take the Order into space to make the certainties of sight, faith etc. impossible. You don't explain Dung Eater, DE has fucking nothing to do with TWLID, you've got that all wrong. You assume the Rune of Death was originally part of the Elden Ring, this is never proven. Why does the EB need to inhabit the Elden Ring to exert GW's influence? If the Elden Ring is just a scroll saying, "These are da rules," why does it need to become it at all? A fucking ring is not a fucking king you mongoloid. You have no answers, your conclusions are all wrong, you're completely fucking retarded and I genuinely wish you physical harm.

So we're all in agreement that
>Dung Eater
>Frenzied Flame
Are the best endings, right? In both you basically say fuck you to the gods, with the former allowing you to break the control the Erdtree has over the world and the latter letting you burn it down so something new may come

Godfrey's an anomaly but the rule of thumb is very clear.

Condensing various soulsborne lore theories into some admittedly decent quality videos, and his voice is pretty smooth

We really need to have lore threads not started by the most schizo posters on here. This thread is already off to a fucking terrible start.

>That doesn't explain why Ranni needed to take the Order into space
She goes to space so outer gods have to chase her there if they want to claim the ring

The tarnished are not born graceless, they are made graceless.
>rebirth is mentioned nowhere else in the game
There's a fucking great rune that's sole function is rebirth, how clueless are you

So basically the player character coming back is a gameplay conceit

>to make the certainties of sight, faith etc. impossible.
mistranslation

>DE has fucking nothing to do with TWLID
pic related

>You assume the Rune of Death was originally part of the Elden Ring, this is never proven.
know what else is never proven? vaati's assertion that the ER controls the laws of physics

>Why does the EB need to inhabit the Elden Ring
the EB *is* the ER, you fucking lorelet

>If the Elden Ring is just a scroll saying, "These are da rules," why does it need to become it at all?
it's not just that, it's also a very powerful thing that can elevate someone to godhood, to be leader of the organization that enforces "da rules"

Attached: 1636213239280.png (1879x489, 295.76K)

bro you think dung eater is going around with larval tears and a great rune cloning people???

>mistranslation
She literally says the same fucking thing in Japanese, she wants people to be unable to see the order, unable to touch the order, unable to have faith in it, you're absolutely fucking retarded, and no not everything is Those Who Live In Death, go use Litany of Proper Death on Dung Eater and tell me how effective it is you stupid fuck, you're completely insane.

Your mom is a gameplay conceit. I accept your conceition.

bros....what exactly is the elden ring? Is it an actual physical ring?

Attached: midget pepe.png (397x363, 90.31K)

Which is your favorite?

Attached: 1650316545120.jpg (3000x3542, 3.44M)

>she wants people to be unable to see the order, unable to touch the order, unable to have faith in it,
a more hands off government

>go use Litany of Proper Death on Dung Eater and tell me how effective it is you stupid fuck
if you used incantations you didn't beat the game

I accept your conception

Flame, dear flame

Vaati put out a correction video
He's our guy through and through

What the fuck are you talking about retard? You said rebirth is mentioned nowhere else. There's an example of it being mentioned somewhere else. Here's another,
>Ancestral spirits exist as a phenomenon beyond the purview of the Erdtree. Life sprouts from death, as it does from birth. Such is the way of the living.
Here's another
>Spirits can only be summoned in the vicinity of a rebirth monument.
Clueless nigger.

>Bro where did all this rot in Caelid come from
>What do you mean bro Malenia bloomed and caused the whole place to rot like crazy
>Bro where did all this rot in the lake of rot come from
>OK so you see a blue fairy once appeared to a blind swordsman and gave him the power to seal ok listen gave him the power to seal an outer god ok and he sealed an outer god in the lake and um this swordsman was malenia's mentor too but uh he wasn't a demigod or anything and we never hear about him ok?
>But bro isn't it more likely that Malenia's first bloom was down there
>NO BRO BLIND SWORDSMAN BLUE FAIRY OK JUST TRUST ME

Why the scarabs have Gideon's eye symbol on them? Is he watching us through the scarabs?

Th-thanks.

Attached: cryingcatthumbsup.jpg (480x360, 11.6K)

I wish had more about the bestial clergy

It’s great runes combined

>mindbroken by lore ghost

The first bloom was in the trailer against Radahn.
The third was during the bossfight itself
The last one?
>IT HAS TO BE THIS LAKE OF ROT IN THE ONLY AREA MALENIA WAS NEVER MENTIONED IN
or
>the flower right outside her room

pre nerf frenzy flame

Attached: 1586749822261.jpg (480x360, 12.56K)

>Malenia's first bloom was in a forbidden city that was banished underground before she was even born and the item descriptions stating otherwise are just wrong and fake
Now this is schizoposting. Quick, someone explain why GEQ is Marika.

MALENIA IS RANNI

Attached: FC51D56A-00A3-4A23-8158-06A54032FE8A.jpg (1024x612, 70.04K)

They're honestly all pretty good. But for me, it's the Carian Royal Family. Worst is the Academy of Raya Lucaria. Jokes aside, Erdtree, Gravity and GO Fundamentalism are also pretty cool.

the flower outside her room is clearly not her, this is not up for debate.
Her first bloom is unknown, her second bloom is radahn and her third bloom - the bloom that finally turns her into the "goddess of rot" - is against us.
So her first bloom is a mystery.

>the flower outside her room is clearly not her, >this is not up for debate.
Ranni is the best ending in the game.
Malenia is stupid and smells of rotting cheese and poo poo water.
this is not up for debate.

BASED

>the flower outside her room is clearly not her, this is not up for debate.
>this is not up for debate.

Attached: 1440494541777.jpg (667x670, 30.93K)

It's not up for debate because it clearly is from her and you're just wrong. The Valkyries never blossomed,
>The Four sister were born in the swamp of Aeonia, and came to the Haligtree under the aegis of Gowry. And yet, those buds were doomed to never blossom.

>doomed to never blossom
>millicent literally does blossom
>gowry knows the exact conditions that need to be met for her to blossom
hmmm

Millicent is the fifth sister

Millicent isn't one of the four Valkyries you moron.

If only your stupid theory was provable, like the flower being there before Millicent makes it to the Haligtree.
Wait, that's exactly what happens

God damn it's so hard to have a discussion with retards.

>Life sprouts from death, as it does from birth.
how is that reincarnation? sounds more like a fungus

>rebirth monument.
mistranslation

You must have a lot of trouble communicating IRL too, sorry to hear that user

>>rebirth monument.
>mistranslation
give the correct translation or you’re a liar

That's fine just stop posting so the literate people can actually discuss things.

You're never going to get your theory accepted on the level of a 1+mil sub youtuber using posts from a Chinese basketweaving forum to make your case. Remove that and write it as a document like Redgrave or something.

It must be hard when you don't know who the fuck you're replying to or what you're even trying to say.
>rebirth is never mentioned
>except here
>but that's not reincarnation
Shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

>Amber egg clutched by Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon. Great Rune of unborn demigods.
What even is an unborn demigod? How and why did Radagon give Rennala a Great Rune when he left her before the Elden Ring was ever shattered?

Lorefags, leave the lore discussion to the Japanese. 99% of you are incapable of discussing lore because you're reading it through a layer of abstraction. So stand aside and let the Japanese sort this out. Maybe if you get good enough you can join in on the discussion but that's only if you're lucky.

everything is a contrivance, all things can be rejoined.

What is the black flame sigil supposed to be

還魂碑

spirit return monument

>remove that and write it as a document like Redgrave or something.
i don't know what you're referring to

>except here
you still on about the regal remembrance that doesn't say rebirth anywhere on it?

no sir, you are the retarded.
this is not up for debate.

Seriously though, too many trolls just dumping points to actually discuss things. Just ignore posts if they're not going to back up their bullshit with actual lore

I am curious hows the 5ch lore thread going

That's nice and everything but get in the fucking hole with the rest of the merchants.

>How and why did Radagon give Rennala a Great Rune when he left her before the Elden Ring was ever shattered?
When I first fought Rennala I thought Ranni was her miscarried child with its remains crystallized in amber but somehow its spirit grew up
Meeting Ranni was a bit of a let down

Kill yourself you fucking braindead retard

true true

the japs agree with the op image

Attached: 1633650127454.png (1012x687, 94.73K)

the turtle says that

>spirit return monument
ok thanks user, not a liar confirmed

>He never read the Paleblood Hunt
Google Paleblood Hunt-Finalized

I gave my reasons, i got immediately swarmed by retards claiming I'm wrong by completely misrepresenting what I'm claiming.
Fuck it. You want another dumbass thread that's just retards talking to other retards, fine, enjoy.

Make me you spastic retard.

bye bitch

No he doesn't. Turtle pope says heresy is a contrivance, and all things can be conjoined.

You don't need to shatter the ring to remove runes apparently, supported by the idea that the Rune of Death used to be part of the Elden Ring at some point

Radagon seemed a lot like he was just doing the Rennala marriage thing because he was getting the shit kicked out of him by her spellblades, Then for the Golden Order:
>had a bunch of kids, with the best Empyrean candidate amongst them
>retarded the study of sorcery
>kept an eye on the Erdtrees biggest local rival
>mindbroke their leader on the way out to completely cripple them
I'm assuming the rune of the Unborn had something to do with his plan there.

If we wanted that we'd be asking you to stay. Learn how replies work before you come back you fucking moron.

"No it's MY retard club" yea that's fine you fuckin retard, I already said have fun

Mistranslation. Never trust any English in the game.

>but what about destined death you say?
>proceeds to post definitive proof that the rune of death governs the law of life and death in reality
>oh this isn't LITERALLY controlling the laws of physics because uh...I say so :))) vaati btfo!
Kill yourself. You also conveniently ignore the finger reader saying that by unbinding destined death you could slay the world and that Melina says you must unbind it to deliver death indiscriminate. Morgott literally doesn't die until you unbind the rune even though you beat him down.
You are a mongoloid of the highest order. Even the litany of proper death proves you wrong because it is a spell that states it enforces the power of the golden order (the laws of reality) on the errant dead, putting them back in the ground

Thinking on that, could Godwyn have been saved with the rune of the unborn?

His latest video made it clear Vaati intends to keep using the english translation only. The pied piper will lead the lorefags to town.

>misrepresenting what I'm claiming
you didn't claim anything, refused to elaborate, and just keep whining about it
Just whining instead of clarifying your points
No interest in discussion

Actually they're called 翻訳を捏造するのは誰でもできるんだよコノヤロー which translates as Monument of the Cocks OP Sucks.

>I'm leaving
>I'm serious I'm going
>I'm super serious I'm leaving now
Fucking go already you cocksucking faggot.

His soul was gone, I'm gonna say no
Godwyn was proper fucked with the soul destruction, no coming back from that.

The problem with Godwyn is that his body was still alive, and forced to be alive because of the bullshit Marika pulled with Destined Death