F

F

Attached: 1633911854970.jpg (3194x2160, 665.99K)

This guy sucks

lol he got overnerfed like Radahn

goofy looking ass zanzibart boss

what was changed?

He doesn't run away nearly as much now, wasn't that the number 1 complaint people had?

Elden stars is a joke now.

Should've been a secret boss like Moon Presence, he's unironically cool but Radagon/Marika would've been better as a final boss.

Good, this fight fucking sucked. Worst final boss in any Souls games.

forced meme

He cute

Attached: 1650076889984.png (1400x2700, 278.35K)

It basically had hp reduced, doesn't run away, and only melees most of the time, sometimes never even uses its other attacks

So it is what it was intended to be from the start.
A victory lap instead of a FINAL FORM boss.
Its cool, he was easy to me already because I had a counter for his elden stars, but whatever, he was annoying for a bunch of people.

Good.

Anyone who hates Elden beast immediately tells me

>"I am a shitter that abused magic/status effects to beat the game"

because Elden beast is immune/resistant to everything except physical damage. I was powerstancing greatswords. He wasn't a problem for me. But all the shitters using rot, using bleed, using frost, using magic? They're going to be dealing with a lot more health, because Fromsoft specifically made a boss to punish them for not beating the game.

If you had trouble with the elden beast, you didn't beat the game.

Didn't only create the Lands Between?

it will never be a victory lap because you fight radagon beforehand

Sometimes its AI would randomly decided it doesn't want to fight anymore and would keep swimming back and forth and you had to go around chasing it for several minutes.
Now it mostly runs away when you're not in its attack range anymore, like when you move towards its back.

Yeah, that's a proper rating for it.

No you absolute retard he is just boring because all he does is run away and spam projectiles

youre both turbolorelets.

the elden beast is not the actual god greater will, but merely its emissary

thx for the lore update fren B^)

It didn't create anything.
The Crucible of Life is the origin of all life, it was in the Lands Between since pre-historic times.
It came from space and created the Erdtree and the Elden Ring and installed a puppet ruler to control the world as a proxy. And killed the Giants and the Dragons that lived in the Lands Between before it came.

This

>First time I killed him, he must have bugged because he didn't move around at all.
>Second time I killed him, he was a little more difficult but I still managed it.
>Third time I killed him, he just kept jumping about. I couldn't get a single hit on him, but he kept nuking me. I had to summon Tiche to kill him for me.
Why the fuck is he so unpredictable?

the crucible is not the greater will. in fact, it became demonized for some reason by greater will followers.

>mfw when the ONE time luck builds aren't shit everyone is buttmad

Attached: 1632064496732.jpg (500x500, 24.14K)

Anyone who liked Elden Beast is a cumguzzling Fromdrone.

>he

Yes that is what I said, the Crucible is the origin of all life, not the Greater Will, which is represented by the Elden Beast in the game, which is its emmisary.
And the Crucible of Life is shunned by the Golden Order for that very reason.
And that is also why the Omen, which are people blessed by the Crucible, are either killed at birth or hidden away forever at the sewers if they are children of nobles.

He's annoying because he runs away like a cunt. Why can I not use the horse on the one fight I need it in?

Good

Yes, the boss got beautiful animations and the music is good, but the fight itself wasn't fun, it ranged from bearable to irritating depending on your build and the whims of the AI.

That’d be kino because radagon would have to get a second phase where he swaps back to Marika and then a tertiary phase, all on 1 health bar I must add, where they work together and hot swap on the fly
Would make sense for the non Elden lord endings to have to fight the beast too

It took me like 5 tries or something and I can still say that the fight sucked. It just wasn't fun.

You're a lorelet. Elden Beast is just the Greater Will given form

I agree with Joseph's theory that you were supposed to be able to use the horse for this boss to chase him down, but they just forgot to let you use the horse here and are too embarrassed to fix it.

its more embarrassing to remove over half of the boss move pool

He didnt come up with that theory you dumb nigger, everyone thought that the first time they fought him

I know a lot of people hated it, but I don't think this severe a nerf is good.

As nice as that sounds, I do think they wanted you to spend the time running after it so that you're forced to dodge its ranged attacks. Horrible, horrible design and a clue that Fromsoft is losing their touch.

Why? The thing is hardly a boss fight at all as it was as anyway.

fuck off, almost all of the bosses in this game are great
except Malenia.

Just tsle away those two attacks that make the game Touhou and it's fine.

>a boss that opens gaps to use ranged attacks
>EVIL, HATEFUL, any boss that ever leaves melee range is WASTING MY TIME

>some incredibly obvious shit that everyone thought of immediately
>"Joseph's theory"
Shut the fuck up and get off this website you embarrassing retard.

The main problem is its placement.
It happens right after the fight with Radagon, which is very fast paced and gets you pumped up with adrenaline.
And then you fight this dude that kepts running away and your boner just goes limp.

>Hey I'm here to become elden lord Marika said so
>No get out
>Bro but Marika
>NO
>Bro
>OUT
Elden beast is a cunt.

would you an elden beast?

Attached: file.png (845x939, 1.21M)

>spend entire minutes just chasing after the cunt to get maybe 1 hit in and then repeat that
>over and over and over
Nah man the fight sucks dick

I was fine with the final ER boss having Midir tier HP, it gave the game some character. FS keeps patching and adjusting the bosses which is warping everyone's experience of the game.

On the other hand even DS1 got patched. I'll always remember a bunch of bonefires being patched in and everyone on Yea Forums freaking out.

>still no horse
Oh fuck you too, From

Attached: 312bec1fa16fb6f380124e37bdec688d.png (640x696, 440.11K)

>The yellow eye isn't at the center of the head
>No elden womb
Trash

Are you really that jealous?

>out of fp and he still has 50% health
Used my sword more then than the rest of the game combined.

They were pretty good in DaS3 with Anri's sword.

That's a retarded theory because several of the ranged attacks would be severely trivialised.
The overhead ring-encircling attack could be evaded in literal seconds, and it's the most extravagantly animated attack the Elden Beast has in its arsenal.
Merely double jumping could bypass several of the sword projectiles.

The long-ranged gap closing was a core part of the mechanical design of the fight, and Torrent would make everyone of those attacks insanely redundant.

On top of all that, its close-range melee attacks are designed with the traditional rolling-through-swipes style design, which would be finnicky and awkward at best with Torrent as an option.

Fights like Agheel and the flying dragons are clearly designed around using a horse because the bosses are obviously meant to be fought that way. The dragons have generous animation telegraphing that can be avoided with dodging through attacks by galloping away on Torrent, and attacks that play with the expectation of horse-riding like the overhead sweeping swathes of fire encouraging fast movement.

The crux of the argument for putting Torrent in EB's fight is that it swam away in a rhythmic pattern, melee/close range attacks - long range attacks, rinse and repeat. Otherwise it vapidly ignores every other mechanical aspect of the fight, and it doesn't me surprise me that Joseph Anderson of all people was a proponent of it.

Or bleed warden twinswords :)))

>everyone on Yea Forums freaking out
What

Strengthchad here. This fight consisted of me chasing the fucking boss most of the time. Boring as shit. I felt that his attacks were fine mostly. That one spell that lasts for thirty minutes not withstanding. All they had to do was make it not run away so fucking much and it would have been acceptable

The horse moves too fast, it couldn't even be able to use its long range attacks before you closed in.
And it also turns around very slowly, so you'd be able to gallop around it hitting it from all sides and it would barely be able to react at all.

It would need to be much faster and swim around way more sporadically and faster in order for you to use the horse and it still be challenging.

>nobody reporting this anywhere else but fucking Yea Forums

>Should've been a secret boss like Moon Presence
He feels like he'd be locked behind Ranni's ending. If anything you'd think the Greater Will wouldn't send the Elden Beast to kill you if you were choosing the vanilla or Goldmask's ending since you dont want to restore the Elden Ring. I don't get the GW's problem with Tarnished doing all this.

When I went to read the patch notes my first reaction was
>They BUFFED Elden Stars? Fuck now it will be harder to run away when the Elden Beast starts casting it

Did Elden Beast's version of the Elden Stars get nerfed or something? Because it was already identical to the player version.

Good, now they just need to increase Radagon's HP and fix his AI at the start of the fight when he does nothing and takes free hits.

Can't someone mod torrent into the fight and try it out?

I literally bungad it to death with +24 prelate hammer and giant crusher, even posture breaked him which left his hp for one final jump attack.

yeah, it doesnt even cast it anymore until after like 2 minutes after you've pushed it below 50%

I like getting summoned to fight him since it 2x/4x his HP, he should feel beefy