Civ 5

Literally the perfect Civ game.
>muh Civ 4, Civ 3
lol no, get the fuck out with that boring antiquated garbage.
>Muh Civ 6
woke zoomer trash.
you can't refute this.

Attached: 40511509_585111826671c0-09638167Sid-Meier-s-Civilization-V---The-Complete-Edition.jpg (1280x1703, 226.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7BIIoAFJUSw7K8909BiAfwNIynW1rqzd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

True, Civ 5 is the best.

i 100% agree.

but i'm willing to hear arguments as to why Civ 2 and 4 are good

Attached: who could be behind this randomly generated map.jpg (1674x1020, 329.53K)

I like it, but I suck. How do I suck less?

Attached: 20220405202059_1.jpg (1920x1080, 833.96K)

Civ 5 is the watered down casual version made for mass appeal of an already watered down casual 4X franchise. Anyone older than a zoomer knows the series peaked at 4. 1upt killed the franchise. Now it's a tedious unit movement simulator against an entirely inadequate AI that simply can't fathom 1upt combat. With that said, the somehow even more tedious Civ 6 is still a better game than 5.

what difficulty are you playing on?
it's useless trying to play at anything higher than settler, if you are a beginner.
you should start playing at settler, and each time you win you increase the difficulty
there's no shame in that, the goal is to learn how it works, 4x games should be comfy.

so from what i gather you lost to sweden having a science victory.

also, you're over 400 turns in and your capital is only 14? whether you elect to go wide or tall (tall is easier), your main city should always be enormous

>muh 1upt
Yep, old fuck spotted, lol

First time playing civ games and I've been playing civ5 for almost 2 weeks now. I've learned that marathon speed is the best way to play this game.
The difficulty curve from prince to king is steep as fuck. They give they AI some advantages AND they nerf the player. Why do they do both these things?
I'm also thinking of getting civ 4 for some mods i want to play. Seems like civ4 has all the good stuff.

King. I've won the game on Prince before, so I want to start tackling the harder settings. I'm actually pretty aware as to why I lost this one. I took way too long to start building up culture so everyone was influential over me. The death sentence was having to drop my freedom ideology because of my happiness dropping past -10. If I had been able to keep it then I would have been able to just buy the space ship parts.

I usually try to go tall since unhappiness spirals out of control once you have like more than 4 cities. I must be doing something wrong since I tend to plateau around there. Though I think my main science generating city had about 18 people in it.

Yeah, that's why I never bothered with difficulties beyond Prince.
I just play this game because it's fun building empires, doing your own autistic stories, and the anachronistic stuff of course.

Attached: civ-tech.jpg (640x640, 192.01K)

Thanks for proving me right

Just kill off everyone that is beating you in tech. The AI is hopelessly incompetent to the point that even a United coalition is helpless against a player with just 6 military units

Attached: 1619310251428.jpg (960x960, 303.54K)

Civ 4 is basically the perfected version of the original game. Civ 5 changed it fundamentally. For better or worse, I dunno. Im an oldfag who started with Civ 2 so I prefer the series pre-5.

what? You can beat the game at prince with no civ experience at all. At least warlord

Civ5 is also woke zoomer trash.
Civ 4 BTS was peak Civ.

I like playing it with my dad but for sone reason it feels like the AI gets turbo retarded in multiplayer regardless of difficult level (playing on prince). They often stop sending diplomacy requests completely, dont even declare wars or anything on player

6>5>>Old boomer shit

SMAC is the best Civ game

>Civ 6
I remember this appearing and reading the comments and keking. I though the woke police would ban those who replied like this. I saw comments got deleted but the people posting them didn't get banned because they repost what was deleted.

Attached: Civ VI Kangz.jpg (942x906, 193.23K)

I played this game for around 5k hours, I loved playing on deity and the difficulty below it. Once I started playing EU4 I haven’t touched it

Attached: 9C82FCBA-C29F-403F-ADE7-5E11B9DD575F.jpg (540x291, 36.72K)

I'm not sure what the settings are by default, but I know there's options in 5's multiplayer to make the AI civs unable to win or interact with anyone on their own.

Only a contrarian would disagree. V really did everything best all-round.

oooooh shaka...

i think the biggest thing to learn is that Civ games, its not you versus 7 computer opponents who are all trying to win. the AI is only using 2-3 of them to win. i call it the 'favored son' strategy. they'll intentionally gimp the favored civ's neighbors and fatten them up so the favored civ gets free wonders and such.

there's no tried and true formula as to why it picks what civ, but generally, if you chop the head off of the AI civ with the highest score, you've crippled the AI's entire strategy.

Some AIs play better than others too. off the top of my head, Austria, Brazil, China, England, Germany, Greece, Inca, Iroquois, Japan, Korea, Polynesia, Rome and Venice are the most dangerous to leave to their own devices as they have multiple playstyles and/or overpowered civ bonuses. these can vary depending on the map too; Polynesia is an absolute monster on Archipelago maps and is the only Civ i've ever come close to losing a naval war with. Venice is also a crapshoot, he's either a dead player slot or someone who absolutely will pull a diplomatic victory out of his ass with the 30000 gold he's been stockpiling.

Korea i think is a sleeper as well, as he's always top of science if he's in and if he can capitalize on it he'll out culture you and there's little you can do about it because his cities have 200 defense

What's your favorite era?
Mine is the renaissance. Why is it so comfy?

I was starting to enjoy 6 until it started crashing every ten minutes then I uninstalled and haven't touched it since

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7BIIoAFJUSw7K8909BiAfwNIynW1rqzd

Who has your favorite peace/war theme?

Civ 5 is shit, nothing beats Civ 4, it also has the best mod support in the entire series, no other civ game can hold stand agaisnt modded Civ 4

the AI cant play 1UPT and he's right that it's tedious, idiot zoombie

>ITT zoomers having a hard time on King difficulty
git gud

fuck your king tranny

Civ 6 is better nostalgiafag

civ 4 is best and hasn't been topped

Been playing since 2, 4 is objectively the best and has the best mods. Civ 5 was babies first Civ game.

I think 6 is just as good as 5 personally… both flawed, especially in the ai. Retards will say its woke just because theres females or something in it. Typical wristlets

Anyone playing Vox Populi? How do I deal with spawning next to warmongers on Deity? Feels like the entire game is just endless wars that I can in no way benefit from.

Vox Populi ramps up the difficulty, playing on Deity is pointless since you are gonna lose.

your only hope is a geographic chokepoint and hope you can make it to crossbowmen, or galleas if you have a coastline

I only play Deity. I even win sometimes.

Yeah, I just restart if I don't have a good defensive position. The entire world declares on you later in the game once they feel like you're winning.

Attached: ild ().jpg (2560x1440, 1.38M)

i dunno man. that situation i kinda feel you're asking for it, settling a city so far away from your power base

Civ 4's gameplay style is superior and as far as Civ 5's gameplay style goes, 6 did it better. 5 is the worst Civ game of all time. Even 2 is better because it's live action cheese is soulful.

>early game
>be friends with a couple of other civs
>mid game
>the others start to turn on each other and ask you to go to war but you refuse because you just wanna keep the gang together
>tfw it always ends in war

Attached: 1448929314080.jpg (500x302, 80.8K)

Based role play enjoyer
The best way to play these games, I pity the drones who just play to minmax

i play like that, except if an AI civ converts one of my cities to their heathen religion i will exterminate them

BASED CIV 5 CHAD
ok zoomer, didn't ask
ok boomer didn't ask

probably liked 2 the most but only played it as a kid
played 4 mostly and it was ok
tried 5 dodnt think it was very good really
not tried 6 dunno if i will

>he doesn't rush to be the first to invent nukes, place them within striking distance of every capital city, and launch at anyone who declares war
Explain yourselves

Attached: dredd.gif (500x281, 165.73K)

i typically win before ICBMs become a factor

Hard to top England's peace theme. For war, I like Rome or maybe I just learned to like it because Augustus backstabs and declares war on me every fucking game why can't we ever just be friends for once?

quit being such an inviting target

>disables all victory types exception Domination
Yep... It's game time

Attached: giga.jpg (822x960, 49.56K)

domination is the easiest victory condition at high levels

And?

>shit released after stuff I like
>dumb down garbage for newfags
>shit released before stuff I like
>outdated shit for boomers
Tale as old as time.

you do you, king

too bad over the years they've gotten more and more greedy with their expansions and civ dlc.

4>>5

It has many design flaws and lacks depth past a certain point. UI becomes atrocious the more you dig into it.
Yet I can't stop playing it.

>imagine that all the civ leaders are immortal demigods
>when I take their cities I imagine my leader and theirs having a shirtless superpower fistfight in the rain in the burning ruins of their city
I'm not the only one who does this right?

Attached: 1388725334095.png (768x586, 36.54K)

>Zoomers
I'm old enough to have played Civ 2 on launch and I can safely claim Civ 4 is a pile of shit, the worst Civ game by far and only good for playing total conversion mods like FFH. The only people claiming it's the best were were preteens when it came out so they have no objective way of judging it.

They gimped the AI because it was too hard for playtesters.

fuck off

Attached: eula.png (598x217, 41.89K)

CIV 5 had the best gameplay and aesthetics
I do like 4 as well for having more depth than 5 but it doesn't play as smoothly
6 is just trash I hate it

>Civ%
Laughable

Attached: 1645390477098.png (1920x1079, 3.01M)

Kek this is why I like these games
It’s the ultimate power fantasy

>3k hours in CiV
>1k in Civ6
Objectively Civ 6 is better, it takes awhile to realise this but its true. Elements such as the culture tree and policy switching are great (re)additions and it is more complex and in deeper overall (not always for the good though). That said, I just prefer Civ5. Its more realistic and classical artstyle, pacing, music and even its lack of political wokeness (even though it still has some) appeal to me more. Also, Civ5 has much much better multiplayer than Civ6, which is unbalanced as fuck.

Attached: 1401409522306.jpg (872x1224, 275.4K)