Platinum Bros

Platinum Bros...

Attached: PlatinumGames fall.jpg (1059x1265, 301.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PckcAblyGB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>BABYLON'S FALL is a brand new take on developer PlatinumGames' critically-acclaimed signature combat. In this cooperative action RPG, you take on the role of a Sentinel, once conscripted prisoners of the Empire who are granted unrivalled powers by a parasitic device implanted to their back: The “Gideon Coffin”.
>stealing Gideon from ER
yawn

The game plays like a PG game except your character is stuck in molasses the entire time. I really can't imagine what they were thinking.

Is that not insane? What do you even tell the shareholders or the board? You invested millions of dollars into this game and 8 people play it now. Does someone get fired in these situations?

Well considering they barely advertised it, released on the possible the worst date to release a game in history, and might not have even sent out review copies it doesn't seem like they were particularly concerned with its performance

It's just clickbait dude, the game's doing just fine.

Attached: babylon.png (1127x880, 362.53K)

Name a developer with a bigger fall from grace without a redemption arc.

>just fine

Attached: MGRR.png (734x629, 192.92K)

Sol Cresta was the game platinum was focusing on anyways

>big established franchise
Vs
>brand new IP
Retard.

i havent laughed at a post this much in years, thanks

>just fine

Attached: ghostwire.png (736x575, 175.94K)

Attached: chart2.jpg (744x428, 42.45K)

that is insane. un fucking believable.

It's probably on other platforms and playing on PC just isn't popular.

>Guardians of the Memexy was a surprise gem, and both the final fantasy and dq franchises seem to knock it out of the park with each new release

At this point I'm convived these "articles" are generated by an AI or literally braindead subhuman NPCs. No fucking way a real human being could have written that.

so real talk, this is close to the end for Platinum, isn't it?
they haven't had a hit in years
also, fuck Square for trying to force the live service meme

It's time to GAAS all the developers.

the ultimate and final cope

>Work with a man who's remade the same janky game five times
>Get overconfident about being able to make action RPG's from this experience
>Reuse assets and systems shamelessly
>Create a bland and uninspired world because the creative director is some 20 year old hack who wants "realism"
>Become a massive failure

Platinum games failed because they literally stopped thinking, "Let's make our own unique idea and show our personal style." Which I can understand from a financial standpoint. They were failures even if they put all their heart and soul into it. But creating something so infinitely bland and soulless in response is just sad. I won't blame Yoko Taro for it, but by just being used as a tool for his vision they took a step in the wrong direction. They lost something. And it led to, "Let's just make what we made last time and put our name on it." It's fucking horrible.

More like Babylon's Fail.

It's honestly the worst combat in a platinum game to date to the point where their licensed games had better combat and systems.
I unironically think it would be better if they FF14 it and just unlisted the game and redid it again from the ground up.
But with modern platinum devs being so incompetent I really don't know if they could even do it.
I really tried to like this game with the demo but it really is just too shit.

Attached: 1643669262836.jpg (567x806, 45.03K)

Yosuke saito san i know its hash but you need to stop coping now even toobies ass cant save it

I wonder how much of this is the fault of platinum's gradually degrading quality as a dev or how much of it is just squenix being extremely, bafflingly incompetent as usual.

>no evidence it's selling poorly outside of steam
You're the ones coping.

lol. lmao even

I didn’t even realize that this had released yet.

most people didn't even realize it came out

then by that logic why even bring up other platforms? Anons didn't mention it until you did, hence why they say you are coping.

>Does someone get fired in these situations?
Seeing how this was likely pushed out as a means to launder some yakuza money, no. They never expected it to sell millions, which is why they won't really give two fucks about performance. Sure, we might see some damage control and other typical corporate PR bullshit, but that's all it will be.

With this game it really does seem like they had no fucking idea what they were doing. The shit with the oil paint filter being the most baffling one, they reduced the effect but it still looks like blurry shit and isn't good looking for a action game.

Attached: Babylons_Fall_phase 3.gif (1200x681, 1.16M)

Just let him have his way with your money desu

Attached: vuudvt9r1uf81.jpg (640x1171, 123.02K)

Both are major factors

literally had no idea this came out, Squeenix continuing their track record as a quality publisher

because they released it a few days after elden ring
which while I can't imagine they expected that to completely blow up like it did, it was still extremely anticipated and was going to eat into their demographics no matter what

>I can't imagine they expected that to completely blow up like it did
you'd have to have absolute garbage business sense if you didn't realize how massive elden ring was going to be and the track record from was riding off of

That just feels to me like the beginnings of an actual idea. "An oil paint filter will make our game look more unique. Like some kind of ancient story." But no. Of course the fucking art faggot wouldn't let them stick with it. Now they've just got generic unity store assets shining like good ole Unreal Engine shite. Maybe if the game had an actual art style it'd be recognizable.

>w-we arent going to shut the game down... d-dont worry we still have more content coming..

Attached: FOJQcJpVkAc-3dc.jpg (680x680, 77.27K)

I never understood why they moved on with development for this project. It looked really bad like something for PS3 gen.
It looked like a really bad GodFall.
Platinum is probably my favorite game dev company but their combat has always been mediocre and unpolished jank.
Their whole selling point was the crazy off the top action like Vanquish, Bayonetta or MGR. Its almost like they forgot what made their IPs great.
I think Nier Automata success got their heads up their asses.
This title was doomed to fail from the beginning. The teasers before PS5 even came out did not hype the public and obviously they made the mistake of releasing it around Elden Ring release.

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x640, 199.98K)

they said same shit about FF15

I didn't see any promotion for this game, like, at all.

FF15 was shit but that at least sold a lot. They at least had the money and audience to patch shit up and release DLC for it. Although I'm still not convinced they completely made their money back because of how many years they wasted on developing that shit.

look at the reaction from western companies as well and you'll see no one expected things to turn out the way it did
of course it was going to do well given From's track record, but it did better than well
it completely dominated the market to the point it indirectly called out the open world genre as a whole for their design choices

They never made money back on 15 sales alone. If it wasn't for XIV getting bigger they would never fix the budget hole that corporate jewish experiment created.

youtube.com/watch?v=PckcAblyGB4

Attached: 1641319945662.jpg (236x236, 10.01K)

I own this game, I really wanted it to be good.. it wasn't. Every decision the anyone higher up made for it was stupid. Shit being locked behind post game for no reason like the only thing that makes the races/classes different (which don't even work good) and a slightly more in depth combat system, you have to use an accessory slot for a stinger type move, it looks like shit, bland reused levels over and over, boring story mode and if you do a campaign quest with other people then they all have to skip the cutscene or else everyone has to watch a long boring cutscene, like 4 or 5 enemies total and are just recolored to red, blue, or yellow for elemental types (same thing happens to bosses). The game needed a lot more time in the oven or just should've been scrapped and redone from the ground up.

at this point, it feels like they knew it was an unsalvageable turd and released it to use as a tax writeoff when it inevitably lost money

That 2019 trailer is basically a completely different game they threw out.
You can tell from that trailer it's more directly built off of automatas systems while the final game looks and plays nothing like it.

Can you find a clip of, "Here's a game with a truly unique artstyle." From the VGA's or E3 or some shit?

I hate how these always online games call their players something cringy in these PR messages, like Commander, Captain, or Sentinel in this case.

Maybe devs will one day learn that GaaS doesn't work...

What should happen: whatever dumbfuck CEO tried to turn what was going to be a single player action-RPG in the vein of NieR Automata into a Frankenstein online multiplayer DoA GaaS abomination gets fired, shareholders learn their lesson and push SE to make more complete single player experiences instead of charging full price + season pass + MTX for incomplete "we'll fix it later" "it's fun with friends" GaaS garbage
What will happen: CEO blames Platinum, cut all SE ties with them/sues them, gives himself a raise, shareholders push him to turn another game into a GaaS scam, this time with blockchains and NFTs

>square enix is known for making and publishing some pretty fantastic games

FFXV turned a profit on day one

Is it safe to say that MGR was the last good platinum game?

No, the last good new Platinum game was Astral Chain, the last good game they've published is Wonderful 101 Remastered

>BABYLON'S Fall
>looks like every other generic FF-ish Jap techno-fantasy setting

Attached: 1629972387973.jpg (229x250, 7.53K)

YOU'RE LAUGHING
PLATINUM RELEASED MORE BAD THAN GOOD GAMES
AND YOU'RE LAUGHING

so its just a bigger budget tmnt game where the shit is all lock behind dumb shit

Possibly the most baffling thing I found out about this game is that the beginning of the game is the most braindead shit imaginable because you don't unlock more combat opinions until several deep hours in. The demo never lets you experiment with any of the later systems so everyones first impression is going to be cemented that this is most shittest thing imaginable.
The game also has like 3 modes to change your weapons movesets and you're effectively stuck with the button mash standard mode for the majority of the game until apparently POST game.
How the fuck did they think this was a good idea? No wonder this game flopped.

Is it even necessary that it is an MMO? From what I got from the videos, it could have been an offline multiplayer game like borderlands.