Guardians of the Galaxy devs say it’s ‘finding its audience’ after a slow start

Despite receiving highly positive reviews, it “undershot” publisher Square Enix’s sales expectations at launch, according to president Yosuke Matsuda.

Senior narrative director Mary DeMarle told Eurogamer: “For me, it’s all about creating the game. What I love right now is that people, especially with Game Pass, are playing it and they’re sharing the experience.

“We make games to touch people, we make games to hit an audience. And it’s great that it’s finding its audience, and it’s great that it keeps going forward.”

Guardians of the Galaxy senior creative director Jean-Francois Dugas also told the site: “It’s like anything. We always want to sell trillions but it’s not always necessarily as easy as that.”

He added: “But is it a great ride? And is it something this year or last year that you played that is unlike everything else? And is it worth spending your time on? I honestly think it is, from a game standpoint.

“I have no regrets. We did everything we could but that’s the reality of the market… And let’s not forget it’s a new IP. Even though we say all ‘Guardians [of the Galaxy] are known’, it’s still a new IP [in the video game market]. It could be a lot of people don’t even know that the game is out yet, or they’re not sure exactly what it is.”

videogameschronicle.com/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-devs-say-its-finding-its-audience-after-a-slow-start/

lmao the cope

Attached: ogp_square-enix.png (1200x630, 17.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_laL-xzud4X8vIc27zbKYTdMBKBx2a6Bv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the problem is that they failed to market that this game was different from Avengers

>It doesn't have to make money

Attached: tileburnedin.jpg (1280x720, 117.34K)

Guardians only bombed because they advertised it horribly.

>finding its audience
>slow start
>it's all about creating
>we make games to touch people
The absolute state of corporate mental gymnastics.
>I have no regrets
Lmao

It was lame and generic

Except, uh.. Guardians didn’t bomb? It *literally won Best Narrative at the Game Awards*. Bomb? W H A T?

Square Enix Bros... Why do our games keep underperforming?

But it was advertised in E3?

Every game bombs according to SE

I hate SE so much it's unreal. I'm just glad I'm not Japanese or I'd hate them more.

I think it was after Marvel's Avengers that all of their games not released on Nintendo started bombing horribly. Did FFSoP sell even 1 million copies?

see

>squeer enigs will die in your lifetime
Good riddance.

Good game markets itself.
Obviously they forgot to make a good game.

Cheap good games market themselves
Full price games move numbers based on hype/marketing

Se and fromsoft are the only worthwile jap corps anyway, why bother with the rest

>company that published Shartspoken
>worthwhile
oh im laffin

>Game Awards
It's a commercial, the awards don't mean anything or have any prestige

>Balan
>Chocobo GP
>Avengers
>Babylon's Fail
>Guardians of the Galaxy
what's next?

Attached: 1649823138714.png (1000x750, 379.41K)

>Full price games move numbers based on hype/marketing
Wrong.
Elden Ring don't even need to do that.

Damn shame too because the game was honestly really great.
It unironically have soul

Attached: gotg-game.gif (498x280, 1.29M)

Forspoken duh

>OHHHH MY GOOODDDDD
>LE PUPPERINO IS DANCING!!!!
>SOUL OVERLOAAADDEDDD!!!
Fucking zoomer.

It founds its audience because of gamepass most people didn't want to play it because of how fucking shit avengers was and didn't want to waste their money

Dude relax, its just a gif.
Its not even in the game itself.

lol ff7rp2 will be a straight to gamepass release

Just make Deus Ex please

Would have probably done better if it wasn't a marvel game.
There's like 3000 marvel things every year, plus advertising sucked to the point most people thought it was just a "the movie the game" game which sells poorly since they are usually a shitty cash grabs.

There was. GOTG game?

The game has an entire album created for the game that's the definition of sovl faggot. When the devs actually give a shit and go above and beyond of what's expected of them little details that enhance the experience

youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_laL-xzud4X8vIc27zbKYTdMBKBx2a6Bv8

Attached: star lord music.jpg (1280x720, 306.18K)

All I remember of this game is having to sit through 20 minutes of painfully unfunny and tryhard dialogue during the E3 footage, I can't think of a single reason why I should even give this capeshit game a chance

I fucking hate the MCU GOTG so much, it's unreal. They were a team of dry misfits and now they're wacky reddit horseshit with muh cool retro songs. Fuck this entire franchise. Peter died in the Cancerverse.

You're right. The Marvels Avengers stink latched on to this one and it still can't remove the smell of it even this long after release.

Attached: 1616828670450.png (729x535, 224.62K)

NEO TWEWY was sent to Epic hell for this

Most likely they will be absorbed by the growing Microsoft gaming behemoth. It's already been heavily rumored MS are interested in at least taking Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal off Square Enix's hands.
If MS bought the whole company I don't think Yea Forums would survive the chaos

can i have my new deus ex now?

I hope we get a sequel honestly.

Was a great game. One of the only games to genuinely make me lol irl fr

did you have a stoke at the end of that sentence?

Attached: 009174E8-1D64-45DB-8A81-A9FBFC06FE03.jpg (351x393, 30.93K)

>Bad game with shitloads of hype and marketing sells tons of copies
But that's exactly what Elden Ring did?

Is GoTG on sale? I always loved this

lying faggot

Attached: 165189423147.png (1883x1463, 923.72K)

Nigger SquareEnix is a borderline shovelware company with their output

Attached: 1647357575850.jpg (1200x675, 103.05K)

It’s on gamepass if you has Xbox

racist

This game looked terrible, I recall waiting for the ugly gameplay demo to end at some stream

if m$ acquired eidos montreal I don't think I could handle it...

Attached: 1647822614386.png (236x224, 111.15K)

the only S-E games that flop are w*stern shits that they decided to publish for whatever reason

forgetting someone?

Attached: [email protected] (1392x884, 172.09K)

FF14 is literally the one game propping them up. Creative Business Unit III ,so far, isn't total shit.

>Creative Business Unit III ,so far, isn't total shit.
yeah, there's a reason they're the only CBU that puts their name in their trailers

>FF14 is literally the one game propping them up
if you ignore gacha

>Balan Wonderland
>Babylon's Fall
>Stranger of Paradise
>Forwoken about to be another massive bomb
Yes, it's all the evil westerner's fault, those j*ps never release horrible dogshit that nobody buys

Stranger of Paradise was good

sorry, correction: w*stern devs and attempts to appeal to w*sterners

those games are a fraction of the budget of shit like avengers, though.

Forspoken is pretty high budget though
I'm also not entirely convinced it's gonna bomb, seems like they're gonna market it a lot and there are so few worthwhile PS5 games it might have a chance
I'll still only pirate it at best, since the talentless hacks that made XV are involved I don't expect anything

>though

Attached: 1611232510664.png (463x489, 63.53K)

I'm still baffled heads didn't roll for the failure of Marvel's Avengers. That game should been THE money maker for Square Enix and Marvel now it's just a joke people bring up every now and then.
They botched such a big license

classic cope from SE and their faggot fanboys.

Attached: 958960.png (2174x230, 74.87K)

It was on sale recently on steam and it is available on gamepass so it had a bit of a surge.

I can't see it bombing, it is going for the ffxv audience and they are loving all the shit splattered on the screen.