Elden Ring

give your final Yea Forumserdict
7/10

Attached: image_2022-04-18_142041231.png (1920x987, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_faYl1qjvGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

N

pretty much 7/10

4/10
can't swim

>frame drops even after patch
>bad fashion souls
>overworld didnt feel distinct
>you can jump over attacks ? cool
>actually the longer you play the more bosses turn into perma attack machines
>have to wait and watch their performance end for 1 poke
>you never find anything bcs the best items are rewards
>of convoluted quests
>copy paste ruins/trees/dungeons
>13+ flasks and a cheat flasks bcs they know how badly designed some of the bosses are
>unsatisfying endings but thats a staple

thats why its a 7/10

i want to say 7 too but i spent too much time and had too much fun not to at least say 8. game is full of flaws big as a house that makes me scream but i have big hopes for what's coming.

7.5/10 that peaks really fucking high at times

9/10

Has its flaws, but in comparison to 95% of games out there it’s sublime.

i gave Sekiro a 7/10 as well bcs outside of the combat it didnt offer much

and even inside of the combat countering monster bosses with arbitrary prosthetics felt cheap and stupid if you are not going to incentivize me to try these tools to begin with

but overall i felt way more positively about Sekiro. its like 7/10 with a fat seal of approval
ad Elden Ring is just a disappointing 7/10

big hopes for Dragons Dogma 2

>big hopes for Dragons Dogma 2
no one other than Yea Forums hypes that thing up

like I said in another thread
7/10, that becomes a 5 if you have souls gameplay fatigue
if you say so

10/10, doesn’t get better than this.

YES ANOTHER ELDEN RING THREAD! OH BOY!

>no one other than Yea Forums hypes that thing up
omg WHAT? No no no no no don't tell me that... that... that REDDIT doesn't like DD? Journalists don't like DD??? No no no this can't be happening bros... please no...

Attached: 05473068dc9743f48c6c250d96627576f64304e5feed8b663feb649a45ce645c.png (960x958, 635.44K)

9/10 would be 10/10 if you could coop start to finish with a friend, not the objective based short form coop they have now.

Why 9/10 you may ask? Am I a fromspft cuck or soulsfag? No, I have never beat a soulsgame before. This game was the most engaging thing I have played in years, my first play of this game I played 10 and a half hours and time flew. I cannot recall having a session like that since I was in university which is 5 years ago. This game really nailed ex0lorati9n and challenge and progression. Fucking kino.

According to a recent poll with 302 individual IPs conducted, the average rating is around 7.8/10

Meaning crass haters are a very vocal minority, but less than 30% of the playerbase thought it's an outright masterpiece (9 and above).

I think about repeating the poll, since the methodology was a bit flawed and there were obvious trolls.

Attached: math.png (736x344, 21.99K)

Better than another smash thread honestly. You obviously aren't playing elden ring if you aren't participating in the threads, I don't know what to tell you. Kys, I guess.

Elden Ring is the greatest game ever made and the ever continuing anal annihilation it is providing to Yea Forums is a perpetual monument it’s greatness

9/10. I don't mind the repeated enemies but wish combat was faster, like in dark souls 3, and that the game was truly open and you could just skip to the last boss like in BOTW. Not being able to rematch bosses like in two is also a minus, but other than that, game is nearly perfect, I'mmsure the DLC will give it that missing point. I said before and I'll say it again, let us recolor our weapons and armor From damn it.

>>copy paste ruins/trees/dungeons
nigga said copy pasted trees and literally no one of the dungeons are copy pasted but i'm not surprised if you think open world games should all have unique trees

9/10 easily

“Copypasted trees” is the pinnacle of disingenuous criticism for the sake of criticism so far.

First playthrough was 7/10.
Replaying dropped it to 5/10.
Open world and repeated content sucks.

10/10 easy.

Attached: MENU_Knowledge_15270.png (1024x1024, 978.67K)

yea i missed it
make some announcement and then do a big poll

i was talking of the ruins and the trees that have the death rot enemy mini bosses (also copy paste)

Was going to shitpost but in all honestly it's not a bad game. It's the only good game I can list from recent releases. But, it's the weakest From game. If it did literally anything interesting that's new or even just better than their other titles I'd be sympathetic to the circlejerk, but it doesn't. No forward thinking concepts for their new IP, and lacking that it doesn't refine old ideas into better experiences. I want to just ignore it and let people enjoy it. And I'm sure someday I'll finish it and have some fun. But I am disappointed with it and more importantly the positive public reception and sales will tell From they did good and they'll make Elden Ring 2. Not the end of the world. I didn't think Dark Souls 3 did anything new either, but it wasn't 100 hours long with filler and kept me entertained. Guess me buying DS3 makes me part of the problem. Truly unique games just seem rarer these days and I've slowly stopped playing new games. Maybe that's a good thing or a me problem. I'll just go play DS1 again until someone makes a new game that feels different even if it's flawed. I don't even know what DS1 did that was so new, I don't think it was the first Metroidvania type world in 3D, but it had some spark they've been unable to recreate. Played PTDE only last year and then played all the other games in order so it's not nostalgia. How can I even be disappointed, why would they risk their fandom and sold copies by making an innovative but almost certainly flawed and unpolished game. So basically shazamsisters vindicated and Fromdrones seething and sneed.

I've sunk more hours into ER's base game than any of the previous games with their DLC.

They should have done something else with the combat system, the rolling formula is outdated
Reusing boss assets and double teaming is not new content
Summon ashes was a mistake
Input reading was a mistake
Multiplayer is worse than even, constant connection errors
6/10 from a Soulsfag

0/10
>bad frame rates
>bad community
>toxic dev mentality
>unwelcoming to new players
>no engaging story
>unreasonable grinding
>boring open world
>no gamechaning next gen fun

It was great /10. Just finished it but I don’t really have any desire to play again, unless i find that i missed something

Filtered.
Touch grace.

8/10 Definitely my favorite Fromsoft game. I just wished it wasn't so ridiculously difficult at times. If the bosses in this game had less health and slower, more telegraphed combos, like they had in DS1-3, It'd be perfect.

is this the bar for shitposts these days? Whatever I'm getting older so why should I yell at the teeny boppers for loving their shitty game. Hope you and your naked buckey guy on Reddit have fun fighting the stupid anime flipping lady and the other 8 unrecycled boss battles

youtu.be/_faYl1qjvGM

>souls combat is very tired and attempting to save it with more delayed attacks and combos just makes things annoying
>things feel flanderized in general
>forgettable music
>probably the worst story lore and npcs out of any of these games
>the game didn't have to be this big
>all the reused shit which at times just gets retarded (2 astels 2 godricks like 5 godskins)
>the pouch is a great addition people don't mention
>horse combat is boring and the horse itself is boring too
>tacked on crafting that also shits up your rewards (hi arteria leafs)
>no real sense of adventure though it was stupid to expect one
It's a 6/10 with a strong start and a very weak finish

Attached: 1650290253091.jpg (554x439, 37.84K)

>outdated
I don't understsand this criticism. The fuck are you supposed to do, skip rope around attacks?

6/10

6/10
Way way way to much reuse of enemies, bosses and areas.
Only a handfull of good bosses.
The worst PvP in any of the soulsborne games, incuding vanilla BB.
Horse combat is complete and utter garbage.
The majority of the open world aspects is just bringing it down.
The balance is trash. If you explore, you will be way to over leveled and geared.

They managed to freshen it up in bloodborne

Pros:
>Melania, Radahn
>talismans are really fun and there were a lot of cool abilities
>spirit ashes were okay I thought some were fun to fuck around with
>great weapons
>character dialogue is good
>horse

Cons:
>mountaintop of the giants
>crumbling farum azula
>most bosses are made for magic builds and not for strength
>weapon (level) scaling is inconsistent
>godskin duo
>last two areas of the game have a huge difficulty increase (I was 20 levels over leveled and still had trouble)
>the horse spinner dungeon
>bad loot in places you'd expect there to be good loot
>too many one shots
>later game bosses are bland and uninspired
>bosses aren't as iconic or memorable as the other souls games (besides dark souls 2)
>the open world ends up leading you to the wrong area
>areas are either too easy or way too hard no in between
>most bosses are boring and don't have memorable move patterns
>not enough +10 stones, in order to test out weapons in later game
8.5/10

Yea Forums‘s official verdict is 8/10 which is fine I gave it an 8.5 it definitely isn’t a 10/10 a 9/10 is the absolute highest you could rate it

So? What were they supposed to do in ER you cunt?

Attached: sp.jpg (993x606, 154.89K)

7.5/10
Good dame.
Just not great.
While I enjoyed the open world, I dont really feel it fits souls games.

10/10

10/10

7/10.
It was higher but the further I got the more I issues I started to have with it.

E-Elden ring? Didn’t that shit flop? 4/10

7/10
>colossal weapons are trash unless you spam jump attacks like a retard
>reusing bosses so much to the point you even start copy pasting "story" bosses
>balance all over the place and huge difficulty spike out of nowhere once reaching the mountains
>make the same game 6 times and still refuse to fix basic bugs such as enemies attacking you through walls
>ashes summons should have never been a thing and boss fights should have balanced without considering them
>fall damage completely random and unpredictable
>bleed and frostbite make any other status effect redundant with how good they are
other than that, it's alright

complete disinterest/6

it's hard to rate this game in comparison to the rest of the series because of how fucking huge it is, it's simultaneously the best and the worst souls game

6/10
The open world is fucking SHIT. The rest of the towns and dungeons are decent. Could've been the best souls game if the open world didn't exist in such a pointlessly bloated state. Best bosses, weapons, spells and armor of any souls games.

>explore the open world map for 80+ hours only to find a bunch of crap and useless summons in dungeons all the while struggling to find enough upgrade materials
>all the good talismans and best upgrade mats are handed to you in mandatory dungeons anyway

Fuck do I know? I don't get paid to come up with this shit. Literally copying bloodborne would've already been better than what we got

7/10
starts off strong but gets weaker by the end even if it still has it moments

Throw yourself into a thresher you fucking faggot.

kys

What the fuck is a “elden ring”? Anyway y’all ready for starfield?

Never play Nioh, your 2 braincell are getting fried if you do fromtranny

I doubt... you could even imagine it.
>See a bunch of Skeletons guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Poisonbloom in that corpse.
That which commanded the stars.
>See a bunch of Poison Mushrooms guarding a corpse, kill them and find an Arteria Leaf in that corpse
Giving life... its fullest brilliance.
>See a bunch of Wolves guarding two corpses, kill them and find a Glowstone and a Golden Rune (1) in those corpses.
THE ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Bats guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse. Exact same thing happens less than 5 minutes later.
OOOOOHHHHH, ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Highwaymen guarding a chest, kill them and find 5 Mushrooms in that chest.
Shattered...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding two corpses, kill them and find 3 Ruin Fragments and a Large Club in those corpses.
By someone...
>See a Giant Miranda Flower and a bunch of small Miranda Flowers guarding two corpses, kill them and find an Immunizing Cured Meat and a Golden Rune (2) in those corpses.
Or something...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Hefty Beast Bone in that corpse.
Don't tell me... you don't see it...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find Crab Eggs in that corpse.
LOOK UP AT THE SKY!
>See a Big Land Octopus and a bunch of small Land Octopuses guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse.
It burns...

10/10, I fucking love this game.

“Elden ring”? Ohhh that game those pajeets were shilling on Reddit?