What do you think of the Nintendo Switch and it's library so far?

What do you think of the Nintendo Switch and it's library so far?

Attached: 60.jpg (750x422, 19.78K)

pretty neat, still no Prime 4 but we got Dread, Kinoblade remastered with a third game coming out on september and Fire Emblem Fates but actually good

Attached: 1650283557219.jpg (600x600, 87.39K)

It amazing and is only going to get better also just bought YS ix and was wondering if any of the others are worth playing

Attached: 20211205_191725.jpg (1685x949, 61.63K)

>BotW is great, also got a fine LA remake and a solid SS remaster
>Splatoon 2 is basically the same thing as the first one, which means it's just as good, and there's a third one coming out in a few months
>Odyssey is a fun romp with really good movement, and almost every other mainline Mario game is on the Switch now too
>Metroid Dread is a nice return to form for the series and revived the fandom. Not a masterpiece but solid.
>Luigi's Mansion 3 actually is a masterpiece and the prettiest Switch game
>Pokemon was shit at first but it seems like they're finally starting to get it together
>FE3H is kinda trashy in presentation but the huge roster of units are all fun and you have a ton of room to min max shit, which is what counts
>I don't play Xenoblade but it seems like the series is really hitting its stride on the Switch
>Is kind of a beast as a random port machine, has nearly every Wii U game worth a damn
>Smash Ultimate is Smash Ultimate, what is there to really say
Pretty decent

Attached: 1648460262965.gif (498x373, 2.42M)

Good bang for your bux, good library.

Would really like to see some Wii ports though.

MADWORLD, Nintendo. I'll pay you.

>No Batman
>No Metal Gear
>Worst ports of already existing games
>Only around 2-5 first party original games worth playing
Eh it's alright, I got by with less on the Wii U.

Pretty fun. Wish some of the DS games would get seuqls for it though SQ Next fucking never.

The fuck do you wanna play Batman on the Switch for?

>Only around 2-5 first party original games worth playing
A lot more than that

A handful of decent first party titles held back by being on an inferior technology.

A large collection of shitty kidgame first party titles.
An even bigger collection of shitty shovelware games - as is tradition for Nintendo.
Shit major third party supporty.

it's a pretty subjective thing

It's pretty good I think, maybe not utterly amazing but there are enough good games there to make it worthwhile, which is more than I can say about its console competition.

with cfw it's bretty good
i hate the joycons though, great idea but they are starting to fail on me

>No Batman
And you care why?

Pretty good. Though if Squeer would just give me a fucking port of all their older games - not the fucking remaster/remade trash - I'd be a lot happier.

Attached: 1641281129880.jpg (1280x720, 243.09K)

I only have the following games:
>MK8
I think it's the best MK. Lots of tracks and they're all lengthier, lots of karts and characters. I even get to play it local because of the Switch's joycons.
>BotW
Great. Amazing interactivity. It was already easy from the beginning and getting powers and equipment only made it even easier, also have some complaints like not being able to save your bear mounts.
>Snipperclips
Very fun for parties and for people of different ages.
>Metroid Dread
Great. Bad loading
>Streets of Rage 4
My favorite game on the Switch.
>Hades
I didn't like it, but the controls are pretty tight.
>Wasteland 2
A very bad port. It was only made to milk the game. The game itself is okay, I had fun with my time with it.

I didn't get Xenoblade Chronicles, because I already have it for my New 3DS. I wanted to buy House of the Dead, but I heard that it wasn't really good.

Solid library of exclusives, which I think thus far includes a lot of the best entries into their respective series.

I like its library, if you catch my drift

Attached: switch deck.jpg (2349x1564, 565.15K)

There's no excuse for not allowing you to carry over Virtual Console items from Wii/WiiU, especially shit like GBA games. Nintendo just ate everyone's money and said "no refunds".

Bad remakes on Switch are slowly killing me. Kowloon was great at least.

Attached: 1280x720.png (1278x720, 1.61M)

>runs Switch games WORSE than the Switch does

Steam Deck is such a disappointment. Remember when people were saying "60fps BotW2 Day 0"?

Pretty great. Too many games have been coming out for me to buy and the backlog is pretty sizeable.

Erm is this the kinoconsole?

The only thing that is appealing about the Switch to me is that it got a ton of older games and remaster ported to it and I can play them portable in bed. I don't have a single Nintendo game, but I played various Genesis classics, got through Doom 64 on Watch Me Die, and I have my eyes on various other digital games. On the other hand I haven't played my Switch for awhile since I've been playing with my Vita more.

Attached: toki-lvl3-part4boss_7q2x.jpg (1280x720, 205.85K)

There's something for everyone.

Switch OLED worth it? I mostly play in handheld mode and my joycons broke.
Been using V1 for many years now, since launch.

Just don't wanna regret upgrading to OLED if a newer Switch comes out

It have botw and uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh

Post yours or opinion discarded

Just fix your joycon and homebrew your v1

I bought an OLED last month and I play almost exclusively handheld mode.
The better contrast, colors and sound quality is noticeable, but you have to ask yourself if you're willing to pay the price difference just for that. Other than that, the console is exactly the same as the older models.
I've read the joycon quality has improved a bit in this version, but it's way too soon for me to judge.

Pretty good, especially since I didn't have a wii u. They really should make another top-down zelda though.

It's an embarassment of a console, missing numerous features that, in 2022, should be unnacceptable, it's weak to the point where decade old ports (which happen to be the majority of the it's library) are having trouble running on it and don't even get me started on the atrocious online.
Still have fun with it and play it constantly though.

Attached: IaPnGcd.png (768x432, 271.14K)

Game selection is good. UI sucks. Online sucks. Could be better, but I enjoy using it. Also helps that a bunch of niche games come to the platform. Not sure if I want to buy the NIS collections yet.

I used to say the same about the Vita.

That was always a bit unrealistic, given how complex emulation is, even my PC can't run some games on Yuzu perfectly. I'm still impressed how good it works already. For now I'll still use my Switch to play Nintendo games, mostly because I love using joycons and tabletop mode.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-18 150750.jpg (2296x1168, 397.72K)

I wonder if the whole thing about Vietnam-made controllers being better in quality than China-made ones is true.

It has 3 good games: Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity and Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. Soon to be joined by Three Hopes

It's probably the greatest library in gaming history.

The best Nintendo console without a doubt. It has an insane library.

I like it but there are several games that are missing

>No Twilight Princess/Windwaker ports after fucking 5 years
>No Super Mario RPG Seven Stars so far in their shitty service
>No GB/GBC/Advance games

Still, probably the best Nintendo console even if the majority of their games are Wii U ports

Attached: Mini-ShokaNeutral.png (500x500, 53.12K)

I don't own one. I only cared about Xenoblade and Smash for Nintendo. Emulated Smash, realized that I'm sick of it. Emulated Xenoblade, realized that I'm as into it as I used to be. They have no other games I'm interested in. Mario, I got tired of after Galaxy. BOTW, I played on my Wii U. It was okay. Don't care about 3D Pokemon or non-games like Animal Crossing. My overall opinion is it doesn't have much to offer especially if you had a Wii U.

hot take incoming, but i love the joycons. the switch is the first console that actually makes shooters playable. regarding the library, i think i own around 60 or so games and i've been pretty pleased with most of them. great console, excellent convenience. i hope nintendo's future consoles give more of the same experience.

>love the joycons

Found the nintendo employee

>even if the majority of their games are Wii U ports
This isn't true in the slightest

It is

No.

they are incredibly comfortable and being able to use gyro aiming with only your right hand is so much better than having to twist around a full controller or, god forbid, the fucking wii u pad.

>I didn't get Xenoblade Chronicles, because I already have it for my New 3DS.

user...

>What do you think of the Nintendo Switch and it's library so far?
Better than the past 2 generations of Nintendo, Sony and MS consoles generally.
Could be better like how the last two Mario Sports games have been pretty lackluster, or how they can't just put a normal Warioware title out again
But all in all, it's gotten a pretty consistent supply of good first party titles and some solid third party support, particularly in the genres I enjoy.
So pretty good, all in all.
PS2 and DS are still #1 for me, just for how many fucking exclusive and incredible titles they had in fucking every genre under the sun

lol lmao

>console
bad
>library
decent, not great

Why are you wasting your time replying to someone who complains about not enough ports while also whining about "too many ports"?

Realistically if you people wanna emulate BOTW they should just use CEMU which runs the game flawlessly and you can easily make it look way better than the switch version anyways. That's the only way I play it on my pc currently since Shitendo didn't realize BOTW is a game that should have ran on better hardware for a more immersive experience

>BOTW is a game that should have ran on better hardware for a more immersive experience

lol

yeah i bet you love immersing yourself as a crossdressing little faggot elf, don't you

Middling. Too many ports and milquetoast entries that won't be remembered as anything special in 10 years time. Barely any worthwhile original IPs, unlike with the DS and Wii which had several (TWEWY, 999, Xenoblade, Ghost Trick, Layton etc.) which are still remembered and adored today.

>Streets of Rage 4
>BotW
Play Rival City and SMTV

yeah TWEWY was remembered so fondly that the sequel flopped so fucking hard.

largest exclusives catalog
I don't give a shit about 90% of them

It's all I'vee been playing for the past two an a half years. Outside of the weird indie game or mobile game made by friends of mine.

So I'm happy with it.
Certainly suits my needs.

Keep friendly reminding: Emulatorfags for tranny and irreverent zoomie

It's my main system. I don't feel like i'm missing out on anything special that isn't on the system besides maybe Elden Ring.

Wasn’t that due to piss-poor marketing? I’ve seen fans of OG TWEWY not even be aware that a sequel even existed.