"realistic" graphics

Why are devs so obsessed with realistic graphics? The matrix UE shit was hot garbage and was uncanny valley as shit. Not to mention all the realistic graphic fidelity get easily mogged by games with good art styles and direction like No Straight Roads or Elden Ring

Attached: 20220418_194621.jpg (1150x2048, 315.98K)

>Why are devs so obsessed with realistic graphics?
Because more graffix = more good, duh

Visual medium, dipshit

The importance of graphics has greatly decreased since the early 00s. People used to jerk off about graphics far more back then, nowadays it's basically viewed as a neat feature and no longer as a selling point.

Attached: 1643795508438.webm (1706x1920, 2.96M)

i.e not you LMAO

and obviously not (you)

If that were true then shitty remakes like pic related wouldn't exist. This game also has horrendous sound design its like they focused everything on graphics and cheaped out on the sound by using a generic sound bank

Attached: images (5).jpg (194x260, 12.1K)

I'm here before Miyeon-user. Also asian girls are the cutest.

>rent paid for another month

It has less to do with graphics and more with availability on modern platforms

Graphics peaked in the early 2000's

Attached: 1643622332588.webm (540x960, 2.85M)

There was not a single good looking game from the 2000s that wasn't from Nintendo

Because it requires no creativity, you can get any contractor company to give you "realistic" visuals and people will lap it up.

what happened to best girl poster?

He still posts here, probably got banned for offtopic posting because that's basically all he does I guess.

Attached: 1633244190474.webm (608x1080, 2.89M)

>keplel

Who's best girl supposed to be?

Investors who don't play video games are impressed by them

Saria from Ocarina of Time.

Miyeon

Attached: 1621060400062.png (650x400, 280.08K)

they look like they fuck white guys

Oh, so I was right in assuming you meant miyeonbro. While I do like her, she's not even best girl in her group kek.

Games that have shit graphics get shit on by normalfags, to the degree of people not even buying it.
Idk normalfags are weird.

gidle foreign line > gidle korean line

White girls fuck dogs
Coincidentally Americans are called mutts
Makes you think

Normalfags like "realism" so

Can't hide from realism forever, tendie.

Attached: Nanite.webm (800x412, 2.71M)

If I give you the real answer, will you people stop making similar threads?
The reason is realism is the least offensive art style ever.
Realism is something that everybody see everyday, so nobody will hates it.
If you choose any certain art style, it will only cater to people that like that art style.

In short, video games are treated as a min maxing business now, and the companies are constantly experimenting to see what gives them the maximum profits.

Soulless city. Uncanny valley. No gameplay value. No wonder nintendo games consistently sell 20M on a single console compared to a other AAA shitters onnmultiplat

Sigh, i shouldnt have expected the weebs and furries of this board to understand the appeal of real women.

>Sigh, i shouldnt have expected the weebs and furries of this board to understand the appeal of real women.

Attached: 1645886080255.png (168x200, 28.47K)

It's clearly pic related

Attached: 1626020542060.webm (576x720, 2.82M)

I would like her way more if she'd stop forcing her hilariously bad english into every song. The lyrics she writes barely make sense and her english rap, if you can even call it that, straight up ruined Tomboy and My Bag because of how bad it was. Also, best girl is obviously Minnie.

Attached: 1615278658766.jpg (1440x1800, 343.51K)

>play Red Faction
>"boy I can't wait for the future when more games have stuff like this"
and... now we have shinier graphics that only see small improvements over time. No one wants to work towards more efficient physics or destructible environments.

Attached: Red-Faction-Geomod[1].jpg (1280x720, 108.14K)

The same reason movies have tons of explosions and cg in it so its easily marketable to normalfags.
Normalfags don't care about gameplay mechanics or good narratives they care about visuals that's what they were conditioned to consume since childhood.
Also I used sage on this thread use a better picture next time that has actually something to do with the topic.

Attached: hate the clown.jpg (569x360, 34.29K)

Grafix gud

Do people actually like kpop? Only liking how the girls look I can somewhat understand, but listening to objectively the worst music type?

They're obsessed with realistic graphics because that's the only thing their game has going. Everything else about it ficking sucks.

Love it unironically.
Listened to pic related because it kept getting shilled and never looked back.

Attached: 1619125128951.png (1772x1772, 2.92M)

I only listen to a few groups, but I genuinely enjoy what they put out, yes.

Attached: 16557438744543.jpg (1800x1200, 395.95K)

Ah the "you're just a white roastie" cope. Can I ask an honest question? Why do you people spam off-topic Asian women? I get that you personally like Asian women but why do you spam it? Are you trying to push an agenda?

SOUL

Because this is an imageboard,I like posting appealing pictures and appealing pictures of Asian women are easy to find on here. I couldn't care less about who you want to procreate with, there's plenty of white girls I find attractive as well.

Attached: 1641895316164.jpg (1080x1080, 224.64K)

Kpop is unironically some of the best music you can get on the pop scene. Sure, there's plenty of trash, but you rarely get to see as much creativity and interesting musical decisions outside of Asia.

I need a cute korean gf so much bros...

Attached: Screenshot_20220415-213701_Instagram.jpg (1078x1360, 1.18M)

>Because this is an imageboard,I like posting appealing pictures and appealing pictures of Asian women are easy to find on here
I could understand this but why specifically/v/? Why not Yea Forums? This is what I don't get why this board when there is a board that's much more appropriate?

Cool TV

>Why are devs so obsessed with realistic graphics?
Because the majority of gamers are since 2007. Realism is everything. At all times they need to relate. As time goes on graphics become more photo realistic and everything that goes with that has to be as everyday as their lives are. They want characters to be realistic looking humans who wear "a t-shirt, with jeans or something." because those designs are "practical" they "make sense" it's more "realistic this way."
It has gotten to the point where "but that's more realistic though" is accepted as some sort of final argument on the matter.
>wow bro why are all the female characters in games now just wearing the same Lara Croft Tank top, jeans into boots outfit?
>because it's more realistic? Why would she wear dumb anime clothes in this realistic setting? Look at the graphics. It's actually WAY better now than it was before.
>huh i guess it is isn't it.
Today's self insert player needs to be confronted with something they see on the street every single day or they can't seem to project themselves onto it and will just tell you how dumb video game characters used to look.

Attached: A53586D7-2542-444D-A0E5-AC2378138061.jpg (1080x1920, 143.18K)

Attached: 268F2519-BF69-4631-A453-C5EEC5A5BC55.png (320x320, 223.57K)

Shouldn't matter what pictures you use unless it's NSFW or your post along with it is massively off-topic. Using Asian women as a reaction/OP pic has been a thing ever since this board started. I don't see what's offensive about it. This thread has been mostly on-topic. If you seriously hate threads like this so much, you should just not click them or hide them.

Attached: 1618919659386.jpg (1200x1800, 216.68K)

Yes but why the VIDEOGAME BOARD? Especially when there are other boards more suited to it like Yea Forums. At this point I really am sure that you guys are trying to push an agenda.

Yes, we are secretly all a bunch of Discordtrannies paid by JIDF to push yucky Asian women on a bunch of maladjusted losers who love video games and are thus more prone to date out of their race. Hunter Biden is also involved somehow

Attached: 1619130384228.webm (484x700, 1M)

>At this point I really am sure that you guys are trying to push an agenda.
Don't act like asian girls are the only off topic thing being posted on this board. Or are you ignoring those on purpose to push your own agenda here? It's been a thing forever, deal with it or apply as a janny if you hate it so much. You're already acting the part.

I wonder if he's new and thinks you are only allowed to post pictures of video games on the video game board

Dodging the question are we? Why the videogame board, user? Just answer this

>Don't act like asian girls are the only off topic thing being posted on this board.
When did I say that? Everybody knows that shills and wannabe trollposters fill this board with off topic.

Cute asian girls are the cutest. Miyeon best girl!

Attached: 1535900330310.webm (1920x1080, 1.26M)

user, I think your heart might be in the right place but I don't think you have any idea how insanely spergy and gay you are acting right now.
FINALLY!

Attached: 1625218027329.webm (676x1080, 2.82M)

the one actively pushing the offtopic discussion in this thread is you. be the change you want to be and discuss graphics

Did you finally wake up?

Attached: 1649863365663.webm (1474x1920, 2.97M)

>user, I think your heart might be in the right place but I don't think you have any idea how insanely spergy and gay you are acting right now.
Can you just tell me why it needs to be in the videogame board?

Joke's on you, I only needed to pee and I'm going right back to sleep!
Holidays sure are nice.

Attached: 1607481374194.webm (984x1800, 2.44M)

>You can't call out off-topic without being off-topic yourself
Yeah sure, go fuck yourself.

Ask OP, my first post here was
And for the last time, there is no rule as to what your reaction pic has to look like, no matter what board you are on, other than NSFW-shit.

Attached: 1644197639267.webm (640x556, 2.86M)

it was mostly on-topic until your sperging about real women began

Yeah I'm not stupid, user. The same type of strategy is used by Blackedposters and loliposters to get around off-topic.

>Yeah I'm not stupid, user.
user, I....

Have a nice nap then Miyeonbro!

Attached: FHszNcYaQAUzdS8.jpg (2048x2048, 558.02K)