Was it good?

was it good?

Attached: 61w+pP+yqKL.jpg (500x437, 88.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xYFUtAOb2Xo&list=PLw29P0WsprpudK2jpp_Rt0UJQh7ka3xRO&index=31
youtu.be/Am786tV7otc?t=161
litter.catbox.moe/av2pci.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=DTWfwoMk2pQ&list=PLw29P0WsprpudK2jpp_Rt0UJQh7ka3xRO&index=33
youtu.be/iK2UT801wbo?t=880
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

janky boomer trash just play world

It was the best game in the series.

Map design had a bunch of issues, with ledges being annoying at times, slopes fucking you over and the Volcanic Hollow being absolute shit, Guild Quest system was a good idea that didn't get executed as well as it should have, but overall the game is amazing.

it was fantastic, worldsperm seethe at the mention of it

>is 4 but better
nothing personel

Attached: 1527253491t.jpg (369x600, 87K)

The last truly great MonHun and my favorite. I miss this franchise so much.

>is 4 but with all the movesets split apart and fucked up for the shitty styles system and all the cool monster intros ripped out
fixed

It was the best.

yes

A great last MH game

It was great, was sadly never ported to pc or higher res consoles and emulating it is annoying because of second screen.

Really is a shame.

XX, 3U and Raissu are better

No. It was and still is the best.

loved it, except for the expedition system, it just wasn't fun exploring that bland mystery dungeon-lite area for crummy equipment reskins with randomized stats, I know that SOUNDS good, but in practice it felt really lackluster.

the main game content outside of it is fantastic though, and it has some of the best elder fights in the series that I'm sad may never return.

>they ported GenU instead of 4u to the Switch
CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 130.34K)

>Chad games, there's always a reason to go back to it
Dos, seasons
Tri/3U, Swimming
XX, Prowlers Hunter Arts and Styles
Rise, Wirebugs
>Virgin games, replaced by the newest game in the series. The only reason to go back to one is because "this was my first muh sovl"
G
FU
P3rd
4U
World

I think only Gog and Dala are unlikely to ever return, I think, maybe Dahren too. And of those three only Gogmazios was an actual good fight. Dahren was a nice spectacle, and the G-rank version that spawned near the boat in the second phase was the best variant of it, but it's still a boring fight after the first few times. Dalamadur is a shitshow with janky jumps and the single worst drop in the existence of Monster Hunter.
I like the weapons at least.

Your post doesn't make any sense, take your meds.

I liked how it handled the story, every monster game is good. it's just which one you like more.

My favorite. Combat was fun, there was more story but not too much story, lots of different monsters (spiders, snakes, sharks, not just your usual dragons), different maps, no ugly retarded girl following you everywhere and speaking all the time, no arts, even the je suis montee stuff didn't bother me too much. Only things I didn't like were the shitty 3ds controls ruining the experience and the apex monsters.
>inb4 nintenbabby
I started with mh portable on psp, and my favorite used to be freedom unite until 4u came out.

The last monster hunter game before the normies ruined it

Attached: file.png (600x902, 753.6K)

>tetsucabra
>nerscylla
>Najaralalala (fuck you corn snake)
>gore magala and shiny version
>Seltas gattai mecha bug combat
>Zamitros being a goofy motherfucker despite looking edgy to start
So many of 4's new monsters were great, and didn't give a fuck about skeleton reuse.

Emulating is perfect, runs at stable 60 fps unlike the original hardware even at crazy high resolutions, and works flawlessly even with the user made HD mod, and online works better than on original hardware as well. If you think an official PC or Switch port would be even remotely as good as that you're delusional.

>when you create a questline so good almost every following game repeats it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144.71K)

yes, this was a fucking excellent game.
got pretty deep into hunting with a couple of my bros. my hand never forgave me though, playing without the 3ds addon thing for it

The only game that has pic related, therefore it's the only good one

Attached: 1648441256579.jpg (960x911, 99.36K)

That extra joystick attachment was a fucking lifesaver. Still recommend it over the new 3ds nub.

It was painful to play on a fucking (old) 2DS, I can say that much

The reason these games were fun was the janky controls. Emulating them is boring. Im tired of pretending that having 'better' controls equals a better game.

i would have killed for even the nub, unfortunately i played on an og 3ds.
actual pain in the ass to claw hand

>having 'better' controls equals a better game.
it does tho

shut up retard

Attached: 25425445.png (718x748, 469.72K)

Awful maps, half of the weapons were bad, GQ system sucked, wystones sucked, all the new monsters were early to midgame and lategame was just a Dos nostalgia circlejerk
Still fun despite that but I only ever go back to it to experience GS/IG at their peak

>but I only ever go back to it to experience GS/IG at their peak
This is honestly why I kind of like the awful balancing in MH, it gives you more of a reason to revisit older titles and makes each game feel more distinct.

>peak GS
That's not GU Valor GS

>toad with satisfying breakable fangs
>spider that ropes you into the dance of death
>annoying ass corn snake
>Jaws
>based Steve the headless chicken
>queen and her annoying ass drone that combine like they're some sort of anime mech
>virus spewing piece of shit that becomes a super Saiyan moth
>tar spewing piece of shit that's really fun to fight
>pic related
And the most fearsome beast of all
>Konchu
God I loved the 4th gen. Such fantastic additions and that didn't even include Gens.

Attached: 1600624264048.png (500x449, 167.04K)

Valor GS was fucking awful, combos weren't as satisfying as 4U GS because the roundswing was nerfed and you start off right from the strong charge, there was never any thought involved about whether to sheathe or not on an opening like 4U GS had, and hold Y to auto dodge and sheathe made the weapon completely braindead and free of any risk or consequence unless you were a truly massive fuckup

Clonk

Attached: Konchu.gif (500x281, 339.08K)

>my hand never forgave me though, playing without the 3ds addon thing for it
I played it with a New 3DS and that fucking nub was cancer, I wish a painful death on whoever designed that piece of shit.

And you fight them all in the first 5 hours of the game and then never see them again. I don't get why Fujioka's team keeps doing this when making new monsters closer to flagship level in strength is way more fun.

Die in a pit you annoying beach ball.

Good news, Iwata no longer walks this earth.

Because why would you make people slog through heaps of garbage to get to the fun new monsters while simultaneously devaluing iconic flagships by having way too many high-level monsters in the same game? MH rosters should ideally be structured like a pyramid.

Big step down from 3U, mainly due to the huge amount of shitty older monsters included instead of the far superior third gen designs. The lack of a Wii U version has also hurt the game in the long run, as emulating 3U via Cemu is the perfect way to experience the game but 4U is stuck with shitty 3DS emulation.

>The reason these games were hard was the janky controls.
Ftfy
Imagine the shock when I first played MHFU on a big screen with a proper controller and realized how incredibly easy the game is and how every monster has retarded patterns that can easily be cheesed especially with hammer and GS once I can actually see what they're doing instead of fighting the camera and tiny screen the entire game.

>huge amount of shitty older monsters included instead of the far superior third gen designs
lmao, third gen monsters are trash.

What loop of contrarianism are we on again now that we're in 5.5th gen? It's hard to keep track honestly.

How the fuck do you go from this
youtube.com/watch?v=xYFUtAOb2Xo&list=PLw29P0WsprpudK2jpp_Rt0UJQh7ka3xRO&index=31
To this
youtu.be/Am786tV7otc?t=161
In 4U it goes straight into gameplay BTW, no cut or fade at all.

Attached: 1369023008798.png (413x451, 163.03K)

Really?
Last I checked online for 4U specifically was complete ass because the game would disconnect you every time someone suffered a frame drop.

4U spoiled us

world at least got this spot on

Third gen monsters are pathetically slow, typically have easily accessible and uninteresting weak points, and movesets that aren't challenging or interesting to deal with mechanically at all.

>Killing that colossal motherfucker with my friends online
>actually feels like a big dick achievement, getting into G rank and being a proper hunter

Imagine looking at monsters in movesets, hitzones and frame data instead of animations and designs.

Are you sure you're not talking about 2nd gen monsters instead?

litter.catbox.moe/av2pci.mp4

>interesting to deal with mechanically at all.
as opposed to 80% of earlier gen monsters?

Seltas did it so very right, early bug you don't think about too much, and then suddenly here comes it's wife and they're combining into a motherfucking spider tank

>go online
>everyone's mount line was either a rape joke or 'hold my beer'
god that brings me back

it started most the problems modern mh is plagued with. shitty map design, an awful obsession with "infinite" end game, skill bloat, awful weapon balance and the horrible focus on story with never ending paragraphs of fluff dialouge

2nd gen monsters are janky and have too much copy paste but 3rd gen monsters had just as many copy pasted animations while also just being braindead mash fests. The 4th gen remakes of 1st and 2nd gen monstesr were amazing.

I agree with everything you said and still think it's the best game

G rank? Don't you mean master rank haha Jesus Christ Capcom change it back next generation. Master rank is soulless as fuck.

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=DTWfwoMk2pQ&list=PLw29P0WsprpudK2jpp_Rt0UJQh7ka3xRO&index=33
youtu.be/iK2UT801wbo?t=880

the new gaijin audience is too small-brained to understand a name as esoteric as "G-rank"

>worst maps
>worst weapon balance
>worst gimmicks
>worst "end game"
the only reason it was even popular was because it was the first Monhun in the west with easily available multiplayer

>The 4th gen remakes of 1st and 2nd gen monstesr were amazing.
They barely fucking touched them, most of those monsters still have "turn my entire body into a hitbox with no telegraphing whatsoever" type attacks, they're complete shit.

name 1 monster hunter game that doesn't have bad maps, bad weapon balance, an intrusive gimmick, and a shitty endgame

>imagine judging a game based on gameplay instead of graphics

what intrusive gimmicks did pre-tri games have?

doesn't matter because 4U still is the worst in all those aspects

your blinded by nostalgia then, since the monster roster is also complete trash, trying to nostalgia bait fu players by being filled with nothing but gen1 shitmons and 4u was also the start of the massive decline in the online player base. we ent from tri which was filled with players that' while willing the give newer players tips and help then' would not tolerate beggars and would rightfully kick shitters looking to get carried. Ill give tyou this though, shagura magala is the best flagship in the series and has the best theme in the series.

>They barely fucking touched them
You know nothing about this series, shut the fuck up. They all got significant changes to animation speeds, movement, AI, attack tracking, as well as a ton of new moves and animations in general. I bet you think they're still the same monsters just because they still have a fast startup charge and 90 degree turns.
The anticipation, having to plan ahead for what a monster can do is part of what makes MH combat mechanically interesting, and 3rd gen monsters lack this entirely.

Tri. Small roster but filled with unique fleshed out monsters with tight hitboxes, the maps are great, both visually and gameplay wise, each weapon is good and it got rid of the redundant gimmick weapons, the game doesnt dwell on a shitty infinite endgame for zoomers, you beat alatreon and thats it, you had a great time and will remember your experience forever instead of being bombarded with "FIGHT THIS MONSTER BUT NOW THEY ARE 10X FASTER AND ALSO ONE HIT KILL U??? LMAO"