Obligatory "where do I start" thread

Obligatory "where do I start" thread

Attached: 9b6478967c96fa50d48fb416628533eb.jpg (946x1839, 287.33K)

the first one
or if you don't/can't handle it being ps1 games start with the ps2 trinity

a runway

0 4 5 7, any of them

1, 4, 5 or 7 are the best entry points. They're all good you can't really go wrong.

Do the PS2 games still emulate like hot garbage?

4->5->0->7->Project Wingman

Start with 4, then play 5, Zero, 6 and 7. Play the earlier ones if you want, but make sure you play the fan translation (ProjectNemo) version of 3. Listen to the Assault Horizon soundtrack whenever you want.

The PS2 games.
>4 isn't that great but its the start of the boom. IIRC its the most finnicky to emulate of the PS2 trio. Good thing its pretty short
>I forgot about 5, kinda long IIRC
>Zero is great
>Haven't played 6
>7 is great
>Project Wingman is great, and do not play HAWX

If you are an essentialFag then 4 -> 5 -> Zero -> 7.
Connoisseur-tier is: 2 -> 3 JP release with English patch -> 4 -> 5 -> Zero -> X1 -> 6 -> 7.

Attached: frNyH.jpg (3132x2088, 719.56K)

Attached: 1535496927446.jpg (1500x3500, 1.44M)

tldr give the the gist senpai

I really want to play as the Yukes in 8.

Thanks fren

2 or 3 if you don't mind ps1 graphics, otherwise 4.

anything one would need to know about 2 before playing it?
like how 3's us version was butchered and only many years later was subtitled in english by fans?

That should be updated to give credit to the AH soundtrack. It's 100% worth a listen.

Zero sucks major dick and the music is trash. Yea Forums only likes it for the shitty FMVs.

Attached: unknown-31-1 (1).png (2760x836, 604.31K)

play with the expert controls

being a contrarian is not a substitute for having a personality

Exactly, how anyone could pretend to like such garbage is beyond me, and the entire board is on it.

it's over

started on 1 and went up to 7, 6 runs shit in the 360 emu, finishing 7 dlc right now with torres crispy sheets boi, then I'll have to play the psp one and play project wingman since heard its amazing. Can't wait to see what are they baking in the owen with 8, same with armored core.

I tried to get through AH just to say that I beat it and the gameplay was fucking awful, I ragequit after 3 missions because it was just that shit to play

back when i couldnt play ac4 or 5 because the pcsx2 emulator was fucked i bought ah and played through the campaign and thought it was good though i definitely hated the non-fighter missions because of how poorly designed they were
that missle mission tore my shit up too because of how it was designed too with the blast from the rocket actually damaging your plane

I was having fun with Shattered Skies until the very last level. What the fuck those are some tight maneuvers. I never finished that level after doing fine on everything else. No other game level has such a jump in difficulty.
t. only played 4

I played through all of it. Don't ask me why.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2022.04.18 - 11.31.07.94.png (1071x204, 248K)

>6 runs shit in the 360 emu
Xenia depends very heavily on the GPU. The recent updates have increased its performance a lot at 720p.

same shit happens in every game
consider yourself filtered nerd

Won't deny it. Still was incredibly fun.

You don't. Play some actual plane games.

Attached: 1643035168397.gif (340x255, 2.19M)

prez best girl

Attached: prez.png (1240x1754, 1.51M)

Maybe for PW, but for AC, it's gotta be Stonehenge mommy

Attached: __deanna_mconie_ace_combat_and_1_more_drawn_by_ndtwofives__9d7f48c61af4a00989bb87d02f71e215.jpg (1618x1099, 486.48K)

7 honesty. Nothing against the PS2 games but I think it gives the best first impression for someone unfamiliar with the series. Unless you already are comfortable emulating in which case it's really up to you.

DANCE WITH THE ANGELS

So I heard they can never re-release these games, due to licensing issues. Is that true?

>HE is here...

Feels good to be 360 chad

Play in cockpit mode. The HUD data is actually useful for the pitch/roll indicators. For example, the circle with 3 lines is your actual flight path, there the W symbol is where your nose is pointed.

You can pretty easily fuck with the HEX files or use cheat engine to increase the cockpit FOV, I'd say the game is much more fun in cockpit mode.

Attached: main-qimg-609e9daf1505a77a6a624963c013be2d.gif (549x412, 41.73K)

the only one no one can play is 6 and that's because 360 emulation hasnt been developed to a point where it can be considered playable

I can play it

Rate my planefu and skin

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 64.01K)

360 died years ago, but I still have my AC6 copy... I really don't want to buy an Xbone solely to play a single game, BUT

You might as well jump to the end, because this is where all ace combat trannies end up

Attached: noose.jpg (1100x619, 29.05K)

>play in cockpit mode
>for an arcade game
>for children

you serious?

Attached: baby.jpg (392x472, 43.07K)

It makes it feel like you're flying a plane more

Don't engage with DCSautist-kun.

AC4 is by far the best game in the series. 3 (JP), 0, 6 and 7 are also worth your time. AC5 is pure garbage.

Make sure you play Skies of Deception as well.

Go fly with the angels, buddy.

there, i fixed it

Attached: stupid cringey garbage.jpg (3519x1227, 701.66K)

>completely ignores how to play the games ('oh yah graphical issues which i won't explain', "great experiences", buy an original console because that's a normal thing to do for a new series)
>anyway here's a wikipedia description of each game's plot and how cool you are in the game
>play this and this. no dont play this. why, you ask? (silence)
>enjoy!
fucking lmao. how to tell someone takes their purely arcade-style completely unrealistic experience "be the ultimate badass" video games absolutely completely dead-ass seriously (and is incredibly insecure about it)

Attached: HOW DOES IT PLAY THOUGH. WHAT IS THE GAME LIKE.png (1166x467, 637.76K)

its a gameboy game what can you say about it?

Attached: ace combat advance.png (960x640, 66.18K)

I hate this Reddit shit where you've got these weird fictional planes flying around some reddit anime plot with hentai dubbed characters talking about the fall of fictionlandia or some shit. Just so shit and cringey. HAWX is probably the only good game about modern air combat. Japanese studios can't make games about serious subject matter without it coming off as weird and childish. The closest they can get to "mature" games is that weird manchild running around with a rubber dildo sword or some shit, the one they announced a sequel for recently

>hawx
>america gud and kill bad guys
wow such an original plot

Who gives a shit about plot? The main thing is that it shouldn't sound like some dubbed Pokemon anime episode while you're trying to fly the fucking plane

where's a good place to d/l 3ds geimus?

>who cares about plot
>complains about plot

anything at all besides "rather weird" and "otherwise non-canon" because, that's going to mean precisely shit-all to someone asking about the series. "how do the games feel to play" should be the basic starting point and, yet, the entire infographic is just some turd waffling on about how awesome and badass he feels playing the games (his favourite games, no less) with fucking wikipedia descriptions of the paper-thin plots and nothing else

to be fair he's trying to focus on the gameplay aspect in his argument

also hawx was a pretty good alternative back when pcsx2 was shit

Don't act disingenuous, you know exactly what I mean

>welcome to CumFreak69's infographic for which sonic games to play. strap in motherfuckers!!!!
>play Sonic Chaos because its the best, i dont like the others because the jump noise is wrong. you might like it though...... google "emulation" for more answers ;)
>last updated January 12 2022 (c) (r) (tm) Tyler Greene ASK BEFORE USING ON YOUR WEBSITE I DENY THE USE OF THIS IMAGE ON sonicgamereviewclub.com BECAUSE THEY ARE JERKS

>not even AC threads are safe from shitposters anymore
The worst possible timeline

how about you make one yourself instead of bitching about it in a public space, fucking dickweed