The Great Debate

The Great Debate

Attached: edgelords.jpg (1600x2642, 840.9K)

Maria > Malenia > Friede

Maria > Friede >>> Malenia in terms of fun/cool factor

Attached: maria-lifesize.jpg (900x1200, 267.45K)

Maria and Freide are such better fights than Malenia it's not even possible to argue otherwise. There's no comparison.

I didn't like how phase 1(and 3) Friede just die in 4-5 openings that let you spam R1 and stagger her

Malenia is a gimmick boss

Lady Maria is the better fight because she doesn't replenish her health in anyway during phase transitions. Bloodborne's quickstep also makes fighting her feel more like an honorable duel or even a dance. You're complimented by a large room and tools to beat her, theres no external nonsense involved whatsoever. Friede's true phase is her third, her first is spent doing very telegraphed attacks, her second is letting daddy attack you while doing passive little ice shockwaves up until Blackflame where shes much more powerful and aggressive. If you fuck up the latter you gotta do that shit all over again, the only saving grace is the first 2 phases are rather easy if tedious. Malenia has bloated health in both phases, an incredibly bullshit attack she can perform in both phases and changes levels of aggression in Phase 1 and 2. She also has lifesteal in both phases and you're consequently alot slower than fighting either Maria or Friede in this game. No quickstep, no honorable duel just a painfully grueling battle of attrition and RNG against an otherwise bitchy boss.

>Malenia has bloated health in both phases, an incredibly bullshit attack she can perform in both phases and changes levels of aggression in Phase 1 and 2. She also has lifesteal in both phases
sounds like a shit build problem

Attached: 1649071370958.png (834x750, 468.1K)

Maria is best but my only gripe is she's trivialized by parrying. Honestly, subsequent parries should do less and less damage or something.

>You're complimented by a large room and tools to beat her
Spirit ashes, status ailments, and ashes of war are all tools to beat Malenia.

Isshin

Friede > Malenia first phase > Maria > Malenia second phase

friede and malenia are both too fucking long. maria is the only well-paced fight out of the three.

Malenia > Friede > Maria
Maria is a jokeboss, some real shitters ITT.
but the real answer is

I like malenia
Maria was cool, very overhyped and extremely easy
Freide was cool at first, 3rd phase just drug on

Perhaps I like the pretty flower aesthetic of malenia over the blood and that over just dark ash

Attached: 1650250428274.jpg (720x525, 49.16K)

>easiest boss is liked the most here
says everything about you shitters, maria is too easy like most humanoid bosses in bloodborne
she has a cool design and the best OST of the three though

fpbp

ii don't think it's a coincidence the retard with the bad takes also thinks that "drug" is the past tense for "drag".

Oof.... Thats fucking cringe user..... You aren't allowed to like Malenia....... She is from "popular game".... Are you seriously trying to tell me you like "new thing" instead of "old thing'??? Fucking yikers........ Could you please stop posting on Yea Forums until you feel like sharing the same opinion as the hivemind?????

hot factor:
>maria>malenia pre rot>freide>malenia post rot
edgy factor:
>maria>malenia>freide
bitch factor:
>malenia>freide>maria
dificulty:
>malenia>marica>freide

not him but
>spirit ashes
might as well use cheat engine. bosses in this game aren't kitted for multiple opponents and unlike online summons it doesn't bloat their HP, so they melt.

>game aren't kitted for multiple opponents

idk this bosses have plenty of aoe atacks.

I never really liked Friede because she has no presence in the main game.

Meanwhile Maria and Malenia definitely have more hype to them by the time you reach their boss fights.

Replace malenia with friede and then fpbp

Malenia phase 2 is full of scarlet rot inflicting AOEs that spirits will run mindlessly into, killing themselves. She is absolutely built to handle multiple opponents (and she only has to kill 1 of them, usually in 1 hit, to win).

Radahn>>>malenia

Attached: 921A5815-BDD6-4FCD-B740-F3BB4CBA6F70.jpg (614x352, 82.17K)

Maria > Friede > Malenia
>nooooo you’re supposed to put malenia first because she’s LE HARD!
Tryhard

If spirit ashes are a serious consideration, the boss is shit. You're admitting you have to resort to breaking the games AI to beat it. You're literally just sidestepping having to actually fight the boss.

AoEs have been a thing to forever. They have never been enough handle 2 opponents. Especially when the aoes are still targeted on one on at a time.

That's not the point. The original user made the odd statement that Maria has "a large room and [the player has] tools to beat her," stating these as good things about the fight. Malenia has both of these, but they're not considered positives in her case. The hypocrisy must be addressed, since Malenia gives you far more tools to beat her than Maria does. The line about what is fair or unfair feels excessively arbitrary.

Malenia looks like she should have been in Sekiro to mirror Wolf's abilities with the prosthesis and all, kinda like Dante vs Vergil. Even her kick reminds of an enemy attack designed to break your posture.

As it stands, she's your typical "le noble and stoic swords(wo)man" with a visual cool that doesn't add anything to the mechanic of the fight, and looks more like a stripped down version from its original concept so they could hamfist her in the standardized Dark Souls combat, and even then she's over-the-top.

Absolutely overhyped boss with a forgettable soundtrack and arena, whose fame is propped up by a single fucking move and the fact she gets naked in the 2nd phase. I actually wasn't too crazy about those other two bosses, it's just Malenia is the worst by far.

*with a visual gimmick

>20fps game
>2 bad phases, 1 decent one
>fun fight

Friede is the hardest because she's a borderline Sekiro boss that doesn't take posture damage. Maria was the least memorable, one of many characters who does the seppuku blood magic thing (cool weapon though). Malenia's healing gimmick makes for fun co-op moments, people hate her mostly because she renders those tanky spirit ashes into her personal healbot.

they're all shit but maria is the cutest

based

Who's the tallest and by how much

I still clench my butt whenever I see 3rd phase Friede glint and rush with her grab move

People hater her because her design is nonsensical and garbage.
>can drain your health, even through a shield. Why?
>waterfowl is almost impossible to dodge if she decides to do it point blank
>the fight revolves around keeping distance until she does that move
>has a weird bug or whatever where you have to hit her again at 0 hp so she actually gets to the 2nd phase
>she does kage bunshin no jutsu because why the fuck not? Let's just throw shit in there
She is otherwise a generic and basic fight and her lore AoE nuke is a complete fucking joke and easy to avoid. There's nothing noteworthy about this bitch aside from arbitrary gimmicks.

Maria is an excellent boss. Friede and Malenia are a bit shit, to be honest.

What's the debate? Either way, Maiden Astraea.

Friede is so shit I can't believe fromtrannies lost their shit when it came out. At least Gael looked cool.

meant for And let's not forget how easily she flinches by any attack in neutral, but gains infinite hyper armor the moment she jumps into the air to do her anime super move. Even the feedback you get from it is fucking lame considering how deadly it is. There's nothing that justifies this single attack being one of the most dangerous FromSoft has ever put in a Souls game.

Friede is a slog, Malenia is plain garbage
Maria is among the top fights in the franchise

She's likely to be a scrapped Tomoe desu, just need Genichiro's lightning bolt

Attached: 6cxiqj[1].gif (360x202, 3.61M)

Malenia has been promoted since the first teaser, some people even thought it was gonna be something like Sekiro and she'd be the main character or a friendly NPC. Its actually amazing how its evolved from those preconceived notions. Shes now vilified, both for her actions in-universe and as a boss itself.

>No quickstep
wrong lol
you have the FASTEST movement of all souls games, BHS

we know exactly which boss gave you trouble lol
next time try understanding that this is an adventure game, not a fighting game
you probably suck at fighting games

Attached: 1650080255879.png (1056x560, 392.71K)

>maria
>no cutscene phase change directly in the middle of combat

>friede
>VO phasechange with lol get away from me let me phase change

>malenia
>lol cutscene and locked on camera out of it that purposefully kills you

What are we debating? Difficulty, fun, who's the best waifu?

Maria is the best one. The scythe bitch is just repurposed Maria. Malenia is basically just Maria again but they slapped on a healing mechanic that they more than likely intended to use on the actual Maria but didn't. If Miyazaki loved Bloodborne shit so much he should just make a second one. Otherwise, he needs to seriously cool it with the copy/pasting.

In terms of difficulty there's literally no comparison. Maria and Friede aren't that difficult at all. Maria is straight up not hard, Friede is fairly hard but phase 1 & 2 can be mastered really quickly, and then phase 3 takes maybe 30 minutes to beat.
Malenia takes 4-6 hours of a good player learning her moveset, no cheesing or summons obviously.

In terms of quality bosses, though, it's still Maria>Friede>Malenia.

Malenia's dance attack is really the only reason she is considered hard.

That and her heal. Hell Maria was another Hunter and she didn’t even rally.

Maria was fun. Fride was a little tedious but doable. Malenia is just unfun.

>Spirit ashes

Lmao, you mean the "I win" button? Ashes of war and status ailments are fine, but summons are just retarded.

Maria is so cool, not to mention shes an honest fight. Friede and Malenia are gimmick bosses where the gimmick is that they're hard for no real reason.

I wonder how pungent the the odor is coming off her sexy feet after being in those boots for so long.

Attached: 1649021466076.png (646x595, 434.05K)

Haven't played Bloodborne, but Friede was 10 /10. Malenia is simply not fun to fight, shit boss.

>shit build problem
and yet if you use the weapons and tools that deal with damage sponge enemies Yea Forumseddit goes ballistic

Malenia having this huge hype presence in the trailers and then being a loot pinata at the end of a bad dungeon really did her dirty, shes basically the most memorable character of the marketing and is a non-character in her own game.

Miyazaki-sama subverting those expectations once again.