Are elden ring bosses really that unfair compared to past ones?

are elden ring bosses really that unfair compared to past ones?

Attached: 1628180256897.png (640x360, 366.57K)

What is the general consensus on what the hardest bosses in Dark Souls 3 are? Nameless King and Sister Friede were a pain in the ass for sure, but I honestly had more trouble with Dancer and Abyss Watchers than I did with Darkeater Midir, Gael, and Soul of Cinder.

iunno. what makes you think i care what gender you were born and which you feel like? how does any of that pertain to vidya and why are you fucking with my internet connection?
pls answer in this thread and not in some passive aggressive thread that no one knows what the fuck youre talking about that'll pop up not long after i post this response
its currently top of the hour

Friede legit hurt my feelings like no other boss ever did
fucking rude bitch

Attached: 1646142500198.jpg (960x664, 146.35K)

The input reading is more aggressive in Elden Ring. Bosses like Margit, Crucible Knight, and skinny Godskin are laughable in how blatant it is.

I didn't like this boss the fight really drug on
Gael had a similar problem where you know you'll beat them after a death or two and you know the moves but it just goes and goes

No, because you have far more powerful weapons and tools.

Kinda unfair when we are comparing vanilla game bosses against DLC ones, but overall I still think Dark Souls 2 had the biggest bullshit ones by far

Yep. Orphan is no longer at the top.

a lot of the bosses are harder than previous titles but because you can get so strong in ER compared to ds3/BB it's really hard to debate.

like sure if you refuse to level up past whatever threshold, don't use spirt ashes, magic, a shield, bleed, frost, rot, a fast weapon, a high poise damage weapon or good talsimans then ER has some much harder bosses.
but who the fuck is going to go out of their way to avoid half the shit in the game?

hell most bosses I would start by throwing a poison pot or two, just because it's basically free damage in elden ring (even if low) in dark souls such a strat is almost never worthwhile because it takes so many fucking items to do it.

placidusax has some of the higher resistances in the game and it still only takes like 6 poison pots to poison him.

They were all easy except NK and Midir. Anyone saying anything else is outing himself as a shitter and DS3 being his first souls game. And yes I played pure str with gust’s sword nothing else.

you talking dlc bosses? (never played ds2 dlc) because the base game ds2 bosses are pathetic. easier than most demon's souls bosses

Dark Souls 3 and BB didn't punish roll spam. Elden Ring does. Anyone complaining about Elden Ring bosses is a roll spamming shitter, simple as.

Freide was easy and gave you plenty of space, and that giant wasn’t as aggressive as ER bosses in a duo fight.

Yeah, the dlc ones.

>punish roll spam
more like any roll whatsoever

I remember dying many times to Twin Princes. Abyss was easy for me, but Midir was hell.

Midir is a good boy

Attached: 8.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

Friede is a million times less bullshit than the late game ER stuff. Just compare the second phase where their behavior is actually balanced for the 2 on 1 compared to shit like the godskin duo

> but who the fuck is going to go out of their way to avoid half the shit in the game?
Real souls players who want to beat the game. And many did

Outside radhan and some open world bosses they didnt add any deep mechanica with the horse against any boss not even the last boss that would have been very usefull but no, small indie company undersntandu konichiwa mitsubishi san.

Beast fight with Torrent would be so cool...

DaS3 bosses were tough, but dropped the "fair" bit quite often by exploiting the shitty camera. Generally they were consistent though, so you canc all out the bullshit. ER bosses just do whatever. Morgott and Radagon can just infinitely extend their combos on a whim, or cancel into punishes whenever they feel like it.

Attached: 1650160729826.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Dark Souls bossing feel like lumbering retards compared to ER one. You roll literally one move in Souls and you get like 2-3 hits in. It's not even close.

the only boss that gave me a hard time were, wierdly, the two demons

note that I listed high poise damage weapons as op.

you hopefully only used a non bleed straight sword right user?

there was nothing hard about nameless king but the terrible artificial camera.
friede on the other hand was a pain in the ass because of her 3 phases.

>everyone is listing different bosses as "the hard ones" and everything is else is dora the explorer
1. doesn't that just demonstrate that they are well made?
2. no one is impressed you weren't challenged by dark souls and they never will be.

I think I got lucky with Midir. He just kept spamming his easy to dodge swipe move during his first phase and then I had enough estus going into his second phase that I didn't have to worry about running out. Either I manipulated his AI without realizing it or got really lucky, either way I kind of feel like I didn't really beat him :/

1.no
2.cope

two-handed and colossal swords are easy mode

I still don't understand why people dodge away from attacks
When you dodge into attacks you always get openings to attack and a lot of times the following attacks will straight up miss

Yeah, they have a way bigger moveset pool, can chain combos at will and will also anim cancel themselves in bullshit ways.
Obviously, you also get pretty stupid strong so it kinda balances itself out.
But i'd rather not play a game like Elden Ring if i had the same power level as my dark souls characters.

Attached: 1631267597569.jpg (960x960, 41.9K)

>I still don't understand why people dodge away from attacks
because almost 99% of bosses in elden ring have one frame attacks that will instahit you if upclose

>When you dodge into attacks you always get openings to attack
When you dodge in, they extend their combo (and jump away when the finally decide they're done), when you dodge out, they don't.

Midir is absurdly more difficult if you are a caster of any kind. My headcannon is that they never nerfed pestilent mercury because they never playtested around mage and pyromancy for any ds3 bossfights

this is the one game that rewards dodging back, since a jump R2 punish is far better than a rolling R1.

I played DS3 with a dex build using the washing pole, but it honestly seemed like all of the bosses would be harder with a caster build since they're all insanely fast and they're all really good at closing large distances. Definitely different than in Demon's Souls and DS1.

friede was a great boss in a bad dlc

Depends on bosses. Margit and Godskin Apostle for instance is always waiting to fuck you up with a quick jab attack that recovers quickly and chain forever while Malenia will keep swinging in a chain and eventually do a very punishable slam.

You're not literally dodging into the bosses crotches right

stop gaslighting.

Does anybody have that piece of shit webm where a guy ripostes a battlemage, takes a sippy and the mob springs back up near instantly to punish the sip? That shit is outright embarrassing and is testament to why Elden Ring is "hard" solo.

DaS3 bosses were the easiest in the series.
Not including DLC.

gotchu senpai

Attached: 1648146433355.webm (1000x562, 2.85M)

No most people just suck

Demon Prince>Midir>Friede>Nameless King>Gael

From hardest to easiest: Sister Friede, Midir, and Nameless King were the hardest bosses for me in DS3 (doing a strength/heavy weapon build).

I played through all the Souls games and BB without ever using an NPC or player summon to beat the bosses. With Friede, I was pounding away at her but those 3 phases were an endurance test especially with how ridiculously quick her attacks and recovery was - especially for how much damage she could dish out. I was up late on a work night so I broke down and used the NPC summon to beat it. It felt wrong to use a summon, but I was tired and my patience was gone and I just wanted to beat the game before I had to go to sleep.

The forward dodge was always retarded and should have added had the lowest I-frames so that dodging forward into an attack wouldn't work.

Gets me every time

That have more health than previous games so it's harder for retards to ooga-booga brute force them.

>Abyss watchers
Agree with you on that boss being unnecessarily bullshit, harder than the dlc stuff, but nobody believes me
also the corvian rapier cunt is harder than frieza

Gael is my favourite fight in the series.

They will be considered shit, unmemorable, the worst bosses in the franchise, and unfair until the next souls game comes out in which case the new bosses will be the most unfair and the ER bosses will be considered masterworks of boss fights.

Nobody believes you because Abyss Watchers is piss easy.

Attached: AbyssJobbers.webm (960x540, 2.57M)

Well probably if you dont stunlock them to death they anime flip your ass into the grave instead

every mob in the game does this. the enemy recovers before you do after a critical hit so even punishing them works against you.

I wouldn't describe Abyss Watchers as super hard, but you dont think that webm is a little bit disingenuous user

I really wish fromsoft would stop making discount bloodborne over and over.

You can roll behind and backstab them every single time they dash, and they only ever dash if you're not close to them.

I really don't know why they went so hard on punishing the play for doing literally everything. Finding openings is how DS and DeS bosses are supposed to work, punishing the player for trying to exploit them is just downright counter intuitive and turns the fights into an RNG fest.

Except people praised DS3's boss fights long before Elden Ring came out.
And Bloodborne came out after DS2 and that didn't make pople say "Oh man, I fucking loved the Royal Rat Authority and Covetous Demon"