Was level 150 too high of a level to do the fatboy slim bossfight...

Was level 150 too high of a level to do the fatboy slim bossfight? Everyone seems to hate it but I didn't find it that hard.

Attached: foreskinduo.jpg (1280x720, 278.43K)

everything in this game is solved by leveling. its as hard as you want it to be

Most people I know fought them at level 40, so yeah 150 is kinda high

>Most people I know fought them at level 40
Did they just ignore half of the game?

I don't really care by that point. Seems like you're only ever underlevelled or overlevelled

The game is so big that it's difficult to moderate the difficulty. That's what balance teams are in charge of, however, FromSoftware cannot balance correctly at all. For it to work as close as possible, levels would have to be non-existent and based purely on the application of knowledge and skill. Unfortunately, these games are plagued with secondaries who think difficulty is the only thing that matters and therefore giving yourself any kind of edge in the fight is deemed unworthy--this is even far before "you didn't beat the game" posting that is related to Elden Ring in particular.

What I am saying is, if you choose to ignore the first half of my post, that 150 is not too high. The time you played the game gave you the resources to improve your level to that degree. If you were 150 at that point, then you managed your resources in such a manner that lead to that point.
You can't beat the boss by not playing the game. Also, after all of this retarded flailing I've realised I can't actually answer your question. If you think it was too easy, play the game up until this boss again but with different stats or a different weapon or at a different upgrade level--back up your save before the boss and fight it repeatedly in various different ways. Your overall level alone doesn't dictate its difficulty.

Yes. Everyone is reading a guide and running straight to the bosses instead of actually experiencing the recycled content. That's why so many people think the game is a flawless masterpiece--it's good, but it certainly has its flaws and only by playing all of its content can you actually see it.

I get the feeling the whole open world souls idea was a bit of a failure. I haven't farmed once yet had parts where bosses were going down in three hits and then suddenly running into bosses where I'm barely chipping them away. I just don't think you can get the careful area curation in an open world game that you would in a more linear souls game.

I never level past 100 in a Souls game because to me it seems like a nice, strong even number. So fighting these guys with those stats for my build was never the issue for me, just the fact that they endlessly pursue you, in a small room, with long rapiers and the fat one's 1 minute rolling session.

This fight was when the game became boring to me.

I've scanned a few youtube channel playthroughs and there seems to be two types of players. The kind that sniff around every bush for hidden items or the guys that literally only follow the guidance of grace from boss to boss to boss. You either end up at the capital around level 80~100 or level 40~60

It's pretty strange.

I'm marching towards the mountaintops of giants and I still don't know where these dudes are

Attached: 1650243816748.gif (326x250, 625.73K)

You'll run into them eventually

I got to the capital at about level 120 because I assumed it was an end game area, so did literally everything in liurnia, Caelid and Altus before going there, then realised I should have come earlier when Glowie Godfrey and Morgott went down pretty easily.

Good.
Remember user, do not respect the choices of women.
Be your own flame.
May Chaos Take The World!

I used Carian Retaliation on the fireballs and the busted damage scaling on that shit trivialized them. I hope they fix CR soon, it's such a cool move but the broken damage really sucks.

>What are resistances
>What are damage types
>"Never farmed"
You don't know your head from your ass

Oh wow Smough and Ornstein but Elden Ring versions. Jesus fucking christ Fromsoft are a bunch of hacks that LITERALLY reuse everything.

>instead of actually experiencing the recycled content
that's a good thing

One problem I've noticed on my second playthrough is that now where I know where everything is, I have no incentive to explore half the map beyond wanting runes.

I literally didn't farm, I just went and did all the dungeons I could find in a given area before moving on. It's pretty easy to end up overlevelled for other areas, particularly when Leyndell seems to be lower level than some parts of Caelid for some reason. I assumed the place under the giant glowing tree was probably an end game area.

The map is literally fucking empty outside of the dungeons and occasional spot where items are. And honestly most of the items are completely worthless. And people are hailing this shit as the pinnacle of open worlds as if Ubisoft hasnt been making these same soulless empty open worlds for years

>t. shabriri goldstein

I think it really just comes down to the fact that the last two years have been so devoid of good video games that Elden Ring stands out more than it otherwise would.
Same shit happened when the Witcher 3 came out because there hadn't been any good RPGs for years so it seemed better than it actually was.

You have to be reading a guide, you can't really just go grace to grace. You have to explore around to find a different route. Because the graces will lead you to the elevators that you can't use or broken bridges.

I just noticed that the faces on the skin have their mouths sealed.
So Fromsoft need to steal from I have no mouth and I must scream too?

>Was level 150 too high of a level to do the fatboy slim bossfight?
Skill is the determining factor. You can max out all of your stats and still die pretty easily. Level doesn't make the difference people have told you it does.

It kind of does with bosses like that, the crux of that boss battle is pretty much a DPS race so higher levels will probably make it a lot easier.

>It kind of does
It never has.

I found the fight with just one of these guys, it's pretty hard at level 32. Even tried parrying to see the hit clash away with no riposte opening, any tips or suggestions?

This.

Lip sewing isn't a new concept, nor is it the selling point zoomer.

Same but I was about 110 ish.
Nothing wrong with that
>you
Not talking about me. Plus the people I watched played the games pre-release versions before guides/wikis even existed. Personally when I got to the grand lift of dectus I already knew there was a 'secret passage' because of Rya telling me. Plus there's a ghost dude literally right next to the cliff facing the way that the alternate passage is.
Patches also tells you about the other way in through the Iron maiden at the bottom of the academy.

Did you guys really kill everything and explore every nook and cranny every time you played the previous souls games again? I personally just run past the filler mobs and go straight from boss to boss and pop all the souls I know I'm not going to turn into weapons.

Use his black fireball attack as a chance to hit him, you can also bait him into doing it. Also roll through his stretchy propeller attack and attack his dick.
I'd say solo godskin in the Caelid tower is probably one of the best fights in the game, a fair but decently tough boss.

>next to cliff
I meant next to the lift.

I was just talking in general I didn't use a guide until I got stuck at the door after astel. I never sit at graces and didn't realize there was an option to talk to ranni.

But other than that my first playthrough I explored every where and noticed quick the Grace's will point towards dead ends or inaccessible areas.

I was speaking in general using "you"

I feel like Im playing an entirely different game than people. Most bosses have been piss easy so far with only a couple taking more than 3-4 tried

You deserve a reply. I don't completely agree, but you make a few good points.

The games hide so much shit from you that you will completely miss if you don't properly explore everything, not doing it just feels like a waste.
If I just want some bossfight action I can always just play something far more linear and consistent.

This but I was 80-100

>fatboy slim bossfight?
They're called the godskin duo, you're the same kind of reddit faggot that thinks he's """funny""" for butchering a boss name.

No. The worlds were much smaller in those games though. I started off trying to explore most the world alot in this game until sometime in Linuria when I realized that this game was just as empty as other Souls games, just spread out over a much larger map. Honestly there is hardly anything off the main beaten path to find. Maybe an arteria leaf or some shit at most, and generally those arent far off the path.

lost ark is top of the steam charts right now, whys this shovelware getting so many threads while the most played shovelware gets so few?

St. Trina torched the fat fuck and killed his lanklet buttbuddy.
After that I charge Right trigger his sleeping ass twice, wait for him to summon his lanklet again and rinse repeat.

I kekd so hard.

lol shut up autist no one cares what you do or dont find funny

I absolutely cannot stand that fatboy can just go into his spin animation with no warning whatsoever

Is someone stopping you from making threads you want to see? Begging faggot.

No one beat the game higher than 120, right?

i do everything in all games. i go out of my way to clear every area just to go back around it and explore so i wont be shanked by mobs as i do

If you went beyond 125 at any point in NG, you did not beat the game. Sorry.

Fuck off faggot no one cares about some shitty F2P 2d mmo that will be dead in a week tops.

going above that feels appropriate for most of the mountain of giants where enemies suddenly become a lot more tanky.

no is someone stopping fromsoft shills from using the search feature. you obnoxious fucks have ruined this board. ill stop using it soon because i dont want to know what part of what souls game is some faggots favorite. and thats all this god damn site is now. but before im gone in a week or so i want to warn unaware lurkers about the fuckhead shills spamming this board.

is there a harder enemy in this game?

Attached: nigger.jpg (1038x1110, 146.12K)

yeah
yes I know about the heal thing but still

Attached: Elden-Ring-Royal-Revenant-Boss-1.jpg (1920x960, 170.07K)

u aggrieved bre

Attached: 1642679356398.jpg (407x401, 139.66K)

lost ark launched the same time as ER and has double the players. ER is dying already, and will be forgotten first.

If you can kill the boss in 10 hits and tank 5 hits without healing, you are too high level

That particular crucible knight is unironically easier than the ones earlier in the game just because he doesn't do the tail whip and does that weird frog throat thing instead.

I come here for the ER threads specifically. The game is fun so SEETHE about it and fuck off my board

uh sure.

So what is the lore behind these guys?

150 is too high to do anything in the game, yes. 138 felt too high for me and I didn't use half the tools the game gave me.

But whatever user, at least you didn't use summons. Right?

yeah bre u aggrieved

They skin gods, the nobles for some reason get fat powers from it (and are weirdly easier than the supposedly lower rank apostles).

i got them 2nd try level 125. i had already fought them several times in the filler areas so i was pretty prepared. they arent that hard if you just wait until they're separated. when they're next to each other you just do your best to lure one away then run up and get as much damage in before his buddy joins him

I feel it throws way too many runes at you for some bosses, my general logic was if they were stupid enough to give me the runes then thats the devs fault.

>I absolutely cannot stand that fatboy can just go into his spin animation with no warning whatsoever
big guy takes 2-3 seconds to bulk up and roll around. It's the stupid fucking belly check that does it for me. It's what, 8 frames from startup to damage hitbox? It is literally impossible to dodge it, I have never seen a single person dodge that shit from melee range unless you were already in the middle of a lucky roll

or get a fromsoft only board, the amount of spam warrents it.... but then no one would see it then would they? its a shitty series and you all know it. nintendo would be fine with its own board, its popular, a fromsoft board would be dead in a day. it doesnt matter.

The fight was kind of easy if you have over 70 IQ and use the pillars

It's a bit high, but it's also a mostly single player game, so it doesn't matter.

ill be sure to mention that to my doctor.

>take Melina all the way to the Giant's Flame
>immediately fast travel to receive the Frenzy Flame
>dump her for Hyetta

For me? I'm doing a no-simp playthrough.

god hunters who jobbed hard and have yet to canonically kill a single god (even the so-called 'godskin' they wear actually comes from flesh-tithes extracted from completely normal humans as seen in the Windmill Village).

>Melly threatens to kill me for not setting her on fire
It's cute that she thinks she could manage that.

>old souls game
>focus on tight knit combat that made you strategize and plan your builds while also forcing you to have good knowledge of whatever weapon or magic you use
>current souls game: DmC tier combat

Im surprised we dont have a Stylish mechanic.

Attached: 70b.png (481x366, 150.48K)

Yeah the balance is shit. I went into the capital pretty straight away, killed some bossed and then I was overpowered for the rest of the mid game.
Meanwhile, in the other souls games, you always had a moderate challenge thoughout the whole game.

I don't think that will change much given how you refuse to take your meds bre

>soiboy faced enemy is the worst

what the fuck is the lore on these guys anyways?

>>focus on tight knit combat that made you strategize and plan your builds while also forcing you to have good knowledge of whatever weapon or magic you use
things that never happened

It really doesn't matter, you're pretty much never going to stumble into the "correct" order to do shit, there's too many different options to go. And if you 100% the game you wind up overleveled for the final boss gauntlet anyway.

Melina cultists who helped her hunt gods when she had the rune of death.

Should I do these two first or go to Consecrated Snowfield?

>therefore giving yourself any kind of edge in the fight is deemed unworthy
Eh, they may say this but they totally do the opposite. In the early threads, during the first few weeks of release, everyone was trying to get op as much as possible.

The noble presense miracle description says it's a trophy of their god hunt so they probably did nail someone, and at least the Fell God died somehow (and Melina is at least part-dead)

My policy is that for unique bosses or boss types I’m fighting for the first time I’ll do an honorabru duer but if it’s a rehashed dungeon boss I’ve already fought before I’ll abuse summons and items and other assorted cheese with no shame since I figure I’m not missing out on a cool experience
I eventually caved and summoned someone for Malenia after about 100 failed attempts and they killed her too quickly with dual whips and I now feel that I unironically didn’t beat the game

Attached: B9924C92-04A5-47C7-A0AA-1A68DD273AE7.jpg (1024x885, 54.18K)