Elden ring lore

Greater Will did nothing wrong edition

Attached: 1627796073511.png (1400x2700, 588.5K)

cope

sup tRanni fag

nm cuckmask hbu

Life came from the primordial crucible, not the Greater Will.

If it weren't for the greater will, we'd all be misbegotten.

more like crucible knights and dragons
omen and misbegotten are the twisted remains of the crucible's power under the control of the GW

For me it's the frenzied flame

For me its Godwyn

Attached: 1650163921137.png (1419x1833, 3.82M)

Just look at how the roots of the Erdtree within catacombs look and tell me thats totally not suspicious

forgive me, gnostibart...

What teh fuck is the DARK MOON?

The second moon of TLB

zanzibart...

saving the lore thread
everyones at the ranni thread right now

Is this comic legit? Did the game literally just rip off of gnostic cosmology and change names? If so, ill have to buy it.

I'm genuinely surprised at how many people don't know about Miquella's lore except for the bewitching branch and think it's his only power. As a fag of him, I'm kinda sad that FROM cut all his content so all people's perception of him is just this manipulative Griffin. People don't even know Mogh and his history.
Some of them still think that Miquella was moving his arm to summon Mogh in the fight.

The same can be said for my experience with Ranni's character as ppl's common perception of her to be an innocent person but she is very flawed and a person with clear goals that would stop at nothing to archive it.

Attached: FPZZBBVakAASGJu.jpg (727x1100, 229.69K)

only if you're retarded enough to go skinny dipping in the crucible, wtf

The
>Miquella was asking for it (literally)
crew is getting old

Yeah it is a stupid theory that disregards Mogh and Miquella characterizations.

Radagon and Malenia.

Attached: 97705533_p0_master1200.jpg (937x1200, 744.82K)

Enia and the Twofingers would never insult the Erdtree and call it a parasite, I prefer the English translation saying that Marika is a prisoner for her misdeeds

I agree, I don’t care what the old crone says
The tree and surrounding societal norms are a parasite because it has fooled humanity into burying their dead within its roots rather than in the earth where they belong or as ash or whatever
>but muh reincarnation
Nobody is ever shown to reincarnate except the player character

Kind of. The lore seems kinda disjointed but there seems to be some interesting themes. Alchemy, gnosticism, existentialism, Neitszchean philopshy, Jungian concepts, etc...

Lorelet here, did Ranni killed a two fingers at Manus Celes Cathedral? What about the two fingers we see at roundtable? Are there multiple two fingers?

There’s a two fongers at every divine tower too

>did Ranni killed a two fingers at Manus Celes Cathedral?
Yes.
>What about the two fingers we see at roundtable?
They're fine, just sitting there chilling.
>Are there multiple two fingers?
Yes. As user said, you can see a pair at almost every divine tower.

They never do that anyway, they refer to Marika as 'parasitic host' to the ring. You can infer that the ring is a parasite from this, but it doesn't absolutely mean that (just means she hosts it as one would a parasite, which we can see within Radagon) and they never specify the Erdtree itself in that context.

Elden Ring is unironically a feminist game.
>Male penetrative force (Greater Will) symbolized by a giant phallus (Erdtree) impregnates the world and creates order out of disorder.
>Leads to a system of inequality through the Golden Order (the Patriachy) which marginalizes certain minorities like the Omen (a glaring reminder of the chaos lurking under the surface of the world)
>Goddess figure (Marika) is controlled and subjugated by the Greater Will. She attempts to exercise agency by destroying the Elden Ring and is literally imprisoned in the giant penis (Erdtree)
>Dark feminine figure Ranni the Witch overthrows the Golden Order and the Greater Will (Patriachy) by literally emancipating herself from her body. Doll imagery, hello.

Really makes you think.

Attached: wg6tdv3fxex41.jpg (690x960, 77.04K)

Is this what it’s like on alternate genderswap timeline Yea Forums? It’s the same as the “women ruined everything in TLB” meme

Women may have ruined everything but Ranni saved everything as well, so it cancels out

So is that the misbegotten lore? What items lead to this explanation I would like to know as much as possible about them please

Winged Misbegotten Ashes:
>A spirit with the aspect of wings which takes flight to loose arrows from its bow. The misbegotten are held to be a punishment for making contact with the Crucible, and from birth they are treated as slaves, or worse.

honestly AFAIK thats it, not many other items really talk about misbegotten. iron cleaver mentions how they're maltreated but yeah

>a recent parasite invented reality
lol nope

>inb4 the schizo that thinks the greater will is the same as the 大きなひとつ

Attached: inbound4815321437406601971.png (1024x8000, 1.72M)

What's the deal with the Haligtree? What was Miquella attempting to create and why?

>world already exists
>erdtree comes
>murders everything that stands in its way
>erdtree somehow good

Attached: erdtree good.png (673x784, 581.25K)

He was feeding his blood initially to the tree and later his whole body in order for him to discard his cursed flesh and become the new world tree.

Attached: 1648617646348.png (1383x725, 2.05M)

Ranni is unironically a SJW

Yeah those SJWs are notorious for pursuing freedom

>Ranni saved everything as well
She saved nothing, not her friend, not her mother, not her brothers, not the world, as she has never told us to kill the Elden Beast or other Outer Gods. She was just replacing GO with her Moon god.
Don't expect everything to magically disappear.

You wouldn’t understand higher ideals, commoner

Yeah, for pursuing what they call "freedom" that is in reality a new and more severe slavery, driven by their own childish delusions

Says the guy who supports literally the most commonly taken ending, the ending supported by reddit, the ending anyone with a brain or a soul avoids because it's pure evil

Yeah that's actually what they say. Freedom from the patriachy. Which the Greater Will represents

*does nothing wrong in your path*

Attached: 1650229796336.png (3000x1562, 2.75M)

Her first and only mistake was attempting to fight me

freedom

Attached: FE4F161B-841D-44D7-A27A-FE8C277CF60E.jpg (1024x740, 171.74K)

So what you're telling me is Ranni is actually a true American?

The only Eren would support Ranni is the pussywhipped 139 version

What do you mean user, he’s always been himself, ever since he was born

Yes

Classic scatterbrained FROM create an entire enemy class that would be interesting to know about and there is one fucking item description talking about them meanwhile there is a huge questline, multiple items and even multiple NPCs devoted to Ranni and people still don’t know if the Black Knives were still on terms with her or if there was a betrayal due to Alecto and nobody knows if they worked with the Godskins or not because of Iji being covered in blackflame. Which there is not that much lore on the ducking Godskins either for how prominent they are like what the fuck were they thinking the game is great but some shit is so horribly planned it makes you scratch your head. I think it’s Miyazaki just being head and shoulders above the rest, he’s obviously a genius but the only reason he got to where he is is because FROM would hire without much experience which obviously leads to some ridiculous incompetence.

Isn't she effectively reforging the world in a way the Carian family sees fit.
I'm not sure any of the other outer gods even really exist. Seems awfully convenient that almost every Demi-God came into contact with one despite all being groomed by the two fingers one from the start.
Considering reality seems to be pretty malleable it seems more likely that anyone with sufficient power can start making shit up and it will be made manifest. Especially since they have parts of the elden ring which is the instrument we know was used to make the current reality

Marika was obviously working with Ranni, not sure why everyone tries to claim otherwise. Grace points you up to Ranni's lookout, and she's the only notable thing there.
Marika's clearly the one sending Grace to guide the Tarnished, the Two Fingers and their Maidens trying to co-opt you along the way, and Mohg's Murderers and the Volcano Recusants are there to mop up whomever Godrick and Morgit don't take.

lmao

Marika's grace points towards EVERY endening, not just Ranni

This

It means you have to buy the DLC

Lmaaaoooo, I stop fucking care for the grace direction.

Why are Ranni’s two fingers so much bigger than the others we see?

Good question

informed answer: probably just a design choice
schizo headcanon answer: its because unlike every other two fingers in the game, ranni's two fingers had an active and powerful empyrean they personally chose still going around and doing things. since all the other fingers are either dead or empyrean-less, ranni's two fingers grew more powerful than the others.

big puissy

Because it was alive. The other Two Fingers have been dead god know how long.