What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: Dread.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

Nothing

Hollow Knight broke the genre.
Now if you don't have hundreds of hours worth of content in a sidescroller, then you've failed miserably.
Also fans of the usual recipe didn't care much for the horror elements.

Nothing

It's the only good metroid game ever made.

It was good, but nothing spectacular.

Ghavoran had an obnoxiously unnecessary amount backtracking blocks. Otherwise, not much. Could harp on about the music I guess but I didn't mind that so much.

Where the fuck is Prime 4?

it controls better than any metroid
bosses are a bit iffy and the overall pacing isn't great but this can be a benchmark for a masterpiece if they can somehow get the budget for a sequel
I definitely prefer 2d Metroid to 3d

The main problem with Metroid Dread is that it simply isn't fun. Maybe I'm just tired of the Mercury steam formula but I feel like the amount of unfun enemies, gank squads, and bullshit encounters you run into in Metroid Dread far outweigh any other Metroid games. I've since stopped playing it but while I was I always dreaded dying because every time I did I would have to go through the slog of getting back to where I was.
The first area was great but past that I just lost the will to play, and even that first area had its issues. Like in what world are those stupid fucking birds good enemies? They just fly around and fucking with your health and are absolute cancer to fight. The best way to deal with any enemy in Metroid Dread is to find the easiest way to counter it so that you have to interact with it as little as possible since none of them are actually fun to engage with.
I'm currently playing Hollow Knight and while taking a large fall is super punishing I always end up coming back because I know I can do better and make it further. With Metroid Dread it wasn't about doing better or getting further, it was just about how much bullshit I was willing to put up with.

Attached: 1642300200579.jpg (1280x1920, 258.73K)

I don't get this. I prefer my vidya short and repayable. Who tf wants a 40+ hour game?

Not worth the cost/benefit

Attached: 476645F3-ED68-4B24-861D-637AD9FF8018.jpg (946x588, 125.49K)

Both games are free?

Attached: 0db5eb21866e4e3063a2e2c85ca4e77c.jpg (807x784, 49.93K)

>Who tf wants a 40+ hour game?
It isn't even that, dude. It's how it looks.
"Well, they did... THAT with a $15 game."
"What's your excuse?"
Honestly, what is Nintendo's excuse? See? It works.

how bad are you that it takes 25 hours to beat hollow knight?

Nothing, plays like a dream. I can't pick up another metroidvania since Dread because it mogs the entire genre when it comes to gameplay.

Hollow knight looks like shit imo. Only saving grace is that it is semi unique and custom. Metroid dread looks dope af especially the character / enemy models

Attached: 1634391320983.jpg (4800x7200, 3.77M)

Shit map design.
Super Metroid is still the gold standard of map design in the Metroidvania genre.
Which is too bad, because the gameplay of Dread is really solid.

Wrong, Metroid Dread is the worst Hollowvania
It didn't broke the genre, it redefined it, in the best way possible
Everything
No, wrong, moron, that's hollow Knight
It was fuckin awful and you are retarded for enjoying it
Everything was awful and you are a faggots if you enjoyed it.
never happening, play a better game like hollow knight
>it controls better than any metroid
Maybe but that's not a high bar, hollow Knight has proven that all Metroid games suck
Kill yourself coomer
Real gamers, go back playing with your fisherprice toy tablet, nigger
This, Hollow Knight is a must play
You wish third world fuck
This, look at the fucking content you get for 15$, imagine having less content than an indie and ask for 60$ fuckin pathetic
Post numbers, i don't believe you did it in less than 10h faggot.
No it doesn't, and you are a tranny piece of shit for enjoying it.
It isn't, hollow knight is perfect in every aspect
Kill yourself coomer
>Shit map design.
Yes
>Super Metroid is still the gold standard of map design in the Metroidvania genre.
Wrong, that's hollow knight
>Which is too bad, because the gameplay of Dread is really solid.
Moron, dread is awful on every aspect and you are a nigger retard for enjoying it

Attached: 1642236673981.jpg (796x1200, 112.92K)

Nothing, it was great.

Mass replying should be ban on sight

Just a bit too linear.

Holy shit, is the HK fanbase officially the most annoying? Jesus Christ.

>Hollowvania
3/10. You're trying too hard buddy. Gotta be more subtle in your bait attempts.

Attached: 1623895357107.png (1539x2048, 2.47M)

Based schizo

Fuck off, waifufag incel

You're trying too hard.

Art direction, story. Great game otherwise.

Get a life.

Attached: 1636310258656.jpg (2795x3924, 2.26M)

I'm not giving you a (You) but you know who you are.

Attached: hollow.jpg (500x562, 86.47K)

Nothing. It was great. I loved it so much, I played Super, which is almost as great. I wish there were more good 2D Metroid games.

>I replied to everyone and told them they're wrong!

>can I have (You)s now

What a retarded troon.

I'm stuck at the flying bug boss, bros..

Contentniggers have ruined this hobby unironically. You better have a masterpiece if you cross the 20 hour threshold.

There’s one attack you have to tank, if everything else you avoid, and you keep firing, you should be fine.

Based, Metroid trannies seething

>Hollowvania
It's nothing like Castlevania or Hollow Knight and that's why I like it.

contentniggers are a fucking poison, almost as bad as open worldniggers

ITT: seething hollow keks

100% the game, loved it!
I picked it up again recently to try Dread mode, lowered the brightness too, its unironically the best experience so far.

Attached: 1630311724970.jpg (1283x1285, 1003.06K)

Fuck off, Dread is amazing and now Metroid is getting the love it deserves. Stay mad!

Attached: 0DD1FED3-1DA9-4AA8-A42C-C685492C5237.png (2614x4112, 3.59M)

Their excuse is that Metroid Dread is focused, fun, and replayable while Hollow Knight is a slog padded out with endless hallways and filler content and not at all replayable. I've played Hollow Knight once in my life and that was way more than my fill for life, meanwhile I've replayed Dread in more than a dozen different ways. I've already put more hours into Dread than I did into Hollow Knight thanks to its replayability, so why would I want them to pad Dread into an overly long slow-ass slog?

Is HK really that good?

Yes
>Their excuse is that Metroid Dread is focused, fun, and replayable
No, wrong, moron.

It’s not prime 4(but seriously what happened)

Let’s be honest, the only reason this game was even moderately successful is barely any other game was released around that time,
especially for the Switch, which has no games.

>footfag has stinky taste
Check out

Didn't the switch have multiple multi million sellers in the last five months including Dread?

No, stop lying tendie is about to hit bankruptcy because they don't care about games any more.

Attached: Buff Samus.jpg (2468x3888, 649.17K)

It's pretty good but a slow burn

user if you have to falseflag don't make too blatant.

Still the best boss in the 2D games.

Attached: 1574832181985.jpg (1600x1800, 535.39K)

today i learned nintendo apparently didn't understand the concept of a "bounty hunter" and just used it as a fluffy title for "Adventurer" which led to retro's pitch for a more open world bounty hunter game being shafted.

>No, wrong, moron.
Good argument, very convincing.

>playing either of these games when overwatch exists
lol

Attached: EYax3KUXgAAhCig.jpeg.jpg (2000x2000, 341.44K)

Most of the upgrades only exist to open one or two doors. There's no reason to collect stuff. Power bombs even come like 5 minutes before the end of the game, why would you even bother with their capacity upgrades.

>hollowvania
I'm using that

Attached: 1597095098185.jpg (1396x1414, 165.24K)

>he needs 100+ hours to beat hollow knight
hollow knight is fucking easy, also kys dumbass

Attached: 1649216804768.jpg (1063x752, 144.64K)

The best thing about HK is that unlike most metroidvanias, is more of a Metroid game than a Castlevania game, which is pretty rare. Liking one and hating on the other sounds fucking retarded to me.

Attached: 1557016003303m.jpg (1024x768, 80.07K)

How is Castlevania differs from Metroid? I’ve only played the latter.

Attached: 1634055560649.jpg (1000x1044, 167.6K)

What if there were a Metroid Prequel where you play as a Chozo Warrior?

Attached: 1633710705202.jpg (1920x1080, 350.81K)

personally?
>bad/ugly suit design
>way too short
>too many cutscenes and each one tries to suck off how much of a badass samus is
>areas are really generic
>graphics just look bad
that said the game controls like butter

You should at least play symphony of the night, it's only one of the 10 best games of all time.

It's funny you say that, because to me Hollow Knight was so similar to Castlevania that it was a disappointment to me because I really only like Metroid and Metroid clones.

but you are playing as a chozo warrior

reddit
go there please

*one of the 10 most overrated games of all time

Attached: 1A196071-D799-4EDC-8C06-D9E878F2B4CF.png (1143x1554, 1.12M)