Blocks your path

Blocks your path

Attached: 102893749222.jpg (480x360, 35.17K)

Me on the left.

pokemon is for babies

gold & red are the TIGHTEST butthole, the rest of the franchise is way too loose, you cannot even hear them toot

Attached: red.jpg (545x660, 151.59K)

nnnnyeh
*kicks you*

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Attached: 1645139900666.png (378x360, 109.98K)

Niggerlax.

>XY pulled the exact same shit
>Even though the game introduced a fat panda
>We could've had a bunch of pokemon NPCs complaining that they couldn't get passed the panda if Gamefreak wasn't so determined to suck Gen1's dick

I love Gen 2 but the level curve and poor pokemom distribution hurt replays a lot.

*FWEEEEEEEEEEE*

>not even 10 replies in
>op post doesn't even mention the game's name
>schizo faggot e celeb cocksucker already bringing up muh level curve and muh distribution strawmen

Damn, I NEED this fat fuck on my team!

Fight me like a man you West Kanto tranny.

i'm a bigger gen2bab than that dude, and even i recognized those two problems with Gold as a kid.

No you didn't.

hello zoomie, getting your perm touched up today?

*wakes you up*
*puts you to sleep again*
*catches you*

yes, i did. it was even more apparent when i compared Gold and HG side-by-side when i still had the GBC cartridge.

Its obvious bait

you just never know anymore

Shut the fuck up nigger.

I started with SS as a kid, never noticed anything then. Since then I've played HGSS multiple times (at least 10 times, probably 15), and GSC 4 or 5 times. Never had any issues making unique teams or being underlevelled or whatever. The hate against Johto is a recent thing, so stop trying to revise history, zoomer.

Attached: CollageMaker_20210809_183717113.jpg (4096x7282, 1.76M)

>I started with SS as a kid
i'm sorry, how old are you again?

Desu, the only thing Gen 2 has going for it is nostalgia.

Attached: Unova vs Johto rematches.png (1618x1373, 299.79K)

Nah it has plenty going for it. Otherwise HGSS wouldn't be beloved

what does the N stand for

and it's not even a "hate" thing, it's just a thing that people notice occurring by the time you're in Victory Road, and i know i never faced it myself back then when all my EXP went to Typhlosion, letting me one-shot the rest of the game with him at 100. that, and only being able to pick up a Houndour at the post-game was pretty disheartening.

Going back to the other region was cool.
Why would they put level 3s in the post game area.
Gen 2 has its flaws show up more because it did a lot of cool new things, so the Wtf moments stand out all the more.

Nice Guy

Ningen

>I started with SS as a kid
>so stop trying to revise history, zoomer.
lol

discussing pokemon is a mistake
there's no middle ground, it's either the game is dogshit awful or completely perfect, no one can ever admit a game has issues or does things right

*Plays the Azure Flute*
*Summons Arceus to purge the innocent Snorlax*
Heh... Nothing personnel..

Kind of funny given they're all more or less copypaste jobs
Even the games I have animosity towards aren't really that far off from any of the other gens

>no one can ever admit a game has issues or does things right
gen2 is so divisive precisely because of these two things though. It's a weird game with 11/10 atmosphere, introduced hold items, phone calls for little random events which allowed you to get evo stones before the 3rd gym battle. The illustrious day/night cycle which was pure SOUL, mt. silver, red gyarados, battling with Lance, etc. But then it shits out on core things like new pokemon variety, and awful gym rosters.

I think too much focus was placed on being able to visit another region, so in retrospect Johto felt like more of an extension to Kanto rather than its own standalone region because of how much of its identity is owed to gen 1.
The buildup to revisiting Kanto works fine when you're a kid and aren't expecting it like the people who played it decades ago, but with all the other games that exist now you can't help but notice during replays how things have changed in the way regions are designed.

Attached: 1531752290903.png (921x521, 67.5K)

bump

It really doesn't help that they do the same thing in GEn 4 with HGSS and only try to bandaid the core issues only to fall on their faces because of it. The director who worked on HGSS is the same guy who did Emerald and its the same thing; they add shit that never tackles the core issues.

You. Yeah YOU. A majority of your complaints are solved by romhacks. I recommend Polished Crystal.
>b-but the base games
fuck the base games, you have a problem with them right? Just play Polished.
>b-but the dex cuts
irrelevant whenever they stop fucking adding NEW SHIT (AND THAT STALLS FOREVER) and finish their dex overhaul.
>but I can't play without my favorites
then FUCKING WAIT for the dex overhaul and complain about the lackluster base games until then

>but user what does polished over me UNTIL the dex overhaul
I'm glad you asked, voice in my head
>BETTER VARIETY, EVERYWHERE.
>OPTIONAL PHYS/SPEC SPLIT
>OPTIONAL IMPROVED LEVEL CURVE
>OPTIONAL NUZLOCKE
>EXPANDED KANTOOOOOOOO
>MORE DUNGEONS/AREAS/ROUTES TO EXPLORE
>INFINITE BAG SPACE (HOLY SHIT)
>NEW MOVES AND TYPES (IF YOU PLAY THE NON-FAITHFUL VERSION)
>UNLIMITED TMS (ALWAYS GOOD)
>SHIT TON OF NEW MUSIC FOR THE NEW STUFF, INCLUDING FROM NEWER GAMES
>WONDER TRADE IN GOLDENROD FOR EARLY GAME DIVERSITY
>TONS OF BACKPORTED SCENARIOS FROM HGSS
>CAMEO FIGHTS OUT THE ASS IF THAT'S YOUR THING
>A BOX SYSTEM SIMILAR TO GEN 3+ (NO MORE SAVING)
>A BIGGER DEX BY 2030

Attached: THE BOX.png (640x649, 347.75K)

>REVAMPED COMPETITIVE BATTLE TOWER
>AND A BATTLE FACTORY IN VERMILLION CITY

also
>YELLING
>LOTS AND LOTS OF YELLING
>!!!1!1!1!!!1!1!1!one!!1!1!!!

YES

jej

AND BY YES I MEAN NO. THE GAME PROVIDES A FEW FONT OPTIONS BUT ALL CAPS IS NOT ONE OF THEM UNFORTUNATELY.

Why didn't Johto have a Snoarlax problem? Contrived plot point if you ask me.

>Why didn't Johto have a Snoarlax problem?
they have an entire species of sentient rocks LARP'ing as trees, so i think their problems are a bit worse...

why would they add a new pokemon that does the exact same thing as snorlax instead of just using snorlax? that's fucking retarded.

What about sentient pokeballs?

Attached: come into MY powerplant.png (799x779, 425.75K)

Some of the routes are pretty pathetic but Johto never felt small to me. Especially if you factor in the "trip" into Kanto as part of the first part of the game. Or barring that Mt Silver since it is on the johto side technically.

Attached: d58yOw.jpg (760x337, 55.27K)

Canceled

Attached: 1633370273067.gif (320x286, 180.95K)

voltorbs are brainlets, i wouldn't be too scared of them.
But sudowoodos are borderline schizos with some intelligence, that's a dangerous combo.

He's a Unovafag who thinks reskinning gen 1 pokemon is a good thing.

how far we've come

>mfw I just realize that snorlax is a combination of the word snore and relax

Attached: 22001241521.jpg (223x198, 24.32K)

heh

sudowoodo

test

>mfw I just realized the sudowoodo is a combination of super user do and wood

There is a novelty these games have with the different design philosophy of being a sequel or expansion on the first game instead of a new generation of an endless series. Viewed from that lenses the distribution is understandable because they wanted players to search for rare new Pokémon.

>squirtle is squirrel + turtle

Attached: 007[1].png (475x475, 151.41K)

>Zenigame
>Squirtle’s name means ‘Pond Turtle’. 銭亀(Zenigame) is an amalgamation of the words 銭(Zeni) meaning money and 亀(Kame) meaning turtle/tortoise. Interestingly enough, their round shells were used in place of money during the Edo Period, and so they were aptly called “Money Turtles”. 銭(Zeni) is also the Chinese word for money, pronounced qián.
Someday i will learn japanese