Triangle Strategy

Is this the game...? Is this the videogame that forced the Fire Emblem series to kneel at last?

Attached: fireemblemkiller.jpg (1280x640, 223.42K)

I stopped playing after retaking the capital, should I keep going or have I seen pretty much all the game has to offer?

yeah kinda

Nu-FE, sure, but that's an extremely low bar. Triangle Strategy still gets absolutely mogged by the Kaga games.

you havent even seen everything the game has to offer after your first playthrough. what makes you think playing just half of it gives you enough?

if you dont like the game at that point, its probably just not for you

so is this game actually good or is it a garbage high school anime dating sim like fire emblem

Well like 3 fights more and the game splits into its 3 different endings, so might aswell go for that catharsis I guess.
Not that any of the endings are well written.

>Have to beat Sycras in the dambusters mission to get the promotion item
Weird considering you can just kill the archer and skip him entirely

there's a fair bit more, but nobody really gets a happy ending, except for Bennedict in one of the three

There's no dating the elements, the main character is the head of a noble house and is engaged to a girl at the start of the game. There's no power of friendship BS either, the story is alo about war and politics

There's no real dating, the MC has an arranged marriage for political reasons at the start, but you poison her away from you in one of the endings

a friend told me the game has no "it wuz le ancient evil all along" plot so it already places it above Fire Emblem in term of scenario.

>power of friendship BS
did you even play the gold end

Planning on doing an omega retard PT next
>defend Roland
>accept Silvio's offer
>he was bribing Nobles on the ghost ship
>Blow up the bridge
>defend Rosellan village
>Frederica route
Am I missing any?

its decent, I wouldn't say its great because it has some real issues; the unit balance itself is frankly terrible for a game with only uniques with set classes and playing defensively is overencouraged, but it is challenging in places a lot of other srpgs just let you steamroll.

>the unit balance itself is frankly terrible
it's not so bad, there's a couple of garbage characters and a couple of broken ones

its good

the game is pretty good, unfortunately there's no post game, only ng+

more dialogue exists for certain characters though. For example, avlora gets lines with gustadolph in Roland's ending, as does maxwell.

With so many endings, characters locked to certain routes, and characters needing 1600 of each stat they kind of had to do it like that. What could a postgame have even been, just trial missions and endless non-story missions?

No. The gameplay is good, but it's a different kind of SRPG altogether, so it's apples and oranges.
The music is great in both.
The characters are ok in both.
The story is not as fucking stupid as in 3H, at least the premise and the conflict make sense, but in the end it's nothing but preachy ass church bad and why can't we be friends bullshit.
The MC is better cause he can fucking talk and he's pretty badass, so that's a plus.
But what kills the game is the scales of conviction and the route splits, which gives you the illusion of choice but it all boils down to whether you have enough points to be able to convince the other people or not, and also there's a correct series of events and if you don't choose them, the game punishes you by locking you out of playing the golden route missions, which are the best part of the game, meaning you're pretty much forced to play the game twice unless you get extremely lucky.

>but in the end it's nothing but preachy ass church bad and why can't we be friends bullshit.
Not entirely but it depends on what ending you do
>But what kills the game is the scales of conviction and the route splits, which gives you the illusion of choice but it all boils down to whether you have enough points to be able to convince the other people or not, and also there's a correct series of events and if you don't choose them, the game punishes you by locking you out of playing the golden route missions, which are the best part of the game, meaning you're pretty much forced to play the game twice unless you get extremely lucky.
I never had that issue but I didn't try to smuggle the salt

>I didn't try to smuggle the salt
Then you didn't do what the game wants you to do, cause that's one of the requirements for the golden route, and thus you didn't get to play the best part of the game.

>Deciding to go for the golden route entirely on your first PT
>Not doing what you would actually do

after beating my first route i was also amazed that it doesnt devolve into some generic jrpg "you have to slay a god" kind of bullshit and stays grounded all the way through but hoo boy, golden route is just the same old trope again, not that i dislike it

>reading comprehension
I did that. And all I got what a shit last map and a shit ending. I got punished for doing what I wanted to do and I had to replay the game in order to get to the good part. That's why the game is not as good as it could have been.

>game bad because choices dont matter
>wtf, why do my choices affect which ending route i get?!

meant for

>I want to make whatever choices I feel like and have them have no impact on the rest of the game.
Next you'll complain about how burning down the huts in ch7 locks you out

How grounded it is depends on what you class the hierophant as

not him but choices never create a divergent path, you always go back to the main story one way or the other
golden route is the only part of the game that does it because
>you have still wildfire left
>you made connections with svarog
>rosellan are alive and well
I don't get why going back to your home is a requirement though

Literally none of your choices matter except for the one in chapter 17, though. It's just that in order to unlock the alternative choice there, you have to follow a specific series of events.

Exactly so your choices do matter if you want to get the golden route, it's something you have to try and get, not just turn up and get lucky. Plus your choices do matter for the chapter 15s and 3s when they decide what character you get.

Haven't done it yet, I assume because of either Milo, or Symon do or tell you something

All the enemies are cartoonisly evil, though. That's really damn cliched. Hell, they all have portraits where they're posing with the most assholeish faces imaginable.

>Next you'll complain about how burning down the huts in ch7 locks you out
Of course I will. Not a single person in your fucking party of assholes tells you that maybe you could try not triggering them. Everybody encourages you to use the traps, which is in turn a trap for the player.

>maybe you could try not triggering them
I did it first playthrough just to see if something would happen

>How grounded it is depends on what you class the hierophant as
i think in a world where magic is a thing some automaton controlled by magic is more believable than someone turning into a 5 meter tall demigod by sheer will.

But they do talk about how burning down their houses would be bad but a last resort, Avlora questions your judgement when you use the trap

>Everybody encourages you to use the traps, which is in turn a trap for the player.
but they dont encourage you. they may tell you its a necessary evil but they dont say you *must* do it. seeing how reluctant everyone reacts to the idea of burning down your own demesne is the clue that you can choose to just not do it. and you could also just decide to sacrifice roland as it serves the same purpose.

this would be nice. something like fire emblem 8 tower, or ff tactics dungeons too.
i think the game relies too much on ng+, some people might just want to play it one time and not replaying it again to unlock more characters and maps

the bar battles exist

Of course Avlora gets surprised, anybody would be.
I could tell I raised a bad flag because somebody says that it's a shame we couldn't avoid to use them, but that was after the fucking battle.
What they should have done is making clear that you shouldn't use them unless you absolutely have to, but the game does a terrible job at that. As a matter of fact, the game literally stops to tell you all about the traps and how they work and what areas they cover right before the battle starts. It's like if it was showing you a really big glowing red button... Give me a fucking break.

I wish this game was a dating sim

>Couldn't tell that burning down your own people's homes is bad without being explicitly told
SociopathChad I kneel

The entire point is that it's better to do that than to allow your enemies to raid your city, killing all the soldiers and raping the women.

they're are boring

>13 years old

Attached: normal_couple.png (363x196, 178.23K)

Anna.

Attached: Anna_Transparent.png (884x1180, 795.59K)

>have to grind low level battles for 2 hours to get the best ending because of chapter 10's out of fucking nowhere utility conviction choice
dropped it there, might pick it up again when i feel enough tolerance to do that, but fucking hell what a dumb fucking decision to lure you towards moral choices throughout the ENTIRE GAME and then suddenly curveball you with a utility choice you need for the golden path

Imagine the sex

>Do Roland's plan of attacking the warship
>Cordelia goes to infirmary
I genuinely thought she might be preggo

Jesus Christ the Fredericka ending is bleak

Attached: 1538533553080.jpg (720x656, 48.5K)

>tfw too dumb to understand why the Shota Timemage is broken

Outside of "kill the boss maps" where you can just teleport them inside your army or abusing timestop for TP regeneration (which with Medina in the game is superfluous) I don't get it.

Attached: sad anime girl_81.png (701x712, 698.35K)

>is in her 30s

I still can't see it.

Best Girl

Attached: Lyla_Transparent.png (360x450, 144.01K)

if you have some patience you can abuse timestop for free tps
also the reset everything move does just that but doesn't affect dead units, so you can just blow your entire load while horribly misplacing your guys and then pop the skill

thats what you get for listening to w*men

>gold ending
>can't save exharme
>can't save erika

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I haven't used Quahag yet but it restores TP health, placements, and buffs/de-buffs for all living characters right up until however they were x turns ago, so you can't use it to rush the automaton deal a chunk of his health, then use it so you can super the other parts

no you just kill everything surrounding it, find yourself with 0tp and probably low hp, pop the skill and the map basically restarts but now with fewer enemies

I see, I just ended up rushing the hierophant and got really lucky despite Hughette missing with shooting star

It’s fucking retarded and senseless is what it is.

Playing the demo, it seems like there is waay too much dialoge(most of which aren't cool at all and doesn't add anything to the story) and the battles take forever.

I guess the game just isn't for me.

Haven't done it yet, but I think it works fighting Hyzante without Aesfrost and fleeing to Centralia with them gunning for you seems like a suicide mission, so Serenoa dying makes sense