Retroarch is bad because...

>Retroarch is bad because.... BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SPEND FIVE MINUTES LEARNING HOW TO USE A PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS ME TO PLAY HUNDREDS OF EMULATORS SPANNING OVER MANY DECADES WITH DOZENS OF FEATURES NOT INCLUDED IN STANDALONE OKAY!!??
Seriously, I don't get it. Why do people hate it so much? I can't even discuss it without a bunch of retards who have barely used it for more than a couple minutes shitting on it

Attached: retro1.jpg (460x215, 31.71K)

retroarch gui is good
I have never used any other emulator gui which is comfortable on a controller
you don't have to "learn" anything it's already ffine

why are you like this?

Nice Strawman.

RA is bad because of how unstable it is, but deranged schizos will constant sperg on this threads.

Fucking pizzeria opens till 2 O' clock I'm hungry

Not interested in someone's emulator suite when I can download the actual ones instead. Let me guess, you also use an Xbox controller on PC.

Boomers have a superiority complex over knowing how to readily navigate (insert Win 95 style UI menus designed by some autistic programmer) like it's a practical skill. You can navigate Retroarch's UI with a gamepad instead so that's bad and threatens the boomer and his skill at clicking menus. Serious work requires a mouse. You need to learn a useful skill like clicking dosbox. Config editing and unobtrusive UIs are soulless zoomer shit, that don't know what they're doing compared to us clicking wizards.

I dont hate it, in fact I use it the most. however, more often than not, stand alone emulators or ones that are not supported on retroarch have more features.

>RA is bad because of how unstable it is,
Ok now why don't you try to substantiate those meaningless buzzwords?

>unstable
>buzzword
Meds. Now.

Its gatekeeping at its finest. I'm fine with retards so stupid that they get filtered by a UI. They don't deserve nice things.

I love RA but the whole RetroPad concept is stupid.

It's decent for everything pre N64/PS1. For anything newer than that you're just going to get years out of date cores with half the features missing.
Being able to navigate everything using a controller is nice but it's organised like shit. I always have to search so many submenus to find the stuff I want. Also their Menu and Quick Menu distinction sucks ass.

>It's decent for everything pre N64/PS1
I found it to be pretty shit for the turbografix 16.

>another retroarch shill thread

You what? Mednafen PCE is perfect

Why don't you retards just use retroarch with launchbox?

Attached: launcho.png (1422x1013, 1.58M)

>Single GUI to run various emulators instead of just using a single GUI to run all your games
I don't understand the point of retroarch outside of using it to play stuff on a dedicated emulation system like an arcade cabinet or something.

Because they are retarded

or bigbox

Attached: biggaboxxa.png (1678x1050, 1.57M)

The standalone worked better for me.

How is it unstable?

>achievements

Attached: 1640506872158.jpg (488x681, 34.02K)

People just make random shit up here and then refuse to go into specifics.

no one wants to play billions of games at a time, retard
grabbing one or two emulators that you actually want to use is much more practical

I only emulate my games through Fightcade.

Attached: images (9).jpg (739x415, 19.55K)

The GUI is too hard to use.

>RA shills seething no one wants to use their soulless ps4 looking shit

it didn't want to recognize d-pad on my gamepad.

i've tried to get this shit to work with netplay and it never works. would love to do some old snes/nes titles with a friend, but all the guides suck.

Anti-RA fags are just retarded we have to accept it.

The people who get mad at retroarch are those who decide on a whim to play a game that requires an emulator and just want to get the thing running. Retroarch is meant for those who like to bother putting their emulation setup together because they play emulators regularly.

when it comes to emulation people are just bizarrely retarded, I dont get it.
RA is great for its shaders and I wish it supported more cores because getting the same shaders to work on pcsx2 is a pain

Attached: d.png (1656x1027, 3.71M)

I like my software to do one thing and do it well, not do many things and do them poorly. Standalones have more features, better compatibility, and oftentimes better configuration options. Trading performance for a unified UI and controller compatibility isn't worth it.

use Parsec

moonlight better Much better

retroarch is what it is. we can all laugh at the schizo developer though

Ok call me when it isn't convoluted messy shit to add Gecko code to the dolphin core so I can use proper widescreen hacks

>Delete more then one Core
>Crash
>Open Again
>Load Core
>Load Game
>Crash
>Delete cfg and reconfig again
>Change to Vulcan
>Crash
>Repeat 7
>Restart RA option
>Crash
>Now MelonDS core has crappy Stuttery audio that is not fixable
>Repeat 7
>Same shit
>Snes Cores with crackle audio and screen tearing and stutter
>Repeat 7
>Game Emu Music Core
>Does nothing, just crashes.
>Fuck Uninstall Everything
>CANNOT FUCKING DELETE ORIGINAL FOLDER NO MORE CAUSE ERROR
>Deranged Transfolks accuse you of YOU being one cause you hate RA
>Denial Denial Denial trick.
>Assuming you are just a retard cause you cannot get used to the UI in 10 seconds
>Stolen Cores
>Caused a suicide of someone (reagardless of who he was)

Rinse and Repeat.

Attached: 1650061978251.jpg (385x375, 34.86K)

I have used RetroArch for about 600 hours and literally none of this has ever once happened to me.

>DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL
>WERKS4MEE THEREFORE YOU LIE

Every single time.

It has the worst UI in existence and many of the best emulators aren't supported. It also runs like shit.

>Trust me bro, pinkie swear
>No shilling from mods guys.
>You are the (Insert slur for transpeople)!

This is just as bad as 8bitdo shilling.

Attached: FQAMDVmaAAAX-UM.png (720x540, 552.66K)

>snes core
>crackle audio and screen tearing and stutter
shut the fuck up retard lol

>IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME THEREFORE YOU LIE I HAVE ALL THESE MAGICAL PROBLEMS THAT ARE OBJECTIVE TRUTH
this is just as bad as shazamposting.

I see a lot of shitting on people who don't like RA, but youdon'tyou go ahead and try selling me on it instead? Why should I bother with RA?

>the mod pack of emulators

Attached: 1644231575520.png (607x400, 289.82K)

>I have no actual counter argument so i steal yours

>you cant just point out how retarded I am
lol
last (you)

I remember using retreo arch to emulate some nes and n64 games on my phone that shit was quite unstable,glitchy and it had framedrops for some reason. After going to other emulators i started to see considerable improvement.
>user are you mentally handicaped, how can you play emulators on phone and except stability.
I'll give it another try on pc when I'll start emulating again, if I see the same problems on there too I'll take everybodys mothers dead or alive that use retroarch and act mad when people say they wont use it because it has a lot of stabillity problems and put it up my dick and penetrate their asses

>works on my machine :)

>600 hours
Thanks for the totally trustworthy and genuine statement, shill-kun

Well it has a pcsx2 core.

Haha I'm just going to keep using standalone though

*ahem*
PEBKAC
That is all.

It actually has been crashing a bit for me recently but I'm too scared to reconfig. Also BSnes HD's audio crackling is awful.

yeah, but its not very good
stop samefagging schizo freak

Cope shill

Cope schizo

You're supposed to just be using "bsnes"' core, that's the most accurate and up-to-date.

Most of them are way too autistic for me so i've pretty much given up on them now.

I've spent more time learning Retroarch than learning every single emulator I've used, 90% of that time learning how to configure controls, which is a god damn nightmare.

Retroarch is bad because it doesn't offer nearly enough reasonable, measurable improvements to the actual emulation and play of GAMES, not graphics, not filters, not other shit, but BETTER GAMEPLAY.
In fact it's usually the opposite, most cores are severely outdated unless you're talking shit like gen 5 which is nearly perfect any way you play it.
Can't play ps2, psp, gamecube, wii, DS on it without massive massive MASSIVE issues.

Performance is much better in RetroArch cores vs. standalones for gen 5 and earlier. The only reason those gen 6 cores are not as good yet is because there are not any developers focused on those, they care more about the gen 5 and below stuff. It has nothing to do with RetroArch or Libretro.

90% of the negative stuff here is MAMEdev shills, RetroArch detractors, and braindead idiots just regurgitating dumb shit and outright lies.

> Can't play ps2, psp, gamecube, wii, DS on it without massive massive MASSIVE issues.

PSP and DS are fine. As for the other systems, obviously the focus of the developers is not on those more recent systems. Things are going to get improved but you're an idiot if you think that is where the priority is going to.

Way to identify yourself as a kiddie wanting piracy. The focus is not on gen 6 and later in RetroArch, even a retard like you should know that.

Retro arch is bad because I don't need to DL all this fucking bloat. I can just download and configure the emulators I want. Retroarch users are the brainlets of emulation.

Attached: 1619037008404.gif (220x221, 595.59K)

>90% of that time learning how to configure controls, which is a god damn nightmare.
How? You don't need to adjust inputs at all if you have a standard layout controller (DS3, DS4, DS, 360, XB1, XSX, Wii U Pro, Switch Pro, 8bitdo Pro 2, etc.) And then beyond that you just swap the buttons in the controls of a game, and you can save them for the entire core or just for one game.

Run-ahead, frame delay, any custom aspect ratio, changing controls on a per-game basis, sync to exact framerate allows you to play every game at native framerate (e.g. some Arcade games run at 61.68fps and others at 54fps)

PPSSPP and melonDS play totally fine on RetroArch, what the fuck are you talking about lol. Both are no more than a month behind and work great.

You download only the cores you want you fucking retard brainlet.

I can just download the emulators. I don't need a program to run them.

Retroarch is not a launcher.

>I don't need to DL all this fucking bloat
>proceeds to download individual emulators with scatter shot install directories, save directories, maybe "content" folders, mix of portable and installed, who knows where UGC like saves and SS go
more power to you

retard

sorry, not save directories. config directories even between portable and "installed".
citra prefers appdata, dolphin prefers documents. some emus act portable by default. it's a toss up.