How did Nintendo fuck Sony so hard?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (830x1055, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uZWKuUymKdM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_generation_of_video_game_consoles
store.steampowered.com/app/460790/Bayonetta/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how would it look like if you could actually buy the ps5 though

by not releasing the same gen consoles and counting old hardware next to a 4x pricier device

By having games. Switch has so many of them

Switch has been out for like 3 years more, so it isn't a very fair comparison.

Switch sales are still very impressive, though. The most surprising thing is that it isn't slowing.

Most of which are ports from other systems, or old games. All of which run like shit

What does living in a state of constant cope feel like?

cant decide between switch and steam deck, although I got a decent steam library, I can play them on my pc, now what kind of games would you recommend to me that aren't on steam? (I already played trough breath of the wild on emulator, and i'm not into platformers)

cock and balls from the top and the side

sony went pozzed and focused on amerishit market

>childs toys outsells overpriced drm machines that are out of stock
PC WINNS AGAIN!

youtu.be/uZWKuUymKdM

Nintendo didn't fuck Sony. Sony fucked themselves, while Nintendo disregarded their competitors.

THANK GOD CONSOLES ARE FINALLY DEAD!!!!

Daily remember Sony quit handheld console.

>cant decide between switch and steam deck
Just be an idort
>what kind of games would you recommend to me that aren't on steam?
Triangle strategy, xenoblade, bayonetta, fire emblem

sony is easily fuckable
and I should know

How will Nintendofags cope when Switch 2 fails because Valve has made it irrelevant? When Nintendo starts using modern GPUs they're going to run into the same supply issues as everyone else but Steam Deck will have more games and options

Attached: c2ba95bc5e01e12773ea11b56a1957b2.jpg (1114x992, 953.17K)

Is switch really this gen, or just a last mid gen? when is switch pro with real games and graphics coming out that don't look like blurry shit on a 4k TV?

I don't understand this comparison.
>top
Sony won against their competitors.
>bottom
Nintendo is leading the handheld market. Sony is leading the home console market in shipped units, but M$ has been selling more in the last 3 months or so.

well only bayo seems interesting, maybe xenoblade dont know much about it. kinda wish they would release a more powerfull switch soon. has genshin come out for it yet?

By thinking the others would keep failing forever.

It's open to debate, Wikipedia for example still puts the Switch back in Gen 8 but to me that's retarded when the WiiU is also in Gen 8 and the Switch is going to last at least another 2 years

If they only just make a powered up version of the Switch with DLSS they already won.
There's no winning against Nintendo son, it's being going until now for a reason.

When Steamdecks get sold in actual stores is when Nintendo should worry

its gen 9 if you count failed consoles like Virtual Boy

gen 10*

I don't think handhelds were really ever properly counted in the console generations with any certainty, and yes the Virtual Boy is considered a handheld (or at least portable) console, as weird as that sounds.

I just remembered that Steam Deck exists thanks to your post.

is switch counted towards home console or handheld? is switch lite a home console too despite being exclusively handheld?

Haha well memed

PS2 had the most games.

Every playstation after that has like 3 apiece.

It a home console always has been

by (gasp) making games

I'm sure Nintendo will be shaking in their boots once Steamdecks don't keep getting stolen in the mail.

Is Doom Eternal a handheld game? Or The Witcher 3?

lite too?

>The Switch is considered by Nintendo a home console that has multiple ways to play.

games

Attached: 1649356370237.png (200x200, 44.9K)

they are on steamdeck, yes it can be both. is mariokart a handheld game or just a game that can be both on handheld and console?

Games. I can't think of a single Xbox game I want to play. PS5 has Returnal and the DeS remake. Switch has countless games.

Because the Switch has a ton of amazing ganes and the PS5 has none.

how can I plug my switch lite to TV? plz halp

The PS2 has been out for 20 years.
The Nintendo Switch has been out for 5 years.

>PS5 has Returnal and the DeS remake
if you are expecting this and cant think of a single game to play on xbox, the Im afraid you have shit taste or dont actually research.

Remember when we had daily Sales therads when SOny was winning?

Every day for years. Every single day how Ps4 is winning
Now we dont even have sales threads once a week. Nobody cares abiut it suddenly lo

>The NDS is considered by Nintendo a third pillar that isn't the sucessor of the GBA

>PS5 has Returnal and the DeS remake

Attached: fdf.gif (159x90, 129.99K)

why consolecucks are so pathetic? most games are released on everything anyways

because both nintendo and xbox are beating sony,

yeah, a cretain group of "people" can't spam their anal vore goldface memes anymore.
How sad.

The only people who still buy consoles these days are literal children

Children prefer Nintendo

Simple as

The switch is a handheld before anything else. Look at the numbers of GBAs sold for the first image for a more equitable comparison.

Hey don't shoot the messenger, that's just what it says here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_generation_of_video_game_consoles
Obviously console generations are stupid in general because you're consistently trying to force every shaped peg into square holes

>dont actually research.
That's what I'm saying. I don't have to research those PS5 games to know they exist. I have literally no idea what's on xbox since nobody ever talks about it, which leads me to believe it has no worthwhile games.

>A console thats been out for 5 years vs two that's been out for 1 year

Attached: mfw.png (343x256, 154.41K)

Sony fucked itself with tlou2 and incessant wokeshit in their games. I can't wait for Kratos to be demolished by a strong black womynz.

ps3 was the last console ever i was willing to buy, just because paying to play online is just vomit inducing corporate money slurping.

It's more like the pc fucked sony, and sony fucked it's self by going woke. Nintendo basically quit being functionally retarded.

the rate of autism and nostalgia has increased and people don't need a dvd player anymore

Sony cucks have infested this place, now they're scattering like cockroaches when every other first party movie their daddy shits out is either a failure or sells mediocre

is PC gen 1 for ever? is it gen 11? is green team or red team winning?

with the advent of streaming services nobody needs a DVD player anymore

Have you seen the SeX's game lineup? It's dogshit. Literally no exclusives besides Flight Simulator.

It's mostly just Sonyfags.
They were so assblasted at "nogames" posting of last they blew a fuse and turned into the most obnoxious group on Yea Forums overnight. Then the PS5 came out and is having the same supply chip issues the Switch had in its early days and all of a sudden all of them wanted you to forget the fact they spammed their shitty vore fetish shit here for a month straight.
Worst of all the "nogames" posting came back and now all their shit is on PC anyway.

THIS, steam sales are on all time high, consolelets cant compete, so they just put their games on pc (halo, forza, god of war, horizon) and tendies box is so weak my shitty laptop can emulate it. god it feels good to be a mustard

Turn of the century:
>"Real gamers" shun the gamecube because Nintendo leads with games that cement it as "kiddy shit"
>Casuals shun Nintendo because the PS2 is also a good DVD player
2020:
>"Real gamers" shun PS5 because it doesn't have any fucking games
>Casuals shun PS5 because it's ludicrously overpriced and hard to get
It's that simple.

Attached: 1650144741713.png (1200x969, 276.47K)

>I have literally no idea what's on xbox
hence you dont research and share your ignorant opinion

motherfucker

well xbox fans are almost non-existant, and nintentodlers are happy eating crayons, so of course snoynigs gonna chimp out

>and turned into the most obnoxious group on Yea Forums overnight
their website got shut down so they came here

Attached: 1623026477002.png (1200x1662, 396.92K)

>no exclusives besides Flight Simulator.
good thing I play vydia for the games and not for the exclusives.

I never bought a PS machine for the exclusives, I play mostly 3rd party games.

oh god the modern consoles are such dogshit, and all have no games, thank god I built a decent pc in time

Wait, the Xbox actually defeated the Gamecube? Holy shit

The answer is twofold: Sony itself and diminishing returns.
When Sony bribed all the 3rd parties into abandoning Nintendo during the N64/PS1 era it forced Nintendo to invest in itself and strenghten their IPs.
20 years ago it wasn't possible to build a portable device in the same ballpark as a home console. It is possible now and the difference is going to get smaller and smaller every year. Technologies like DLSS will only accelerate it. The ability to play portably makes Switch a better value proposition than PS5

you mean halo ce and 2 defeated the whole gamecube? YES

store.steampowered.com/app/460790/Bayonetta/

Wasn't the PS2 supported and manufactured for long after the other two? Plus Xbox entered late 2001 compared to PS2's 2000 release.

sony are sneaky bastards and are making money from pc sales as well

Post yfw Switch outsells PS2

Attached: 1638587189430.jpg (680x682, 36.42K)

Not happening. we're already seeing the console sales going down

Attached: b15.png (680x383, 267.41K)

Still has a long way to go but considering that Nintendo said that the console has only reached half of its life, I wouldn't be surprised if in two more years it surpasses the amount. Most importantly, it would have done it in an even shorter amount of time.

switch is dominating because they combined their handheld market with their home console market.
Also sony and xbox literally cant make enough consoles, everything is sold out still

>countless
The fact that you can't count doesn't mean the Switch has so many games they can't be counted. Get Nintendo's dick out of your mouth for one second

Attached: 1619535071227.jpg (322x322, 14.09K)

I would be happy because that would help put an end to the trend of the sony walking simulators

video games
switch has them
ps5 doesn't, ps4 still gets more games than the ps5 does

>switch is dominating because they combined their handheld market with their home console market.
cope
>tendies get more games on a single system since Nintendo doesn't have to divert attention to 2 systems
>devs focus on the Nintendo console because it gets more combined sales
>snoy and M$ can't do this because their efforts at handhelds were....LMAO

they mass report threads that speak ill of sony and even the famitsu threads, that snoys started posting to begin with

i thought the OG xbox sold like twice as much as that

Switch has been out for 5 fucking years. If you want to make comparison at least make correct ones