Boomer Shooters

What is the best modern shooter and why is it Dusk?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_DUSK_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 153.04K)

To be honest none of these were good enough for me to finish them twice.

DUSK is great,but stuff like ultrakill and boomerang X (also hopefully selaco) feels like its pushing the genre forward,when DUSK just felt like a way to tell zoomers "hey,boomershooters can be really fun".
also its level design really lacks next to most popular DOOM wads.

Why would you replay the game that released not that long ago?

Attached: 20211228201127_1.jpg (1920x1080, 420.93K)

"boomer shooter" sounds retarded just call them retro shooters
also 2.5D > 3D

Attached: 1646553628136.png (480x360, 261.66K)

>not a single boomer shooter indie hack dev has managed to create a weapon as cool, fun and powerful as the BFG9000

Attached: 1630869981468.png (1280x720, 132.87K)

its not about ability, its about bfg9k being ludicrously overpowered and would only fit a slaughter shitfest which nobody wants

Mate, Dusk is basically a straight upgrade from original DOOM aside from some differences here and there.
>level design really lacks next to most popular DOOM wads.
Please enlighten me because I aint seen shit that Dusk pull and Dusk isn't even all that out there.

on continuous starts,a BFG-like weapon is hard to balance.

3D is a downgrade from 2.5D

I agree with you but I purposefully chose to call them "boomer" shooters because that gave this thread a higher chance to pick off.
In fact I hate all the -oom shit.

Attached: 1637961202056.jpg (719x707, 59.86K)

>DUDE ITS SO FUN!!!
oh yeah shooting it once into a room of enemies and completely fucking up any challenge in the game is very fun.

t. devs
easily solvable by having extremely limited ammo

>straight upgrade
the roster is alot worse,really doesn't hold up as well
>Please enlighten me
valiant (and ancient aliens) mogs DUSK in combat with bigger and better fights,an enhanced DOOM2 roster (just enough change to spice it up,but still firmly DOOM 2),amazing music, and a great tenancy to always give weapons and ammo at the right time.
can still nullify large fights.

Attached: valiant.png (2160x1080, 3.27M)

>the roster is alot worse,really doesn't hold up as well
What roster? Weapon? Yeah, ok. Enemies? Fuck no. Level design? Dusk shits down doom's neck.

Attached: 606a9b7ee5cedb90a8ebc71007ef59b86e43b5807e176ac517bb7a6e59b53b4f.jpg (200x267, 12.23K)

I'm working on my own boomer shooter.
You guys have any advice?

Attached: 1610191228863.jpg (658x573, 47.23K)

>can still nullify large fights.
And that's bad.. because? Not every battle needs to be a borefest

always use a bathroom whenever you can you never want to get caught out needing shit and nowhere to go

> ultrakill
I dunno I don't need to have an epileptic seizure to have fun with a videogame

90% of these 'boomer shooters' are an absolute grift and you faggots need to get gassed for playing them.

Attached: doooosk.png (1080x1519, 798.87K)

The market is oversaturated already. Luckily 90% of them is shit, so you have a chance.

I need to stop falling for EA scams..

Attached: 1637521365283.png (616x353, 238.6K)

t. sucks with BFG

>fuck no
fuck yea,nothing even close to good shit like archviles,revanents,or the pressure of a well-placed chaingunner,the wall that just 2 barrons can create,etc.
not to say the roster in DUSK is bad (its good),but next to DOOM,its not as good
>names wad that's better,cause i said wads
>refuses to address it (probably cause you've never played it)
turns a fight that could have shown the player something into a moment to use the BFG
im not against a BFG type weapon,but its hard to strike a balance.
me neither.

Best one I've played is probably Ion Fury.

I noticed the artstyle was lower poly than actual retro games but this one is plain ugly. Those shitty unshaded textures, damn.

Worked in Doom.

Ion Fury was technically impressive and pretty much that's it. It's the definition of soulless to me.

Voltride is better and has a satisfying skill component as well.

Attached: amid_rock.jpg (1920x1080, 1.85M)

Dunno, I had fun playing it, though it felt like it was dragging on near the end.

the combat and level design is too good to pass up, sorry

90s humor and ascetic.

it drags on a bit and isn't as good as the build 3 (close or equal to duke,but further behind BLOOD or SW).
though overall a great game and really shows off the build engine well.

megaton, eduke32 or pic related?

Attached: 1633053354730.png (400x400, 292.95K)

eduke and raze.

challenge isn't everything

I am playing Dusk because it's great.

Attached: dusk2.jpg (1920x1080, 165.48K)

nooooooo
you can't like it because bad blocks
play this bullshit hard doom wad instead
nooooooooo

>glorified doom mod
>best at anything
yeah its best at being another shitty cookie cutter "retro" game. its the equivalent of zoomers thinking adding a vhs filter makes something look classic and tasteful

Attached: 3A5827D11D7641F58F8C8852406FD442.gif (480x270, 3.87M)

>>names wad that's better,cause i said wads
>>refuses to address it (probably cause you've never played it)
Fucking wut? I said I have NOT seen those supposed wads.

>doom mod
>not quake
fake boomer detected

You havent played it.

>just call them retro shooters
this

checking out Forgive me, Father
it is very lovecraftian

Attached: 2.png (1366x768, 1.69M)

im going to call them boomer shooters and wannabe boomer shooters because it makes people too many opinions seethe

based

I would try one if they didn't look like absolute lazy crap without any visual design philosophy every time

You don't know what you are saying you are just repeating things you have seen.

Dusk is poser trash and made for plebs who didn't even knew why Quake or Doom were actaully good. Poorman's Blood.

Quake had actual level design.

Care to explain why?

Amid Evil has a BFG with a black hole alt fire.

Ion Fury is the only one that feels like a classic shooter instead of some shitty student project.

The amount of levels you get really annoys me. I don't think I'm going to have enough for almost half the skills and some things are really useless without them.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark what else.

Having conversations with people who would play the same game a hundred times get really tiring.

>Everything it does has been done better by every classic shooter
>Enemies are lazy uninspired garbage.
>Weapons are either just generic or forgettable
>Combat feels more like Serious Sam than something from a classic shooter
>Lazy ass, amateur level designs
You're much better off playing Doom and Quake mods than this shit.

doom didn't? what the fuck are you trying to say here?

you said to enlighten you,so i did,you said nothing about it after like you never heard what i said.

ITT: zoomers defending literal griftware

I'm playing games and having fun, seethe

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 179.82K)

ITT: one boomer malding

>Perfect Dark
legit the best FPS made, nothing compares

Ion Fury had me bored the quickest of any NuBoomer Shooter and I honestly not entirely sure why.
I think it might be cause it's the most "at-face-value" of any of these sort of games. Despite all this new games being called boomer shooters, many of them adapt or have extre gimicks that seperate them from most. DUSK is often described as a Quake wannabe but it's level desighn and gimicks are nothing like in Quakes. Hedon is more akin to Strife than anything which could barely qualify as a Boomer Shooter, Ultrakill's got that combo system, Serious Sam has that deranged level of enemy spam and etc.

Ion Fury is just another build engine game, which isn't at all a bad thing but it's pretty much the same ride all throughout with what you experience in the first levels being more or less the same what you expreinece the whole game but of course with greater difficulty.

based

playing nightmare reaper myself right now, great game

gonna cry about it?

>It's the definition of soulless to me.
They made it on an outdated engine. It's anything BUT soulless, ESL.

>Memesk
No
Ion Fury is Best nu-boomer shooter of all time

Attached: MV5BYTYzNWUzNTEtMTRlNi00OWI2LTkwZDYtNTQxYThiNGE1OTgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg (1326x1800, 1.71M)

It's nice but the pokemon minigame is cancer. Also some times I got lost hard.

youre right and i plan to keep it that way

I wanted to like it but I almost fell asleep playing it, never finished it

Make sure the pistol and the shotgun are good

The shit you said applies to dusk, in fact even more so than doom. So you don't have a point.
>>Everything it does has been done better by every classic shooter
Like?
>Enemies are lazy uninspired garbage.
I fail to see how KKK cultists, demon rams, scarecrows with shotguns, invisible windigos, mechanical bomber fembots etc are uninspired.
>Weapons are either just generic or forgettable
They are a basic selection. Doesn't make them actually bad or poorly implemented.
>Combat feels more like Serious Sam than something from a classic shooter
What the fuck are you smoking? Dusk is almost identical to doom if you compare it to Serious Sam.
>Lazy ass, amateur level designs
Such as? The only outright bad level is the blue arena thing in episode 3. Otherwise its vastly superior to doom.

worthless opinion confirmed

Aftershock when!? I need the increased difficulty it will add as maximum fury is getting too easy.

Attached: D.C. Meltdown - Ion Fury 26_11_2021 17_35_56.jpg (3840x2160, 2.28M)

hrot is floaty and very unevolved but desu I think it's a better shooter than dread templar atm.
Dread templar has almost all the ingredients but something is just off, none of the guns are the shooting feels right, enemies and maps are one-dimensional.

After a while, just turn off the minigames as the extra currency is negligible.

Don't forget that aftershock will include a mirrored version of the base campaign for more replay value.

HRot was what I was afraid DUSK would be: Really ugly and really boring.
DUSK ended up being fantastic and, well, still ugly but had some actually nice aesthic levels.

HRot's demo on the other hand only put me off from it.

>pixel perfect jumps
>too many fucking secrets
naw suck the dick of the game because build engine all you want or the art style but it's not actually anywhere as good as people even claim it to be

>Ashes Afterglow
>New episode neverever

Even getting to level 10 to get out of the first area was a bother.

How are those complains?

>pixel perfect jumps
What? I never had any issues with jumping in IF.
>too many fucking secrets
Since when is that a complaint?

I love everything about it except that the shotgun is isn't that good and a six shot, but the pistol is REALLY good to offset.
>pixel perfect jumps
Yeah and this is Yea Forums, are u mad u can't git gud?

Anyways, yeah the movement is perfect, most of the enemies are decent, and the MAPS are fucking SUBLIME.
>Dusk map
abloo abloo lovecraft terror low polygon
>Ion Fury Map
So you're in this hub level for this underground base and have to spend 4 hours going deeper into it and fighting zombies and meta-humans to turn on a sewage switch which will also turn on an elevator to go up one floor in this hospital

Yeah szymanski got BTFOd

>I fail to see how KKK cultists, demon rams, scarecrows with shotguns, invisible windigos, mechanical bomber fembots etc are uninspired
nta but the enemies are just rednecks and farm shit mixed with a hell cult. devil worshippers out in the woods isnt exactly original.

Anyone who had beat Forgive me Father with any tips for the boss that runs around and spawns clones?

I think that guz is now working with Hedondev on Thief-clone

>except that the shotgun is isn't that good
What? the shotgun is god-tier. It's got the power of Blood's and the range of Douk's.

The shotgun is a fucking machine if one can actually aim. You'll drop the red cultists in a single shot even on maximum fury. Ammo for it is everywhere which makes it a real workhorse weapon.

Attached: Ion Fury 2021-02-08 22-04-17.webm (800x450, 1.01M)