FF14

Why aren't you playing the queen of MMORPGs right now, Yea Forums?

Attached: h.jpg (1347x2000, 605.77K)

I am. It's a decent braindead filler game to play in between actual games.

Simply because it is not fun, so why bother?

bro you just don't get it. the themes and the foreshadowing and the philosophy. it's all above you. keep seething, wowtroon.

Simple

Because It's an overrated boring mess

Love everything about it except the predatory subscription model and the sheer amount of dead boring quests. Seriously the first 10 hours is nothing but "go here" "kill 5 of these" "grab that" "talk to him" for fuck sake even Elder Scrolls Online has better quests.

yeah, FFXIV has the worst mmo quest design ever created. this is legitimately impressive when you consider the genre.

Waiting for 6.3 so I can trust the entire main quest without needing other players. I really want to play Shadowbringers since people said it is good but fuck other people, I hate online content.

Does it ever get better though? Like is it the same even in the expansions? I refuse to believe the best quest I played in those 10 hours was the fucking Easter event chicken catching

The quests never get better, but the story improves a lot. The main reason to play this game is the story.

daily reset isn't for another 10 minutes. also, i had no idea there was so much lala-lust as evident from the last thread. makes me wonder

I keep trying to play it but the story is so generic and bland I just can't keep going. It's so slow paced, so much walking back and forth to talk to two NPCs over and over and over for hours at a time, occasionally changing maps just to do the same shit.
I also just don't enjoy the combat, it's very very slow paced, I got up to level 60 ish, someone bought me stormblood when I won a raffle in a steam group, so I played up to about there, had some fun, gave it a real earnest try but I just didn't like it.
Kept trying, but didn't.

the game is designed to covertly enable pedophilia. you can't be too surprised by all the pedos.

MMORPGs are trash for gays, all of them

i don't see any pedophilic imagery here

Attached: ffxiv_04122022_153850_787.jpg (1600x1024, 391.03K)

But I am

Attached: 1BA7798F-0EF9-4D20-A6AE-28200A2DF4F1.jpg (226x339, 22.38K)

I am. Not the new PVP though, I don't get all the fuss about it.

It’s fun

Because late Stormblood the devs started adopting no warning zones as well as instant death attacks to normal/leveling modes. And when those become daily roulette tasks to level alt jobs its just flat out anti-fun. After 10 years of being trained to move away from warning zones you cant just fucking take those away from me. So I asked them to shut down my account and they did.

Attached: 12.jpg (941x324, 59.47K)

Attached: 3CE2B253-12C9-43C8-880A-60203B4DFF63.jpg (483x378, 110.38K)

FFXIV players have low standards.

there is gonna be a graphics update in 2 years I'll just wait until then. I'm not paying 60 + 20 every month

>20 every month
what?

even if it's $10 I'm not paying for a subscription service.

Attached: 1629756314778.png (2160x868, 196.8K)

why?

Why would you get a standard sub instead of basic, especially as a new player?

because he's playing dumb to attempt to give his argument more credence

This. $30 for 2 months? Come the fuck on, give me $30 for a full YEAR and I'd consider subscribing. Hell, $15 a month is only reasonable if there's other shit too. Entire Final Fantasy lineup available for download, FF11 sub included, that type of stuff. Considering Xbox Game pass is around the same and most multiplayer games these days don't have a sub service, this just comes across as scummy. Don't forget if you sub and turn off subscribing they used to delete your character until you resubbed.

Most of my FC emigrated to the new Oceania servers and the husk that's left feels sad and lonely.

This the wowbuck cope thread? am i late?

can't, it's region locked

do you honestly think $15 a month is a lot? genuinely curious. i'm guessing you're a teenager who has never worked full time?

No but comparing to many other things $15 is a fuck load. I can get a whole new game for $15 or the aforementioned game pass. $15 to have the privilege to play a singular game is horrid. Idk what sorta deals they have but from my math that's $180 a year.

The quests definitely do get better. Nothing is as bad as ARR quests man. But unfortunately ARR has to be bad, even if you manage to feasibly cut out some of the filler crap, pacing and world building is important and you can't go 0 to 100 like it's mid Shadowbringers or something.

Finished Endwalker and I.AM.DONE. Great story but the gameplay is absolutely horrible. The scions also suck ass, which is why I won't be in 7.0 if they were there.

$15 a month gives you regular content updates and dedicated servers. You could probably get through the whole story in 2 months and if you make friends or enjoy hanging out in the world it's a lot cheaper than hitting the bar or amusement parks or something.

>play new raid
>WE ARE FUCKING GODS AND WE WILL RULE OVER HUMANITY, FACE US MORTAL
>lol jk it was just a joke bro, why did we do it? haha, dunno lol

great fucking writing

Attached: 1641082776541.png (569x601, 366.41K)

>h*lding h*nds
they must be really really good friends

I will say that I really wish they'd include XI with it. There's supposed to be a big announcement for the 20th anniversary so fingers crossed.

loll wait.
In order to play ff14 you have to pay to play monthly, even if you already purchase the content for 40 or 50??
why???

Attached: 1637533807547.jpg (314x295, 24.47K)

You get a free month, but otherwise the cheapest option is like $12 a month I think. There's also discounts for 3, 6, and 12 month subs. There's also a pretty good free trial.

have you not played any MMO? WoW does this too. You can play unlimited for the free trial but once you buy expansion and get out of the free trial you have to pay

I want to cum on Gaia's high heel boots.

I'll give them points for having an extremely generous trial mode but buying an expansion then being forced to pay a subscription to play the content you just brought will never sit right with me.

I've played the main story up to 5.1, then decided to just randomly fuck around. I have every job in the game up to at least level 55, but the tedium of leveling up is killing me, so I'm about to go back to the MSQ.

Because Black Desert has superior coom material.

Attached: 5677iwg0i8041.jpg (1246x1500, 178.57K)

This thread is full of obvious bait. Come on, guys - it's so fucking painfully obvious.

Attached: 1644789840257.png (1200x1012, 1.45M)

Neverwinter. Bless. and Tera. they are all free. what makes ff14 any different to pay monthly??

I'm not a weeb.

>open toe boots
Yes

>t. retarded zoomer or excellent troll who has these retards by the balls

Still better than the Nier raids.

i'm trying to get the last of the GARO mounts but people in Frontlines are fucking retards.

Attached: pvp.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

>Entire Alliance raid wipes after a 30 second cutscene because someone decided to do a funny and tip the balance
Sasuga Yoshida-san

Attached: 1627001050535.jpg (399x384, 19.14K)

i'm not touching it again until new trials, simple as

Attached: 1650183747082.png (639x814, 906.09K)

They're all full of terrible predatory cash shops and P2W cancer not to mention that they are bottom bin garbage.

is that daedric armor from oblivion by the people who made skyrim?

ARR questing is bad not just because the main story, but because the class quests rely on a lot of "kill x" for the first few levels and they're supposed to be done in lockstep with the MSQ. The game also doesn't dissuade the player from avoiding the boring ass levequests even though they're really not as necessary for leveling anymore with all the nerfs they've done for 1-30 (and all the content available at 30 that wasn't there back when ARR launched). Calling the sub model predatory is laughable because the game is practially freemium with the free trial now. Unless you think all MMO sub models are predatory, which is stupid because we'd never get new content between expacs if they didn't have a sub fee. We'd probably just get expacs with no patch content which would be awful.

>include SHB expanded role quest in MSQ by mentioning Unukalhai and Cylva
>don't mention at all the kid on the First who can open portals to the Void on command
Why does WoL only tell the Scions things if he is specifically asked about them? Are we retarded?

not a good arguement or answer when its the same shit paying monthly on top of it.

Attached: All Items _ FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store - Google Chrome 4_17_2022 10_47_57 AM.png (1122x957, 1.37M)

it does look like that, huh...
it's the archfiend attire when you get to series rank 25 in PVP. in my opinion i quite like it.

Attached: pvp2.png (1080x1920, 2.85M)