Okay so i haven't played the new Resident Evil Games, I only played 0-4...

Okay so i haven't played the new Resident Evil Games, I only played 0-4. I was wandering: does the story of the last 2 games have anything to do with the games that came before it? From what i've seen, it seems completely different.

Attached: W61Q3wl6hdJHcGuOQBXksMOf.jpg (1024x1024, 372.5K)

*wondering

All you really need to know is if any type of corporation is mentioned they're the bad guys

i have a basic understanding of the resident evil story. But from what i've seen, the last 2 games seem to tell a completely unrelated story. Does umbrella or whoever show up in these games?

Only in small amounts

Why not play and find out?

Resident Evil series ends with 6 and Vendetta. That trash in your OP is literally new horror trash IP they slapped the RE title on. It's garbage fanfiction on top of being dog shit games as well.

If you want more RE play REV1, 5, REV2 and 6 and watch the 3 canon movies if you are a nerd about the series.

Does it matter? Who the fuck plays Resident Evil for the plot? Also I don't know how you got this far without knowing Chris Redfield shows up in both games.

Attached: Polish_20220226_194154987.jpg (1080x1408, 378.3K)

its stupid and i love it

>Who the fuck plays Resident Evil for the plot?

Resident Evil fans

>Chris Redfield shows up in both games

No he doesn't. He arguably shows up in the worst one, VIllage. That faggot in 7 is not Chris. It does not look, sound or act like him no matter what the game decides to call him.

Blue Umbrella...get the fuck out of here.

Oh look the discord attention whore schizo is immediately here like a literal fly attracted to literal shit

>muh REAL RESIDENT EVIL FAN
>can't recognize pre-roids Chris

Attached: 1626668187778.jpg (400x504, 52.8K)

Yeah

VII rectons umbrella on the last hour, i don't even know what the fuck is village.

Both are garbage, you won't enjoy them. VII is fun for like 1 hour and then it shits the bed and becomes a shooter.

you are a fucking faggot

Attached: 1616269500632.jpg (1024x804, 81.1K)

cool but are the remakes good?

RE7 Chris is unironically the most accurate version of what Chris should fucking look like

Attached: RE1_Chris_Art_t.png (267x558, 164.22K)

remake 2 is kino. a must play.
remake 3....well i passed on that one

No.

>hates 7
>hates remake 2
>loves re6 and the revelation dogshit

Attached: rwj.png (1500x1500, 1.24M)

Zoomers need everything quickly summarized to them instead of experiencing things for themselves

both story and gameplay of these games have nothing to do with resident evil series

i never said i loved 6 and revelaitons. Go play survivor if you want a fps

>are the demakes good?
fuck no

contrarianism is a mind poison. you are killing yourselves

Attached: 1561950907800.jpg (750x750, 42.16K)

isn't it the other way? Remake2 and 3 are basically their own thing.

REmake 1 and 2 are good. Remake 3 is disappointing because of so much content cut but still fun.

Your thread is done now that discord schizo is here. He poisons every RE thread he touches. Sorry.

In any case, here is my recommended play/watch order for RE games and movies in sequence. REmake 1 over original is non negotiable for me, for the others you can play either version first depending on your preferences and then maybe play the other version later once you are done with the series. I do think the Remakes help keep the gameplay fresher for a full series playthrough because they add variety early on.

REmake 1 > 2 > 3 > 0 > CVX > 4 > Degeneration (mv) > REV1 > 5 > Damnation (mv) > REV2 > 6 > Vendetta > STOP

Remove the movies if you're not a RE nerd. I am so i enjoyed them.

Attached: 1649365977792.jpg (1418x996, 205.32K)

in the end of re8 they tie it together with the events of previous re games, in a very lazy way even for re 'lore' standards may i add

>Resident Evil series ends with 6 and Vendetta.

if you're gonna go down that route, then RE ended with RE3, the last good RE game. Everything since 4 has been trash, though 7 and Village were at least fun games, even if they were poor RE games. 4-6 are the true travesty.

>Not liking REV2 and REV3 means you are schizo
>Puts them on the lower half of his list

Bro your self awareness?

thanks

are you calling me the "discord schizo" because i dislike the revelation games?
lol. well anyway theyre just boring games so it's not surprising there's a dedicated autists that hates them.

hey alright. Didn't read

nice reading comprehension you stupid cunt

>Didn't read

cope harder

rev3?

If you do decide to watch the movies keep in mind that the animation does get better after the first one. As for the movies itself, you gotta appreciate schlock to like them.

Revelation Games have a lower budget than mainline titles so keep that in mind. They are more like filler stories in between games like the movies but they are fun.

REV1 and 2 my b

7/ 8 avatarfag is the schizo. Learn the basics of how threads and comments work, please.

You’re in the minority with that opinion (and you know it), but you do you.

OP how are you liking the series so far? Favourite game? Favourite character? Favourite weapon?

Attached: Redfield caboose.jpg (1920x1080, 291.08K)

>favourite game
re1
>favourite character
rebecca
>favourite weapon
knife

>Recommended Play/Watch Order
>recommends REmake 1 over the original (probably because he played it first on PS4)
>includes the awful CG films but not any other supplemental material
>no Chronicles despite Krauser's characterization and the actual end of Umbrella only being in those games
>puts Revelations 1 before 5 despite Revelations 1 having a completely different gameplay style more reflective of 6
>no mention of Wesker's Report, the full Trevor Files, Outbreak, Survivor, Dead Aim, etc.
>no manga
>puts a big STOP because somehow 7 and 8 are worse than fucking Vendetta and 6 (and I fucking hate 7)
>puts 0 BEFORE CVX and AFTER 3 for some fucking reason that only a schizo would know the answer to, despite 0 releasing after CVX and chronologically taking place before 1, as well as the game itself having a gameplay style borderline identical to REmake

Ignore this avatarfag, production order is always best.
>1
>The True Story Behind Bio Hazard
>2
>3
>Survivor
>CV
>Wesker's Report
>Survivor 2
>4D Executer (movie)
>Gaiden
>REmake
>Wesker's Report II
>0
>Outbreak 1 and 2
>Dead Aim
>4 (with Separate Ways)
>Ada's Report
>Degeneration
>Umbrella Chronicles
>5
>5's DLC stories
>Darkside Chronicles
>Revelations
>Operation Raccoon City
>Damnation
>Marhawa Desire
>6
>Heavenly Island
>Revelations 2
>Umbrella Corps
>7 + Banned Footage DLC
>Vendetta
>Not a Hero + End of Zoe
>REmake 2
>REmake 3
>Resistance
>Village
>Infinite Darkness
>Village's DLC

If you want me to include radio dramas, novels, and stage productions, I will

7 is kino, 8 not so much

>Umbrella Corps
thats cool and all but why the fuck

It's canon :^)
If you're wondering why Gaiden and ORC are there if that's my reason, I put them there because I can
Production order every single time.

Attached: 1607478921022.jpg (1600x1500, 889.6K)

i doubt your OP with this meme reply

>le knife XD

i had the most fun in re1 with just the knife. thats why its my favourite weapon

OP if you do decide to continue the series, when you get to 6 go into the main menu options after the intro sequence and turn Icon Display Off. Use the in game PDA button to check for where to go check on ammo and check on health. You can press it once and the display will come on for 10 seconds. Trust me, this improves the game significantly. You can also change the reticle back to laser sights if you prefer and turn auto reload off for more tension in combat.

>I only played 0-4
You've played everything that matters.
RE7 was a god-awful soft-reboot, and the quality of all post 2005 games have been just bad.

>RE7 and 8 is even liked around here in general but because of the schizo autist the pic was made.

top kek

Ok user, whatever you say.

7 and DEmake2 literally made RE6 seem like a good game. Revelaitons were always okay; nothing special but enjoyable.

only good REmake was the 2002 original.
The DEm2-3 are just insultingly awful zoomer trash.

there goes replying to himself again

>Confirms hisnelf as a actioncucks
Your opinions is irrelevant

Attached: 1601039540614.png (1068x1120, 1.27M)

Attached: 1650173294471.png (855x465, 329.53K)

>depressed 30 something clinging on to his youth

Yes, somewhat, Revelations too, but as others have said, the RE plot is retarded so who really cares?

Reset the counter

Pandering to long time, oldschool fans is politically incorrect now. Only racists pander to bigoted forever yesteryears. Progressive people want, as the name implies, progress. If you don't just leave the old behind but also shit on it instead - you are literally Hitler.
That is why new games and tv shows suck.

Yes they're connected, yes they're worth playing as is pretty much every resident evil game (I've never played the rail shooter ones or umbrella corps so can't vouch for them). Dive in and enjoy. The originals, the remakes and the spin offs make this the greatest series in gaming history and long may it live

I love the originals myself and 3 remake does fall short of og3 by quite some distance (graphics aside) but I thought 2 remake was better than og2 in pretty much every way