Super difficult trap and locked chest reveals a book that sells for 1gp

>super difficult trap and locked chest reveals a book that sells for 1gp
>companion aggros whole dungeon
why did I come back to this piece of shit

Attached: nwn.png (364x273, 101.15K)

Because nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

for me, it's boisterous goodnatured

You picked this portrait your first playthrough as a kid, didn't you?

Attached: nwncc.jpg (800x600, 234.57K)

Still more soul than the entirety of nu-dnd today. I'd take OC any day over the special needs garbage writing, characters or setting the abomination that is fantasy now

I picked the dude to his left even though I was not a druid

No, the guy with the candles
He's supposed to be a sorcerer or wizard, but for some reason I thought that looked fitting for a cleric

The assassin with the dagger next to him. Afterwards I usually just picked one of the hoodied ones.

No, I like to play as old men.

Because playing non challenging games that throw rewards at you for merely running them on your computer is far worse.
If every chest was full of treasure it would be meaningless.

chad top right

No big dick helmet man

Last decent RPG

I hate this cunt.

Attached: 1642514311707.jpg (852x1024, 103.69K)

I loved Aribeth.
She's not a cunt. Most of you just can't handle her.

She deserves to rot in that icy hell.

>he didn't get the threesome

Deekin best boy

Are they stalactites or stalagmites?

You came back for the persistent world servers and possibly Deekin, not the campaign as a whole.

took the horned helmet guy in front of fire

>Playing online
>Everyone picks the most annoying voices, like the asabi thrall
>"AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAAHHHH!"

>playing a barbarian character that can’t see traps
>trying to rescue dryad from wizards mansion
>have to shamble around like a retard back and fourth constantly waiting for Tomi to get close enough to disarm them
>instakilled constantly from le whacky spike trap right outside doors

been playing this for the first time and goddamn was that miserable, taunted the faggot as soon as he surrendered and turned him into red mist

any hints I should know about ?

Attached: 9F0738CE-82BA-411A-B194-7B032B54A929.jpg (678x381, 47.27K)

Never played it as a kid, enjoying Divinity Original Sin 2 right now, is the Switch port worth it?

Heard the controls are abysmal, but I'm ok with CRPGs on Switch

yes

its poor design, other RPGS of the time were less lazy

play baldurs gate instead and dont pick up the new characters aka neera rasaad and dorne

I think I actually did.

how the fuck did you know unironically??

Attached: sweaty.jpg (557x504, 77.17K)

Daily reminder that if you didn't play this at launch for the persistent worlds you will never experience the true gameplay

Attached: 1621256918593.png (1200x1166, 1000.63K)

my toaster could only run the tutorial and the area before the prison district

Having no good prize in chests is fine. The companion AI was terrible but at least partially a product of its time

melee classes sucks

the chest doesn't need a good prize, but putting an object that makes no sense to be there as clear filler is dumb. It's predecessor Baldurs Gate 2 had much better AI which wasn't even that good

This, you can play a cleric and on top of healing and damage spells, your buffs make you stronger than any melee class on low-magic worlds (or in the NWN campaign)

I wish the second game didn't suck so much.
First one kinda sucks now too. You just spam 50 buffs and its godmode.

I picked the barbarian (second from left top row) then realized melee fucking sucks and started over as one of the slutty chick ones.
You know the one.
Its like that one, but its slutty.

To be fair, the original campaign was balanced around the original spells, not including the ones added in SotU and HotU. There are also some spells that were just broken from the beginning, like Harm and Heal.
You can even make a lot more money early on by casting continual flame on every equippable item before you sell it.

nu-D&D

Attached: 68232157784681.png (778x936, 681.5K)

Just let it go user, 5e was garbage anyway

>Isaac's greater missile storm

Attached: 2345835.jpg (500x500, 31.83K)

Because finding a good translated D&D system is difficult, specially when the 3rd was the best and now with 5ed it went all to hell and the new Baldur's Gate will be a faggotry woke shitshow
I recommend Temple of Elemental Evil and Icewind Dale 2 if you can muster the shit infinity engine

Attached: 55578235446998.png (831x868, 703.83K)

It fascinates me.

Attached: 15748745334874.png (867x981, 815.6K)

No, the candle wizard because only human wizard portrait that doesn't look retarded. Then I learned about importing portraits and got a better one.

2 got a lot of shit but I enjoyed it

Strike at them! Attack!
Attack! I sassy attack!
Get on 'em!
Perish as you should!

By my direction, attack!

Why doesn't someone make a spiritual successor to NWN? The MMO market is so bloated; make something different that costs far less to develop and maintain instead.

RIP YA TO SHREDS

What is Owlcat?

Do their games have multiplayer with a DM client, dedicated server, and an easy-to-use editor?

PW didn't exist at launch you stupid rat nigger.

>What is Owlcat?
ReD&Ditt

There's software, like TaleSpire, for online roleplaying games. They allow you to create campaigns, scenarios, etc and play in them as if it was tabletop.
Sure you don't have the gameplay aspect but they're easier to set up than a persistent server in NWN/NWN2. It's not a spiritual successor of NWN, unfortunately, but that's the modern take that someone had the same way that Dragon Age: Origins was the modern take at continuing the CRPG genre.

just another pozzed company that hires mentally ill people to develop their games

Attached: 651323286798418.png (1806x495, 73.61K)

A company full of shitty Russkies who couldn’t balance a game to save their lives.

tfw playing a halfling but your character is regular human size

>Inclusion
>Excludes actual fans

That's how inclusion works

How do I get lycanthropy?
Asking for a friend.

Why is playing Rogue solo such a fucking pain? Do I need to spam sneak attack during fights?

Consider multiclassing with assassin and shadow dancer. SD especially since it gives you an ability called Hide in Plain Sight that lets you hide even in combat.

I've done a few rogue runs. You need to rely on a companion or multiclass into someone to supplement your combat capacity. After 10 or 13 rogue drops off pretty hard. Shadowdancer can help get you get multiple sneak attacks, but you'll eventually start running into sneak attack immune enemies as things get more fantastical.