"Playing Super Mario on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator."

>"Playing Super Mario on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator."
>*laughter*

What's the joke?

Attached: 1632315089528.png (640x352, 188.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=us2VYJZBHlI
youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

autism

It's laughable for a grown man to play Nintendo games.

>nerd words
I have no idea what he said but it's funny because he's a nerd!

jewish conditioning into making you think that emulators are bad and something that sholud only be laughed at because they go hand in hand with pirating, which should be obvious why it's a no-no especially from a large tv show company

He is a physist, how does he know if an emulator is poorly coded or not?

nerd blackface

Nintendo 64 emulators ARE dogshit, and you should feel bad for defending it.

ah yes Project 64

n64 emulators were shit especially at the time, but I have no clue if that was intentional or not on their part and the show is largely just one big insult to """nerds""" so I'm NOT giving benefit of the doubt here.

No my fellow /pol user you overshot that by a mile it’s like the others said just a stupid joke to poke and make fun of le nerds because “haha”

n64 at the time of that episodes release were legitimately terrible. ps2 emulators ran better then

the show was made for normalfags to feel like they were "in" on nerd culture. That should answer all the questions you had about it.
This is why they had Steven Hawking, because normalfags know that name. Could you imagine if they had Michio Kaku talking about string fields and UFOs and ghosts and shit?

This is whats considered to be a deep cut reference to normies
You see, not only did he mention that he is playing a real game for a real console, he even gave the detail that he is using an emulator to play it. Not only that, but the writing is "detailed" enough to include that it is a poorly coded emulator, not even a good one.
These details make the show quirky and relatable to people with a vague understanding of what these words mean. It's just detailed enough to make it seem realistic but obscure enough that normies don't totally understand it, making him seem smart.
tldr funny autism man say the big word

Is n64 emulation that bad or is it just that many n64 were coded to run at sub 20 fps?

they were fine before 2007 when big bang theory started airing

nah. At the time that episode aired I had already gone through Goemon's Great Adventure on one.

Because he's a nerd and a gamer

He knew Mario 64 could run at 60 if it was properly optimized.

My mum watch big bang theory and she laugh like crazy at every joke.

doesn't mean the emulators weren't shit. I used to emulate snes games with an early version of zsnes and a lot of them were playable to the end. doesn't mean the emulator wasn't shit. you can keep using your boomer emulators if you want but I'd rather use the more accurate emulators that don't have any bugs or audio glitches or shitty outdated plugin systems

>computer capable of running the newest titles
>use it to play decades old games
isnt that the most common joke on this board?

the physicists I know at least dipped their hands into coding cause of class requirements.

My parent watch young sheldon now, what a terrible show

The joke is that someone on the writing team used project64

as if the audience for fucking big bang theory knows that

The joke isn't that he's playing old game on new computer. The joke is that he's playing game.

Fuck, I remember this scene. He was pissed because he wanted to play Mario with his roommate. In co-op. For Mario 64. Years before that mod came out.

Attached: psycho rage.jpg (200x229, 22.09K)

>"My new laptop came with Windows 7"
>Stifled chuckling
>"Windows 7 is much more user friendly than Vista"
>Hearty laughter
>"I don't like that"
>Cataclysmic howling

At least they got the sounds right during the scene, can you imagine the usual Atari Pac-Man sounds?

That he wasn't playing the PC port

Attached: file.png (438x411, 197.83K)

youtube.com/watch?v=us2VYJZBHlI

it's old

BBT is basically "nerdy words, but a normalfag"

I don't even know what the premise of the show is even supposed to be anymore, every time I catch snippets of it from my parents watching it these barely functional autists are all just talking about fucking their perpetually annoyed wives while making sure to sprinkle in a long word and a laugh track every other line.

youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

It's the same shit as late night talk show. There's no real joke except "This thing is bad but you're smart and not bad" to prompt the audience to laugh derisively at it.

Sounds a lot like modern Yea Forums humor

He's probably using bleem. God that thing was ass.

He's so intelligent but can't code a better emulator.

its nerd slice of life but they use a laugh track for almost every line because lol nerds say funny dumb shit

Are there any objectively great Nintendo 64 emulators?

this

>HEY GUYS, THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!
>*Laughter, renewed for 10 more seasons"

Why does Sheldon always shit on Arts subjects like English when he sucks Star Wars/LOTR cock?

Because you can't properly write a character that's smarter than you.

That Nintendo 64 emulators suck which is actually true so wow they did good. Surprised the audience understood the reference.

By calling it poorly coded, he's implying that it's shit. The joke is that he isn't having fun playing video games but he keeps playing it anyways.

The joke is that ALL video game systems are emulators, guy. Think about it.

You're an idiot.

Attached: 1645343265520.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Well excuuuuse me, princess.

>Hi user, you're a nerd, do you like Big Bang Theory!?

>he isn't having fun playing video games but he keeps playing it anyways.
So all of Yea Forums

> someone optimized the pc port 6X
> no longer poorly coded
bazoongos...

The PC port is a PC port. It's not emulated, it's a port. For PC. It's a PC port.

You can run the games fine from start to finish, but last I remember, some of the games can have noticeable issues and aren't emulated properly most of the times.
Sure you can make some perform better by adjusting the cores, but the state of its emulation is less than optimal to the likes of preceding consoles and even the entire sixt generation, that much is true regardless of whether you can make it perform well or not.

It's an awkward sort of laugh, you know you're supposed to laugh since someone told a joke and you don't get it but other people are laughing so it must be funny so you force yourself to laugh

spbp

This happens to me even though I'm not trying to joke though.

Attached: 1650138619406.png (368x285, 82.48K)

meds zoomer

They N64 has weird, complicated hardware. That's why writing good, accurate emulators for it is hard.
A lot of its gamed were Indeed sub30fps trash but that has nothing to do with the emulators themselves.
Well, at least with ParaLLEL, N64, emulation's been better than ever. Even Resident Evil 2 plays well.

This scene would actually make me chuckle (because I'm a simpleton) if it weren't for the laugh track raping my skull.

It's a standard tenet of humor, to be fair. It was probably a pretty early one. I have to imagine fart humor was the first.

Because it's 2022 and N64 emulation is still spotty as hell

Attached: fred yell.jpg (340x309, 17.66K)

no it isn't you retard