WOOHOO

WOOHOO
JUST WHAT I NEEDED

Attached: smw gba.jpg (800x809, 122.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=prIXaXB62Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=8asr6carh4Q&list=PLo8UkPyadaOOt6AgIPzpDsg0Sk_Bz-5LB&index=36
youtube.com/watch?v=sXlBVp_NAv8&
youtube.com/watch?v=FehpU0sjXrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MrtGe_UrZLA
youtube.com/watch?v=t2iicAjF9xI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mario if he couldnt shut the fuck up

I enjoyed all of these as well as the GBA DKC remakes.

Attached: MarioAdvance.jpg (960x713, 160.76K)

soul

OHH, MAMA-MIA!

Don't forget these delights.

youtube.com/watch?v=prIXaXB62Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=8asr6carh4Q&list=PLo8UkPyadaOOt6AgIPzpDsg0Sk_Bz-5LB&index=36

"THIS IS AS FAR AS YOU GO!"

It's a shame that these remakes didn't go to the lengths that SMB Deluxe did, if not for the screen crush, I'd say it's the best version of SMB.

Attached: Box_art_-_Super_Mario_Bros_Deluxe.jpg (1714x2100, 2.18M)

Pretty bullshit the GBA didn't get an actual original Mario game instead of just shitty ports.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Mario game as in traditional mario cause Superstar Saga was great

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong is better than any mainline Mario game

SMB Dx is a straight upgrade from the original

Meant for

Why didn't it have one? Miyamoto being a stringent cunt?

Better than youtube.com/watch?v=sXlBVp_NAv8&

Mario vs DK is really shitty sequel to DK '94.

>tiny viewing area
>unique physics removed from JP SMB2

You're drunk.

Intro sucks but it gets pretty funky after then.

Attached: 1584488789293.gif (300x300, 42.73K)

people shit on the advance games for some reason, but they fuckin slapped

The GBA had a very short life (at least when it came to being Nintendo's priority) so they probably just thought the 4 installments of the Mario Advance series would be god enough

Keep in mind the GBA came out in 01 and the DS was already out in 04.

(You)

It has way more content but yeah the tiny view distance ruins it all

Yeah I suppose when you lay it out like that, makes sense, I really feel like I got more game time out of the GBA than 4 - 5 years, weird.

I have to wonder though if there ever was one in development.

Attached: 1613634201276.jpg (800x658, 105.21K)

I wonder if this is a 32X situation where an enthusiast with a great understanding of the soundchip could produce something a lot better than the official effort.
youtube.com/watch?v=FehpU0sjXrQ

It did, infact, get an original Mario game. You just needed one of these bad boys and a copy of Super Mario Advance 4 to get it.

Attached: E-Reader.jpg (1500x1247, 228.83K)

GBA was still getting good games as far as 2006. Makes sense considering the DS's GBA slot. GBA games could still sell as budget games for a DS owner.

doom 2 for the gba sounds alot better

Did the amount of E-Reader levels rival the average Mario game?

They didn't really need it because outside of Advance 2 every port had new content. It's just that because Nintendo of Japan thought the E Reader was hotter shit than it actually was we just never got any of the later shit.

On that note being starved by Nintendo's stupidity and lack of faith is probabaly directly responsible for NSMB selling so well and (If you believe it) the Mario Mandate. Thanks E Reader

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 52.53K)

truly the hall of the mountain king of E1M1s

DS first Mario game was also a port though.

I'M
GONNA
FINISH
YOU
OFF

There are 38 levels, but 5 of them are just remakes of SMB1 stages. It'd be more accurate to say that there are 33 unique maps and 5 remade ones.

Platformers are so fucking miserable on GBA's resolution, never mind the voices.

Holy fucking pleb

TOOHOTTOTOUCH

this. that reduced camera size automatically makes it inferior.

This but unironically

The yoshi voice was one of the worst mistakes humanity ever made, in leagues with thalidomide and asbestos

HRNNNNNNNNG
WOAH
AWAWAWAWAWAWA
>these clips are used to this day

that's on the toddler game for nintendo 64 ruining the character for good

Doesn'tt even make sense since those were the sounds baby Yoshi's made, when they grow up they should sound like how the did in mario Kart 64

oof

Attached: NES vs GBC.png (768x672, 8.72K)

Okay true story: I had this cart and dropped it in the seatbelt holder of my parents mini van and then never saw it again

My older brother bought a truck once and he found Pokemon Yellow between the seats and gave it to me.

>It's a shame that these remakes didn't go to the lengths that SMB Deluxe did
Super Mario Advance 4 literally exists, user.

*In Japan

Attached: 634.jpg (500x494, 31.89K)

Add on content is different, the game as it was for the western world is barely any different to the snes version.

Mario 1 is rather primitive. 3, World, and Yoshi's Island hold up really well and didn't need a horoscope app.
I don't really care for Mario 2 so I don't have an opinion on it.

Out of curiosity I resized a NES resolution screenshot of the game and rescaled it to the res of a gbc (quick and dirty though, i'd like to make a cleaned up version), I wonder if the game had been done this way it'd still be well received.

Attached: NES Super Mario Bros resized to GBC resolution.png (160x144, 2.54K)

>kid me seething and never knowing what the Blue Toad house had, why you could go into the castle and why it was so big or how the hammer bros power up was locked to world E only
Fuck the E-reader.

user, there's an official SMB crunched to Game Boy size.
youtube.com/watch?v=MrtGe_UrZLA

The GBA, the original Nintendo port and remaster factory, but still a good handheld, but am disapointed it never got its own 2D Mario instead of older ones, even if the changes were neat and the new voice clips whatever.
I have a ROM of Super Mario Advance 4 (SMB) but with the E-Reader levels, I'll give them all a try and they should be good.

>bad boys
E-Readers were total pieces of suckage.

GBA has a different screen resolution to the GBC

Yo

How the hell is it a sequel to Dk 64?

Attached: download.jpg (224x225, 9.77K)

Reminder that super mario advance was going to be called super mario bros deluxe 2 among other names.

Get your fucking eyes checked retard.

super mario bros emulated on a gba using ez flash omega

Attached: 1650155687492.jpg (4080x2304, 2.8M)

That's more or less exactly what the Classic NES version is.

user get that dyslexia checked out.

Assuming this isn't bait
youtube.com/watch?v=t2iicAjF9xI