Games with good combat

Now that the Elden Ring shards have settled, post games with actual good combat.

I'll start with Nioh.

Attached: 562633-nioh-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 120.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKTacS_LGiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: gg.jpg (3840x3240, 3.52M)

Batman games have dogshit combat

They're button mashy and fairly easy, but not outright dogshit.

Dark Souls 1 has better combat than Nioh

Eh Batman's combat is pretty fun but it's nothing special. How's Darksiders though? I've never played it, but it seems cool

How do any of these games have "good" combat?

Ninja Gaiden = Based
Batman = boring capeshit
Fromsoft games = Casual reddit trash
Nioh = For tryhard masochists
DMC = sandbag enemies that don't fight back
Bayonetta = QTEs

>Dark Souls 1 has better combat than Nioh

Attached: 1615737188503.jpg (250x239, 6.92K)

Just about to buy ninja gaiden master collection, thanks user

Attached: 1648399746288.png (510x596, 14.15K)

Darksiders 1 has a fairly simple combat system akin to God of War or early DMC that can get a bit monotonous during the first hour or so. It gets a lot more interesting when you start unlocking more abilities later on.

Darksiders 2 is a lot better in that regard, as the combat is fast paced and snappy, with Death being a more agile protagonist compared to his brother War. It also has a lot more combo potential, as well as added build variety thanks to the addition of rpg mechanics. Think of it as an early Nioh.
This clip more or less shows what you can do if you go out of your way to experiment.
youtube.com/watch?v=dKTacS_LGiY

I have no idea why people like Nioh. There is so little variety in enemies that its laughable.

Stranger of Paradise was the most fun I've had with the actual gameplay of a game in a VERY long time.
There are so many flashy ways to be OP as fuck.

Attached: 1647315100831.jpg (1920x1080, 141.19K)

Looks pretty cool, I'll check it out. Is the PC port any good?
I've been having a lot of fun with SoP but I haven't finished it because my PC has a hard time running it. It's a great game though

>Is the PC port any good?
I played the vanilla versions of both games on PC, and both of them worked incredibly well. As for the the remastered version, I haven't actually tried them yet, but I've read that the Warmastered Edition is pretty good in terms of performance while having enhanced visuals, and apparently comes with the vanilla version as well. The Deathnitive Edition however seems to be somewhat more buggy in comparison, but that seems to be the case for all platforms, and not just PC, and experience tends to vary from player to player. So you can get both of them, and they do go on sale fairly often as both games are a decade old at this point.

Alright thanks user, I'll give it a go

Free flowing combat with a ton of options a great amount of experimentation possible. (This doesnt include sekiro btw)

Word of advice for both games though. They feature a ton of puzzles and dungeon crawling, as they are primarily inspired by Zelda first, and DMC/GOW second. So if that's not your jam, then you may not be big fan. Also, be sure to turn off the damage numbers in DS2 via he menu. It will make the experience a lot better.

only bayonetta and sekiro are good in that pic

>Elden Eing
>Not good combat
Bait

for anyone wanting to get into nioh, have a piece of advice.

1. skip nioh, nioh 2 is literally the same game but better in every way (ignore autists who disagree). playing the first game will burn you out on an excellent game, you dont miss anything by not playing it, just play 2

2. dont waste time minmaxing gear/builds until you hit later ng+ cycles, just equip whatever stuff with the highest stats, and use whatever weapons/skills look fun to you

3. enjoy, its a great game

Picrel but you stop caring about combat after 100 hours

Attached: 1575288579976.jpg (400x400, 38.93K)

I appreciate you exposing your shit taste. Now we can ostracize you from the conversation.

>Nioh
>5 weapons
>3 stances per weapon
>Most stances are subpar and usually there's a single optimal stance for each weapon (like Kurigasama high making low and mid pointless)
>Use living weapons to cheese the game
>Niohfags pretend that the combat is good

Attached: pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif (498x480, 3.74M)

true

We had 3 threads in 2 days that were good and not filled with shitposting, please don't start this shit again

Nioh is a spastic particle fest for ADD weebs

Hahaha. I love DS my man but don't say goofy shit like this

weapons
But there's 11 weapons in Nioh 2
>>Most stances are subpar
But each of them have different range, AoE, ki damage, elemental speed application, commitment for the openings or ki efficiency
>>Kusarigama
Oh nevermind you just spammed the throw and ran away the entire time making every fight take 10 minutes

>Swords
>Dual swords
>Spears
>Splitstaff
>Axes/Hammer
>Kusarigama
>Odachis
>Tonfas
>Hatchets
>Switchglaives
>Fists
>Bows
>Hand cannons
>Rifles

And if you think stances are something you 'main' instead of using all of them all in unison then you missed the entire point of the combat. Go play a game where you're limited by the moveset and weapon choices. Nioh DMC and bayonetta are not games for you.

Attached: rejected_his_message.jpg (600x600, 68.23K)

Both TWEWY games have pretty good combat

Attached: water juggle.webm (640x360, 2.76M)

>ignores reasoned responses and blindly posts meme

Ah, alright.

>games with actual good combat
You first

OP clearly posted Nioh 1 and there is not Switchglaives in Nioh 1, stfu retard.

Meds

Attached: 1636575280821.png (258x387, 190.7K)

Now this is b8

>But there's 11 weapons in Nioh 2
But i'm talking about Nioh 1 dumbfaggot
>But each of them have different range, AoE, ki damage, elemental speed application, commitment for the openings or ki efficiency
Also most of them are shit
>Oh nevermind you just spammed the throw and ran away the entire time making every fight take 10 minutes
Projecting, it's the close range R1 spam that eats Ki and health like nothing with insane stagger efficiency

Why would you argue about an old version of a franchise that was greatly improved by its sequel? Please make that make sense for me.

>uh oh he's pressing me! Better save face by calling him crazy!!!

Attached: c2048472-a27d-4a6d-8b82-5c9b270103ec-profile_image-300x300.jpg (300x300, 14.52K)

>Projecting, it's the close range R1 spam that eats Ki and health like nothing with insane stagger efficiency
You mean the move that locks you in animation super hard and would get you murdered by any slightly fast yokai bosses or LW human bosses?

>But i'm talking about Nioh 1 dumbfaggot

So instead of comparing Nioh 2 to elden ring you'd prefer comparing something old to something new.

Attached: unnamed.png (600x727, 39.82K)

The Kurigasama being shit against bosses doesn't change that highbstabce is the only way to make it worth over simply using another weapon
Low stance is usually just mid but worse only fast swapped for the dodge

Look at OP's post dumbfaggot
>M-muh Nioh 2
You think Nioh 2 is balanced? Lmao

the jedi knight series has never been beaten on good melee

Attached: 1448531555467.webm (640x480, 2.96M)

Stop trying, you'll never get this through that min/max, what's the best, single move spamming playerbases head. They have no idea what good combat is and confuse it for good encounter design.

>I-it's not supposed to be balanced

Attached: 1623674346941.jpg (189x292, 9.11K)

>souls combat with gears of war active reload for your stamina and a ton of flash over substance

also reminder, if the combat has juggling, invisible walled designated enemy arenas for trash mobs, or punching bag combo bait its shit. so no dmc/bayo/ng/nier/etc trash

Based

Unironically based

>Games with good combat
>I'll start
Go ahead OP. I'm still waiting for you to post a game with good combat.

>umm you're not allowed to play aggressively you have to wait until the boss is done with its uninterruptible combos to chip 1% off their health bar

>every weapon has like 40 skills out of which only 1-4 are useful
>that retarded ki pulse mechanic designed for spastics
>stances simply don't bring enough to the table, almost every weapon has an optimal stance and the other two are not worth using
>absolute dogshit tier game balance where ninjutsu and onmyo just cripple the AI, you can one-hit kill bosses easily or build self-sustaining endless living weapon
>even with the instant cast, applying the buffs often lasts longer than the fight itself
Nioh has good combat other than these, but it's really not some kind of holy grail like the weebs like to pretend. And even with the passable combat, everything else, and I do mean literally EVERY SINGLE fucking other thing in the game is terrible. Straight up dogshit. It's like a 3/10 game overall. No wonder no one likes it and every Nioh thread is more about FromSoft games than Nioh itself.

Attached: 1648419795269.gif (382x678, 1.73M)

No one is biting on this bait xir

Yet another user who thinks they've solved a game simply because they found a FOOS. Many such cases.

Attached: WAKE ME UP.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

>a ton of flash over substance.

Are you really arguing in favor for linearity? When the fuck has options and customization ever been bad in a game?

Bayonetta over ninja gaiden honestly. The camera really brings the game down.

>drones getting filtered by mechanics that reward playing well and aggressively
>drones getting filtered by anything more complex than "press circle then R1"

WTF!!!!

>Nioh
>flash over substance
Says the guy playing games where you have to wait for bosses who jumped in the air to crash down 5 secs after just to roll once. There's none of that garbage in Nioh 2.

I beat Nioh yesterday. It was a significantly better game than I expected going into it. I was pretty underwhelmed by how easy the Nine-Tailed Fox was, especially after the centipede guy fucked my ass for an entire day when I started the DLC.

Elden Ring is a RPG with dozens of unique melee weapons, build variety, magic and incantations, weapon arts, ashes and consumables. Comparing it with Sekiro, where you can play as exactly 1 character/build, is very dishonest.

>When the fuck has options and customization ever been bad in a game?
sorry i dont want to grind for a green version of a legendary sword i already have 5 of, so i can get 10% buff to high stance ki usage to make weeaboo strike viable to kill a bloated version of a boss i beat 20 hours ago in the via infinito

Attached: nioh2_soul_match_3.png (1920x1080, 2M)

>so i can get 10% buff to high stance ki usage to make weeaboo strike viable
Tell me, what move is not already viable in high stance? And what makes you think 10% ki consumption in high stance is what would solve your problem?
The only problem with Nioh 2's loot system is that it's not Monster Hunter levels of permanency.

>DMC5
Borders on style over substance, but so does Elden Ring. I would say they’re equal.
>Nioh 2
Yes, better combat than ER. But everything else is worse to an enormous degree.
>Sekiro
Better swordsplay than ER. That’s it. You can’t do anything else in combat. Dumb comparison.
>Batman
Lol no.
>Bayonetta
More satisfying mechanics, far less build variety.

Why does no one else talk about how dogshit the humanoid bosses are in nioh?

>Borders on style over substance
It actually has both, unlike many other action games.

>Yes, better combat than ER. But everything else is worse to an enormous degree.
Better bosses
Better music
Better level scaling (somehow, didn't expect Fromsoft to drop the ball there)
More customization (one guardian spirit does more for your build than 4 rings)
More unique zones (but that's more because ER went open world, zones like Stormveil, Leyndell and the Underground are amazing)
The only real weirdness I can think of in Nioh 2 compared to ER is and even then Malenia is trash garbage

Now games with actually good combat:
- Monster Hunter
- God of War (original trilogy)
- Sekiro

Bayonetta is complete dogshit and only on a potato console - and emulating it doesn't make it not shit.
DMC5 really sucks dicks because you spend all your time loading snarky teenager comments and then "fighting" enemies who don't attack you.
Nioh has filtered me so far so I can't judge
Sekiro is godly if you enjoy the one-weapon thing, it feels great but isn't as wide as all the other
Other FromSoft games are interesting to various degrees

The game I loved the most was the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox because it had the speed of a Bayonetta, the style of a DMC, the difficulty of From and more, and some diversity with weapons. We need more of that instead of watered down experiences.