What went so right?

What went so right?

Attached: SONIC-THE-HEDGEHOG-2.jpg (864x1080, 215.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zah19RJJ2EQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just better than detective pikachu.

Chadow being in the end credits made the movie great.

Attached: shadow_0014.jpg (1440x810, 245.12K)

needed more tails

No it ruined the whole movie and now I'm dreading Sonic 3. Wasn't it enough to have killed the games you have to kill the movies too?

Actually aimed to be enjoyable for fans instead of giving in to identity politics and trying to appeal to normalfags
>Ditches the human characters for 75% of the film
>Critics seethe because "b-but I can't relate!" While fans love it

The truly revolutionary concept of giving the customers what they want.

>kills the games except for the fact that the games continued over 20 years after his debut

Attached: shadow_0866.png (329x471, 210.03K)

>Actually aimed to be enjoyable for fans instead of giving in to identity politics and trying to appeal to normalfags
Except the interracial relationship and black wedding where the fat black sister keeps saying WHITE BOI AINT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU DUMP HIS ASS!

Whoever casted Idris Elba and Jim Carrey deserves a blowjob asap. They carried the movie(s).
The movies did Knuckles right for once.

Zombies were a concept for thousands of years, zoom zoom. Post S3K is zombie era Sonic

And not a single one of those games are beloved today. Even SA2 was kept alive by fake zoomer nostalgia and the fans have since turned on it when they grew up and realized it was shit.
Kek this.

They nailed Knuckles' character.

ah yes i love sonic doing dance to random pop song and random wedding plot

At least they realize what kind of franchise this is. This isn't fucking MGS it's a fucking kiddie game about a cereal mascot. Yeah, cereal mascots with guns, how cool is that? Yeah, there's a reason why Mario won.

SA2 literally just had a 500+ reply thread today grandpa. It's still beloved by the majority and Shadow is still the 2nd most popular Sonic character. You need to cope.

Genuinely hilarious watching Metalcucks seethe.

Classic fags are so insufferable and are forever seething that mania makes their entire beloved nostalgic games look mediocre

Adventure 1>classic trilogy

What do you have against having a chocolate wife?

Reduced humans, lots of game references, Jim Carrey and Idris' performances.

It was far from perfect, but it was a fun romp.

Yeah that shit is the last 25% they need to get rid of for it to be truly great
Have some excuse about "you have friends now you don't need a dad to helicopter your ass" or some shit and let the donut lord fuck off

Post your ideas about the third sonic movie
>Eggman and shadow are both villians but they have different sub plots
>The movie is about sonic and co discovering the origins of shadow while simultaneously being about shadow trying to steal the chaos emeralds
>Amy Rose makes an appearance as a side character.
>Two different sub plots. One where tails and knuckles fight eggman and one where sonic and Amy fight shadow
>Love interest sillyness with Amy
>Rouge is neutral to the events but eventually ends up with knuckles

Attached: 1649730421770.jpg (850x515, 89.36K)

I don't know who, but Shadow can't be the villain for the whole movie. So probably Shadow for the first half and if they can get jim back then eggman with possibly metal or something, if not then just chaos.

Eggman unleashes and teams up with Shadow, the movie is a race to get all seven emeralds. Ends with Sonic and Shadow versus Biolizard. Possibly Metal Sonic as a recurring sideboss.

Knuckles is getting his own TV show, they'll probably reduce his role because of that.

Nothing, its just a cash crab made to exloit the "what X but in real life" trend.

>knuckles and tails go master emerald shard hunting and butts heads with stone and rouge
>sonic and tom go chaos emerald hunting and butts heads with eggman and shadow
I want them to lean hard into the Team Dark vs Team Hero shit. Eggman and Shadow have the perfect opportunity to be perfect villanious counterparts to Tom and Sonic.
I want to see Rouge simply because it will be hilarious to see how they adapt her to a kids movie. And I think she'll have excellent chemistry with Stone.
Leave Maddie at home, and leave Amy out of the movie, and it'll be good.

With the exception of little to no chuckles, he was pretty much exactly how I pictured he'd act in the classic games. Really self-serious and totally naive when it comes to social situations.

"Dot...dot...dot...dot..."

Of course
>Unlike sonic I dont chuckle

I had a dumb ear to ear grin when Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all teamed up

Attached: 1648713965883.jpg (666x666, 52.96K)

>What went so right?

Attached: knuckles.jpg (864x1080, 181.71K)

Amy has to show up in the movie though. She's another one of those characters people know and would make sense corporate wise to include her. Even a small useless appearance would be required

>knuckles fire dunking sonic
>sonic getting tails to spin him around
>tails carrying knuckles to the death egg robot
When was the last time Team Sonic actually acted like a team instead of two Sonic syncophants? The racing games don't count.

Attached: 1624479485593.jpg (780x1024, 115.22K)

Can this maybe be the one Sonic universe without Amy? Just to try it?

And somehow there was still too much of the humans.

The dance scene and multiplying tails was way too punishing

Same, that close shot of the 3 of them running side by side was great

I grew up and I love it more than ever.

Attached: shadow starts.jpg (594x767, 81.42K)

>people over the age of 12 are going to the movie theater to watch this garbage
Yikes

The coolest part is that Sonic never actually wins a fight against him. The best he can do is talk him down.
Big step up from Game Knuckles just pushing switches and giggling culminating in the most pathetic boss fight ever.

Attached: 170170-sonic-knuckles-genesis-front-cover.jpg (800x1091, 148.76K)

Neurodevelopmental disorder

Continuation
>Pop culture references are not included. Sonic saying "like vin diesel vs the rock" and "of the winter soldier" was annoying
>Give the humans an actual purpose to the film aside from showing up in Hawaii to introduce G.U.N
>Make it more action based. By that I mean don't have haha funny scenes like the dance off section or stupid black lady marriage scene

Attached: sonic chaos.jpg (453x1024, 102.1K)

The only annoying part about knuckles, was the starfire talk.
For as much as I loved the baseball game scene at the end, the "I am having the fun" talk got pretty annoying, especially since he didn't talk like that for the entire rest of the movie.

Agent Stone is great and was underutilised in Sonic 2

N

>Tfw stone is gay
>He's played off for laughs instead of having a stupid moment where he explains that his parents hate him like in Disney movies
>In a Hollywood movie
Based sonic

All your standards have become so low thanks to Disney that you'll enjoy literally anything. Like dangling car keys in front of a dog

Amy isn't that important to the SA2 plot, but I know that corporate would drool over adding her. I just think that the movie deserves to be mainly Shadow and having to shove in an Amy subplot would just bloat things up, similar to the wedding in this film.
I think eight characters are a perfect size and keeps things focused. With two pairs facing off each other, maybe a fight near the end that mixes the team up (a Shadow vs Knuckles fight would be immediate kino for example)
>Tom, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles (Team Hero)
>Eggman, Shadow, Stone, Rouge (Team Dark)

Why did Tails need to be unconscious for so much of it? The first movie did the same thing with Sonic himself and it seemed really unnecessary.

So the token humans can save the day.

Tails was voiced by the actual videogame voice actor, not an A-lister like Sonic or Knuckles had. It makes sense that Hollywood would want to make sure she didn't take too much screentime.

A small part I really liked was how when Robotnik was powering up and Dr. Stone screams "Take me with you!!" and he does with 0 intent to sacrifice or hurt him . Kinda sweet.

>voice actors being considered for Shadow are Robert Pattison, Keanu Reeves and Nicolas Cage
Who would be the best?

Robert

I just want a steamy love making scene with Shadow and Maria.

Tom and Maddie are harmless, but the black bitch of a sister needs to go.

He even lets him control the weapons.

Keanu if they actually have him put on a voice instead of his normal one

He's doing Batman in the Krypto the Superdog movie so maybe he'd be a good fit

youtu.be/zah19RJJ2EQ
Sonic 3 will be THE highest-selling video game movie of all time

Attached: Shadabow.png (958x714, 496.52K)

Eh that just sounds like him doing his raspy voice he does normally. He would need to sound more whispery and only do the rasp when he screams or something. At least it seems like he's completely possible to get considering he's doing the voice in some shitty bargin bin kids movie so theres a chance he'll sign up for something good.
Would be kinda funny if they did get him, because it would be another character that has had someone close killed.

SH3 is not going to work without Eggman WTF DO WE DO BROS ITS OVER