Why aren't you emulating Playstation 2 games right now?

Why aren't you emulating Playstation 2 games right now?

Attached: PCSX2.png (954x673, 79.38K)

I have a working fat PS2.

input lag

PS2 is the worst console I've ever played

Playing the Radiata Stories undub. Have played the console version around 6 times through counting both paths, so far the undub is vastly superior because they actually had really good JP VAs and more scenes are voiced.

I have a PS2 with FreeMCBoot and a harddrive hooked up to a CRT.
Can you even put a CRT filter on PCSX2? lmao

CRT filters are a meme

Motion sickness, thing i didn't have when i was playing on an actual ps2

It's just not that good of an experience yet
Way too many completely broken games, even in the ones that work they're often a glitchy mess and the performance varies wildly with some 3D games running at 4k on hardware that chugs in some 2D games at native resolution

Did they finally add a title list á la Dolphin to PCSX2, or is this just a mockup image?

redpill me on freeMCboot
does it work on japanese region consoles?

But I am, just not every single day

Attached: IMG_3013.jpg (3264x2448, 1.54M)

Ps2 is actually the only 3d console that can actually look worse at hd resolution.
Too much of it was interlaced, blurry and relied on the low res to pull off effects.

me too. tenchu is even better on a modern tv cause you can't see shit

I thought PCSX2 added an exclusive fullscreen mode for this.

Because the only game I want to emulate, Baldurs Gate 2, can't fucking be emulated

>emulating
>ever

Attached: 1642006120460.jpg (2019x1884, 856.89K)

I played all the worthwhile games when they were relevant.

I've never encountered any of these problems when emulating.

Hol' up
Duckstation dev decided to bring over even more of his ui goodness to PCSX2?

>There's even an anti emulation schizoid now

Attached: 1618044522932.jpg (402x383, 93.28K)

maybe upgrade your CPU

>I'm a brainlet who can't change a few settings, and I also have a potato pc, my experience was sub par so that means nobody should emulate!
Hope this is bait. I am literally retarded and even I can follow basic online guides to get emulators working well.

>no Ace Combat
>no Armored Core
>no Seek and Destroy

>Hol' up
>Duckstation dev decided to bring over even more of his ui goodness to PCSX2?

Attached: 1650065413915.gif (640x591, 1.11M)

I just emulated the entire PS1 and PS2 Armored Core line-up last month

what are some ps2 jrpgs that i haven't played already

Attached: 1399486143195.gif (450x660, 646.59K)

If I emulate games, then I have to start over. I'm not sure how to import saves yet, and it's probably an involved process. CBA right now.

fat 60gb ps3? not emulation then

I can't think of a single PS2 game I'd want to play at the moment. Maybe one day I'll try Xenosaga.

nigger my backlog is so large i'm just finishing up the dlcs of nioh 1
let alone bloodborne or sekiro or elden ring
and you want me to go back and replay older games on top?
Yea Forums needs to stop larping like we're all still 20 years olds in uni with nothing to do except vidya

I have a working slim ps2

do you only have like 3 hours of free time or something? how

I am
on my phone

Attached: phone gaming.jpg (2015x1134, 224.16K)

No, it's a slim

Did you have to do any NG+ before the DLCs? I hear they're total bullshit if you don't, which has put me off.

Eternal Ring

There are no games worth emulating

WRONG

Attached: 51IT1Yi1zaL.jpg (353x500, 56.01K)

ok fuck you got me
it looks interesting, is it actually good or did you just say it because i doubt that many people know about it?

but I literally am

Attached: dds1.png (1280x768, 824.34K)

I concede.

You realize this is equivalent to saying 'the only games worth playing are the ones officially made available to me'? What a fucking retarded opinion.

too much trouble, i'm lazy

Yeah I don't see why not.
It's well worth getting it's pretty cheap to buy the memory card online and all you have to do is plug it in and you're good to go.
It doesn't remove region lock on physical games though.

like most fromsoft games in that era it's "weird but kinda ok"
alternatively check out Evergrace

I mean, am I wrong? Ps2 library is full of shovelware. Literally every single worthwhile game got a port for ps3/ps4.

played evergrace
so eternal ring is just a prettier kings field?
i got extremely bored with kings field to be honest

>emulating Xenosaga
You're an idiot

Berwick Saga

Not him, but why?

$50 for a ps2 and freemcboot memory card, load up games from HDD on my PC via ethernet, old Sony CRT from the attic, heaven

I never played Kings Field but I know theyre meant to be similar. It probably won't blow you away but it's a fun time if you're just looking for something to play

bump

where do i download that ui?

>Can you even put a CRT filter on PCSX2? lmao
Of course you can, you can put a CRT filter on literally anything. Look, I even put a CRT filter on me calling you a faggot, faggot.

Attached: file.png (1356x975, 1.29M)

I had one as a kid so I think I've already played most of the games I'm interested in. Not to mention a lot of the titles have superior version on the much easier to emulate Gamecube.

duckstation dev is a literal schitzo who got kicked off many projects and even went on a sperg and closed down duckstation development to then reopen it later
but yeah he's supposed to be working on the qt update for PCSX2 if he doesn't go nuclear and delete it all, again.

I don't know how....also I don't know how to emulate PS2 I want to play crash bandicoot twinsanity

>I don't know how to emulate PS2
>Also, I don't know how to emulate PS2
based alzheimer patient user

Because most of the PS2 stuff I'd want to play has been ported to PC to where I don't need to emulate.

The only ones that I'd emulate are Burnout 3 (but I'd want the X-box version), and MGS3 (which might get ported to PC).

Because PS2 emulation is fucking dogshit.

I tried playing GT3 the other day, horrible lag even in fucking native resolution mode.

>MGS3 (which might get ported to PC).
if it's anything like the MGS2 port it's still not worth getting over emulation/ps2.
>inb4 some retard links v's fix for the 900th time

don't feel like playing any particular PS2 game right now

>if it's anything like the MGS2 port it's still not worth getting over emulation/ps2.
We won't know that until Konami (if ever) does it.

But functionally, everything people would want to emulate from the PS2 catalogue either has a PC/native port or is ported elsewhere. There isn't a huge need to emulate PS2 titles.

Yes. It's tied to your memory card, not the console.

There is nothing I care about on that console.

Because I don't want a smelly old CRT and the Retrotink 5X Pro is too expensive. Hoping some UK retailer stocks it so I can buy it without import charges, and even then it's gonna be at least £300