Retro Shooters

Attached: Doom Definitive Edition.webm (640x360, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Aa2K_firtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thank you for not using the b word.

Attached: 20220415042359_1.jpg (135x107, 6.54K)

For me it's Blood with the deathwish
Don't @me with your wrong opinions

boomer shooters

youtube.com/watch?v=4Aa2K_firtI

Play unmodded Doom

Attached: 1649896290609.png (480x270, 163.48K)

anyone else tried this one yet?

Attached: forgive-me-father-offer-1sta3.jpg (2560x1440, 1M)

No and I won't.

rain in metadoom when

Faggot rain nonsense doesn't look cool but looks gay, this was made by a zoom zoom

Yeah, it is just okay. The first few levels are bad.

No it looks really bad. Which is probably why the known shills keep praising it.

I played the demo and it was utter garbage.

>boomer shooter
>early access
why did devs got so cocky with their games?

This the gta remaster?

I will add that, at the very least - it was announced and released in a timely manner without any huge delays. That's something I don't typically see with retro shooters.

Because usually retro shooters tend to at least try with their level designs.

I may be one of those wierdos but I really enjoyed Hexen, particularly for it being a fantasy game, because I really like beating the fuck out of my enemies with a giant sword/hammer/axe, or even a spell.
Too bad there aren't that many games in the similar setting. The only modern thing that comes to mind is Elderborn. Shame that it was way too short and didn't even have a simple map editor of sorts.

Wolfendooms

Check out Arthurian Legend. It's more akin to a good Witchaven than Hexen, but still keeps a similar vibe. It's quite recent but seems to have gone under the radar. I never see it brought up in these threads.

for me, it's Blood

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (854x480, 51.57K)

Have you tried the Doom wads "HellForged" or "Abysm 1/2" ?

Attached: HellForged.jpg (1920x1200, 420.46K)

abysm is pretty shit

>phone faggot can't read filenames

Attached: 1629506550481.png (481x616, 402.13K)

nope

>Nightmare Reaper screenshot
Based taste. haven't had this much fun with one of these games in a while. Think I'm only now just starting to run out of steam but I want all the achievements

Attached: 8107583f99a73789ad0849500bd56267.png (876x229, 406.52K)

not a retro shooter

Post your maps.
You HAVE made some maps, right?

>diet
YOU WERE MY HERO JOHN BUT NOW WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

I enjoyed your picture.

Attached: 1649971313693.png (555x568, 368.55K)

Finally an actual retro shooter thread instead LE BOOMIE SHOOTIE INDIE GAME #34089734

Anyways, are there any /k/ wads like Hideous Destructor?

Attached: 1544214809445.png (680x680, 253.8K)

>muh pedantic and nitpicky definitions
cope, it's more fun than [your favorite game here]

Attached: Doom Tractor.jpg (1920x1080, 340.56K)

I once tried to recreate the entire map of washington but gave up at some point. Lost the files since it was more than a decade ago

Im in the same boat as you user.

Best gun i found in NG+ is a 4x doublebarrel that has the cannonball projectile. its fucking bonkers how much room clear that thing has.

Attached: sametbh.png (984x209, 402.8K)

youre acting as if retro shooters are this magical club and a game that doesnt belong in it couldnt possibly be good. you also have no idea what makes a retro shooter and think you just need pixel art graphics
colossal fucking retard

I just beat the story. Wish I could keep going but I guess that's what arenas are for.
I also wish there you could keep 1 arena weapon when you die just like normal map.
Should I go NG+ or go do arenas?
What does carry over?

>mimics the gameplay, style, and mechanics of other games inarguably in the genre
>it's not a part of it because I say so or it's not a gorillion years old
neck yourself. you have an entire board if you wanna talk about Doom's campaign for the 100th time.

Attached: 20220331014608_1.jpg (1920x1080, 562.5K)

>forced reddit memes

Anyone have the problem where the guns sometimes won't fire until you click multiple times?

Attached: 3ff7697d3b28f2a26a1eed4f6c4200f3264095b5c9c46472ca747b1454f34b13.jpg (579x513, 79.55K)

Everything carries over.

The weapons in NG+ have the chance to get damage multipliers of up to 4x

>>mimics the gameplay, style, and mechanics of other games inarguably in the genre
With randomized dungeons, loot, reloading, and a weapon limit?
It's just another pixelshit roguelike.

>>mimics the gameplay
youve never even played a retro shooter you fucking zoomer, get the fuck out of here

My favorite Wad.

Attached: logo_640.png (640x480, 343.13K)

>With randomized dungeons, loot, reloading, and a weapon limit?
None of these are inherently bad or disqualifying to anyone who doesn't have crippling autism, or just objectively false.
You sound like you just read the (admittedly bad) steam description and didn't actually play it
I will continue to have fun while you angrily gatekeep about fluid genre definitions instead of playing video games. You probably shit your pants about Dusk and other games like it too.

When was the last time you have played? Maybe it was patched. I presume mouse works normally?

>None of these are inherently bad or disqualifying
Because you made the game or are a discord mod for the game?
The level design and arsenal are hugely important to how the old games played. Not that you'd know because you're just an eceleb cocksucker.

Attached: file.png (921x495, 151.47K)

>None of these are inherently bad
No one is saying they're inherently bad, they just don't belong in retro shooters. You know you can have good fps games that aren't retro shooters, right?
Fucking spastic

I cannae see shit cap'n

>already reaching the point where you're blindly throwing out buzzwords and boogeymen out of blind rage
that was quick

Attached: Fieri.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

Your game isn't retro, nor is it retro-styled. It's a first-person roguelike with horrible pixel art.

For anyone who played the following games, what's your opinion about them?
Quake 2
Serious Sam 2
PowerSlave
AmidEvil
Hexen 2
REKKER
Hedon Bloodrite
Strafe Gold Edition
and thank you in advance.

>he's still boogeymanning and seething
LOL

>Hexen 2
absolute kino for any hexen 1 enjoyer, will probably filter you
>Hedon Bloodrite
quite possibly the best doom mod ive ever played

I'm playing it right now. The mouse click sometimes won't register. I realize it could be my mouse, but it ONLY happens in NR and no other game or windows.

I played it for 3 or 4 hours. it's ok. there's nothing bad or spectacular about it. some of the gun upgrades are interesting and change how the gun works drastically. level design is mostly linear. I played on Extreme and it wasn't too difficult. had some cool abilities and bosses. but it's fine.

Attached: licmj0h6oag61.jpg (828x1222, 99.84K)

Hedon is excellent.

Played it 3 years ago and they've added more content since then.

Gameplay feels solid and tight, levels are a little mazelike and backtracky though

>Quake 2
Played it in a couple of sittings. Too easy, but I really liked the hub areas with the interconnected maps. Weapons were satisfying, even if the draw times were way too long. Needed muzzle flashes.
>Serious Sam 2
Never played it outside of co-op with Yea Forums. It's alright, I guess. Not a fan of Serious increasing enemy health, and the drip-feed arenas near the end suck. Grenades were cool.
>PowerSlave
Same as Quake 2. I liked the metroidvania-esque level design. Only played the Nightdive version.
>REKKER
Sucks. Sigil is better.
>Strafe Gold Edition
Played it, but it was years ago and I don't really remember much about it.

Nice GTA DE rain, asshole.

Are indie FPS the new pixelshit platformer?

>cool art work
>shit mod
Every time.

Why is so fucking hard even on normal difficulty?

Attached: shadowwarrior.jpg (1280x800, 225.97K)

how do you switch batteries

>First person
>Roguelike
One can not be the other.

This made gay nerd virgins shit and piss their pants uncontrollably in 1985

You get what you pay for. If you want foresight, that'll be another 5 bucks.

Theres a demo out for project warlock 2 and it's fucking excellent, recommend for anyone who can appreciate good level design and understands its the corner stone of retro fps

Attached: 1627591066455.jpg (600x900, 183.04K)

The harder something is the longer you take to beat it.

That was probably their logic.

>randomized levels
>randomized loot
Whatever pedantic term you want to give it, it's not a retro FPS.

No that would be "souls/sekiro/bloodborne -like/lite" "inspired" 2D games

Attached: indie_devs.gif (870x890, 119.91K)

Yea Forums isn't cut out for this game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 152.02K)

As someone whose only ever played DOOM vanilla, where do I start in the modding scene? What are some Yea Forums core doom campaigns?

the way calling nightmare reaper a retro fps insults you, calling it a roguelike similarly insults other people

Hitscanners everywhere. Devs expected you to save-scum.

>Defined vagina bones

Attached: 1623458286163.gif (600x339, 84.81K)

shadow warrior aged the worst out of most old shooters
Not even just the difficulty but the poor weapons and the abysmal level design
Every time Yea Forums posts a picture like this I struggle to find indie games that actually look like this, at least the past few years.

Have you played Doom 2? Final Doom? No Rest for the Living? Sigil?

Attached: 1512338631811.png (1543x6892, 1.67M)

It's not that hard on normal, but it is hard enough to die at least a few times.

overall its a 10/10 game, except for the fucking bees. It's ridiculous how a single bee is harder than most bosses in this game.

>Every time Yea Forums posts a picture like this I struggle to find indie games that actually look like this, at least the past few years.
Death trash

Stopped playing in a city mission. Couldn't find where I should go, even after half an hour searching the entire map.Tried to scale each building, went around every wall and checked every sewer.

So it's neither? I'm fine with that.

>Powerslave still costs 20 bucks

Attached: 1483253950772.png (1600x1350, 1.13M)

yea its neither

>It's ridiculous how a single bee is harder than most bosses in this game.
Wat?
I don't understand why I can't kill fucking fish with a sword though and have to waste uzi ammo which depletes in split second.