Can we stop pretending like this game was good now?

Can we stop pretending like this game was good now?

Attached: elden-ring-plakat.jpg (940x528, 51.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Djqi86jMl5g?t=10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

exploration and level design : kino
everything else : trash

It was good, masterpiece. Cope more

I liked it but the combat is trash and a step back from DS.

I'll play the DLC when it is out but for now fuck From I'm going to play Nioh.

Attached: Elden Ring Screenshot 2022.04.15 - 15.38.53.14.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

>open world game
>level design
Kek

Its a good game. just not a masterpiece. Shit bosses, poor dungeon rewards, and forgettable OST kills it for me

No because fromdrones are braindead normies which whose whole identity is based on these games

Idiot, it still had set locations. Also the different areas on the map are well designed.

Lol Dark Souls 2 had better level design than Elden Ring

(you)

can I somehow like cheese or bug the ai of maliketh
i don't want to see this fucker anymore and i don't care enough to learn his autistic spins and jump

breath of the wild is STILL the goat
they even delayed the sequel just so it doesnt have to be seen next to this embarrassing FLOP in the game awards

i seriously don't understand the point of connecting the levels with giant empty fields. hate the boss fights too

This unironically. I rather play DS2 again than go back to Elden Ring. Not a fucking single memorable dungeon or boss, just quantity over quality that is no better than the shittiest area in any of the previous games.

Attached: 1647104341626.jpg (912x1024, 219.7K)

I never pretended. It was always shit

If its shit, why are you still talking about it?

Yea Forums hates anything popular but also loves dark souls so a bunch of contrarians are having a major crisis of faith since dark souls is no longer a niche game

Both games are trash. I hope the open world meme dies already.

Attached: 1602542399236.jpg (474x355, 26.89K)

I just looked for ENB twitch videos out of curiosity since I have not heard anything from the guy. Every video is fucking hatimg ER design despite loving the franchise and trying to stay positive the whole time.

I love how ER is breaking fromdrones.

Attached: 1645947842675.gif (220x220, 775.46K)

GOTY
COPE

the enemies are beyond annoying but I had a lot of fun exploring. it’s the first game for which I took notes to keep track of the stuff I was doing

The ammount of jorno cope in this thread is hilarious. Game of the decade, easily.

can you stop pretending like you didn't quit the game because you're bad not because its bad

For me it just wore out its welcome. I don't think anyone can really pretend it's anything but Dark Souls 4 with a questionable weapon art focus and a fuckload of padding. I'm sick to death of the same story and thematics. Sekiro and Bloodborne are much more enjoyable because of how they put twists on the tired Souls combat and setting.

From is Gatekeeping the game only for Ugly Gamers With No Life by not adding markers to tell me where to go to find everything, and not adding a mode that reduces enemy damage by 95%

Attached: 2131.png (1182x674, 767.32K)

If ER is good, then so is DS2.
Letting this shit fly won't end well for future FROM games.

I think it's the first souls game in which I dread a DLC. Imagine adding more shit to a game already full of recycled ideas.

>then so is DS2.
DS2 is good

I will probably play the sequel but I'm putting an easy mode mod or something. It's total bullshit that they have all these different weapons, spells, and summons, and by the end of the game the only thing anyone uses is RIVERS OF BLOOD because of how ridiculous the game becomes.

The entire gigantic open map is filled with scenic vistas clearly designed by hand. You'd have to actually play the game for your opinion to have any weight.

Yeah, that's more or less where I landed. Hard to imagine how fucking annoying they'll make the DLC areas and bosses with how Haligtree and Malania were.

It's a solid 6.5

>i am le dreading playing a video game
We know trannies

Level design is the arrangement of walkable area without any art assets/textures applied.

No one is pretending but you

agree with this 100%

great game but the bosses are the worst in the series. don't care about music in games. found most of the dungeons fun regardless of what was in the chest at the end.

really can't overstate how bad the bosses were though. almost bad enough to ruin the game. unimaginative design, cheap bullshit, railroads the user into gimmick builds constantly in late game, your weapon is never as important as your weapon art, your skill is never as important as your broken strategy

The pvp is so bad it's like the dumb gooks just turned it on as an after thought the last week of development

If you like Elden Ring you are a confirmed cuck and quite possibly a massive homosexual.

its alright, the exploration was the best part

the combat being ds3.5 is very dissapointing though after seKINO which had the most fun bosses out of any fromsoft game

Attached: 711286.4800000098_1637346380723.jpg (395x432, 49.23K)

So like any of the other souls pvp?

>no pause screen
>no dualshock UI for playstation (holy shit this is lazy)
>no servers for multiplayer
Can this piece of shit company get any more excuses by their fucking loser basement dweller playerbase?

Yes, I am allowed to criticize something even if their previous game had the same problem, not sure why so many people respond like this about literally any criticism of the game

It was good. 8,5/10

>giant empty fields
It's not that bad

Because if it has the same exact shit gameplay it will have the exact same shit pvp. They haven't add anything to the core mechanics so it will remain the same.

Yep which makes it even more embarrassing for the soulless chinks at from, rehashing the same shit for over a decade

Mimic Tear

The promotional material for this game was fucking garbage. The best part of this game is how grand and deep the open world is and how beautiful the art direction is, not the cringe stale Souls combat and bosses. I only got interested in this game once i saw a walkthrough of it on youtube.
This pic is the best call to adventure i have ever seen, and all those castles you see in the distance? You actually get to explore and you get to explore virtually every nook and cranny and not just a small segment of them. That is so insanely impressive.

Attached: elden-ring-map-system.jpg (1920x1080, 233.76K)

>The entire gigantic open map is filled with scenic vistas clearly designed by hand.
Right, which is why you can clearly find copy pasted assets everywhere, lol.

>dreading
I just would rather play a more fair feeling game than get one-shot repeatedly while I learn attack patterns in a generally overtuned game. The good part of earlier titles was if you didn't play like a retard you could learn on the fly. I can't imagine many people got Malania in one attempt without mage cheese, serious AI fuckery or helpers, maybe the odd greatshielder that does damage.

I was incredibly unimpressed with the exploration. We got a jump and a horse with a fucking double jump instead of mountain climbing with rope and pitons, rappelling down cliff faces and other actual cool adventure shit that would've diverged from basic Souls. We got shit like invisible floors that aren't revealed by the torch that reveals invisible enemies when there's like 2 or 3 in the whole fucking game. Felt like the exact same game except bloated to hell, and the stupid fucking Skyrim level generic dungeon tilesets didn't help.
I couldn't believe that they went from making Sekiro to making this shit.

This is 100% cope

>the best part of a souls game is the derivative open world
youtu.be/Djqi86jMl5g?t=10

Attached: red-flags-for-collection-agencies.jpg (1867x2800, 294.78K)

Man you people are seriously fucking retarded

Filtered
There will never be a difficulty option
Get good

Attached: 1649309094863.png (2048x1448, 524.48K)

It's good but far from being a must-have. Bloodborne was better, Sekiro was better, Dark Souls was better. The open-world part is probably the worse.

I don't need to pretend, faggot.

ER is breaking trannies alright.

Attached: ERbrokeshazamtrannies.png (1240x540, 76.42K)

I never was its trash

This is elden ring not dark souls

It's an amazing game and of you say otherwise you are objectively a failure at life. Let me guess OP, you're over weight, live at home, no girlfriend and jobless.

The time for you to kill yourself is upon us. You know what to do

Either use mimic tear or another summon, personally gigachad Kristoff helped me there.

The PvP is absolute trash too
>rivers of skill
>madness bleed and other stunlocking procs
>undodgable spells
>terrible netcode from 2007 terrible servers
Im never buying a FROM game again

can we stop turning everything into these little gay boy shitpost conflicts
fucking brown people i swear

Attached: 1415643046981.jpg (379x279, 21.95K)

Bros I hate popular thing so much!!!!!!!! Please look at me!!!!!!!!!! Validate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Compliment me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call me BASED please I am begging you holy shit I am such a fucking failure I hate my life I have no friends no family no interests I post on this board but I HATE all video games but please PLEASE PLEAAAASSSEEEE I HATE POPULAR THING SO PLEASE CALL ME COOL CALL ME BASED PLEASEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thats what you sound like.

Absolutely not. Dark Souls 2, with the exception of Majula, didn't have a single good location.

The spirit springs are basically just that though and facilitate exploration and make it more fun.
I agree that the world itself is not very interactive, but what Elden Ring does best is its sense of scale. You see some grand structure upon a mountain or partly shrouded by fog from afar that dominates your view and you go there and explore. I guess it's mostly just a visual trick but when I first went to Castle Mourne i was just filled with awe even though Castle Mourne itself is not a super interesting area from a level design perspective but the legacy dungeons especially Stormvail Castle are well designed as well and are properly scaled so that they feel like castles.

Nah.

>cope

with what?

Yoooo this nigga mad cause some people dont like ER, whats wrong with you

There's an ongoing civil war between fromdrones right now. Half of them will even admit that the game is shit, badly designed, and unfair. The other more zealous/cult like half is lashing out and turning on them. I've actually seen fromdrones tell other fromdrones to get good. I think the more extreme fromdrones are scared of being pushed to the side again. They got bullied of the internet years ago and now they're trying to hang on

The basement dweller meme came from the fromdrones.

we also invented all gatekeeping