The game that divided Yea Forums

The game that divided Yea Forums

Attached: o0MXP7YRbLgqKtNR8RlXHK3sFn-xMtSW4LzEwhXcmJ0.jpg (1481x783, 162.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2012/11/14/3590430/dont-be-a-hero-the-full-story-behind-spec-ops-the-line
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You were suppose to stop playing
What a shit game!

where did the sand come from though?

Walker died in the crash dude its all a dream man

Dubai is surrounded by a desert

desert? you mean like ice cream?

loved the ending speech by Conrad
still hate how pretentious the devs were in stating you should stop playing the game because you're a bad person who likes killing people
inb4 "no bro you're just watching walker's story. If you post the dev interviews where they literally say they're talking to the player then im just gonna say you're coping so don't bother"

Never played it. Looks gay.

I disagree with the idea of war crimes. Spec ops had nothing interesting to say.

Russian hands typed this post

Don't they kill unarmed civilians all the time in the middle east?

Not Russian, I don't even drink.

It's true
It's a game, so it doesn't matter
The problem is that the game is pretty shit from a gameplay perspective
The story is generic 4th wall breaking garbage and the gameplay is a bad military tps
Overall it's a 4/10

It's about optics. Everything is about optics.

my man Azov does warcrimes all the time and films themselves doing them so that means you must now agree with warcrimes and nazism or else you're agreeing with putler

>hes on Yea Forums and doesnt like nazis

>WHAT IF YOU BOUGHT A SHOOTY GAME BUT THE SHOOTY GAME TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE BAD FOR DOING SHOOTY
pretentious garbage

Can I get a link to said interview?

Its telling you that you're desensitized

It's kino and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Was 50 Cent Blood on the Sand that controversial?

videogame violence is not real violence
>WHAT IF YOU BOUGHT MARIO BUT EVERY TIME YOU KILLED A GOOMBA IT CUT TO ITS FAMILY CRYING

i don’t like sand

Yeah but that was obvious. So what? There is absolutely nothing wrong with being desensitized in this meaningless world.

>The US military does not condone the killinh of unarmed combatants
But it does?

Attached: wat.jpg (600x512, 30.07K)

Yes, people are divided over whether it's based on true events or not.

condone or condemn?
Also lmao@hdd problems

Being desensitized to videogame violence != being desensitized to actual real life violence

"condone" is just a PR word. When anyone uses the phrase "we do not condone", it means "we do it but it's bad for our image so we'd like to keep it hush hush"

Undertale is better

unironically yes because you actually do get the choice to use violence or not

polygon.com/2012/11/14/3590430/dont-be-a-hero-the-full-story-behind-spec-ops-the-line
for some reason it keeps reporting the archive link as spam
here's a screenshot anyway with what i mean being said by the lead writer Walt Williams

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (590x299, 27.32K)

US did that before it became cool

And where did the desert come from?

But you made a choice in Spec Ops, you chose to play yet another game that trivializes war and suffering just for your enjoyment.

Albert Einstein

>there are still people to this fucking day that got intellectually filtered by "why do you continue playing?"
It's the gift that keeps on giving.

>The United States Army doesn't shoot unarmed combatants
Uhhhhh, don't they?

I don't care about Yea Forums but i liked the OST

Attached: c3.png (1280x1793, 1.44M)

>>there are still people to this fucking day that got intellectually filtered by "why do you continue playing?"
i get it
it's just fucking retarded because they already have my 60$

Yea Forums isn't /pol/. Hell even /pol/ is divided on nazism

>You can't shoot civilians because...YOU JUST CANT OK?

your dick is divided

Couldn't that be construed more like "simulating killing for entertainment is pretty fucked up" rather than "player bad"? It's more like a critique towards the genre through the lens of sarcastic self-deprecation (ie. "feel like a hero yet?")

Though I can see that said sarcasm could easily be taken for condescension as well.

still filtering Yea Forumseddit in the year 2012+10

>Mmmmmmm, Maybe Mario is desensitizing you to coins????
Who gives a shit?

>generic 3rd person shooter is actually kino

Redditors have never clicked on /pol/ even once and assume it is a perfectly uniform board of costumed nazis who support Russia and probably plan terrorist attacks.

>tfw I didn't buy the game or play it
Guess I beat it the way the developers intended, and am good person to boot.

You didn't support the spec ops devs so yes, you are morally righteous by their standards

>didn't play the game
>has an opinion on it
Average videogame expert on Yea Forums

there's other parts in the interview where they bring up the WP scene and talk about how they wanted to create a scene that made players put down the controller and stop playing the game

I played it on Youtube.

no you're morally righteous in their view if you paid them full price like a good goy and then stopped playing the game you paid for to be on some pedestal of morality

I put down the controller and stop playing the game everytime a game has lgbt shit in it

I can play "No Russian" for hours because it's fun to gun down imaginary civilians, just like I played Prototype 1 for years because of how fun it is to be the 'bad good guy'. I still feel abject revulsion and disgust when I see real gore in shit like liveleak videos. You're a faggot.

It's the only relevant military that has a rule against it. For example Russia has a kill on sight order until areas are captured, this means 100% of the buildings and civilians can legally be killed. In the US it was illegal to kill unarmed people and bomb unoccupied or noncombatant buildings. This is why they were slaughtered in the first year of war because pregnant women would suicide bomb a base because they weren't allowed to shoot them. The funny thing is Russia has still lost more in two months than that first year even though they're allowed to kill anyone and bomb anything.

i mean i've read the actual book on Generation Kill and One Bullet Away and they both talk about fucked up ROE scenarios where people armed or unarmed in a certain AO were considered combatants either way and could be shot on sight

Amazing music. Amazing scenery. Definitively worth playing, despite the gunplay being average and the narrative being good but pretentious and cheap at times

I can play violent videogames perfectly fine, but I still get shaken up when I see a live leak video that doesn't even have any blood.

The whole "you do bad therefore you are evil" thing falls apart when you force someone to do it and saying "winning move not to play lmao" is cheap and garbage. Here ill give a scenario of morality.
An enemy scout dressed in civilian clothing is being chased by your squad he has intel that if reported will lead to the deaths of an unknown amount of soldiers. He is heading in a crowd of 100 people and the people seeing a bunch of soldiers are yelling at you and throwing things but not causing actual harm. Time is essential because he could be on the phone right now in the crowd. So knowing all this do you
A. Try and part the crowd and find this assassins creed douche or B. mow em down and ensure you save everyone back at base.
Boom do you keep your morals at a great hinderence or do evil for what benefits you simple concept really and have it auto save right after to prevent cheesing

Attached: 1629801733334.png (810x688, 454.96K)

But Walker is evil/mad.
You're not Walker.

>when you force someone to do it and saying "winning move not to play
Who forced you to buy/play the game?

It filters noone and thats why its annoying. Pretentious fags think it genius that a game would dare to go "war is le bad"

Perfect example of a good game fucked over because the devs won't shut their fucking mouths. If they just let everyone think "oh this game is about the protag's descent into madness and the horrors of war and increasingly shitty justifications for his actions and all that" then there would be no controversy, it's entirely because the devs tried to make it into this 5D postpostmodern bullshit narrative.

vtards getting mad at a mirror as usual

>le quirky le deep story TPS garbage
yaaaaaaawn

Unironically filtered.