Do you play your PS3 in 2022, user?

Do you play your PS3 in 2022, user?

Attached: 20220416_022209_copy_4577x2578.jpg (4577x2578, 2.03M)

Never owned one

Yeah.

>The shitty port made by GSG
For what purpose

I only play Demon's Souls and MGR occasionally.

I like the PS1 classics.

i feel like all the ports on xbox 360 were smoother.

Its possible to emulate it at higher resolution and framerate than the original hardware, so no.

look at the rating stamps, it's a stupid nigger

I just got a PS3 for the first time a couple months ago and am currently going through its library so yes, I do.

I was playing Demon's Souls on it yesterday. Played Metal Gear Solid 1-4 on it recently and really enjoyed the games.

pretty much this, shame ppsspp can't run Vita games. So I still have a hacked vita, otherwise steam deck would've been perfect for it

Same. It was a great system while it lasted though.

Attached: rpcs3 2022-03-31 18-52-18.jpg (3840x2160, 3.09M)

I emulated a ps3 in 2022

Attached: kz2shotgun.webm (800x480, 2.89M)

I sold my ps3 for like $30 bucks several years ago because I needed some weed money

I have a ps3 but prefer to emulate on pc

Sometimes I replay jack % Daxter and RE4 on my ps3 reminds me of better times.

My PS3 fat finally died last year. It started having issues with randomly powering down mid play session. It got to the point where I could only play for like 60 minutes before it would turn off. I thought maybe it was overheating so I dusted it and even cracked it open to apply new thermal paste to the cpu. In the end nothing worked so I had to reluctantly bin it. I sold all my games to a hobby store and ended up getting about $100.

On the thread topic. I loved playing oblivion as my "offline" game of choice

>ps3 was $600 on release

It sure was. I got it in 2006 and it lasted until 2020. Not a bad deal imo

I used it to play some Daytona USA like an hour ago

>that slow ass movement and aiming
>literally stand there getting shot at for a full 4 seconds but it doesn't matter because regenerating health lol
I struggle to understand how anyone finds this fun.

599 USD
599 USD
599 USD
599 USD
599 USD

Too bad both Armored Core V and Verdict Day crash when you reach the point where you have to create a clan.

I emulate ps3 games on my laptop
can run scott pilgrim smoothly, play persona 5 and sonic unleashed normally, and can barely play metal gear rising if I tweak the settings
I regret nothing about my decisions of emulating ps3 instead of ps4.

I sure do. I play PS3 games and I use the PS3's native PS2 emulator for a few PS2 games too.

What would be the purpose of owning a PS3 now what games make it worth it

I've always felt bad for people whom consoles broke for some reason.
My hacked Wii with emulators still works, with over 3k hours in Brawl.

tokyo jungle

PS3 makes for an incredible media system if you throw some CFW on it.
Also you get to play Skate 3 and The Idolm@ster 2 and other fun stuff.

Sly Trilogy in HD

based

Attached: tjpanda.webm (964x710, 2.83M)

What do you even play on PS3 at this point, 90% of the library was ported to PC. The only game I've been emulating is Dragon's Crown, because it's fantastic and got no buisness being stuck on snoy consoles.

What have you played?

Yeah I got a second-hand PS3 last december and I'm enjoying lots of games that never came to PS4. GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Arkham Origins. I am 200% console baby, don't @ me about emulators and shit

... are you emulating metal gear rising?

Yes

Personally I just don't enjoy playing on pc much. Possibly because I just grew up playing more on consoles.

Attached: 34545903453.jpg (550x449, 41.79K)

Yea, bought a BC one like 2 months, spent like 2 months researching about/preparing to delid it (it was making jet engine) until I found a guy who delid and repasted it for me for like 20$
Now I mostly play Armored Core 4, Burnout 3 and Outrun Online Arcade on it

tl;dr don't EVER buy fat PS3

I just want a pc port at 120 fps

PS3 has no games

That a texture pack?

Console shooters are so fun

they were, it was the most powerful console of that gen

Most powerful and easiest to develop for.

Even if you did get past it you're crash after every single mission clear and there's no way to fix it.
EVERGREEEEEEEEN
EVERGREEEEEEEEN
EVERGREEN
EVERGREEN
EVERGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Attached: 1628136971558.png (1280x720, 1.92M)

I got one modded and play ps2 games on it

I hacked my slim ps3 recently and put every game i ever wanted on it, but all i do is play black ops zombies call of the dead with my brother

Attached: 1646339666668.webm (480x854, 1.73M)

750€ in Europe at release

based

I'm downloading a bunch of stuff from PKGi as I type this

I've completed my playstation collection recently.
>PS1 (chipped)
>PS2 (dead, but FreeMCBoot'd)
>PS3 (4.88 EvilNAT with webMAN MOD and reactPSN), kinda collects dust outside of the occasional Armored Core
>PSP (6.61 L-ME, loaded to bear with PSP, PS1 games, and a few homebrew), will not see much use but I'll pass it down to my younger brother once he's grown up a bit to handle it properly
>The crown jewel, the PS Vita (1000, soon going to have 3.60 Ensõ on it), got it from a friend for free since he doesn't use it, and I absolutely love this thing already (fuck sony memcards tho)
>a PSX that I don't use out of fear I'll brick the drive and thus the console

Attached: IMG_20220415_093857.jpg (3684x932, 512.48K)

Playing PSP Final Fantasy games on modded PS Vita is something to behold.

Been meaning to buy one.

gives me the excuse to post my list of what I plan to put on this son of a bitch
Dissidia 012 on an OLED screen will look like a fucking dream

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 188.69K)

Disk drive motor is dying on mine, debating about ordering a PS3 Super Slim so I get a new controller too.

That's a good list dude, I wouldn't sleep on MGS Portable Ops though. It's not as good as Peace Walker but it's still pretty decent.

I might actually give it a proper shot but my biggest problem with MGS games have always been the controls, they're always extremely awkward if you go MGS3 or lower.

Definitely better on Vita if you map stuff to the analog nub

then I'll give it a shot, thanks for the suggestion

yes, i actually bought gta sa for it

Attached: 1650099790000.png (610x473, 238.41K)

Goddamn did they squander all of that in 2013

No but I still game on my PS3/ dualshock 3 controller

Yes. I dropped Uncharted 2 close to the end though. In got distracted by something else.

Yea, they fucked up but they're definitely making a good effort on the hardware side. It's just a shame their game output is going at a snails pace despite having so many studios.

I hacked my ps3 so i can play games i couldnt get my hands on during its golden days, suprisingly still good for certain games, 3d dot heroes is a comfy but hard to find game

How does that work for syncing trophies or do you just not do that to avoid being banned or whatever?