I hope you dont actually get all 120 stars in Mario 64

I hope you dont actually get all 120 stars in Mario 64

Attached: jolly_fog.jpg (1800x1000, 303.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sm64-port/sm64-port
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

64DS has more soul

Define soul

generic yoshi animals

Attached: remake_mario64_dorryskuttle.jpg (2400x2000, 574.75K)

the opposite of soulless

dont read this sign, or else you should erase your save file

Attached: shhh.jpg (480x334, 54.24K)

64DS has shitty Dpad controls, an obnoxious camera that requires you to stop and hit L to center it, bad enemy and castle picture redesigns, and more boring background sky boxes. Not to mention all of the colors are super washed out and the soundtrack is coming out of a fucking DS speaker.

It is easily the worst remake Nintendo has ever put out. Even the most of the new stuff like stars are either: 1. hit a switch and get to the star before the timer runs out or 2. collect silver stars.

Many of the characters are useless and have extremely niche applications. To compensate for this they split up Mario's hat abilities from the original to the new comers so you would have more of a reason to play them, but all this does is make you go back to switch.

Easily the best part of DS is finding out HOW to unlock the new characters and playing their unique courses. There are some good ideas but horrible execution.

They should have waited until the 3ds for analogue controls and given the characters more crossover so you could play them maybe more than a single fucking level every now and then.

Only fucking zoomers prefer this game, most of the people I have come across who are die hard for the DS version haven't even played the original and it's sad.

The DS didn't have a Analog stick and they experimented with the touch screen for 3d movement and that is the only flaw the gane has. It is a game breaking flaw but you can't bitch on the rest based on it.

Yeah no shit. The touch screen controls are still absolute ass. Did you not see the part where I said:
>They should have waited until the 3ds
I wasn't only bitching about the lack of analogue controls, in fact none of the other points have anything to do with it. All of the other things I listed are still valid.

So is this a glitch or what?

>Natural fade
>Natural
Name a single animal that doesn't have a sharp switch between 2 colors

>116
okay so you can't get
1. the star inside the ship
2. the star under the ship
3. the star on the eel's tail
what am I missing?

>that is the only flaw the gane has
yikes.

Also
>that is the only flaw the gane has
>Bad controls
>In a 3d platformer
>in the remake of a game that was famous for revolutionizing 3d controls
That is literally the only thing that matters.

What said is right though, the new stuff is mindless and adds nothing. In fact it takes away from the experience.

Yeah I'm lost on this too. Maybe you can only get stars that don't count as completing the first star? Like the 100 coins mission, or any other stars you can technically complete before the first one so the ship doesn't rise?

Chameleon

Starfish. Ant. Most oysters and mussels. Worms.

I like DS scuttlebug's suction cups

Snakes like Pit Vipers, or fish like Trout

Those black chickens that are all black
Tapeworms
Triceratops

welcome to the real world

Attached: husky.jpg (521x474, 78.72K)

He said
>doesn't have a sharp switch

Attached: 89436y.jpg (212x257, 10.16K)

You're definitely missing the point. Even the original Mario 54 Dorrie had a white part underneath the mouth and blue on top. That's not the important part. We're looking for the natural fade. Dog white on legs, gets slow darker to it's back. Natural fade.

Gorillas.

oh fuck I said 54 not 64 blunder of the century

Attached: 1621081927183.webm (960x540, 2.41M)

based retard can't even get his own point across right. There is a sharp switch on the original too.

you dont know what soul is

Attached: remake_64_all_001.jpg (2800x2400, 1.72M)

I've never played SM64

>It is a game breaking flaw but you can't bitch on the rest based on it.
except he didn't everything else was separated.

Maybe they mean the red coins star. I don't think it's feasible without TAS. Not that knowing how many stars you can have to display the fog is an information that much interesting.

No one asked, zoomie.

reddit image

reddit prefers the 3ds remake

>3ds
user...

>It is easily the worst remake Nintendo has ever put out
stopped reading here

>any comparison is reddit
shit opinion

>that kid who still can't get a sub 20 16 star

Name a worse one? Ports and remasters don't count. Like an actual remake

all stars

Attached: remake_3_fireball.jpg (700x800, 153.6K)

It's definitely worse, but there isn't anything that breaks the core experience of controlling the character. It would only beat 64DS if you could only control Mario with a fucking pong knob or something.

SM64DS mini-games were cool at least. I remember getting 9999 on slots and Picture Poker. The mini-game where you had to match the heads with the bodies was pretty cool and I also liked that shell target one. Also, the Mario trampoline ("yah-hoo! yah-yah-hoo-yah-hoo!")

Yeah the mini games were fun to play with friends. I do think that was one part of the game I legitimately enjoyed. That bomb Go styled game was probably my favorite

KINO

Attached: 1634817435419.gif (512x384, 705.81K)

>This kills the zoomer

I played SM63

Majora's mask

Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl

>SM63
Kino game.

If they’re counting red coins they’re still wrong, because you can’t get the 100 coin star in JRB WITHOUT the red coins. It’s one of the tightest 100 coin stars in the game, I think there’s only like 108 total coins on the map.

I wish someone would make a crazy mod for 64 with all the DS content but changed to soulful versions.

I did it 4 times over while listening to the Space Jam soundtrack back in the day. Those were fun times.

Attached: 1640798825675.jpg (427x300, 33.79K)

If the bowser slide puzzles were reversed everyone would be talking about how they turned it into some shitty drawing done by a toddler. The painting quality of bowser and peach I'm letting slide because the DS ones are also fucking terrible and also them switching between each other was really cool.

I just don't understand why they had to replace the paintings of peach and bowser with low quality renders. They have the manpower to do two simple drawings of the updated looks but chose not to.

>tfw playing the PC port with Odyssey moveset
Is this the perfect video game?

Both arguably inferior remakes. But definitely not on the level of removing analogue controls from super Mario 64 bad. I actually don't get the hate boner for MM on 3ds. I grew up playing both Zelda games on 64 when I was younger and I thought almost all of the changes were welcomed in them. MM dropped the ball in a couple of areas' graphics but I don't know of anything else.

soulless

There's a PC port? Can I play it with keyboard and mouse?

Hell yeah. I kept the rom on my flash cart just for the minigames. Quite a few of the Mario games on the DS had them, didn't they?

What is it about SM64 that attracts a seemingly unparalleled level of autism?

I think it was just new super mario bros and that one unless I'm missing one. I think you could even cross play the mini games too. Shit was cool

Is having opinions on things you like autism?

DS will always have a special place in my heart
>be kid
>don't have N64
>friend did
>play mario 64 on his system
>he ended up moving
>forget about mario 64
>fast forward like 5 years
>see kid playing his DS in school
>ask him what he's playing
>says Mario and shows me
>memories unlocked
>get it shortly after
>play it religiously
Granted I probably would have found it through wii's VC eventually but it was pretty revolutionary to young user at the time.

Attached: 1526701213692.jpg (598x465, 187.48K)

I think its the legendary status it held for such a long time.

Probably, but I don't know why you would ever want that.

Hmm, it could just be those two. It's been a while. Maybe I'll go back and look at some point, haven't played DS in a few years

Are you joking? SM64 speedrunners are the most autistic people on the planet.

I dislike controllers

Not an official one, some guy made a stand-alone program for it.
I think this is it github.com/sm64-port/sm64-port

look at the ass you stupid faggot nigger reddit homo

Some of the redesigns are baffling. Like some are callbacks to the 2D art like URRRGH and Wiggler. That I understand. But then you have the clusterfuck that is Scuttlebug. guy looks like a fucking Bee. And the fish...is it supposed to be Boss Bass?