>an incantation, therefore Faith
>requires 37 Intelligence instead
???????????????

Attached: file.png (200x200, 52.86K)

>OP
>Sucks cock
>Claims not be a faggot
???????????????

Sorry bible thumper, it's IQ pass from here on out.

Fromsoft had a boner for Int builds this whole fucking game and really wanted you to know it
>Best builds are Int
>Int casts better and faster than Fth
>All the cool Str greatsword/colossal sword weapons ask for some amount of Int
>Caelid gives a whole lot of Int stuff
>Liurnia gives a whole lot of Int stuff
>Some Incantations ask for a ton of Int
They just wanted to punish anyone who didn't choose Int.

You need INT to seeing things as they really are
Blind faith cant help in the case

>study laws of the universe
>aka science
>have faith in said science
Not that hard to understand bro

INT is shit though. You have like three good spells and everything else does the exact same thing but shittier and less efficiently.

The Law of Regression is an aspect of Golden Order Fundamentalism, as preached by the Ever-Brilliant Goldmask. Goldmask was more about enlightened thinking than blind faith, and was the one who designed the Pulley Crossbow and the Pulley Bow.

So it's an incantation that requires intelligence. A spell that dispels illusions and enchantments, revealing the truth.

Which ones? Some are very situational but they work.
Right now I use
>ranni's dark moon as an opener against a boss and free +30% magic damage for 1 min
>stars of ruin if the boss is being dangerous and I have to strafe against him
>adula's moon blade if I can otherwise get to him in melee range or the boss is huge
>haima's cannon if I want to clear a group of enemies
>Comet as a multipurpose spell

its for lore reasons, as an average lore enjoyer, I like it quite a bit
>maliketh's blade
but for real, bleed/dex outclasses everything
if you want to see shit go strength faith
not only is it absolutely weaker in terms of DPS, but late game enemies are particularly strong to it fucking radagon and elden have 80% resistance to holy damage
I think maybe 2 bosses have any sort of weakness to holy, and they're the literally who death bosses that you could solo with your fists

doesnt faith have fire lightning and other shit to deal with that stuff? doesnt seem too bad

FTH is great though. You have a lot of utility spells and basically everything has a niche. You also get access to like five damage types.
INT has fuck all utility spells and every damage spell applies the same damage type.

if you're doing faith for offensive you're doing it wrong. faith is all about buffs, healing, and some good ashes of war that scale with faith

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Golden Order. The doctrine is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of systematic theology, the truth will go over a typical believer's head. There's also Goldmask's metaphysical outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Kantian literature, for instance. The faithful understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these doctrines, to realise that they're not just true - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence, people who dislike the Golden Order truly ARE Ranni trannies- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Goldmask's existential catchphrase "..." which itself is a cryptic reference to Edward Herbert's De Veritate. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simps scratching their heads in confusion as Miyazaki's genius wit unfolds itself on their monitor screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I DO have an Erdtree tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the maidens' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 INT points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

faith has great offense what the fuck are you talking about? faith gets literally everything

>me faith no smart

People like to forget that the priest was usually a priest because he was literally the only guy in twon who could read the fucking bible.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. I had to stack equips + the physick so I could do Corhyn's quest.

You didnt even mention the worst part
>its absolutely required to progress in Goldmask questlines.
I never ever figured that out until it was too late and I checked the wiki. I dont mind some quests requiring the use of spells that require points in a specific stat, but a single quest like that?
Come on, I am not restarting the another playthrough just for a single quest. At this point that is the only questlines I failed in my first and current playthrough.

>t. Dark Souls 3 shitter who didn't make a faith build yet

If faith is so weak you won't mind standing still and letting me give you a hug.

Attached: KISS THE SUN.jpg (2560x1440, 639.85K)

counterpoint: int has comet azure.

You can respec
You can equip hats, talismans, and soreseals. Dingus

believing in skydaddy is the opposite of intelligence sweetie, that's why scientists create vaccines and not priests.

Physic is the best option. 10 free points.

Ok but why do death sorceries and flame sorceries require faith?

I was able to do it without the req

>forgetting about carian piercer knocking down all humanoid enemies

Attached: 1650081971132.webm (848x848, 1.2M)

I actually switched back to FTH build cuz INT spells are just too boring.
The weapons are great but the spells are either weak or not fun to use. It was basically Rock Sling and nothing else.

I literally said in my post that is not the problem you retard. I had progressed too much and only found out about the statue thing too late.

That too

>implying the theory of genetics wasn't invented by a priest

vaccines exist because of religion, "sweetie"
I say this as an atheist. There's a difference between not believing in Sky Dad and refusing to hand out due credit to his wannabe cronies. One is a reasonable assessment of reality, the other is just falling into the same trap as the flock and their shepherd. Just you looking for someone to feel morally superior to.

Lol try using that on a person

>finally get sick of RoB
>go get it myself
>+10 that shit
>keep it on the bar
>never use it unless the opponent also has it
>throw frenzy everywhere
>use vyke's spear
>when RoBfag gets in close enough switch and rock him before he can out-weeb

It's surprising how weak RoBshitters are against their own meta garbage.

For spellblades, Founding Rain of Stars is also pretty good. It's a quick cast that you can fire and forget, and it'll do plenty of damage while you wail on the enemy with your sword if you can keep them in the AOE.

Destined Death has its own concepts and worshipers, as does the flame which is associated with the Three Fingers, also worshiped, I think.

Boy you are a dumbass

>Quest is about Faith guy thinking logically about his religion
>Spell involved requires INT for some reason
Wow it makes 0 sense

>The grass is greener on the other side

Anyone run the Dragon Communion build? Is it fun?

>stars of ruin if the boss is being dangerous and I have to strafe against him
SoR kinda sucks for PvE. You're probably better with Night Comet if the boss keeps dodging your spells.

>unironically pvping on netcode worse than fucking nintendo

Get mist for best DPS pound for pound value

It's pretty sad that the best seal for faith is an arc scaling seal that requires far less stats to get the most out of.

Destined Death covers the realm of the dead before the Erdtree came into being, and Death Birds are the "angels" of Destined Death. Additionally, death sorceries made after the Erdtree came into being rely on faith in Fia and Godwyn, who became the Prince of Death.

Flame sorceries are all derived from the Fire Giants, who worshiped their own outer god. The Fire Giants were genocided to contain the threat of their divine fire from destroying the Erdtree, but their sorceries live on. Thus, faith is required to cast those old incantations.

Fth/str here, i melted maliketh at like lvl 90 smthn with black flame. It's not very flashy but effective

>>All the cool Str greatsword/colossal sword weapons ask for some amount of Int
FTH gets Malekith's Blade, Godslayer Sword, which are very comparable to the INT UGS and who many of the bosses are weak against. Sacred Relic Sword and Golden Order Sword are also really good greatswords.

If the boss is not immune to bleed you can just summon anything tanky and then spam Swarm of Flies to win in a far easier way than any INT build because that shit is basically undodgeable for the AI. There's also the rot breath which lets you cheese any high level boss that isn't immune to it. Honestly the only really broken INT spell is Rock Sling because it's physical, requires little FP, has absurd range and does crazy poise damage.

fire would be the go to for the final boss in particular, but yeah you're right
>INT has fuck all utility spells
true, but I think we can both agree that the most lethal thing in the game is by far bosses, in which case INT outclasses in terms of damage/minimizing how long you interact with the boss
although, in honesty you may be right
I might use this image to give a rough score to the damage types (averaging enemy resistance to them)

Attached: all_bosses_stats_list_elden_ring_wiki_guide_1920px-min.jpg (1920x6488, 1.93M)

Yes. Very strong too. Takes a while, more of a late game build. Need a large FP pool but also the dragon communion seal is the best in the game so basic incants like lightning spear will hit hard.

>Game shits an endless supply of incantations down your throat to try and get you to swap to faith
>it's actually a trap
holy based...

Nice. I've also been wanting to try the Frenzy spells so I'll probably be relying on them early until I can start melting people.

>DS was the STR game
>DS2 was the FTH game
>DS3 was the DEX game
>ER is the INT game

Potery

What were Bloodborne and Demons Souls?

>DS2 was the FTH game
lol

Ds2 was a poise game

faith does not equal holy.
Magic has only a few fire spells and physicals to remedy their damage types.
Rock sling is fucking storng though, so there,s that.
And roilling magma is the best opener since you shoot it, or twice, or thrice at the ground, enemies go close and BOOM, massive damage.

das2 was an int/faith game
and then the patches dropped

DS2 was a HEX game

Problem?

Attached: 1621432995136.jpg (1060x1600, 584.99K)

Yes. Flame of Frenzy and Frenzied Burst are good. Just be sure to level Faith and Arcane for the seal.
Decay and Boralis Mist are the best breaths. Dont sleep on dragonmaw/dragonchomp. Get lightning spear ASAP.

What's the difference between Ghostflame and Black Flame if both are linked to Destined Death?

Ghostflame inflicts Frost and is linked to the Deathbirds, to usher souls to the afterlife after death. Blackflame is linked to the Gloam-Eyed Queen and is a heretical godslaying flame that deals percentage damage over time. Godskin Apostles wield this.

so is white and black fire a shittier variant of the black and orange version that lowers max life? Not to be confused with the brown/black omen fire
THERE'S SO MANY TYPES OF FIRE IN THIS GAME JESUS CHRIST

Ah yes, the wonderfully diverse and exciting world of INT including such classics as magic missile, fast magic missile, slow magic missile, three magic missiles, delayed magic missile, six magic missiles, big magic missile, twelve magic missiles, and many more!

What about ice magic missile and shadow magic missile?
On a serious note though, melee spells are both good and fun to use.