Why is this series cursed to get bad games?

Why is this series cursed to get bad games?

Attached: qehd9mra2c171.jpg (640x333, 34.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yyu0fqv5uvI?t=1m57s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNlOg6r7xM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because GW is to stingy

GW refuses to allow competent devs to touch it

Its like they hate money

Because it is bad.

Because Games Workshop actively does not want games better than their tabletop shit. The only reason they agreed to Total War: Warhammer is because it was restricted to Fantasy, which had already been killed.

GW doesn't like giving out IPs to competent developers, but will hand it out like candy to literally-whos.

How could you watch this and not be FUCKING HYPE????
youtu.be/yyu0fqv5uvI?t=1m57s

In short: Games Workshop
In length: anyone that tries to adapt their table top rules to vidya is sued into poverty because GW doesn't want anyone touching their franchise they way they touch it. You can't blame them for protecting their recipe.

she has a deeper voice and broader shoulders than I do

>thumbnail
>woman
>grey knight game

Games Workshop has legitimately sold their soul, even when they receive a bit of soul from their fans they bite back and strip it away.

Attached: 1650077362020.png (1340x339, 38.83K)

Attached: 1650077525916.jpg (1060x1060, 152.53K)

Then they ban sales to Russia, fucking GW are hypocritical retards

Warhammer has such a rich lore, talented writers such as Abnett and an enthusiastic community.

It is so very sad that GW continually ruin warhammer with their own community with greedy retardation.

I.E only releasing a book in a $200 special edition

Attached: ahriman eternal edition.png (1463x751, 913.43K)

It's dropping the Grimdark universe for lighter stuff. And therefore attracting new fans who don't want the darker stuff and just want Star Wars but with blood and fantasy races.
I recently even saw a fairly famous WH youtuber making fun of fans who like the grimdark stuff, calling them the usual stuff you saw with Star Wars for example "Adult men who don't want their little game to change" (Something along those lines) and the usual Incel comment as well.

Because Games Workshop is actual garbage and despite holding on to gold seemingly can't do anything with it except slather it in shit

I just want a game that plays like the TABLETOP GAME ALREADY FUCK

Attached: the-25-worst-video-game-stock-photos-20111005095633712.jpg (336x450, 36.41K)

The only good 40k game is the 40k mod for Noita

Fuck Russia

I don't even know what to say anymore, at least make an effort to sound like a woman he didn't even do that.

Attached: im a lady.png (1888x906, 2.17M)

Majorkill? He went and dug up some old youtube comments to cancel an opponent because he couldn't properly argue against a guy saying warhammer was "losing its grimdark/becoming onions" and said pretty much what you said at the end

That new space marine game looks neato

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNlOg6r7xM

Its amazing when you look at it:
>Pre-Disney Star Wars: lots of great games
>Disney Star Wars: mainly shit, vaporware, mobile app style games, and corporate hounded soulless crap like JFO
>early 40k games: good like with DoW, Space Marine, etc...
>current 40k games: dogshit, pay-walled to hell, increasing focus on mobile market with P2W strategies
I see a trend here

wdym? dawn of war and gothic fleet is pretty neat

So GW doesn't want anyone to even like their shit, got it.

Ya but it's not going to be anything grand, just a short story like the first. Not enough to satiate that old 40k hunger.

>You can't get this book except shilling out $200
Why won't the UK Government decide to do something about GW? GW is in England, yes?

I thought this user was talking about the girl in the thumbnail in the video here holy kek

Attached: 1618686428707.png (800x810, 84.57K)

Let's be honest, if warhammer was real he would be killed instantly for being a failure and completely useless.

Majorkill has always been a retard, his entire shite being him yelling fuck into the camera. Whooooooooooa hardcore edgy there Mr Majorkill, you're a tough dude no one would want to mess with. Because you shouted Fuck and cunt in your bedroom, alone, into a camera while holding plastic swords meant for kids.

Like I said, the guy has an i.q. below room temperature and it takes all his focus and effort into saying more words with more than one syllable.

Writing team is looking good

Attached: 1650081630393.png (1286x737, 431.6K)

because GW refuses to do what they should've done and vidyafy their tabletop. i'd be more than happy to pay expansion pack prices for entire armies, but im not, as someone interested in IG or orkz, going to give them that much fucking money for an imbalanced shitshow. and they somehow gave tim willits and his merry band of russian mongoloids space marine 2.

Major dev studious typically refuse GW's overbearing control of the IP. GW refuses to let them run rampant despite GW's own questionable decisions, GW only wants their own personal approved depictions adapted. Ironically GW's greed and overbearing protectionism is stifling woke progress in their IP but not because GW want to do that.

That has not been true for more than a decade though it was official policy before 2012. They were seriously worried that if games had characters and models too far from what they sell officially their own TT models sales would be impacted. As I said above, ironically this has allowed them to have a reasonable bulwark against woke bullshit under a guise that can really be overcome by the same strategies that overwhelmed everyone else.

>Inb4 shill
Their methods are for personal greed and vanity reasons and are coincidently effective.
If the current zeitgeist was aligned with their IP you better fucking believe EA would be on their 14th Warhammer game

>Why is this series cursed to get bad games?
Unironically to be a 'correct' depiction of 40k limits gameplay significantly. Most mid tier/indie studios do not have the manpower or talent to pull off a proper adaption of combat and gameplay in 40k that is not a top down or turn based game. Space Marine to date is the only thing that is close. Deathwing got just about everything right except enemy combat but unfortunately they fell short as far as the most important feature of a FPS should be. Fun engaging combat. The melee interactions were atrocious and in order to preserve some difficulty guns were made weak as piss and Terminators may as well be armoured in tinfoil. This is normally avoided in games by having tools or skills to 'dodge' damage but the melee combat was a joke, slow, and clunky. Deathwing and other famous Terminator units are supposed to be masters of their equipment and able to move in them almost as well as normal armour.

But daemon hunters is going to be good right? hahaha..

You're right, I'm just tired of seeing shit like this and having to pretend it's all normal and absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's insidious, but if you stand against tranny shit in your daily life, you'll get ostracised faster than Hitler at a bar mitzvah

Gonna blame GW again here because there's no way I'll be able to play this game more than once if the whole game is NURGLE NURGLE NURGLE. This game would be insane if it had the more XCOM approach of letting you choose between a few planets with dealing with different chaos problems. Don't get me wrong I like nurgle but the whole game is just going to be nurgle..and where is the fun in that?

Attached: 1563536590976.png (400x579, 233.21K)

If I were in charge of DoW 4, and seeing how every new iteration they try and change the way the game plays, I'd go for a Galactic Conquest type of thing. The player would have to mostly plan how things would go down before dropping into the planet as you'd have X reinforcements. And then you know, go around the galaxy with your Fleet doing X and X in different planets and such.

Attached: 1590288920387.jpg (1853x1351, 466.25K)

He doesn't even have an army at all. He apparently used to be into fantasy, and early on admitted he hates 40k but that is where the money is. It is entirely an online personality and his swearing as a "tough true blue ocker aussie" sounds like shit to Australian ears.

Do we swear excessively and cut each other down constantly due to a national level infection of tall poppy syndrome?
>Yes.
The vast majority of us hold that shit in when around female or polite company. He is not even a bogan he is an upper middle class faggot overcompensating and its really fucking obvious.

You are part of the problem. If everyone ignored this a long time ago it would've died out.

>But no me le epic stand against le bad jew

Should've learned from GG, it doesn't work, bard PR is still free PR. Also rent free, lol lmao.

Because GW is a bad company.

If it ends up being a success and sells tons, they'll probably add an expansion for a new faction. It's 100% just going to be Khorne.

Attached: e88.png (509x411, 17.51K)

>stifling woke progress in their IP
Literally every game posted in this thread has trannies working on it and there's a new story about Black Female Space Wolves, and others about the Emperor's real name and wives that he bows down to. It's pretty obvious which side won.

Attached: 1650082452337.jpg (1400x2148, 258.83K)

Money wins.

I didn't say stopped. I said stifled. Delayed.

I'm going to assume this book barely sold?

Lad, I do ignore it I don't say a word or even acknowledge it, but sometimes it gets too much and you know, deep down in your bones, in your soul that something isn't right, that something is abhorrent to nature itself, you keep it to yourself, you ignore it, you let it go, let bygones be bygones and if people want to live like freaks that's their choice and as long as it isn't hurting anyone else then ok.
But like I said, there comes a time when it just becomes un-fucking-bearable to see a man, so obviously a man and I'm supposed to act like it's a woman. It's too much.

I've yet to see irl something as disgusting as the pictures that people who are opposed to the whole thing dump on this VIDEO GAME board.

Honk Honk

They want flashy games that start well and end up shit, drawing in lots of attention and getting people interested in more IE the tabletop franchise which literally prints money

Yes, yes. The reason why licensed games tend to be bad is all because of the transgender people. Nothing to do with Games Workshop being willing to license any developer that gives them good enough terms. No, no. It's those damn transgender people.

Obsessed retards.

Attached: 1606454199440.png (900x1117, 217.99K)

Just shut the fuck up and cut the weeds you mongo no i'm not telling you to go on a shooting spreeOR AM I

Reminder that GW exists only because dedicated paypigs like

Attached: gw cuck.png (553x682, 556.27K)

>Says his army is all recasts right at the end
That's not a paypig, that's just a retard who dismantled his own argument. May as well have said "minis aren't expensive bro I have a 3d printer"

hobbychads I went to a warhammer shop for the first time yesterday and it was bizarre. I am in bumfuck nowhere in america and the shop was ran by a britbong who referred to himself as a close partner of GW. Are they all like this?

WHICH ARMY

Yes, even the ones in LA.

which army do I play? Age of Sigmar mostly as OBR but picked up some spire tyrants to try a start into warcry

GW is too stingy with their IP making game devs dislike working with them
The primary appeal to the series is the aesthetics(its to sell miniatures afterall). The lore is so retarded in some places fanficitions are quite often better because of how much lore they ignore.
Also the aesthetic is getting a bit lost. The imperium was heavily Gothic in appearance but space marines are losing that to become easier to appeal to a wider audience, leaving primarily sisters as the Gothic faction.
The other thing GW fucks up is the heavy focus on marines may work well for them with their minis, but with video games the rest of the factions could probably see a lot more success than GW thinks.
I've thought if they got good devs, a simple way to get a much wider appealing game is a L4d style game, but each chapter changes the factions. Guard->Marine->SoB->AdMech->Custodes/SoS. Could release DLC that focuses on Xeno factions and Chaos factions. This would hit a lot more groups interests aesthetically and as a result would have wider appeal. Issue is this game would take a while to make if it is to be polished, and require competent devs.
tldr, GW is retarded

The moment an online game comes out better than sitting around with $3000 worth of figures in a smelly comic shop filled with fat nerds the hobby dies.

The opposite, they give the rights to the games to literally fucking everyone
0 quality control

>Warhammer has such a rich lore, talented writers
lmao. The books are 95% dogshit, and the remaining 5% are mostly mediocre. And the lore has very little thought put into it on top of being constantly mangled for decades.

greed