Dragon's Dogma Vocations

Pick one

Attached: Dragon's Dogma Vocations.png (700x800, 632.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f26KyGr6y8w
youtube.com/watch?v=SwYN7mTi6HM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i choose the better dragon game

Attached: download (3).jpg (205x245, 10.71K)

>595783438
such low effort trolling

apparently good enough to work on you

Mystick Knight was the absolute shit, unironically fun as fuck to launch so many cannons at people that my system lagged

Mystic Knight is based, but nothing beats dropping High Bolide on some niggas

Attached: 1624014663608.jpg (800x517, 24.94K)

If I could only play one, probably assassin

One-shotting a chimera using Arc of Deliverance makes my dick hard

based Wankel engine class system
also Magick Archer has an answer for every situation

Did years ago when i played the game, Magick Archer, it was fun and flashy and kinda reminded me of Valvrave somehow.

Attached: 1372251571742.gif (480x270, 2.86M)

Used to be mystic knight, now it's warrior. Not enough buttons in either cases. Especially warrior. I still don't get what the thought process was behind giving them so few equippable abilities. Even then, they're fucking great to play as.

Attached: Berserk_3_012.jpg (1132x1600, 599.53K)

Strider really gets fucked when hundred kisses and brain splitter are pretty much mandatory and then for brain splitter you probably want leaping stone so you miss out on all the other cool ninja shit like the pocket sand and the scorpion get over here thing

>Valvrape
fucking hell the memories

Bereft of my true love I choose Magic Archer

Attached: spirit lancer.jpg (1280x830, 145.58K)

for my first playthrough I did ranger. it was fun, but pawns are mostly useless at full range
second full run I did warrior. fun as shit, even with fewer skills

hard to think its been so long
Yea Forums lost its shit when that all went down
its was beautiful

Mystic Knight makes me feel in control.
Perfect blocking bitches, setting up canons to hit bitches out of reach from my steel and stun trapping big hulking bitches with continuous ruinous sigils.
I always try to play other classes at the start but nah man, MK is what I'll always comeback to after fully boosting a single starter vocation.

That too.

Warrior. I never stop loving stagger and jump attacks.
Mystic Knight once you start needing ranged or magic in BBI (werks with literally 0 magic attack, attack stats are a meme).
Fighter pawn that goes Strider when needed.
MALE because they're heavier and taller.

Attached: 1623769009238.png (513x555, 197.91K)

Fighter has became my favorite
I love dragon's maw and sheltered fusillade
if it had assassin's gouge move I probably wouldn't play anything else
I also really like the aesthetic of sword and shield

Attached: sns.png (460x793, 436.89K)

With mystic knight, of course stats don't matter in the first place compared to equipment, but I think for the cannon the damage is split 60% magical and 40% physical so it works good even on pure physical

I still think it's weird that fighters can't wield maces

The correct choice is mystic knight so you can do shield riposte spellbomb shit.

Fighter.
Simple as.

Assassin is the most fun
Mystic Knight is OP
Strider is underrated
Fighter/Warrior are meh
Mage/Sorcerer are flashy
Ranger is safe but crap
Magick Archer is weird

>team of 4 Fighters using Dragon's Maw at once
It's quite something

please help, im in bitterblack and just beat the dark bishop. the areas after this are fucking me up with me doing little damage and getting swarmed on

Strider

Attached: 1628588923431.jpg (500x500, 188.38K)

Get better gear/upgrade your weapons

ranger, most fun skills in the game.
can cheese shit with explosive arrows

Ranger using daggers is the stupidest fucking thing about this game. In no fantasy setting would a fucking ranger use daggers outside of having one as a side knife for cutting shit in the wilderness. Always a long sword, or if it's high fantasy, dual wield swords (even though dual wielding is retarded an offers 0 benefit irl).

Attached: 1649566019316.jpg (218x218, 9.29K)

Strider

>tfw remember Miura is dead
>tfw no more Berserk
>tfw Elder Nig doesn't scratch that Berserk itch in the slightest
>nothing does in fact
>if Itsuno will get to make DD2 it will probably be gay uncanny valley pseudo photorealism garbage like DMC5 chasing zoomer generation with wubwubwub and zoomer haircuts everywhere
Bros... I feel so fucking old.
youtube.com/watch?v=f26KyGr6y8w

Attached: index.png (792x683, 343K)

>even though dual wielding is retarded an offers 0 benefit irl
I agree but I throw realism out the door in these games almost always
that said you'll never catch me dual-wielding

MA, just because

As if there is even a choice

Attached: ddg.jpg (1042x681, 146.86K)

I always liked dual wielding in Jedi Academy and KotOR due to how fucking broken from gameplay standpoint it is in both games.
The spin2win with dual kata in Academy is undefeatable if your enemy gets in killing range.
And in KotOR dual sabers + force speed + flurry fucking melts everything as long as you have the correct feats.

Oh yeah, for sure it's fucking strong in those games and I don't look down on anyone who plays dual-wielded in video games, I just don't like the look of it

pic unrelated? inquisition was dogshit
only good thing in it was cassandra romance

If you played Magick Archer then you didn't beat the game

Mystic Knight

Attached: 1589309723213.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

If you didn't play all the classes you didn't beat the game

The dual wielding isn't even the issue, it's the daggers. A ranger would never use a dagger as his main melee weapon, nor would anyone but an assassin. And only then because you can conceal it. I'm letting fantasy tropes be chill here, and even with them, no way a ranger would ever use a dagger.
Actually, if light sabers were real, dual wielding them would be beneficial because the blades are weightless, and can cut through almost anything with no effort. In a real world situation you'd always want to either be using a shield, or 2 handing, but if lightsabers were real, there could be fighting styles that would make it good because the only shields that can block light sabers are made from really rare materials like cortosis and are hardly ever seen.

Yeah I get you, I don't like the look of it much myself either but I'll always go for it in vidya if it wins me fights.

>Actually, if light sabers were real, dual wielding them would be beneficial because the blades are weightless, and can cut through almost anything with no effort.
I mean, true, there's also the fact that the people wielding them have literal precognition ability where they can see few seconds into the future the entire time which is why they can use lightsabers effectively to begin with.

Yep, that's me. Never touched a blue class in all my playthroughs

Can someone tell me how to fucking play Warrior in this? It feels like he's utter garbage, kinda like using 2H heavy shit in Souls games is also garbage and slow.

Mod it so you get 6 active skill slots and not shit attack stat scaling

Attached: 1553371618463.png (640x478, 431.37K)

>not shit attack stat scaling
wait never mind that's strider
just the skill slots

unarmed

Warrior

Attached: 20220215023928_1.jpg (2560x1440, 790.54K)

Not even to get all the augments? You'll want those for MK/MA builds

Abuse weak attack while listening to Van Halen
youtube.com/watch?v=SwYN7mTi6HM
use Barbed Nails to increase knock down/stagger

Attached: Dragon's Dogma Screenshot_2 (2).jpg (1280x720, 71.68K)

Link mods?

Strider for days, literally the only game ever that makes playing a ranger feel good.

IRL two swords gives you a advantage in combat compared to one it allows you cover yourself while attacking and attack from different reaches,
the reason why it wasn't common is that carrying 2 swords is annoying and swords can be expensive and you can carry something more confortable like a buckler or something that gives greater advantage like a full size shield

Attached: dual.jpg (215x234, 11.81K)

Attached: mystic knight.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

>Try Mystic Knight
>First skill you get is the ability to parry into a fucking fireball
It became my favorite class after that.
I wanna replay the game, why did they only gave us a single save slot? it's bullshit.

Attached: 1521931134608.jpg (500x431, 97.45K)

I like Warrior but it's too shit, so Assassin.

I made 2 other steam accounts and maxed out the pawns on them with AI and bbi equipment (the ones that heal you per second, so good when you stack 3 pawns wearing that shit - no need to carry mages nor healing items)
just because there's no save files
and also, it's pretty good having free pawns you can hire that are maxed out and can carry you whenever you wanna try something new

Where the hell do I find another magic bow? There's only one and its numbers are so low compared to the random ass swords and daggers I've got

Fighter was so good for the pawn. The defense is so high that on hard mode they can't take physical damage. Core defense is weighed 2x as much as gear, unlike core attack which is weighed .5x as much as gear. Getting hit does 0 damage to their HP on hard because of the buffed augments. Their utility comes from being stagger machines since they perfect block 99% of hits and you can change their skillset to only use the high knockdown skill. That and rusted bow striders were the best pawns.

>he gives any shild skills to his fighter pawn

Attached: 63468769.jpg (974x750, 59.86K)

Magick Archer
Once you set yourself on fire and hop onto a giant only to crawl around him like a flaming spider, there is no going back.

Attached: coming to fuck your chimera.webm (406x720, 1.13M)

Attached: demonswrath.webm (854x480, 2.68M)

That's why I liked making my own. There's a trillion decked out striders and mages because of waifu bullshit so I actually felt I was breaking the mold for once since everyone's fighter pawns had that fucking shield drumming move.

Soulflayer Canyon usually has one in a chest

I gave her one as she has the Def down thunder shield

Gave my pawn a Rusted Shield, she goes bonkers with Cymbal Onslaught to debilitate enemies and then Dragon's Maws them

Attached: 20180330165759_1.jpg (1920x1080, 423.85K)

Can I get a quick rundown on rusted weapons? Are they actually useful?

At the highest gold rarified dragonforged level they have a high chance to cause poison and torpor to enemies. They're great secondary weapons because of that.

Rusted Weapons, when upgraded, slow your enemies. It's why you'll see a lot of dagger classes with rusted daggers because they'll just slow the fuck out of enemies and make them especially easy to kill
If most of your damage comes from (You) then it could very well be a benefit to outfit your pawn with a rusted weapon